A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 297,164
Currently Running With Scissors:
399 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 110
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED-HP Craftalong ~Summer Semester 2013~  (Read 117193 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #980 on: August 18, 2013 09:18:57 AM »

TO PINKLEO: My owl is too unwieldy to work on during the next few weeks so I would like to shelf it for a while until I feel better and propose another that will be easier to work on during the next month. Can I do that?
Yes, you can! Grin  Sending ((HUGS))! Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #981 on: August 18, 2013 10:32:46 AM »

before I begin my Hogwarts Stocking, I'm going to work on....

OWL Subject: Herbology
House: Gryffindor
Project Name: Capturing Hearts Comfort Ghan
SPEW: donating to Elephant Tears
Pattern Using: Little Heart Scrapghan
Brief Description: For my Herbology OWL, I will be cultivating Lamprocapnos spectabilis, also known as Bleeding Heart, which is found in many witches' gardens.  The story goes that this plant was created by a witch who lost her true-love...

grabs a flower to tell the story...

It is said that a wizard loved a witch who took no notice of him.  To try to get the witch's attention and prove his love, he brought her exquisite and amazing gifts from far and wide.  One day he came across two magical pink bunnies and offered them both to the witch.  :::pinkleo pulls off the two outer pink petals and sets each on it sides to show the animals:::  The witch was unmoved by the rabbits so, he tried again and presented her with beautiful dangly earrings.  :::the next two inner white petals are separated and held up next to pinkleo's ears for display:::  Still, the witch paid him no attention.  The wizard was so distraught over being spurned that he took a dagger and stabbed himself.  :::the remaining center of the flower is shaped like an outline of a heart with a line down the middle...the heart is held up, the dagger-like line is removed, and pinkleo plunges the "knife" through the heart's center:::  The witch, realizing too late that she did love the wizard, cried out, "My heart shall bleed for my wizard forever more!" and her heart bleeds to this day.

...My OWL plan is to cultivate the heart flowers and transfigure them into parts of a blanket.  I will join these hearts into a ghan that will hopefully give comfort to those who grieve.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

noodle-bug

equal parts love and evil laughter

« Reply #982 on: August 18, 2013 01:48:39 PM »

Challenge: August detention
House: ravenclaw
Project: shell patches
for the recent patch swap, I made these patches - 3 of which are shell themed (1 shell, 2 shell buttons)

the shell is one i picked up on the beach on my recent holland trip

Challenge: Chilli bean
Project: keep your cool firefly stencil
So. An aquaintence of mine was recently using the laser cutter in my friends workshop (my friend is great about letting people use her awesome equiptment, mostly it's computery controlled stuff so not my bag, but I love that she lets anyone play) while I was there, to cut a serenity stencil. It didn't go well - the stuff he was trying to cut was to thick so the laser didn't go all the way through, and the stencil design he had wasn't great since some of the bridges were way too thin, and there were some overlaps.  Anyway, this acquaintance stormed off in a huff and my friend was saying he always loses his temper and quits a project if anything goes wrong. So i decided to send a gentle message about what can be achieved if you keep your cool (or, lose your cool but then return once you've got it back again), so I bodged together the stencil he'd been working on, cutting through where the laser had failed with a Stanley knife, thickening some lines with tape and making a few design alterations. It's way from perfect, but it's useable and proves that the project is do-able. I hope the acquaintance will return to alter the design themselves now I have shown it's not entirely un-usable

THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
Ant Bee

Expecto Procrastinatum!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #983 on: August 18, 2013 07:56:59 PM »

::Sound of radio tuning as it passes various stations until finally settling on one::

Hello Friends!

Welcome to our regularly scheduled Sunday S.P.E.W. Review! Here to help us this week is Hogwarts ghost Moaning Myrtle, welcome!

Myrtle: *Sniff* Why must you call me that? My name isn't Moaning Myrtle, it's just Myrtle...

Reviewer: Right! Sorry Myrtle, I, uh, just love alliteration?

M: (sigh) That's ok... you haven't visited me in a long while... no one visits my toilet much... You'd think they would after 70 years... It's probably because they all hate me....

R: Aw, no Myrtle, I'm sure that's not it! 70 years, wow! But hey, we invited you to help on the show, didn't we? That's kind of a death-day anniversary gift from the listeners, right?

M: I suppose. *looooong, dramatic sigh* But it would have been nice if I had been invited sooner... I died during the school year you know, it was, (her voice gets gleeful) awful!

R:. (Pause) Right then, sorry about that. Scheduling and all... Well, let's get started. First let's remind the listeners of the score-card totals:

Slytherin and Hufflepuff are tied at 180 points
Gryffindor is in second with 150 points and
Ravenclaw is in third with 130 points.

Now, let's see what we've had in the past few days:

Sytherin has a great addition from TechnicolorAquahearts.   You must love her boys and girls bathroom passes, Myrtle.

M: WHAT? Just because I'm dead and spend my time in an S-bend?! Are you going to throw those at me. too?!

R: Wait, what? Myrtle no, They're for-

M: OH, SURE! Stupid Myrtle doesn't even know what the passes are for! Probably they wouldn't use Myrtle's toilet anyway! INSENSITIVE!

R: (Flustered) Uh, oh boy, um... Sorry Myrtle, shall we go on? (Long pause) Well, listeners, Myrtle is giving me the cold shoulder so-

M:(wails) Cold shoulder! COLD SHOULDER?! You're as bad as that Olive Hornby! I'll show you cold shoulder!

R: GAH! Sorry, sorry! Myrtle no, stop putting your hand through my back! GAH!! Merlin's beard this is harder than I expected! I just wanted to tell the listeners the rest of the postings. Ravenclaw is next, Myrtle, isn't that your house?
(An indistinct "hmph" is heard)
R: Ohhhh-Kaaaayyy, well, it looks like Ravenclaw's Netchez has shaken her yarning up by creating a Frosty the snowman bib for the local baby pantry- super cute! (waits for Myrtle to say something. She doesn't.)

R: Gryffindors JennieIngram and Pinkleo really stepped up their S.P.E.W. postings this week with a combined 13 posts! Amazing! JennieIngram wows with secret squirrel items for the Aquahearts (no spoilers here, thank you.). Pinkleo worked up some adorably colorful baby sets for Bundles of joy and her Pine Ridge friends are getting 2 more squares. If she's not careful they'll be renaming it the "Pinkleo's Personal Protection Providers" or some such. Listen, I said I like alliteration and I work for S.P.E.W., we're not really known for catchy acronyms, sorry.

M: (snort.)

R:And finally our Hufflepuff lovelies Midkiffsjoy and CraftyLadyMJ have worked up some yarny delights, too. Crafty has 3 hats/sets to go to her recipients at the Dream Center and Midkiffs is sending 2 hats, a tiny fairy shirt, and more moon pads than you can shake a stick at. Good work, ladies!

And so the new totals stand as such:
::Pencil scratching sounds:: (Slightly off mic: Gimme some room, Myrtle. Hey! Quit it! I can't concentrate when you do that!)

R: Right. Ahem, a big shake-up this week listeners, are you ready? Here we go!

In first place is Gryffindor with a whopping 280 Charitable giving points!
Not far behind is Hufflepuff with a strong 260 points- watch out Gryffindor, a 20 point gap is nothing for the likes of Midkiffsjoy if she ransacks her house for more flannel!
Within striking distance in 3rd place is the Noble Slytherin house with 190 points- not bad, not bad. (*Myrtle scoffs*)

And we find Ravenclaw 4th in the march with 140 charitable crafting points- nicely done!

Well there you have it, still anyone's game, of course, and Gryffindor really made a strong showing over the past few days so they may be the ones to beat! The summer session ends in 13 days, Wizards and Witches, so pull out those stash-busters and get your craft in gear!

Well, I'm off to find a heating pad. Have a great week, Everybody! Next week's password is Basilisk!

M: "INSENSITIVE!" *Myrtle wails shrilly and floats out of microphone range ending with a splashing sound.*

::Radio station goes out of tune and winds through indistinct static::

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harry witnessed Professor McGonagall walking right past Peeves who was determinedly loosening a crystal chandelier and could have sworn he heard her tell the poltergeist out of the corner of her mouth 'It unscrews the other way.
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
patty_o_furniture

May the force be ever in your favor, Mr. Potter.

« Reply #984 on: August 18, 2013 09:08:37 PM »

OWL Subject & Option: Care of Magical Creatures - option 1
House:  Hufflepuff
Project Name: Pony Barn
Brief Description: (how it fits the requirements, pattern/techniques used, materials using, plan of action, expected timeline, etc.)  For my OWL I want to make a home for some fascinating creatures of the muggle world that children find irresistible--my little ponies.  For this OWL I want to make a barn to home them.  The barn structure is already built, found from a muggle previously owned shop.  I will paint it up like a barn and then add miniature paintings that creates individual compartments for each of the ponies.  I think I may make a tree outside for them to gather apples and play under.  I expect this to take me the required three weeks, but if I finish early I will make other clay or what-not add ons for ponies to play with in the barn.

NEWT Subject: Care of Magical Creatures
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: MGH
Brief Description: (explain how your project relates to your subject, pattern/techniques used, materials using, plan of action, expected timeline, etc.)  This is a secret project for my partner in the HP swap.  I will be bringing elements together to make an item worthy of my knowledge in proper care and handling of different magical creatures.  I will be using chipboard, wire, clay, glass, paint, wood, and a secret magical item to complete this project if all goes as planned.  This must be completed before the send out date of October 4th.

~~~

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Arithmancy
Project Name: Peanut Butter Cupcakes
Project Page Link: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=426750.0#axzz2cNip8ZNR
Brief Description: These cupcakes, though dangerously complicated, are exceptionally tasty!  There are a lot of steps, which make them time consuming, but it is worth it in the end.  All parts are homemade, except sadly the reeces at the top...maybe next time.  Cupcakes- a rich devils food cake.  Fudge center- oooey gooey mouthful of super rich chocolate.  Frosting- soft and smooth as a cloud with peanut butter accents.  Fudge drizzle- just the right amount of fudge topping to bring the chocolate through the peanut butter frosting.  And a miniature reeces peanut butter cup on top for the cherry on top.  Incredible.  Tastes like it came from a specialized bakery.  
Project Picture:

For giving a neighbor a smile, box a few up so they feel special (okay so real reason is you are so proud you want to share them to let everyone known how awesome your baking is.  That and you don't want to eat them all yourself).

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Bingo
Brief Description: 2nd line across
Arithmancy: cupcakes
SPEW: wands
Herbology: cherry nails
House Unity: butterbeer sauce
Muggle Studies: Apple box oven

« Last Edit: August 18, 2013 09:18:04 PM by patty_o_furniture » THIS ROCKS   Logged

elektra blue
« Reply #985 on: August 19, 2013 12:35:08 AM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Care of Magical Creatures
Project Name: Jobberknoll feather earrings
Project Page Link (if available):
Brief Description: when i read the description for comc this idea immediately popt into my head,  its quite easy , but attaching the feather to the hook will always  stay a challenge for me
Project Picture:

« Last Edit: August 19, 2013 07:53:03 AM by pinkleo - Reason: fix imgs to appear » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #986 on: August 19, 2013 08:41:47 AM »

Note from the Deputy Headmistress....

Our *FINAL* Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Bean Mini-Challenge of the semester has been posted!  

What's this week's bean!?!?  Take the Portkey to the Deputy Headmistresses Office to find out!  And while you're there be sure to check out the inspiration projects from all around Craftster.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong - Summer Semester

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
BadWolf314

Team Textbook Captain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #987 on: August 19, 2013 09:37:39 AM »

elektra blue: I love the colors of those earrings! Awesome first post.
patty_o_furniture: Those cupcakes look so yummy. Your jewelry pieces are gorgeous and your handcarved stamps are amazing!
noodle-bug: I love your patches and that Serenity stencil looks awesome.
pinkleo: Bleeding Hearts are gorgeous I cant wait to see what you do with them! And all your crochet projects make me realize how much I still have to learn.
VegJess: Your bee is adorable! And I love the Dalek bag!
ErinAquaheart: The scarfs are wonderful! I hope the keep you nice and warm!
midkiffsjoy: That top looks wonderful and I love the details on the belt. Your knitting loom is amazing! And that snowflake hat is so cute!
CraftyLadyMJ: Mancala is one of my favorite games and I dont have a set of my own yet but as soon as I finish up my carton of eggs I know what Im doing! I also love the hats they are so cute!
TechnicolorAquaheart: Those cookies are making me hungry and the notebooks look amazing!
jennieingram: Your jewelry sets are awesome and those cards are adorable!
pottermouth: Cute gnomes and those bookmarks look awesome!
Naantje: I love the colors on your table cover!
FiberAlchemist: I seriously am jealous of your doormat. What kind of paint did you use? Ive been wanting a more nerdy entrance to my house!

And everyone elses projects are awesome too!

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Transfiguration
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Crochet Toothless
Project Link: http://sarselgurumi.blogspot.co.uk/2011/05/toothless-amigurumi-pattern.html
Brief Description: Night Fury - Speed: Unknown. Size: Unknown. The unholy offspring of lightning and death itself. Never engage this dragon. Your only chance, hide and pray it does not find you.
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Theres no point in being grown up if you cant act a little childish sometimes.
Summer HPC
Summer Nerd Battles!
netchez
« Reply #988 on: August 19, 2013 07:54:11 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Astronomy Professor Challenge
Project Name: Sun, Sand, and Surf Socks
Project Page Link (if available):none
Brief Description: the instructions said think of something I'd seen since the winter solstice that reminded me of the beauty in the world... well I was looking at yarn and this yarn reminded me of the time I lived near the beach between the gulf and the inter-coastal canal.  I could sit at the bar in the living room, look one way and see the surf rolling in, another way and see the ships going up the canal, and another way and see the shrimpers going out between the jetties (with gulls following closely).  It was so beautiful in the early morning (as are the  mornings here on the farm).  ! could not resist the yarn.  I have never knitted socks before but this yarn just said "make socks to wear at the beach house"... so here they are!  I just love early mornings....
I used an old Red Heart free pattern for dorm socks to make these.  They are adjustable to fit anyone's feet since they go by width of the foot and length (in inches) of your foot.  Pattern LW1533.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Audania1
Christmas crafting all year round...

Magic always comes with a price

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #989 on: August 19, 2013 09:51:11 PM »

Hey all! I'm just in for a quick turn in of my Alchemy homework and then off to look at the last 6 pages! Everyone's Quidditch was fantastic!!

Class: Alchemy
Title: Peacock Pseudo Clock
Link: None
Description: Yikes! My transfiguration spell went horribly wrong! I was meant to turn my peacock into a clock and it turned into a peacock colored hoopla instead! At least its got a beautiful Bible phrase for my girls to remember what to do when they are arguing. Its definitely going up in their room.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 110 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Chocolate Whoopie Pies
Greek Lemon Yogurt Cake Recipe
KD101: Strawberry Champagne Pops
How to Make Sticky Buns at Home
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...