A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 300,961
Currently Running With Scissors:
420 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 110
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED-HP Craftalong ~Summer Semester 2013~  (Read 124357 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #960 on: August 17, 2013 10:10:57 AM »

~*Last Day of Quidditch Cup*~
Alll scores must be made before midnight.
(Take note we go by Headmistress Time)

Quidditch Remembrall
---Remember projects for the HPC should represent your best crafty skills.  Take pride in your work.  
---Submissions should take a minimum of 30 minutes to make.  
---Incomplete or partial projects will not be accepted.  
---All HPC rules apply for Quidditch events.  
---All enchantments and protections spells will end precisely on August 17, 2013 at 11:59pm CT.  
---Clearly mark it your project by using the header, and if your project is for charity, add SPEW and where your item is being donated.  
---You cannot double dip for points.  (You can snag 2 badges for a project, but not double points.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

midkiffsjoy
« Reply #961 on: August 17, 2013 10:19:38 AM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: *S.P.E.W.* Bertie Bott's Chili Powder Challenge *S.P.E.W.*
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: *S.P.E.W.* Snowflake Ear Flap Baby Hat *S.P.E.W.*
Project Page Link (if available): http://www.micahmakes.com/blog/free-pattern-versatile-earflap-hat-pattern
Brief Description: (how it fits the requirements, pattern/techniques/recipe used, any fun tips, etc.)  Just looking at this baby hat makes me shiver.  It's crocheted in ice blue yarn shot through with glittery white thread.  It has 4 giant snowflakes crocheted with white yarn shot through with glittery white thread sewn on.  It took much longer than I expected it to.  I've always WANTED to crochet snowflakes, but have always been intimidated by them.  It took hours just to sew the snowflakes on.  I used the Micah Makes ear flap hat pattern and am donating it to the Baby Pantry
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: *S.P.E.W.*  Days for Girls Moon Pads *S.P.E.W.*
Project Name: *S.P.E.W.*  Days for Girls Moon Pads *S.P.E.W.*
Project Page Link (if available): http://www.daysforgirls.org/#!patterns-and-sewing-tips/c1upv
Brief Description: (how it fits the requirements, pattern/techniques/recipe used, any fun tips, etc.) I managed to get one extra moon pad out of the last receiving blanket, but only 3 whole moon pads from this receiving blanket (with some left over for combination pattern pads).  They're *so* CUTE!!! 
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster.  Justifying my need for a craft room. Cheesy

Cheesy !!!!Let's go Hufflepuff Let's go!!!! Cheesy
Naantje
« Reply #962 on: August 17, 2013 01:04:53 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Quidditch - Broomstick
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Tablet cover on DPN's
Project Page Link (if available): http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=426718
Brief Description:
I prefer to travel by Hogwarts Express or other trains. Even if it's just commuting, taking the train always feels like travelling, but without all the hassle that you get when flying. (I swear, I get a pat down about half the time I pass through security!) No traffic jams, and because you don't have to mind traffic, you can actually do something with your time! Read a book, knit, crochet and since recently, we've got this electronic muggle device they call a tablet. I've filled it up with books from project Gutenberg and I really like that it doesn't weigh as much as a paper book would. I was afraid the screen would scratch in my bag though, so I knitted a cover to protect it Smiley

I think it's a nice coincidence that the colorway of the yarn lined up to form electric blue lightning bolts on the central piece! My love for Harry Potter is so large, it even sneaks into my crafts when not intended! I love it Smiley
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 in '14

Calling all talented witches and wizards to join us in the Winter Semester of the Harry Potter Craftalong.
pottermouth

I like Kit-Kat, unless I'm with 4 or more people.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #963 on: August 17, 2013 02:46:31 PM »

Challenge: Quidditch/Beater
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Peggie Gnomes
Brief Description: Two little gnomes for the girls!

Challenge: Quidditch/Broomstick
Project Name: Doodle Bookmarks
Brief Description: Preferred mode of transport? I prefer to be transported to a new location via books. Does that count? I doodled and watercoloured some bookmarks to add to DD1's Harry Care Package. She's a major horse lover (the bookmark says "Hay There!") and I thought I'd paint a skinnier version of the cat too.

Class: SoAR
Project Name: AugustBell's Birthday Prezzie
Brief Description: Our beautiful AugustBell is having a birthday right along with Craftster and I thought I'd send her a little something. Since I haven't mailed it out yet, I will pm the Headmistresses the picture of what I made.

Challenge: Quidditch/ House Pride
Project Name: House Unity Bunting
Project Page Link (if available):Cute Mini Bunting Pattern
Brief Description: Quickie mini House Unity bunting to show support for all of the teams! It is currently displayed with TP roll owls and a cereal box owlery.

« Last Edit: August 17, 2013 06:41:15 PM by pottermouth » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Harry Potter Craftalong Headmistress*~

Beware the power of my Sonic Seam Ripper!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #964 on: August 17, 2013 03:02:39 PM »

~*Note to the Aquahearts:  This post contains spoilers!  A box of cheer will be sent out by Owl Post first thing Monday, so if you wish to keep the surprise, scroll away from this page!~*

Challenge: Bertie Botts - Chili Powder
House: Gryffindor!
Project Name: Cool Blue Czech Glass Button Pendant & Earrings

Brief Description: When I think of cool, I always seem to think of light blue & turquoise.  That reminded me of some lovely Czech glass buttons in my stash that I've been meaning to turn into a pendant and earrings.  This is the result.  I can't wait to wear them tomorrow.
Project Picture:

Challenge: Quidditch - Beater
~*SPEW BONUS POINTS PROJECT - Dementor Repellent for the AquaHearts*~
Project Name: TARDIS Carved Rubber Stamp

Brief Description: As you all know, our dear ErinAquahearts is in need of cheering. Since she is a big Doctor Who fan, I thought she might like a TARDIS rubber stamp.  Cheesy
Project Picture:

Challenge: Quidditch - Blagging
Project Name: Paper Bookmarks

Brief Description: I like bookmarks of all shapes and types, but I prefer them to have tails of some sort.  Since dear ErinAquaheart will be spending some time healing, I thought she might get some reading done.  And really, you can never have enough bookmarks.  Wink
Project Picture:

Challenge: Quidditch - Blatching
Project Name: Lavender Aromatherapy Bath Salts, Candle & Body Wash Set

Brief Description: For this project I decided to combine a few crafting techniques.  I made a melt and pour soy wax candle, mixed together a batch of bath salts, and cooked up a batch of creamy sensitive skin body wash. All three are scented with lavender to be soothing and healing.
Project Picture:

Challenge: Quidditch - Chaser
Project Name: Healing Stone Bracelets Set

Brief Description: For this project, I created a set of three stone bracelets that work together to heal and soothe.  The first is striped blue agate with a Hamsa charm.  Agate is a protection stone, and the Hamsa is a charm used around the world to protect the wearer from harm.  The second bracelet is a rainbow of semi-precious stones and features a heart charm.  The stones include garnet for constancy, amethyst for healing, agate for protection, jade for love, aventurine for luck, carnelian for energy, cherry quartz for healing, and jasper for stability.  The heart is for the healing power of love.  The final bracelet is quartz crystal for healing, with a lion charm for strength.
Project Picture:

Challenge: Quidditch - Cheering/Spirit
Project Name: Bold Heart Bracelet

Brief Description: I found these beautiful stone heart beads and knew they had to become a Gryffindor bracelet.  With 7 bold red hearts to remind me that the best weapon we have is love, and 7 brass stars to remind me to see the magic all around me.
Project Picture:

Challenge: Quidditch - Cobbing
Project Name: Yellow & Purple Starfish Wash Cloths

Brief Description: Craft something pointy?  You got it!  Dear Erin is in need of handmade washcloths, so I whipped out my favorite hook, and crocheted up a pair in my favorite happy star pattern.  Deep purple and bright yellow to cheer her.  And pinkleo, I think I finally figured out what I was doing wrong on the pattern!  Wink
Project Picture:

Challenge: Quidditch - Haversacking
Project Name: Monarch Butterfly Pendant & Earrings

Brief Description: I made the stamped pendant for this set ages ago.  I believe it was either last Fall or Winter term in the HPC.  It has sat in my stash of Vintaj goodies, waiting to become something more.  I finally pulled it back out and turned it into a pendant, and whipped up a pair of earrings to match.  The round orange beads are carnelian, and the yellow teardrops are citrine.
Project Picture:

Challenge: Quidditch - Quaffle-pocking
Project Name: Good Fortune Paper Crane Earrings

Brief Description:  I know how hard it can be when someone you love is unwell.  In an effort to cheer TechnicolorAquahearts and MommaAquaheart, I made 2 pairs of "paper crane" earrings.  The red Swarovski Crystal beads are to bring good fortune, and the cranes are to bring joy.
Project Picture:

Challenge: Quidditch - Snitchnip
Project Name: What Do You See ATC

Brief Description: According to TechnicolorAquahearts, Erin enjoys ATCs.  They are very much NOT my usual crafting techniques of jewelry, sewing or even crochet.  But I enjoyed pulling out the markers, stamps, ink and paint to create this one.  Smiley
Project Picture:

Challenge: Quidditch - Stooging
Project Name: Stamped Note Cards

Brief Description:  Since Erin enjoys sending and receiving cards, I thought she might like a stash of handmade note cards to have on hand.  I made a stack of 5 of each of 5 designs, for a total of 25 cards.  Many of the stamps were carved by our very own patty_o_furniture!
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Facebook | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
VegJess

Pretending to be a functioning adult is exhausting

View Profile
« Reply #965 on: August 17, 2013 04:15:57 PM »

I've been working on this project for weeks and I finished just in time to get it in before the Quidditch Cup ends tonight!

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Quidditch- Bumphing
Project Name: Exterminate Me Handbag
Project Page Link: For the dalek I used this pattern: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/exfoliate-dalek-cloth
For the letters I made my first very own chart: http://www.tricksyknitter.com/knitting-charts/exterminate!-53777
Brief Description: As soon as I saw the Dalek pattern, I just HAD to make something for my friend. So I set out to make her a bag. I couldn't find anything I liked for the back of the bag, so I set out to learn the art of making and using charts. This was my first time doing so and also my first time knitting with two colors (besides changing colors for stripes, etc.). I sewed in a liner too (not pictured). I am calling this bumphing because I know that the Dalek will offer protection for all of her things!
Project Picture:

Now I'm off to see what I can come up with for the latest SPEW challenge Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BadWolf314

Team Textbook Captain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #966 on: August 17, 2013 07:20:22 PM »

Finally finished up all my Quidditch Crafts!

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Quidditch Cup: Chaser
Project Name: The Doctors Bookmarks
Brief Description: One can never have enough bookmarks. And these three would be an awesome team!
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Quidditch Cup: Broomstick
Project Name: Adipose Bag
Brief Description: Now while I travel, I can carry around whatever I need in my new adipose bag.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Quidditch Cup: Cheering/Spirit
Project Name: Mini-Quilt
Project Link: http://www.u-createcrafts.com/2013/06/fat-quarter-doll-quilt-tutorial-by.html
Brief Description: I used some blue fat quarters and whipped up this mini-quilt to support my team.
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Theres no point in being grown up if you cant act a little childish sometimes.
Summer HPC
Summer Nerd Battles!
midkiffsjoy
« Reply #967 on: August 17, 2013 08:31:17 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Beater Quidditch Challenge
Project Name: Knitting Loom
Project Page Link (if available):
Brief Description: (how it fits the requirements, pattern/techniques/recipe used, any fun tips, etc.)  I was so impressed with the socks everyone has been making on sock looms but I could not afford $30. for one so I built one.  The oak was scrounged from a part of a shelf I found beside the road to town.  Smiley  I love to reuse!!!  It took much longer than I thought it would.  My floor drill press decided to die while I was drilling the nail holes, and I had to finish drilling the holes with my dremel.  I used finishing nails for the pegs.  I had to sand them individually to remove the rust that had settled on them.  I HAD beautiful wooden knobs for it but I could not find them so I used plastic embroidery frame knobs.  BUT it's finished and now I can try my hand at loom knitting socks too. Smiley
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster.  Justifying my need for a craft room. Cheesy

Cheesy !!!!Let's go Hufflepuff Let's go!!!! Cheesy
patty_o_furniture

May the force be ever in your favor, Mr. Potter.

« Reply #968 on: August 17, 2013 08:52:51 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Quidditch- Spirit
Project Name: Hufflepuff Stamp
Project Page Link:-
Brief Description: Hooray Hooray Hufflepuff!  Show my hufflepuff pride with a handcarved stamp.
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TechnicolorAquahearts

Proud Slytherin in the HP Summer Craftalong!

« Reply #969 on: August 17, 2013 08:54:35 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Quidditch- Seeker
House:Slytherin
Project Name: Golden Peanut Butter Cookies

ErinAquaheart was craving peanutbutter cookies so I thought they were perfect for this challenge because you have to bake them up to a golden brown.

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Quidditch- Beater + SPEW
Project Name: Wooden Bathroom Passes

This simple project will provide much relief for a class of fourth graders in a public school. since public schools are considered charities and I donated these they qualify for SPEW.

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Quidditch - Chaser
Project Name: Healing Chakra drawing set

ErinAquaheart and I are always talking about healing not just her disease but her mind body and spirit. These discussions often lead to a variety of philosophies being discussed so based on these discussions I knew that she would like these drawings of the chakras that concern the area of her body that needs to work together to heal itself. The three chakras are the root, the splenic chakra, and the solar plexus chakra. (mentioned in order of the pictures)

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Quidditch- Keeper
Project Name: Spare yarn coasters

Erin and I sit back in her room while she has to be in bed and we realized very quickly that we needed a pair of coasters for our drinks on her night stand so I whipped these up.

Class/Challenge/House Pride:Quidditch- Broomstick
Project Name: Crochet Travel pillow

One of my favorite ways to use transportation is to go on roadtrips, and believe me a pillow is awesome to have on a long road trip So I crocheted this one with a cotton yarn so that it would wick away moisture and not get too hot.

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Quidditch- Cheering/Spirit
Project Name Go Slytherin Manicure

Now I don't normally paint my own nails, but I figured I needed to do something to represent my house at the quidditch cup so I painted my nails as slythie and I could make them.

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Quidditch- Penalty- Bumphing
Project Name: a Protective sleep cap for ErinAquaheart

Erin is cold ALL THE TIME because of what she has going on so she asked me to make her a soft cuddly sleep sack for her head and here it is modeled by the wonderful mommaaquaheart

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Quidditch- Penalty- Quaffle Pocking
Project Name: A very holey washcloth

Erin has asked for as many handmade wash cloths as she can get because they feel so much better to her than plain ones so I was able to make her this one. I tried to learn a new motif while I was at it, but on my third try I ended up with a great washcloth but a not so great hexagon Smiley

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Quidditch penalty Snitchnip
Project Name: Tinkerbell Cross Stitch Hoop

I have rarely ever made a cross stitch patterned project like this and I am a free spirit who doesn't like to follow patterns so I took this as an opportunity to get better at accepting patterns as a good thing.

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Quidditch penalty stooging
Project Name: Eyeball Abstract Drawing

One thing that is easy for me is abstract drawing or zendoodling as some call it. I do it all the time so here is one I made for this challenge:

PHEW!!! just got those in under the wire!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

etsy: www.lynnaquaheart.etsy.com
Like me on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/AquaheartStudios
Follow Me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/LynnAquaheart
I have a blog about all things creative! http://lynnaquaheart.blogspot.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 110 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
A Better Way to Eat an Ice Cream Cone
How to Make Easy and Delicious Walnut Fudge
How to Make Peanut Butter and Nutella Smores
How to Make Candied Orange Peels
Inside the Raaka Chocolate Factory
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...