A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 299,174
Currently Running With Scissors:
442 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 110
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED-HP Craftalong ~Summer Semester 2013~  (Read 123869 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*Harry Potter Craftalong Headmistress*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #920 on: August 13, 2013 11:16:56 AM »

Challenge: Craftster 10th Anniversary Challenge
House: Gryffindor
Project Name: Craftster Community Inspired Charm Bracelet

Project Page Link:  http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=426560.msg5080204#msg5080204
Brief Description:
What does Craftster mean to me?  Inspiration and Community.  I visit Craftster every day, and every time I stop by, I am inspired by at least one thing I see here.  I can be inspired by something that makes me smile, or something I want to try my hand at, or something ordinary made into something extraordinary by a fellow Craftster who wasn't afraid of a little hard work.  I am inspired by the community of people who have been brought together here by our mutual love of making and doing.  We all have different backgrounds, interests, beliefs, and lives, but each and every person in this lovely little community has a heart that longs to create, and that binds us together.  In short, Craftster is all of us.  All of our imaginations, all of our creativity, and all of our hard work.  Craftster is us.  

The best way I could think to commemorate that thought was with one of my infamous charm bracelets.   Wink The creation of a good charm bracelet is not all that different from the creation of a wonderful community.  You need to collect diverse elements which come together to create a harmonious whole.  I have tried to cover as many crafts and interests as possible, but I have by no means captured them all.  And I'm okay with that.  Because I don't think you can ever truly capture everything about this beloved little corner of the internet, since every single day, someone here creates something new, and brilliant, and never-seen-before.  Please visit the project post for further details on the charms, beads, and Craftsters I gave a shout-out to.

Project Picture:
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013 08:09:43 PM by pinkleo - Reason: fixed entry portkey » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Facebook | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
lelyonna
Tutorial Contributor

Regnflickan

View Profile
« Reply #921 on: August 13, 2013 01:34:18 PM »

Pinkleo: That is a sh*t load of squares! Good job! And I love the colours!

CraftLadyMJ: Your wands are so adorable =)

ntrebleagain: I love those ties! I really don't like jewellery at all, cause I have some weird ocd-like issues with metal in contact with skin. But those really really rocks! So much I actually kind of want one. Which is to say a lot ^^

Class/Challenge/House Pride: August detention
House: Slytherin
Project Name: From the sea we came
Brief Description: So, I have gotten my role for the elf-larp I am going to this autumn, and it turns out my role is an outside elf from the seaside, so I decided to make an underskirt to go with my OWL-dress, with some light embroidery inspired by waves on it. It is folded up in the photo, so you can only see parts of it,but I will take better pictures later when posting my OWL I think...

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Qudditch- chaser
Project Name: Packed and ready
Brief Description: I always find bags to be very useful when out camping. To keep your crafting things, your hygiene-products, your candy. Your precious precious candy.... My preciousssss.....
(anyways, such dull simple bags, but I am really satisfied with the design I made which allowed them to be so very fast and easy to make (pretty much 10 min/bag), and still have them all lined and perfect in the finish.)

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Qudditch- Haversacking
Project Name: Finally!
Brief Description: Sooo.... I cut out the fabrics for this  cloak about 3 years ago. And made the terrible mistake of putting them together-allowing me to sort of be able to use it, as long as I pinned it together with a kilt pin. Big mistake, since that made it so much easier to be lazy and never have the motivation to finish it of in order to be able to properly use it. And let me tell you- 5 meters of hand stitching a frakking hem is not something you long to just pick up and finish. So in the end I pulled myself together, brought it along for a board game day with some friends and finally started working on  it. I assume it was my innocently, ladylike stitching that made no one even considered the possibility that I was a cylon. Need I say I killed those humans and totally won the game?
Anyway: What I did was hand stitch a sort of collar, attaching a closing-thingy and hemming the entire thing. Phew! So glad it is finally done! (and I shall get better pictures of this too eventually. I promise. My camera sucks...)

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Qudditch- Beater
Project Name: Wood for the woods
Brief Description:  I wanted my elf to be a weaver, so thus I want to bring along a weave, but not have to have it attached to myself as I usually do (putting it up between my foot and waists, forcing me to remain still). So I built this really simple sort of portable loom to bring with me. Most of the time was spend on cleaning the wood up, clearing it from twigs and the likes, and sharpening the pieces that goes in to the ground.

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Charms
Project Name: Worth the blisters
Brief Description: When working on my loom I realised that the random fallen branches I had picked up at the forest outside our house was a gorgeous piece of wood that simply begged to be used for something. So I made my very first attempt ever at wood carving. As you can see the result is crude to say the least, and very unpretty but considering I wasn't allowed to use my wand I am immensely proud that the end result is actually something usable at all! These knifes are for butter and honey.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013 08:11:34 PM by pinkleo - Reason: trying to keep it PG since we have young students » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The key to happiness is not getting what you want- it's wanting what you get"
pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #922 on: August 13, 2013 02:20:10 PM »

Challenge: Craftster 10th Anniversary Challenge
SPEW: to be donated to Bundles of Joy
Gryffie Challenge: Neville's Birthday...for pulling Godric's sword out of Sir Hat
House: Gryffindor
Project Name & ENTRY Link: Team Spirit Hats
Brief Description:

What does Craftster mean to me? Inspiration

Every day I'm on Craftster, I am inspired by the projects and community.  I tried to think how I could encompass all the things that inspire me into a project, and I came up with Quidditch Team Spirit Baby Hats.  I thought these hats captured many of my Craftster inspirations.  They are:

1. Team Spirit to represent the fantastic community here on Craftster.  I find this most of all in the Craftster Craftalongs, in particular the Harry Potter Craftalong and Summer Nerd Games.  I love how everyone gets together and shares their nerdy loves and crafty awesomeness.  I don't think I would craft nearly as much as I do without these craftalongs and all the wonderful participants who make them great.  Kiss Thank you to all my craftalong peeps! You inspire me everyday!

2. Quidditch as a special shout out to all the Harry Potter Crafters on Craftster.  From HP projects to HP swaps, I am inspired to embrace my love of HP and crafting and get out there and have fun!

3. Baby Hats to represent how Craftster inspires me to craft for good.  Craftster connects me with so many opportunities and people that inspire me to keep up my charity crafting throughout the year.  ((HUGS)) for all those who donate their art to charity; you guys are awesome!

4. And lastly, you will notice my hats are crochet.  I think that sometimes crocheters don't think they rock as much as they do, or maybe that's just me.  But I will tell you that the Craftster Crocheters and their projects inspire me to be a proud hooker, and they make me want to grab my hook and crochet all the things!  Craftster Crocheters, You ROCK! Cool

Alrighty, now time for pics...here they are, my Quidditch Team Spirit Baby Hats

And for all those who are curious, a pic & list of teams and their colors

---Appleby Arrows: robes of pale blue with a silver arrow
---Ballycastle Bats: robes were black with scarlet bat logos
---Caerphilly Catapults: robes of alternating light green and scarlet vertical stripes
---Chudley Cannons: bright orange robes with 2 black Cs and a speeding cannonball
---Falmouth Falcons: robes of dark grey and white with a falcon emblem
---Holyhead Harpies: robes are dark green with a gold talon
---Kenmare Kestrels: robes are emerald-green with two yellow ‘K’s
---Montrose Magpies: robes are black and white with one magpie
---Moutohora Macaws: red, yellow and blue robes
---Pride of Portree: robes are purple with a gold star
---Puddlemere United: robes are navy-blue robes with two crossed golden bulrushes
---Quiberon Quafflepunchers: shocking pink robes
---Tutshill Tornados: robes are sky blue with a dark blue Double-T
---Wigtown Wanderers: robes are blood red with a silver meat cleaver
---Wimbourne Wasps: robes are horizontal yellow and black stripes with a wasp on the chest
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013 03:07:21 PM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftyLadyMJ

A crafting I'll go...

View Profile
« Reply #923 on: August 13, 2013 06:33:03 PM »

Pinkleo: Wow, so many colorful squares, they are going to make a lovely blanket for someone. Glad you are feeling better.

Pottermouth: So cute, did you guys give him/her a name?

Jennieingram: I love your charms on the bracelet; I wish I could find charms like that or make them.

Lelyonna: Very nice stitching on the underskirt and your wood carving is very nice.

Here a quick update on my owl, I know I haven't posted much on it, but it is coming along nicely.

Class/Challenge/House Pride: ---Care of Magical Creatures
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name:  The Jobberknoll Purse
Project Page Link:
Brief Description: This little crocheted blue purse shares the color of the lovely little silent, listening Jobberknoll. It is a reminder to watch what you say in front of this feathery magical creature because one day everything he/she heard will be repeated out loud. The purse has two pockets and a bow button closure and a belt strap.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Summer HPC 2013
No more cellphone headaches!
noodle-bug

equal parts love and evil laughter

« Reply #924 on: August 14, 2013 01:57:42 AM »

lots of love to erin & technicoour

soooo many great projects guys Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
jenleahlynn
« Reply #925 on: August 14, 2013 07:30:21 AM »

class-transfiguration
house-gryffendor
project-dragon scale cuff

i found these beautiful teardrop shaped scales mixed in with the beads at a muggle craft store. the light blue color identifies them as scales from a young swedish short-snout.

i loved how they looked lined up in rows, so after some experimenting, i strung them on 2 wires, connected by spacers. i wanted them to blend in so i strung small glass beads onto thin wire and coiled the ends.

challenge-quidditch-Quaffle-pocking
house-gryffendor
project-coptic stitch journal

i entered this in the anniversary challenge under paper crafts. to me craftster is sharing...ideas..swaps...and encouragement. i love to draw and sketch. when i was doing the one small harry potter swap, i was trying to think of how to make a drawing into something more. i came across had stitched books that people had made, and bookpage art, and it came together into something i was really proud of. i sent it off, and decided to make another one for myself.

this one is a bit thicker as i am planning to use it as a sketch book. the covers are cardboard covered in wallpaper, and scrapbooking paper. the interior pages are cream colored card stock. some i left blank, others i covered in text from harry potter, a french dictionary, and a childrens biology book.

the spine is hand stitched with embroidery floss, this allows it to be closed, lay open completely flat, or to be fanned out for display in a star shape.

« Last Edit: August 14, 2013 07:51:58 AM by jenleahlynn » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jenleahlynn
-i love to try new crafts, and learn new techniques. my strength is color pencils, but i also scrapbook, stitch, crochet, bead, any excuse to head to the craft store!

harry potter craft along
teesha moore patch swap
breaking dawn swap
ongoing atc swap
BadWolf314

Team Textbook Captain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #926 on: August 14, 2013 08:07:35 AM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: House Unity
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Pokeballs
Project Page Link: http://catslikeyarn.tumblr.com/post/53799092638/pokeball-crochet-pattern
Brief Description: Since I had the right colors of yarn, I whipped up these pokeballs in the Hogwarts house colors.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Quidditch Cup: Blagging
Project Name: Charmander Mini
Brief Description: The fire starters have always been my favorite and I just cant resist Charmander and his cute flaming tail.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: August Detention
Project Name: Shawn the Shamu
Project Link: http://ea1701.wordpress.com/2012/09/15/sharkie-free-pattern/
Brief Description: I grew up near a SeaWorld and we got to visit it a lot. My favorite show was always the Orcas but for the longest time I thought they were called Shamus.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Bean: Chili Powder
Project Name: Charmander Hot Chocolate Sleeve
Brief Description: I made this cute Charmander sleeve to keep my hands cool with enjoy a hot cup of chocolate or cider this winter.
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Theres no point in being grown up if you cant act a little childish sometimes.
Summer HPC
Summer Nerd Battles!
midkiffsjoy
« Reply #927 on: August 14, 2013 08:51:12 PM »

Moonflame- lol. Smiley  I typically get my flannel at resale shops as receiving blankets.  They're almost new and typically cost about a quarter.  I LOVE your huffle helpers!!!  That's so helpful!!!  No more getting pointed while rummaging through the knitting bag! Cheesy  You are an airplane mechanic??!!!???  *bows down to the TOTAL AWESOMENESS that is Moonflame*  O.M.G. Your bento set is ADORABLE!!!!!  O.O  *mouth drop*  I LOVE it!!!!  Cheesy  O.M.G. Your spellbook is O.O O.O O.O  SO AMAZING!!!!  Cheesy  GREAT JOB!!!  Cheesy  I love your Rambling Reticule!!!  That's cool!  Smiley 

netchez- That dragon hat is just so awesome.  Smiley  I just love all the crocheting you've been doing.  Smiley  It inspires me.  And your pointy necklace is just O.O  Cheesy  I love your SHSU hat!!! Smiley  I love how you put the letters on it!!!  Smiley  Omg Mom.  I LOVE your pillows!!!!  Smiley  I'm gonna have to make some now!!! Smiley  That jewel tone hat is just SO much more adorable than the picture shows!!! Smiley 

Abbeeroad- That is a cute stamp!!!  I may have to try stamp making after seeing everyone's lovely stamps.  Smiley  Your quilt is just so awesome. Cheesy  CONGRADULATIONS on getting it done!!! Cheesy  I'd be pulling my hair out trying to quilt by machine.  Lol 

jennieingram- Oh that's AWESOME!!!  Thank you!! Cheesy  (gonna go have to iron my Witch of the Week badge on a shirt so I can go forth in the mundane world wearing it proudly. : )  That is a NICE apron!  I love how all your canning is coming along!!!  And your labels are AWESOME!!!  Smiley  You have motivated me to make pretty labels for our canning.  For years we've just wrote what it is and the date it was canning on a piece of masking tape and stuck it on the glass.  Smiley  You made MUSTARD???  Did you can it???  Can I beg you for your recipe??!!!???!!! Cheesy   Caramelized Red Onion Relish Huh  *mouth drop* *drool*  I bet that tastes aweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesome!!!  *more drool*  (Im Hungarian.  We eat onions with almost every meal. Lol )   OMG YOU USED IT ON PIZZA!!!  I HAVE to try this now!!!!  Cheesy Your Craftster bracelet is wonderful. Smiley 

lelyonna- I have always been in awe of anyone who could card weave!!!  It's so hard on my hands.  But you EXCEL at it!! Cheesy  I  LOVE your trim!!!  Your dress is coming along BEAUTIFULLY!!!  It'd make wonderful court wear. Cheesy  Awwwww yes.... brass hats and oop police.  Just gotta love em.  Smh.   PICKLES!!!!!!!!!! Refrigerator pickles are cool!!! Smiley  Your garden veggies and smoothie look positively delish!!!  Your booties always look so soft and comfy for tiny feet.  Smiley  O M G THAT SHIRT IS A W E S O M E!!!!!  We could totally use some of that green drink today.  Our throats are all sore from the weather.  Can't wait for it to cool down and get some rain to sooth this dry heat.  I really love your bunnies.  I want a bunny like those.  Smiley  I'm gonna have to go sew a bunny now.  Smiley  I adore the waves you stitched on your underdress!!!  It's gonna all be so awesome when you're done.  Smiley  I once had to hand sew the outter edges of a cloak in the car on the way to faire.  O.O  So I feel your pain.  The loom you made is awesome.  It's very cool that you got to carve for the first time!!! Cheesy

travelgirl- I swear I can taste your cookies from reading your description.  Drool  Your cross stitches look BEAUTIFUL!!!  I LOVE YOUR PUFF QUILT!!!  I had no idea that was how they were made!!!  I've always wondered!!!  Cheesy  Your blackberry icecream looks so very creamy!! Smiley  I bet it tasted incredible!!!  Smiley  Your ornaments turned out very well.  They are adorable.  Smiley  I love your friendship bracelet.  Smiley  Netchez made me one a gazillion years ago.  Smiley  I miss those.  Smiley 

Molly Merula- I really like your snooty bullfinch.  Smiley  giggle

pinkleo- I hope you enjoyed movie night!!!  Smiley  I really like your starfish washcloths!!!  The pink is my favorite. Smiley  Your Owl is awesome!!!  I know they'll go to good use.  Smiley  Your hats are very cool.  Smiley 

Audania1- It's awesome that you have someone to help.  Smiley  It's nice to have people you can rely on.  Smiley  Spinning is a LOT of fun!!  Every pregnancy made me WANT a spinning wheel but they are so expensive.  Then while I was pregnant with AnnoyingBabySister, Netchez bought me PART of a used spinning wheel and I stripped, and restained it and built all the missing parts (It came with no flyer at all).  I love it.  And it was so easy to do that I'm building spinning wheels for AnnoyingBigSister and AnnoyingLittleSister.  Smiley  (I'm not a genius though.  My mother's family is.  I'm *just* a geek : )  Oh NO!!!  O.O  I hope your back is doing better!!!! Sad  (But Im glad to hear your doll is coming along. : )  Your cowl and scarf are cute and I LOVE your lady bug hat!!!! Cheesy  It's SO ADORABLE!!!! Cheesy  I love your necklace and everything it stands for. Smiley  (Plus I've tried making shell buttons before so I appreciate the difficulty of drilling them. : )  It actually WAS 107 yesterday.  September can't come soon enough!!! 

pottermouth- Your shrimp looks delicious.  Omg Im SO hungry now.  Smiley    I love your elf's travels. Smiley  Our elf's name is Harold.  So many ideas running through my head now.... Smiley  Good Luck to the college kids!!!  Smiley 

ALB- I love that you've found a craft that you enjoy. Smiley

ABS- I SWEAR I really DID think they were *real* watermelon seeds!!!   I'm SERIOUS when I asked if you would make me a watermelon seed charm bracelet!!! Smiley  I LOVE your Glaceon earrings!!  I REALLY love that you are making your own Halloween costume!!! Smiley  It amazes me to watch you take a lump of clay, look at a picture, and whatever it is your making just materilizes in your hands.  There's magic there, I think. Smiley

Veg Jess-  That sleep mask looks SO comfortable!!!  Smiley  Your embroidery is very shiny. Smiley  Love that it's Jane Austen.  Smiley 

ntrebleagain- I like your paracord survival bracelet.  Smiley  Maybe you can use it to make a trap for the zombies?  Smiley  I really like your neckties!  Those are pretty awesome!!!  Your honey bee necklace is very pretty.  Smiley 

BadWolf314- Love your pokemon necklace, and your Star Trek magnets!!!!  Yes.  Red shirts = bad. Smiley  Your travel towel toothbrush holder is an awesome idea!  Smiley  I LIKE it!  Your fandom bookshelf is TWO THUMBS UP!!!!  (I KNEW I should have bought that little book shelf at the resale yesterday!!!) Oh MAN!!!  Your pokeballs and pokemon are so COOL!!!  Cheesy  Love the headband, nook cover, and puppy scarf!!!  Great Job!!! 

noodle-bug- OMG!!!  Those are BANNERS??!!!???!!!  THAT'S SO AWESOME!!!!! That's like OWL or NEWT awesome!!!!  O.O  *mind blown*  OMGOMGOMG I WANT THOSE BOOTS!!!!  (course if I make some, ABS will only borrow them from me and I'll never get to wear them.  Lol )  Your voodoo doll is awesome!!!  Very folksy/creepy/awesome!!!  Smiley  Those cupcakes are so cool.  GREAT JOB on being 2nd from the top!!!! Cheesy 

AntBee- O.O O M G YOUR SQUARES ARE AWESOME!!!!!  Cheesy  Just O.O  O.O  soooooooooooo much incredibly awesomeness!!!!!!  O.O  (The fruity oaty bar was the last straw.  I'm squing like a fangirl.  Yes the song is totally playing in my head now : ) 
Naantje- Great job on your camera cover!  Smiley  You did awesome for your first time using double sided needles!!! Cheesy 

patty_o_furniture- I've never even HEARD of Khao Niaow Ma Muang.  Makes me want to try it now.  We can't get sticky rice here though.  Awwwwwwww the rings and little person are so adorable!!!  Smiley  They're so awesome!!!! Cheesy  And so SWEET!!!  Smiley  Oh WoW!!!  Those freeze dried meals are wonderful!!!  Smiley  Such a GREAT idea!!!!  I need to make some of those!!!  Your Quidditch box is SO COOL!!!!!  Cheesy I love your Apple box oven.  That's really great!!!  Your Hunger Games doodle is awesome, and your bake sale goods make my mouth water!!!!  Smiley 

tcmatteson- Great job on your apple butter!!! Smiley  Welcome to Canning!!!  (Oh and the HP Craftalong. : ) 

TechnicolorAquahearts & ErinAquaheart - Sad  My dad (netchez's husband) died of colon cancer (in her arms).  I wouldn't wish that on anyone.  I am so very very VERY sorry it has been visited on you. Sad *HUGS*HUGS*HUGS*HUGS*HUGS*HUGS* 

ErinAquaheart- I LOVE your jello and juice paintings!!!  I love how you took what was available and made art with it.  Smiley  Your charmed cup is WONDERFUL!!!  Smiley  I love it!!!  I'm so glad the charm worked!!!!  *HUGS*

sakuracat23- OH HOW COOL!!!  Love your doll bean bag!!!  Gonna have to check out those links!!! Smiley

tiamatfire-  I LOVE THE KNITTED HOODIE!!!!  Cheesy  That's just so much awesome.  I want one!!!  Smiley  I like your playdoh, and sidewalk chaulk.  They are pretty cool! Smiley  Your stitch markers are really pretty. Smiley  Your ladybug door hanger is wonderful!!  Your cherry preserves are great! Smiley 

AugustBell- I love your Still Married hoop.  It made me giggle and Smiley  Your newlywed tree carving is wonderful too.  Smiley  I love what you do with a plain running stitch.  Smiley  You do wonderful things with it!!!  Smiley 

CraftyLadyMJ-  I love all your wands!!!  They look like you had a lot of fun making them!!! Smiley  Your jewelry is very pretty.  Your crocheting all looks very snuggily. Smiley  Your knitting needle protectors are just AWESOME!!!! Smiley  GREAT JOB doing a cable stitch!!!! Cheesy  (I have never done that)  Your craftster 10th anniversary cake is great!!!  I love your retro kitty fridge magnet!!! Smiley  Good job on your owl!  It's coming along.  Smiley That's a cute little crocheted purse. Smiley 

jenleahlynn- Your bracelet is BEAUTIFUL!!!  What luck finding dragon scales in a muggle bead shop!!!  Those muggles didn't know what they had!!!  Your handstitched book is really amazing!!!  Smiley  I LOVE hand stitched books.  And your right.  The sharing of ideas is wonderful!!!  I remember handstitching a book back in college and there was NOTHING out there.  (I took a html class back when you had to have a internet phone book because browsers didn't exist. ) 

Class/Challenge/House Pride: *S.P.E.W.* Craftster's 10th Anniversary Challenge *S.P.E.W.*
House: Huffelpuff
Project Name: *S.P.E.W.* Birthday hat *S.P.E.W.*
Project Page Link (if available): http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=426600.msg5080565#msg5080565
Brief Description: I got this posted just in time last night but just didn't have the energy to post it here until today.

What Craftster means to me......

To me Craftster means finding the motivation and the courage to try something I haven't successfully done before.  During the Harry Potter Challenge I learned to crochet stars (something that looks scary to begin with), sew with yarn (something I haven't done in decades), and make BIG pompoms (something I've been trying to learn for over 20 years).  Smiley  I learn new things all the time thanks to Craftster.  Things I wouldn't have had the courage to try otherwise.  Cheesy  Thank you Craftster.  Cheesy

I crocheted this hat using the Micah Make's ear flap hat pattern....

http://www.micahmakes.com/blog/free-pattern-versatile-earflap-hat-pattern

And I used this star pattern ...

http://bitowhimsyblog.blogspot.com/2011/01/twinkle-star-crochet-pattern.html

And here is my hat.  Smiley  It is crocheted with CONFETTI yarn (for a birthday party) with TEN stars for ten years!!! Smiley

Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster.  Justifying my need for a craft room. Cheesy

Cheesy !!!!Let's go Hufflepuff Let's go!!!! Cheesy
patty_o_furniture

May the force be ever in your favor, Mr. Potter.

« Reply #928 on: August 14, 2013 09:08:21 PM »

*stumbles in with her massive pile of homework, still smiling from midkiffsjoy's post* 
you craftsters that take your time to write to everyone are incredible.  Thank you.

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Quidditch -- Beater
Project Name: Halloween Pegs
Project Page Link (if available): http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=426484.msg5078960#msg5078960
Brief Description:  Cute little wooden pegs of our magical friends.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Quidditch -- Broomstick
Project Name: Hunger Games Shoes
Project Page Link (if available): http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=426484.msg5078960#msg5078960
Brief Description:  Hand painted mode of transportation.  I'm not entirely thrilled with them, but they're fun.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Quidditch Penalty -- Blurting
Project Name: Twilight Book Purse
Project Page Link (if available): http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=426505.msg5079241#msg5079241
Brief Description:  Book purse made out of a Breaking Dawn book.  Lovely Handmade handles as well
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Quidditch Penalty -- Cobbing
Project Name: Rainbow Cupcakes
Project Page Link (if available): http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=426506.msg5079247#msg5079247
Brief Description:  Rainbow cupcakes with a pointy poof of white cloud frosting.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Tenth Anniversary + SPEW
Project Name: Ollivander's Wands
Project Page Link (if available): http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=426485.msg5078961#msg5078961
Brief Description:  Made 20 wands for a cancer fundraiser, and put them up in the toys challenge. 
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: SPEW
Project Name: Magic wand suckers
Project Page Link (if available):
Brief Description: Magically delicious suckers for the sale, hopefully great enough to make Honeydukes proud.  I made grape and strawberry, and put them in a recycled container with a cute label.
Project Picture

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Charms
Project Name: Phoenix Stamp
Project Page Link (if available): http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=426591.msg5080526#msg5080526
Brief Description:  Hand carved stamp of a phoenix rising in flames.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: August Detention
Project Name: Found item wind chimes
Project Page Link (if available): http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=426593.msg5080543#msg5080543
Brief Description:  Wind chime/art piece with lots of found objects around my craftroom including shells.  Got to hurry and put together decorations for the cottage.  Just use what you can find!
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Quidditch Penalty -- Stooging
Project Name: Nail Stamp Tutorial
Project Page Link (if available): http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=426599.msg5080562#msg5080562
Brief Description:  Tutorial of how to use nail stamps.  This time zebra print on pink!  I love stamping, so easy but looks so time consuming and neat.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Flying
Project Name: Monster book of monsters needlebook
Project Page Link (if available): http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=426592.msg5080534#msg5080534
Brief Description:  Cute little monster, look at all that fringe-y hair though.  He needs clippers for a hair cut.
Project Picture:

phew!  That's it for now.  Thanks for hanging with me!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ant Bee

Expecto Procrastinatum!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #929 on: August 14, 2013 09:10:25 PM »

::A flutter of wings, a soft thump of something landing on your bed- a moment passes then something is nudging your face and making a low throaty sound. You cautiously open one eye and see a large yellow one looking back. A shriek (from you) and the grabbing of a wand (also you) followed by (again, you) yelling "LUMOS!" reveals the arrival of a large barn owl and your latest edition of The S.P.E.W. Review. You put your coins in the pouch and the owl is on her way. As your heart settles into a more reasonable rhythm you ease onto the bed and read...::

~SPECIAL EDITION~
The S.P.E.W. Review

Greetings and salutations, Loyal Readers!

Don't adjust your bifocal optimators- this is a Special Wednesday Edition of the weekly S.P.E.W. reports you've come to know and love, isn't that just the bee's knees?!

In this edition we will be reviewing the projects by house (posted between August 5-August 14), and announcing a new S.P.E.W. only challenge! That's right! A brand NEW challenge with only 2 weeks left in the session- can you believe it? I sure can't!

But first, we here at the Review would like to remind you, the public, that S.P.E.W. President is not a life-long appointment and anyone, regardless of blood status, wealth and physical locale can aspire to lead the Wizarding World in the mission to Craft for Good. In that spirit we encourage anyone who would like to try their wand at encouraging the masses for the Fall semester to send an owl as soon as possible to Pinkleo, JennieIngram and Ant Bee for consideration. But don't worry, if no one is ready to leap into the role Ant Bee is happy to continue on as needed (no position hogs here, thank you very much. What kind of S.P.E.W. member would I be if I couldn't share the role? A greedy one, that's what.)

And now to review the projects...

Previously on The S.P.E.W. Review:
Slytherin and Huffepuff were seen in the Astronomy Tower boasting of 150 points each while-
Ravenclaw was waving a proud 110 points on a mighty banner of blue and
Gryffindor was flexing and showing 130 points to anyone who would look.

And now...

Three Hufflepuff all-stars highlighted different crafty skill sets when Midskiffsjoy sewed up more moonpads, Paty-O baked her heart into fundraiser cake, cupcakes and pie (proving to be better than this reporter who might have been tempted to "mess up" the recipe and be "forced to" eat them all herself!) and CraftyLadyMJ magicked up some yarny goodness into a hat for the Dream Center.  30 points to Hufflepuff!

Gryffindor's very own Pinkleo must have found a Time Turner that survived the Battle at the Ministry- or the rumors that she met a dashing fellow while placing a collect call in an old blue phone box  are true- as she managed to whip up 15 hats and 80 squares for her pet charities- What, what?? That's a lotta yarnin'! 20 Points to Gryffindor!

Ravenclaw Netchez also chose to yarn up hats- this time one minty fresh and one jewel toned both scheduled for delivery to her local Baby Pantry (which, much to the chagrin of the Slytherins still jealous of MamanTattoo does not, in fact, offer up babies to hopeful entrants- so stop trying to sneak out of the castle, my green lovelies!) 20 Points to the students of Ravenclaw Tower!

And finally, the Slytherin team is represented once again by Lelyonna who appears to have kept the lure of a baby pantry from distracting her from her work as she worked up 3 wee stuffies for the local women and children's center. Well done! 30 points to Slytherin!

And so, now we tally the points! ::Mumbly,mumbles... multiply by 10... carry the one...subtract the chickens...::

Right! Here we are:

Slytherin and Hufflepuff are still mooning over their respective first place tie with 180 points!
Gryffindor is showing off a new firework pattern from Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes screaming a charming 150 points!
Ravenclaw's banner now reads a 130 for a shiny new total!

Well done everyone! And now, as promised: the NEW CHALLENGE ANNOUNCEMENT!

Have you ever thought to yourself, Self, I really want to explore some new crafts and work up some of this glorious stash, but how many lamps can I yarn bomb in my own house?

Or maybe this: Gah! Self, this lavender is beautiful, but there's Just. So. Much! What can one person do with it all! Oh, the herb-manity!*Swoon*

Well, good citizens of Wizarding kind, you've come to the right place.  Welcome to the latest in S.P.E.W. Craft Challenges: Crafting for someone you know!

That's right, Witches and Wizards, a family in our very own circle is ready to help you achieve all your fabulous stash-busting, craft-sending goals in one easy Headmistress approved challenge!

But wait, there's more!

Not only will you be able to spread your love of cozy, handmade, non-animal fiber based socks and Ginger deluminator wielding youngest sons with an appreciative audience, but you can also EARN POINTS FOR YOUR HOUSE!!!

That's right- Wonderously, gloriously, addictively, shiny POINTS which might just win the semester for your house! What's not to love?

So, if you're ready to wow the neighbors and bring a smile to the faces of a few of our own here's what you need to know... (With thanks to JennieIngram for organizing the following info.)

"EXPECTO PATRONUM!"
or:
 Dementor Repellent for the AquaHearts

The Challenge, should you choose to accept it:

This Just In: Dementors have been seen around the Aquahearts home!

Using the information below craft a happy-thought inducing item(s) to send to ErinAquahearts and her family. These crafty shows-of-support and cheering energies will help to reinforce the protective charms around their home as they face this year of surgeries and healing. When the items are ready to be sent along to the Aquahearts household you can PM TechnicolorAquahearts for the best address to use for the muggle post. Once the item has been sent you have two options for collecting your shiny, happy points. 1.) You can keep the items a surprise from the 'Hearts by PMing the assignment post to the Headmistresses and Ant Bee, or 2.) You can share the items on the board for all to see, just like the other challenges and class prompts.**

Are you ready to start planning and plotting your punkish, Hawaiian, super colorful, tea-scented, Ron Weasely-as-the-next-Doctor's-companion riding a big lion while wearing a quirky yet soft and cozy hat and who randomly breaks into Disney songs? Then read on for swap-like specific things about Erin and the Aquahearts! (Also, feel free to practice your cyber-stalking... just like in a real swap!)

Here is some information about Erin and what she likes, as shared by TechnicolorAquahearts:

Style: Punk-ish, kawaii, or retro 80s.

Favorite colors: Bright pinks, blues, yellows, oranges, rainbow. Anything super colorful.

Edible treats: Anything from Europe (esp. kindereggs). She loves trying new things. The only exception is black licorice of any kind. It's really hot here so anything chocolate is probably not a good idea so if someone wanted to send just the toy capsules from kindereggs she would be just as happy. Cookies, and any Asian candy or snack are also big favorites of hers. Oh and everyone in our house absolutely loves tea of all kinds the more variety the better.

Family dynamic: I am her spouse and we live with my mom. We don't have any human babies but we have three cats and two dogs that we consider our children. We both love punk music and our favorite band is AFI. For our honeymoon we studied in the Netherlands for a semester and those are some of our favorite memories so anything from there would be awesome. We collect handmade mugs.

HP Favorites: She loves anything magical creature oriented. If she was a professor at Hogwarts she would be the professor of Care of Magical Creatures. Her favorite characters are Neville, and Tonks. Her guilty pleasure favorite it Bellatrix LeStrange and her favorite of the big three is Ron.

Doctor Who Loves: Her favorite Doctor is the 10th, her favorite companion is either Donna or Rose, and with the monsters she likes all of them with the exception of the weeping angels they creep her out. (Editors note: Smart woman. No posts of the Weeping Angels unless you want to start a mass hysteria, thank you very much. *Shudder*)

Miscellaneous Loves & Info: Erin also really likes super mario bros, Pucca, My Little Ponies, Rainbow Brite, Care Bears, Hello Kitty, Jem and the Holograms. She loves little toys the quirkier the better.  Of course she loves Harry Potter, Dr. Who, anything Disney World oriented. The male lion is her spirit animal and we are using that and the tiger (my spirit animal) as symbols of survival and unity through out this trial. She also really likes dragons, kitties, and koalas. She would appreciate any kind of correspondence like cards letters and ATCs. She loves writing back as well but asks that there be loose expectations of her in that regard because her replies will have to do with how well she is feeling. She is a Pisces.

Shoe/Sock Size: 10/11 in shoes and would love some handmade socks. She has allergies to animals, so no wools/etc.

Bracelet Length: 8 inches

She is currently using a walker due to a complication of her surgery and so walker pouches and the like would be put to good use.

The things she needs most right now are:
~Handmade wash cloths
~Hats (again the quirkier the better)
~Anything aroma therapy oriented scented with lavender, tea tree, mint, ginger, cinnamon, clove, cardamom, lemon, lemongrass, or rose. (Please avoid anything orange scented because that can trigger headaches for her.)
~A portable cushion to put on hard chairs
~A lap-ghan, basically she is cold all the time so anything warm and cuddly

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Well, there you have it, friends, everything you need to know to get started. If you have any questions feel free to reach out. I'd like to add that Slytherin TechnicolorAquahearts is cyber stalk-able as well, so feel free to send happy thoughts her way as part of your projects if the mood strikes.

Happy Happy-Crafting, fellow Hogwartians!

**Subject to change.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013 07:06:55 AM by Ant Bee - Reason: Midnight Oil is a Leading Cause of Typos, film at 11... » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harry witnessed Professor McGonagall walking right past Peeves who was determinedly loosening a crystal chandelier and could have sworn he heard her tell the poltergeist out of the corner of her mouth 'It unscrews the other way.
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 110 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Holiday Potato Yeast Rolls Recipe
Thanksgiving Roast Turkey Recipe
Baked Potato Fans Recipe
Turkey and Dumplings Recipe
Christmas Roast Turkey Breast Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...