A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 300,953
Currently Running With Scissors:
696 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 110
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED-HP Craftalong ~Summer Semester 2013~  (Read 124318 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

VegJess

Pretending to be a functioning adult is exhausting

View Profile
« Reply #910 on: August 10, 2013 04:26:15 PM »

I finished this project last weekend, but I haven't been on much so I didn't post it ( plus I needed NTrebleagain to help me take a picture which captured its shiny-ness. I've gotten pretty behind on commenting, so in the spirit of everyone else, I say that everyone is doing some amazing work! I'm loving it! Smiley

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Quidditch Cup-Keeper
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Neighbour Jane Hoop
Brief Description: My granny recently taught me a few embroidery stitches so I wanted to give it a go. I originally began this project for Seeker because I was working with the gold material... but once I found this quote, I knew it belonged to NTrebleagain's home. ;-)
Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged
CraftyLadyMJ

A crafting I'll go...

View Profile
« Reply #911 on: August 10, 2013 11:41:17 PM »

I'm so sorry about the bad news Erinauqahearts, I send my prayers and hugs  to you and your family.

Just dropping in for a quick sec, because I can't upload right now since my internet is broke on my cpu again. Just fair warning when I post next time it wil be pic heavy an  stories to go along with them. So until next time happy crafting everyone an so many amazing projects. Can't wait to do sharing of my own soon. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Summer HPC 2013
No more cellphone headaches!
AugustBell
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #912 on: August 11, 2013 08:36:20 AM »

Firstly, ErinAquaheart, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. What terrible news. I hope you are healed very quickly.

Ok, so I've caught up on projects and there are so many amazing things!! Love scrolling through and being inspired. I have two projects to share! Rah Rah Ravenclaw!

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Study of Ancient Runes
Project Name: 60th Anniversary "Still Married" Embroidery
Project Page Link (if available): http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=426493.0#axzz2bfp0rtTX
Brief Description: My husband's grandparents celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary this past week and I made them this embroidery to celebrate their big day.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: History of Magic
Project Name: Newlywed Tree Carving Embroidery
Project Page Link (if available): http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=426493.0#axzz2bfp0rtTX
Brief Description: Midsummer's Day celebrates nature and love and this embroidery represents both. The wedding celebration was also similar to a Midsummer's Day celebration, as we partied outside into the night and played music, ate good food, and swam!
Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

TechnicolorAquahearts

Proud Slytherin in the HP Summer Craftalong!

« Reply #913 on: August 11, 2013 01:23:02 PM »

Wow, there are so many great projects that have been turned in since the last time I was really able to look! I wish I could comment on them all but there are so many!

ErinAquaheart and I would like to thank everyone for all the kind words and well wishes. You all have no idea how much they help!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

etsy: www.lynnaquaheart.etsy.com
Like me on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/AquaheartStudios
Follow Me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/LynnAquaheart
I have a blog about all things creative! http://lynnaquaheart.blogspot.com
pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #914 on: August 11, 2013 03:12:45 PM »

First and foremost, I am sending blessings to ErinAquheart and her loved ones.

I think I am almost (fingers crossed) over my stomach virus....though still feeling run down. Tongue

But I did want to stop by and say "HI & I'm alive!" Smiley

And while I'm here, I am going to post my completed Alchemy OWL (managed to go out and take pics today).

OWL Subject & Option: Alchemy, Option 2-The Four Elements of alchemy are Fire, Earth, Air and Water
SPEW: Donating to Afghans for Pine Ridge
House: Gryffindor
Project Name: Elemental Squares
Brief Description: I, pinkleo, am proud to present my Alchemy OWL. l have portrayed the 4 elements in the form of charity squares. I have crocheted 20 squares per element, with a total of 80 squares in all.  These squares are all 6" in size.  Further, I dedicate this OWL to SPEW and will donate all squares to Afghans for Pine Ridge. 
Project Pictures:

group shot

fire

earth

air

(since light colors were not desired, I went with tropical storms, beach winds, and rainstorms)

water

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ant Bee

Expecto Procrastinatum!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #915 on: August 12, 2013 08:42:26 AM »

Greetings loyal readers,

The Publisher's of your weekly S.P.E.W. Review reports are working on a special feature which will be revealed in a Special Wednesday edition this week.  (Which is all very special, don't ya think?)

In the meantime feel free to PM editor Ant Bee with any S.P.E.W. questions and comments.

Thank you for your continued support, you're business is important to us!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harry witnessed Professor McGonagall walking right past Peeves who was determinedly loosening a crystal chandelier and could have sworn he heard her tell the poltergeist out of the corner of her mouth 'It unscrews the other way.
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
CraftyLadyMJ

A crafting I'll go...

View Profile
« Reply #916 on: August 12, 2013 01:26:22 PM »

This is a quidditch unload, warning pic heavy. Shocked

Tale Of Wands
         I seem to have return to Hogwarts a bit unprepared. I have been wandering around the school unarmed and Im running out of excuses as why I dont have a wand in DADA class. The old it fell in the cauldron, or I forgot it in the library again lines are getting old. So on Sunday I stuck out of the castle, it wasnt easy but I managed and took a personal trip to the Ally for a new wand.( I must have been out of my mind seeking out of Hogwarts only armed with a mandrake root in a pot and a pair of earmuffs.)

When I entered the Ollivanders Wand Shop, they were hosting a wand workshop. Everyone was gathered around a table and when Ollivander the shopkeeper looked up he asked me to take a seat. Boy was I in for something tricky. Everyone choose their materials for their wands to be. I picked a dark piece of wood; it had a nice weight and length. Too make a long story short, everyone handed over their almost finished wands to the shopkeeper and he took them to the back of the shop and return to us. He told everyone to take a break and come back in 30mins or so to add the last finishing touches to our wands. I got up, walked outside like a few other people, only I strolled over to Quality Quidditch Supplies and had a peek inside. There was a sell on helmets and since mine was getting pretty beat up I picked up a new helmet. After killing time shopping I returned to the wand shop. I took my seat and waited for the next instructions. Ollivanders passed back our wands and I snapped some pictures of the newly finished wands drying next to mine.

By the way before I left the shop the keeper explain to us the important of wand care and types of wands we created. I was surprised to find out I created a cherry wood wand. Wow, I got a new wand and I finished my Herbology assignment too. Well I gotta go before anyone notices a Hufflepuff missing.

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Herbology
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name:  Tale Of Wands
Project Page Link:
Brief Description: First  Wand Project, Cherry Wood wand is made from dark brown and gold clay.

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Charms
Project Name: 
Project Page Link:
Brief Description: Black Dragon Wand
I used black clay, silver clay trimming, with hand carved scales and a bit of dragon breath escaping from the tip.

Challenge/House Pride: Quidditch-Seeker
Project Name:  Scroll Keeper Wand
Project Page Link:
Brief Description: The scroll keeper wand belongs to book makers, writers, and librarians. It is white, the color of freshly new pages of a newly finished book. Blinded in gold as the thread is blinded in a book holding it together keeping the book secrets tightly concealed until a reader open it.

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Beater
Project Name:  Herbology wand
Project Page Link:
Brief Description:  Herbology wand made from a wooden kabob core, and dark green clay. Light green vines crawling up it with yellow flower blossoming along the wand.

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Quidditch Chaser
Project Name:  Sweet Heart
Project Page Link:
Brief Description:
There may be a quidditch game going on but the end of the semester is nearing and I dont want to be unprepared for the big feast. So I settled down in the Puffs common room and went to work. After all the wrapping, bending, pulling, and tiring a knot I have a Sweet Heart jewelry set to wear to the feast.  A ring with a blue bead a top it, a beaded earring set, and a necklace with a beaded pendent. My color theme was blue, silver, crystal for this project.

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Quidditch --Keeper
Project Name: CPU Cover Up
Project Page Link:
Brief Description: I crocheted a cover up for my little laptop I keep on the craft table to provide some protection from my crafty magical messes. I chose the blues and white yarn for this project.

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Quidditch Broomstick
Project Name:  Traveler Purse
Project Page Link:
Brief Description: When Im traveling around in the world of muggles I have to use their transportation method since brooms are out of the question. So I have adapted to the muggles bus system and they require you to use a card and tap each time you board the bus. To keep the on flow of boarding this crowded thing the muggles seem to love to jam pack themselves inside every morning. I made a purse to attach to my belt to carry my three most important items while traveling here in muggles land, bus pass, ID, and phone.
Its crocheted using medium weight black yarn; it has two pockets inside, belt strap, and a pink button closure.

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Quidditch Cheering/Spirit:
Project Name:  Go Hufflepuffs!
Project Page Link:
Brief Description: Well we all have that one lucky or favorite item when we are playing sports or watching it. Mine is a lucky pair of Hufflepuff themed  quidditch socks. 

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Quidditch Bumphing/Spew
Project Name:  Quidditch Helmet
Project Page Link:
Brief Description:  Quidditch is a rough game, so I picked up a new helmet to keep the old noggin safe. This hat will be going to the Dream Center. I plan on making a few more hats for teens/adults/seniors and then drop them off next month.

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Cobbing
Project Name:  Vinous Purple wand
Project Page Link:
Brief Description: Not sure what the maker did to it while creating it but... you need gloves to handle it at all time since it has toxic spikes. Wander if it could have something to do with the red gem. Hm

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Quidditch Quaffle-pocking:
Project Name:  Scrappy Washcloths & Soap Bag
Project Page Link:
Brief Description: Well they have holes, but I dont know how well they will work as face washcloths yet but the soap bag is doing great. They are made from small scrap balls of yarn that pretty much cant be used for anything bigger than a washcloth or dishcloth. Hm...I think this maybe leading to a new owl idea.

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Quidditch  Snitchnip
Project Name:  Braided headband
Project Page Link:
Brief Description: I combined knitting and braiding to make this cute blue headband, something I havent tried before.

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Quidditch Stooging
Project Name:  You cant stop at one
Project Page Link:
Brief Description: Just like chocolate frog cards, knitting needles point protectors are addicting. You just have to make more and more until they have over taken your whole room! Nah, just kidding about the last part, but no I cant stop myself from making them. They are easy to make and so cute. I have a variety of themes; I made them as I worked on another project that Im finally finished. So here is my little collection I have started and there will be more to come.
Fast Food

Sweets

Retro Kitty and Spaghetti & Meatball TV Dinner

Little Monsters

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Arithmancy
Project Name:  Breaking Down the Cable Curse
Project Page Link:
Brief Description: After a rough quidditch I headed over to the Puffs common room for a break and some knitting practice. I made myself comfortable and started to knit.

I can knit, but I always stayed away from anything that dealt with cables, because Im self taught. I can do the basic knitting stitches but I never tried to do anything other than that since I was only interest in making socks. Creating cables are complicated to me, but for this project even if it seem simple it took nearly a week to complete. I had to keep redoing it because Im so use to crocheting that I would do the wrong thing repeatedly that I realize this is going to drive me crazy. Then I also found out since I dont knit often enough I was doing the purl stitch backwards... another one of the main reasons it took so lone to finish. But once my brain switched from crochet to knit I was soon creating a cable. I blinded it off and created my first cable headband! So excited and now planning my next cable adventure. I also added an island because that is a place where a curse breaker would work.

Class/Challenge/House Pride: House Unity
Project Name:  Ravenclaw Wand
Project Page Link:
Brief Description:  Blue, and my own mix of bronze clay.
I guess I wasnt the only student out for a new wand; look here its a Ravenclaws wand with a sweet little raven on top.

Alrighty, that's it for right now because this is a super long post and I still have more to post. Off  to take a little nap now.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Summer HPC 2013
CraftyLadyMJ

A crafting I'll go...

View Profile
« Reply #917 on: August 13, 2013 01:43:48 AM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride:Qudditich/Blatching / Anniversary Challenge
Project Name:  Happy 10th Anniversary Craftster
ENTRY LINK: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=426582.msg5080469#msg5080469
Project Page Link:
Brief Description: What craftster means to me?

It is my cyber woman cave where I deck out my posts with all my projects and share them with the world.
Friday night dive bar, because I dive right into my craft supplies stash and a root beer soda doesnt hurt either. I enjoy browsing through the boards while Im working on a project, it helps keeps me motivated to finish what I started.
A place where I can completely geek out and let my inner nerd run free without being  told I should act my age. Which Im still confused as exactly what people mean by that...Im a crafter after all. Crafters never really grow up or at least from my point of view anyway. Thanks to craftster I am able to socialize with some awesome crafters and take part in this wonderful creative community that inspires me to craft more and try new things. My favorite thing about craftster so far is the craft-alongs, but that maybe changing soon, since I recently signed up for my first swap Back to Hogwarts 4.

To celebrate Craftsters 10th year Anniversary I made this pink and white crochet cake bead container cover with a crocheted flower in the center and a happy anniversary sign on top. I hand rolled out and shaped each letter for the cake sign out of clay, which gave me some trouble, but it turned out ok in the end. There are more pics of the cake over on the newbie board if anyone want to see more pics.

Happy 10th Anniversary Craftster & thanks for creating an amazing website for crafters like me!

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Quidditch Blagging
Project Name:  Retro Kitty Fridge Magnet
Project Page Link:
Brief Description: I love the retro big eyed cat clock, with the swinging tail. I saw one in a shop window last week when I went to the college to pick up my new ID card. I wish I could have bought the clock, but a cute fridge magnet will do too.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013 02:01:02 AM by CraftyLadyMJ » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Summer HPC 2013
Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

Liberal Tie-Dyed Tree Hugger

« Reply #918 on: August 13, 2013 06:53:53 AM »

Loving all the stitching, VegJess!

Sorry I've been semi-AWOL lately. I just started working in an office again (last week was week 1) after working from home for nearly a year. I'm still adjusting! Hopefully will be back into the swing of things soon! I have some stuff to post, but now need to find some off-work time to do so!

Everyone is rocking, though!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pottermouth

I like Kit-Kat, unless I'm with 4 or more people.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #919 on: August 13, 2013 10:56:43 AM »

Oh deer.

Nothing to share here; we have spent the past week spending time with kid #1 before putting her on a plane to college, getting kid #2 prepped for art school (his first school experience outside the house), organizing homeschool for kids 3 and 4, as well as visiting my grandmother who is raising an orphaned deer. Whew. Kid #1 asked for a Harry care package so I should be posting those projects as I finish them.

Loving everyone's assignments! Hope tummy troubles are over for you, pinkleo!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 110 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Ham and Mushroom Pasta Bake Recipe
Slow-Cooker Pear and Apple Butter Recipe
How to Make Fried Eggs
How to Make Poached Eggs in a Spicy Tomato Sauce
Kd 101: How to Make Homemade Buttermilk Pancakes
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...