A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 302,589
Currently Running With Scissors:
710 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 110
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED-HP Craftalong ~Summer Semester 2013~  (Read 114614 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Ant Bee
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Expecto Procrastinatum!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #900 on: August 09, 2013 04:23:42 PM »

Lots of love to the Aquaheart fam.  Sad

Same from here. Take good care of each other and know that your Hogwarts friends are thinking of you and sending you all strength and healing energies.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harry witnessed Professor McGonagall walking right past Peeves who was determinedly loosening a crystal chandelier and could have sworn he heard her tell the poltergeist out of the corner of her mouth 'It unscrews the other way.
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
sakuracat23

Don't make me get the flying Monkeys!!!

View Profile
« Reply #901 on: August 09, 2013 06:50:49 PM »

Hello all!  everyones projects have been awesome!

Class/Challenge/House Pride:alchemy
House:Roar!!!!
Project Name:doll beanbag chair
Project Page Link (if available):http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uddyWzK5w2k

Brief Description:Iv been trying out my sewing machine and i happened to remember that while noseing around on youtube i found a tute for a doll beanbag chair...an hour later and I have a nice  gift for my best friends lil girl. the channel this tute is on has ridiculously cool doll stuff check it out!
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ErinAquaheart
« Reply #902 on: August 09, 2013 07:50:47 PM »

Cheesy It means so much to me that my HPC family has my back during this hard time.  Thank you so much for the prayers, candles, and healing thoughts. Smiley I will need them all over the course of the next year. Sad

While I was cooped up in the hospital I got a little stir crazy without any crafts to do AND the Quidditch Cup going on without me!!!!! So I took some time doing some arts and crafts with hospital materials (sometimes to the amazement and horror of the St. Mungo's staff.) Some were not worth picturing but a couple I ended up really proud of.

Challenge: Quidditch Penalty--Snitchnip
House: Slytherin!!!!!
Project Name: Jello and Juice Painting with Doodles
Project Description: I HATE jello! Like LOATHE it! So when all they would give me on a clear liquid diet was broth and jello I decided that I should make something useful with all these food items that I refuse to eat. So my grape juice was a great wash that I could apply to my menu paper with my finger, and the cherry and orange jellos of the day were perfect to add some extra color (not to mention shape from the perfect cubes.) After all the layers had dried (and jello dries with no sticky, amazingly) I doodled whatever monsters and critters seemed to be hanging out in the shadows. And bonus...I've never painted with juice and jello before!

and a detail of my favorite monster:

Challenge: Quidditch Penalty--Blurting
House: Slytherin!!!!
Project Name: Erin and The Belly Dragon
Project Description: While I was recovering from my surgery, as a wafted in and out of sleep, my tummy grumbled A LOT! I mean it just would not be quite...normal but irritating when your tummy just won't let you sleep...of course that could have been the pain too. Ouch... Cry Anyway, one night while I couldn't sleep I decided to charm my water mug so that my tummy would get the hints and give me a break. Using my wand and a very shaky hand I etched a sleeping belly dragon onto my cup, complete with teddy bear. The enchantment along the bottom of the mug reads "In the belly, the grumbly belly, the dragon sleeps tonight. It seemed to work. A few sips from my enchanted charmed cup quickly had my tummy quiet. The mug has a handle so it fits this penalty. I am holding the mug by the handle! if I need another picture just let me know and Ill snap a new one right away! [/color]

THIS ROCKS   Logged
tiamatfire
« Reply #903 on: August 09, 2013 08:17:26 PM »

Lots and lots of love and good thoughts to the Aquaheart family.  I hope your journey becomes easier!

Great projects everyone.  I'm sorry I can't comment on them all right now, but my computer's LCD died so I'm using a borrowed comp to post all the projects that have piled up in the last couple weeks or so.

Advanced study Friday: the NEWT hasn't been worked on again, but now I'm done my OWL (see below) I can devote a bit more time to it.

Class: OWL...dang I can't remember the class
House: Gryffindor
Name: Pacific sweater

This sweater (Rogue on Ravelry) is called pacific because that was the colour name of the yarn, but it's a great description.  It reminds me of the water in Hawai'i.  I've made this sweater once before, before I knew anything about yarn weights and trusted the uninformed shop owner that DK = worsted weight.  It ended up very light and drapey, but I wore it until it pilled up and shrank up to no use.  I decided to make it again when I got a great deal on this Cascade 220 on sale.  I lengthened the body by two cable repeats, and the sleeves by a few inches.  I had to rip the top back out a few times because of gauge issues, and the hood a few times due to gauge again.  The first sleeve was ripped FIVE TIMES due to issues with increases, gauge, and other problems.  I also knit them in the round to avoid seaming, and used an attached i-cord hem instead of the sewn hem because I found it too bulky on the sleeves in the first sweater.  I'm letting the body hem roll for now, and may not sew it up as it then somewhat matches the i-cord sleeves and is what I did with the first sweater.

The photos are a bit weird because there's some humidity trapped behind my camera lens, and we were getting glare from the setting sun.  It could use a blocking to settle the shoulder seams and hood grafting but I consider it finished!

On to Quidditch!

Challenge: Seeker
Name: GF Playdough

I can't play with store-bought or regular homemade playdough with my daughter as it contains gluten.  Last weekend I surprised her by cooking up a batch of gluten-free playdough.  It's 2 cups of baking soda, 1 cup of corn starch, 1.5 cups of water, and a packet of orange unsweetened kool-aid for scent and colour all cooked together over medium heat.  I added gold glitter for interest (not realised I could use it as my seeker craft until after!).  It took me a while to get the consistency right, so I spent ages kneading in extra cornstarch as it cooled with a bit of oil.  She thought it was pretty cool, but tried to taste it a few times!  I think she found it pretty gross Wink

Challenge: Beater
Name: Scrabble tile stitch markers

I've always wanted to make scrabble tile stitch markers, and this was a perfect opportunity since I normally don't work with wood.  I chose letters that spelled my daughter's name, then fussy-cut origami paper.  I drilled holes for the eye pins and added a little hematite bead to the top of each.

Challenge: Keeper
Name: Ladybug!

My dragonfly from earlier this summer got incredibly sun faded, so I wanted to replace it.  I found a fabulous wooden lady bug at the dollar store, and painted it up as a late summer door decoration!

Challenge: Broomstick
Name: Sidewalk paint

The same day we played with playdough I also made my daughter some homemade sidewalk paint (just cornstarch and water with a few drops of food colouring).  Again, it took longer than I expected to get a consistency and colour I liked!  Then we sat outside and painted our sidewalks - our favourite method of transportation together is walking.  We live just south of a very large mall, and we walked there several times a week while I was on Maternity Leave (since a lot of it was in the winter).

Challenge: Cheering
Name: Cherry preserve

A few weekends ago I braved the morning sickness and we went to a lady's house to pick her sour cherry tree clean Wink  (Aside: poor Evie found a wasp's nest and got stung twice on the face, so we spent several hours in the ER that day to make sure she didn't react to it.  Never gotten through triage so fast in my life!)

What could POSSIBLY be more cheering than homemade cherry preserve, particularly when it's the perfect bright scarlet colour for Gryffindor?

Surprisingly the thing that took longest was pitting all those damn cherries.  We picked a total of 12 cups, crushed and pitted.

Phew!  That's all that done.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I do love knitting patterns!" - Albus Dumbledore

Harry Potter Craftalong: Spring Semester!
BadWolf314

Team Textbook Captain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #904 on: August 09, 2013 09:50:05 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Quidditch Cup: Snitchnip
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Pokeball
Project Page Link: http://catslikeyarn.tumblr.com/post/53799092638/pokeball-crochet-pattern
Brief Description: My mother tried to teach me to crochet when I was younger... I was never able to pick it up. Recently I decided to give it another go. Crochet is definitely not my normal crafting technique but I think I like it enough to do a few more projects.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Quidditch Cup: Quaffle-pocking
Project Name: Headband
Project Page Link: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/headband-pattern-the-genius-headband
Brief Description: I found this pattern and had to try my skills out. The holes and netting make it stretchy.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Quidditch Cup: Bumphing
Project Name: Nook Case
Brief Description: My nook likes to travel with me but it sometimes gets bumped and bruised in my bag of holding. I finally put together this case to protect it and now I have an extra pocket for all my odds and ends.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Quidditch Cup: Flacking
Project Name: Lego Scarf
Project Page Link: http://m.allfreecrochet.com/Crochet-Afghan-Patterns/Lego-Block
Brief Description: I saw this lego block pattern and I had to try it. I through together this scarf for my stuffed puppy. Luckily stepping on these isnt painful at all.
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Theres no point in being grown up if you cant act a little childish sometimes.
Summer HPC
Summer Nerd Battles!
patty_o_furniture

May the force be ever in your favor, Mr. Potter.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #905 on: August 09, 2013 10:06:10 PM »

Hope you're doing better Erin!  The Jello pic is fun.
And Great job on the OWL Tia!  Beautiful.

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Muggle Studies
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Apple Box Oven
Project Page Link (if available): Tute - http://peaceofpreparedness.com/Resource%20Library/Cookers/Applebox%20Oven%20directions%20and%20instructions%202011.pdf
Brief Description: Here's my apple box oven to cook while camping.  You use charcoal and can cook anything you'd cook right in a home oven --breads, cookies, muffins, whatever.  I've got my rocksalt light inside to show the cool window.  It really keeps the heat in well with just an apple box, aluminum foil, aluminum foil tape, and a turkey oven bag.  Cool!
Project Picture

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Quidditch Penalty - Haversacking
Project Name: Hunger Games Zend Doodle
Project Page Link (if available): http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=426463.msg5078674#msg5078674
Brief Description: Started this on my last newt, but went in the WIP pile.  Was going to be in there a lot longer, but sure, lets finish it up for Quidditch!  Apparently my next doodle is going to be Star Trek.
Project Picture

Class/Challenge/House Pride: SPEW
Project Name: Bake Sale
Project Page Link (if available): --
Brief Description: There was a fundraiser dinner and dessert auction to support the local young adults going back East for a History trip.  They asked for desserts and hope I delivered.  Made chocolate sundae cupcakes, angel food cake, and chocolate swirled cheesecake pie. I was so happy for them, there were over 50 desserts for people to bid on.  My hubs actually got in a bidding war and bought back the angel food cake for us.  Was funny. 
Project Picture

wrapped up and fancy.  Yes.  I'm a dessert show off.  I'll admit it.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

ntrebleagain

I see no good reason to act my age.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #906 on: August 09, 2013 10:37:21 PM »

Love and hugs to the Aquahearts! I adored your jello and juice paintings. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lelyonna
Tutorial Contributor

Regnflickan

View Profile
« Reply #907 on: August 10, 2013 01:26:37 AM »

ErinAquahearts: I am so, so, so sorry for you. My thoughts, my heart and my prayers are with you. Thank goodness you still have the heart to still craft, because such shocking news and being stuck in the hospital can really kill the spirit stone dead. There are no words big enough to fit the situation. All I can say is: that sucks. like, unsiversal-size suck.
Your jello-drawing however really rocks =) And your mug too, but the jello just made me smile ^^
(the red colour is for love and strenght<3)

noodle-bug: those banners are frakking gorgeous! I am in awe of your (and your friend's) skills!

badwolf314: your bookshelf rocks

pottermouth: Alton's tale is just... <3 And as far as my tardis stencil goes I stole the idea from something I saw on the internet, so please do continue the noble line of stealing^^

TooFewShoes: Welcome!

Pinkleo: I was wondering.. can one turn in Spew-items only to get spew credits, without them actually belonging to any certain class/challenge?

tiamatfire: I love your sweater! I wish I had the patience for such works because that one was really beautiful. I love cable knitted stuff!

patty_o_furniture: I love your hunger games doodle! And the chocolate swirl..... merlin'sbeard!I need that one! Now!

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Herbology
S.P.E.W: Women's shelter
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Meet Cherie
Brief Description: we got this old skirt donated to us, and it reminded me  so much of cherry blossom in the colouring and pattern, and we just knew that we needed to make a bunny out of it. So I did. Actually there will be a few bunnies from this skirt, but this is the first one
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Quidditch-Cobbing
Project Name: Sharpen your ears
Brief Description: This little fellow might not have very pointy elbows, but she her ears are lethal. Just look at all the skulls she has tattooed in her ears- one for each teddy she has killed!
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Quidditch-Bumphing
Project Name: Cuddle friend
Brief Description: This on is made out of children's clothes, and will be used to comfort children to. Honestly, is there any better protection in the dark night than someone to hold on to?
Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The key to happiness is not getting what you want- it's wanting what you get"
ntrebleagain

I see no good reason to act my age.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #908 on: August 10, 2013 06:56:06 AM »

Hooray! I saw vegjess last night so now I can post the other two things I made for her bday!  Grin

Class/Challenge/House Pride: House Pride!
House: Slytherin!
Project Name: Slytherin & Ravenclaw House Tie Necklaces
Project Page Link (if available): Tie Necklace Tutorial
Brief Description: I know this fits unity better, but I already turned in for that so  Tongue, lol. I wanted to make the 'Claw one book colors, but getting the entire tie bronze was a pain. I think it looks good this way, too.  Wink
Project Picture:

Class: History of Magic (HoM) - Midsummer
House: Ssssssslytherin
Project Name: Honey Bee Necklace
Project Page Link (if available): Inspiration from her pin on Pinterest. I am not so good with the wire wrapping, but I found these tear drop charms to create a similar look to the necklace she pinned. 
Brief Description: In my own research I found that St. John, who is celebrated during Midsummer, is the patron of beekeepers!
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged
VegJess

Pretending to be a functioning adult is exhausting

View Profile
« Reply #909 on: August 10, 2013 03:53:12 PM »

To the Aquahearts: many blessings and prayers and well wishes! <3
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 110 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Proenza Schouler Creates Easy Tie Dye Scarfs
Pretty Savvy: Vacation Memory Cuff
How to Repurpose Tin Cans
How to Create a Chinese Staircase-Patterned Friendship Bracelet
How to Make a Heart Duct Tape Coin Purse
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...