A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 302,612
Currently Running With Scissors:
750 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 110
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED-HP Craftalong ~Summer Semester 2013~  (Read 114706 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

travelgirl
« Reply #880 on: August 07, 2013 08:58:13 AM »

@midkiffsjoy- Love the pom pom hat, I'm a sucker for hat's with earflaps

@Moonflame- great bento set, and a really nice cover on that journal

@netchez- that baby pinafore is adorable, and I love the 9 3/4 pillow

@ veg-Jess- that's a neat mask and I bet the satin on the inside makes it super soft

@ annoyingbigsister- that's a great dragon! really impressive

@ jennieingram- yum zucchini soup! hopefully I'll have a zucchini overabundance problem before too long if my garden ever gets with the program

@ntrebleagain- I sure paracord could have a million uses in the event of zombies,

@audania1- oh I really like that shell necklace super neat

@ abbeeroad- woo hoo great completed newt! that quilt looks huge

@badwolf314- tee hee I love those star trek magnets

@ lelyonna- oh I love the plate of food from your garden, it's so satisfying to grow your own food isn't it.

@ noodle bug- those boots rock!

@ ant bee- those new squares made me giggle and I'm super excited for you to finish the whole thing!

@ pottermouth- ha ha a peacock run! that sounds right up my alley

@ pinkleo- love the starfish dishcloths

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Whew now that I'm all caught up I have some exciting stuff of my own to post first

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Quidditch penalty- stooging
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Fresh picked blackberry ice cream
Project Page Link (if available): :
Brief Description:  My husband has been bugging me for ice cream so I told him if he provided the flavor I'd make it. Well he found a blackberry bush near our house raided it and demanded ice cream. Ice cream is super easy for me to make I can practically do it in my sleep the hardest part is waiting for it to cool so that I can churn it up.
Project Picture:

~*COMPLETED NEWT HEADER*~
NEWT Subject: SoAR
Project Name: Christmas cross stitch
Project Page Link (if available):
Brief Description: yay I've finally finished the picture it took a while to decipher all the symbols for color and along the way I discovered some of the symbols on the chart didn't match up with the full color picture so that made things interesting trying to figure out what color I should be stitching with.  Now I just need to figure out what it is I'm going to turn this picture into, I've thought about a pillow or a wall hanging but I"m just not sure. Any suggestions?
Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #881 on: August 07, 2013 09:56:05 AM »

@Ant Bee, OMG, I LOVE the Fruity Oaty Bar square!

@pinkleo, You starfish cloths came out so pretty my dear!  I'm glad to have been inspirational.   Kiss

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong - Spring Semester

I will be out of town at a family funeral 7/13-7/16 and may not answer PMs.
Naantje
« Reply #882 on: August 07, 2013 12:12:47 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Quidditch - Cheering
Project Name: Cambridge Cannons Camera Cover - My first DPN workpiece
Project Page Link (if available): http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=426375
Brief Description:
We already had a round of rooting for the cannons, and I'm going to keep on doing that! I made my very first double pointed needle knitted workpiece, a camera cover in the orange hues of the Cambridge Cannons! I also entered this in the anniversary challenge Smiley Don't think I'll win, but participating is more important than winning! All true Cannons fans will be able to tell you that Smiley
Project Picture:

« Last Edit: August 07, 2013 11:53:09 PM by Naantje » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 in '14

Calling all talented witches and wizards to join us in the Winter Semester of the Harry Potter Craftalong.
Audania1
Christmas crafting all year round...

Magic always comes with a price

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #883 on: August 07, 2013 02:51:40 PM »

Midkiffsjoy, those Popsicles look super delicious!! My mom is in Texas also and she was telling me about how crazy hot it is - feels like 109 right now?! Sheesh!! anyway, I'm gonna pass this along to her. Thanks!!

Welcome TooFewShoes!!! Ra Ra Ravenclaw!!!

Travelgirl, I so want your icecream!!! I love making it too, but have never ,add it with blackberries and that just sounds too yummy to pass up. And your cross stitch looks amazing!!!! Depending on the size, it could be a huge stocking lol, or maybe make it a wall scroll?

Naantje, way to go! I'm so proud that you learned how to do that - I'm terrible at it lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

patty_o_furniture

May the force be ever in your favor, Mr. Potter.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #884 on: August 07, 2013 10:19:51 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Quidditch Seeker
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Khao Niaow Ma Muang aka Sticky Rice and Mango
Project Page Link (if available): --
Brief Description: This dessert is worth its weight in gold.  Id probably take it over cookie dough yeah that good.  Its a Thai dish that I had to learn to make myself, and Ive made it a few times now.  No more take out!  I had to actually buy a sticky rice steamer and sticky rice, but yum!  Worth it.  The rice is sweetened with coconut milk and sugar, a golden ripe mango on top, with a thickened coconut milk drizzle, and sesame seeds for garnish.  Even just looking at the picture makes me want to make it again already, lol.
Project Picture

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Quidditch Chaser
Project Name: Miss Him Trio
Project Page Link (if available): --
Brief Description: My sweet niece has just started the two year wait for her sweetheart.  He just went to Oregon and wont be back until then.  Her mom found a silver state heart ring online and asked me to make one.  So heres my take on it.  I think I like the map one better, but she can decide.  I also had some time to kill, so made her a peg doll of him and she can have the other shrinkies that I thought were too big for rings and she can put them in her scrapbook. 
Project Picture

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Quidditch Keeper
Project Name: Freeze Dried Meals
Project Page Link (if available): tute-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSI09Omt9rE
Brief Description: These are so cool.  Complete meals ready to go.  They all have freeze dried foods inside, even meats and cheese, so you dont have to add anything.  Basically a shelf stable Hamburger Helper meal with the Hamburger.  Im planning on having these for our home food storage as well as hand one over to neighbors whenever they might need a quick meal taken.  Ive got Cheesy Broccoli rice casserole, Sausage Ziti, Stroganoff, and Beef Gravy over mashed potatoes.
Project Picture

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Quidditch Penalty Flacking
Project Name: Moving Quidditch Box
Project Page Link (if available): http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=426254.0#axzz2bLqbD1O6
Brief Description: Made this movable Quidditch box out of an altoid tin.  Harry and the snitch are raised on a wire coil in the center, and if you place a magnet at the bottom you can move him around.  Cute!
Project Picture

http://s114.photobucket.com/user/secretsmilesshop/media/IMG_9880_zps8ba62078.mp4.html?sort=3&o=4

THIS ROCKS   Logged

netchez
« Reply #885 on: August 07, 2013 11:18:10 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: *S.P.E.W.* local baby pantry
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Jewel Colors hat
Project Page Link (if available): www.redheart.com pattern preemie hat WR1756
Brief Description: this hat was intended for a baby.  But I used Lion brand bulky yarn, so it made the hat to fit a 3 or 4 year old.  Many times the women who come to the pantry have children a little older and they need to be warm the coming winter also.  Thus this will be for a sibling.

I fell in love with the jewel tone shades of blue fading into purple.  I wish they could have shown up better in the picture.   I have enough left to make another so I may make a hat for myself.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013 06:19:36 AM by netchez » THIS ROCKS   Logged
tcmatteson

Baby it's cold outside...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #886 on: August 08, 2013 10:21:34 AM »

I'm going to be jumping into this semester extremely late... but into school a little early as I'll only be a first year. I've just been admiring everybody's projects that I can't help myself but get excited! The many ways that everyone interprets the prompts is extremely interesting to watch!

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Quiditch Snitchnip (penalty)
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: First Time (ever) Canning!
Brief Description: While I'm not really a stranger in the kitchen, I do tend to stick with the same types of cooking and baking. I've recently become interested in the concept of canning and so I did my first canning experiment! My family loves Apple Butter but really only get it when we visit one of the Amish communities near my in-laws on the East Coast (a bit hard to do now that we live on the West Coast...) so I found a recipe online for crockpot Apple Butter (sugar-free, too!) and here's what happened:

1. Peeled, cored, and diced 10 Fuji apples and set them in the crockpot on low and added a sprinkling of cinnamon, ginger, and cloves (didn't measure the spices, just put in a little at a time until I got the taste I wanted at the end)

2. After about 5 or 6 hours (I wasn't looking at the time) the apples were soft enough to smoosh with a spoon, so I let them cook a little longer, added in more of the spices as it still tasted too much like applesauce. Then placed the contents in my blender and blended it smooth. Then poured it back into the crockpot and left the lid cracked so that the steam could escape and the butter could thicken.

3. Sterilized little 4 oz. jars using a boiling water bath. I slowly increased the temperature on the stove to boiling 'cause I didn't want to deal with broken glass from heating it too quickly...

4. Filled the jars with the finished apple butter, closed the lids and set them back in the boiling water for 10 minutes to seal! Took them out of the boiling water and set to rest. <-- This is where I got frustrated 'cause the seals kept popping in and out as the jars cooled down! I couldn't tell if I had done it properly or not. However, they were all popped in when I checked on them this morning! Success, woot!

5. Found out that 10 apples will make 4- 4 oz jars of delicious apple butter that both my son and next door neighbor approve of! And so of course, the obligatory TOAST test!

So- try new thing = success! I hope to experiment with some pumpkin butter once pumpkins are in season Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafter turned Soaper
Been away from Craftster for far too long Sad I miss this crafty community!
Simple & Clean Soapery on FB
Simple & Clean Soapery on etsy
tcmatteson

Baby it's cold outside...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #887 on: August 08, 2013 11:25:40 AM »

Ok- just went back a couple days and here we go!

@noodle-bug: Those banners are simply amazing! What a great way to welcome people to the festival! Plus, those red boots? Total <3! They're kind of a different take on Dorothy's Ruby Slippers and so much cooler!

@BadWolf314: I must have that bookshelf! It's too awesome not to have ^_^

@ Ant Bee: I admire your... knitti-ness- not a word, but hey! I can't figure out color-changes for the life of me so what you made is awesome! I'm sure the lucky newly weds will love the wonderful crafty geekery Cheesy

@pottermouth: LOL! I love your Alton tales! Especially the pic with Snape telling a whale of of tale! The details you got on Alton's clothing is simply amazing and I can't believe you _didn't_ go cross-eyed making it!

@pinkleo: I love the starfish cloths! The colors you chose are great for a calm summery and beachy feel!

@midkiffsjoy: I will definitely have to try that breakfast popsicle recipe for my son! Looks delicious!

@travelgirl: Blueberry ice cream? Your hubby is one lucky dude because that looks sooooo yummy! And your cross-stitch looks huge! How big is it? It turned out looking awesome!

@naantje: Lovely work for your first time using DPNs! Cheesy

@patty_o_furniture: I love that boyfriend kit you made for your niece. I bet she'll be carrying her mini-man around with her all over the place!

@netchez: Thank you for the hat pattern link. I love the colors that you chose for the hat (jewel-tones are sooo pretty Smiley ). And also, I think it's wonderful that you made something for older children as it seems to me that people tend to skip these age groups in favor of adults and babies... children need to be warm, too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafter turned Soaper
Been away from Craftster for far too long Sad I miss this crafty community!
Simple & Clean Soapery on FB
Simple & Clean Soapery on etsy
TechnicolorAquahearts

Proud Slytherin in the HP Summer Craftalong!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #888 on: August 08, 2013 05:18:47 PM »

An Owl From St. Mungo's

Hello fellow Hogwarts students and staff. As you may have noticed @ErinAquaheart and myself have been missing for many days. @ErinAquaheart went to the emergency room the Monday night before last for abdominal issues and it turned out to be colorectal cancer. As the week wore on she went through so many tests and a huge surgery that removed a large length of her colon and a tumor that was almost a foot long. After all the tests they found out that the cancer had spread to her lymph nodes and that she is in stage three. As you can imagine this was all very shocking and we are still getting used to this new reality.

This craftalong has been some of the most fun we have ever had so Erin and I are going to try our best to stay a part of it. Erin actually made some projects with the materials available to her at the hospital so she will be posting some of those later today. crafting has been one our greatest coping skills and now I am sure we are going to turn to it more than ever to give us enjoyment and stress relief. We are both just so glad that we have a community like this one to share our crafts with.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

etsy: www.lynnaquaheart.e tsy.com
Like me on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/AquaheartStudios
Follow Me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/LynnAquaheart
I have a blog about all things creative! http://lynnaquaheart.blogspot.com
Audania1
Christmas crafting all year round...

Magic always comes with a price

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #889 on: August 08, 2013 07:13:43 PM »

An Owl From St. Mungo's

Hello fellow Hogwarts students and staff. As you may have noticed @ErinAquaheart and myself have been missing for many days. @ErinAquaheart went to the emergency room the Monday night before last for abdominal issues and it turned out to be colorectal cancer. As the week wore on she went through so many tests and a huge surgery that removed a large length of her colon and a tumor that was almost a foot long. After all the tests they found out that the cancer had spread to her lymph nodes and that she is in stage three. As you can imagine this was all very shocking and we are still getting used to this new reality.

This craftalong has been some of the most fun we have ever had so Erin and I are going to try our best to stay a part of it. Erin actually made some projects with the materials available to her at the hospital so she will be posting some of those later today. crafting has been one our greatest coping skills and now I am sure we are going to turn to it more than ever to give us enjoyment and stress relief. We are both just so glad that we have a community like this one to share our crafts with.

Wow. I just.... wow. I am so sorry. I am praying for you both that the doctors would know exactly what to do and that her body will be healed. Keep strong - I know how cancer is draining not only on the one who has it but those closest to them. You are both in my prayers and thoughts.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 110 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Lord Nibbler Futurama
How to Draw Lola
How to Draw Lin Chung
How to Draw Leonardo
How to Draw Leela
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...