A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,087
Currently Running With Scissors:
368 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 110
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED-HP Craftalong ~Summer Semester 2013~  (Read 109681 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #850 on: August 04, 2013 03:56:35 PM »

Ok, off to do a batch of Zucchini Pickles and Bruschetta in a Jar with my friend Amber.  Happy crafting everyone!

Well hours later and my feet are sore, but my kitchen is full!  Amber showed up with a bag of huge zucchini from her garden.  Somehow they got forgotten about, and each one was about 20"-24"  long, and weighed 6-8 lbs.!  They were WAYYYYY too big to make pickles out of so we went in a new direction.  We ended up finding a recipe to make a huge batch of creamy vegan Zucchini Soup, which we did in the crock pot (placed on my living room floor, because the kitchen was soooo full of canning supplies).  Next there was a quick trip to Kroger for normal sized zucchini, which we turned into 8 pints of Zucchini Pickles, flavored with lime, cumin and peppers.  I'm excited about the Mexican inspired flavors, but a little afraid of how hot they'll be when we crack them open! 

After that we did a batch of 8 half-pints of Bruschetta.  There's a bunch of plum tomatoes and garlic left over, so I'm going to do another batch of 8 tomorrow or Tuesday, since both of us have family who will love it as gifts.  After all of that, we still had tons of zucchini left, so we dug through the Ball Complete Book of Home Preserving, and came up with a recipe for Zucchini & Bell Pepper Relish.  Turns out I had just enough onions and bell peppers in my house from this weeks canning adventures, to make a batch of 5 pints of relish!

Oh, here's a pic of *some* of the Zucchini Soup. There was a whole other huge container because we doubled the recipe.  You can find the recipe here:  Vegan Zucchini Soup 

And after all of that, we STILL had tons and tons of those giant zucchini left over.  There weren't many recipes for them, since apparently they get tougher, and slightly more bitter.  But the internet informed us that we could shred it and either make bread with it, or freeze it already shredded to make bread later.  Thanks to my trusty food processor, we managed to grate over 12 cups of it, and poor Amber went home with about 2.5 more of the giant buggers.   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong - Spring Semester

It does not due to dwell on lists and forget to craft.
pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #851 on: August 04, 2013 05:23:02 PM »

YUM!!!!

I now crave Zucchini Bread...mmmmmmm....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ntrebleagain

I see no good reason to act my age.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #852 on: August 04, 2013 05:55:10 PM »

Class: Potions
House: Slytherin!
Project Name: Zombie Paracord Survival Bracelet
Project Page Link: Mated Snake Braid Video Tutorial
Brief Description: The black and green cord's name is Zombie. I'm not sure how you'd use 12ft of paracord to keep you from the undead. Maybe you could tie yourself up in a tree? o.O
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Audania1

Christmas crafting all year round...

Magic always comes with a price

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #853 on: August 04, 2013 07:23:18 PM »

@ jennie:  You could always go the "swim goggles" route with the onions, too lolol! I love all of the canned goods and that soup looks scrumtious!
@ntrebleagan: love the paracord! And I concur with the tying yourself in a tree idea.
@ABS: love the earrings and dragon!
@vegjess: That eye mask is awesome! I keep meaning to make a few but haven't gotten around to it  Undecided

I love all of the craftiness! I'm sorry I didn't post something for everyone  Undecided there are just too many awesome things on here! I do love the pompom hats, but cant remember who crocheted them.

ok, time for a turn in!!

Class: House Unity Ravenclaw CowlS.P.E.W.: local charityTitle: Ruffled Ravenclaw Cowl
House: Ravenclaw
Project Link: none
Description: I am determined to use up all of my scraps of yarn! Thankfully, I have multiple shades of silver, grays, blues and all kinds in my house colors. I made this neck cowl from a pattern I just made up as I went along. I started with chaining 15 and then single crocheting back over the chain. Then I just alternated each row of double crochet and single crochet. When it got to the length I liked, I switched colors on a row of single crochet and went all the way around the outside of the cowl before doing 4 or 5 rows of sc on a short end. Then I did a row of 2sc in each sc. The last row I did was dc, 2dc in each sc before doing one more thing of sc around the outside of the whole thing. I sewed on 2 silver buttons  to finish it off and I love how it looks! Every year starting in October, there is a house behind our street that takes all warm hand crafted (scarves, hats, cowls, gloves, blankets, etc.) and goes around to local homeless shelters and passes them out. Its great for me because my family of 4 has only 1 car and my husband works 60 + hours a week, so getting around can be tough. Since this home is in walking distance, though, I can get my little kids involved by helping me drop them off.

Class/Challenge: Quidditch Seeker
S.P.E.W.: local charityTitle: Golden One Skein Scarf
Project Link: http://www.examiner.com/article/easy-one-skein-scarf-to-crochet
Description:  Like I said, I am trying to use up my yarn stash so I made this golden scarf. Its bright like the sun and it also doubles for the qualification because, if I were cold, I would want someone to make this for me too.

Class/Challenge: Quidditch Penalty Shot, Bumphing
Title: Ladybug Hat
Project Link: http://handsfullofhappiness.blogspot.com/2010/11/silass-snow-day-hat.html
Description: To go with the Hufflepuff Mitts I made for my three year old, I also made her a beanie with ear flaps. Its made to look like a ladybug sitting on a leaf. Now she wont be cold when the weather cools!

Class: August Detention
Title: Shell Necklace
Project Link: none
Description: Ive known my sister in law for about 15 years now (since she was in 4th grade!) and we have gone so many places together. One of our favorite places to go is the beach and Im pretty sure weve visited at least ten different beaches together at least. Being that weve been to so many, we have also collected many shells and I wanted to make her something that reminds her of the fun times weve had. Normally, a project like this should literally only take maybe 10 minutes, but because I tried drilling a hole in several shells to hang (which shattered) and then broke more muscles down their connected spine while tightening the hemp, this particular one took me the upside of 45 minutes. I am so pleased with it though and I really hope she likes it. 

The cord is quite a bit longer, but I held it short in the pic. Didn't think you guys would care for a boob action shot lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pottermouth

I like Kit-Kat, unless I'm with 4 or more people.

« Reply #854 on: August 04, 2013 07:38:27 PM »

Whoa, three pages in a day! Way to crank out the projects gang! I'm headed off to my Ursula Le Guin book but I wanted to pop in and tell Audania her dimples (and baby!) are too cute and ask jennie just exactly how big is your pantry? I know where I'm headed in case of zombie apocalypse... Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Audania1

Christmas crafting all year round...

Magic always comes with a price

« Reply #855 on: August 04, 2013 08:34:53 PM »

Whoa, three pages in a day! Way to crank out the projects gang! I'm headed off to my Ursula Le Guin book but I wanted to pop in and tell Audania her dimples (and baby!) are too cute and ask jennie just exactly how big is your pantry? I know where I'm headed in case of zombie apocalypse... Cheesy

Lol thanks! I got them done about two months ago and its taken my 6 y/o about a month and a half to get used to them lol. Which book of hers are you reading?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SiakelA

Summer is finally here again!

Wit beyond measure...

« Reply #856 on: August 04, 2013 08:47:17 PM »

Oh man, there are 20+ pages since I last checked in. I have been finishing up two swaps, going on vacation, and being generally busy. But I do have projects to post from my travels!

Keep up the awesomeness everyone! I love going through and seeing everything that you all have been working on. It is very inspiring!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

netchez
« Reply #857 on: August 05, 2013 06:16:49 AM »

BINGO!  G - down!

jennieingram - so many canned goods... and they look so pretty! 
ABS - your earrings are beautiful!

Class/Challenge/House Pride: *S.P.E.W.* Quidditch - Spirit  *S.P.E.W.*
SPEW: local baby pantry
Project Name: Sam Houston Spirit hat
Project Page Link (if available):
Brief Description: Our local college, Sah Houston State University, has a Quidditch team which is Division 2 Quidditch World Cup VI Champions.  We take our Quidditch seriously.  So here is a baby cap to support the team!
Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

Liberal Tie-Dyed Tree Hugger

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #858 on: August 05, 2013 07:37:47 AM »

~*COMPLETED NEWT*~

NEWT Subject: Transfiguration
House: Gryffindor!
Project Name: Vanishing T-shirt Quilt proposed on Dec 4, 2012
Project Page Link: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=426250.new#new
Brief Description: I have successfully transfigured my husband's old tie-dye t-shirts into a quilt!! It is sufficiently large to "vanish" into and is quite warm besides!
Project Picture:

I have enough of the small squares left for another quilt....But that's a NEWT for another day.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BadWolf314

Team Textbook Captain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #859 on: August 05, 2013 09:14:44 AM »

Lots of awesome projects!

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Quidditch Cup: Stooging
Project Name: Gotta Catch Em All Necklace
Brief Description: Ive always had a goal to catch em all but Ive never actually done it.. yet. Now while I work on my Pokemon White, I can remember what its really all about.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Quidditch Cup: Seeker
Project Name: Star Trek Magnets
Brief Description: Both my parents are Trekkies and it rubbed off. I made these magnets based of the insignia from the original series. I dont plan on ever wearing this gold with a red shirt.
Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Theres no point in being grown up if you cant act a little childish sometimes.
Spring HPC
Spring Nerd Battles!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 110 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Tips For Straight Hair and Skincare Routines
How To Put On Fake Eyelashes Like A Pro
Bridal Beauty Tips from Bobbi Brown
Your Go-to Skin Care Regimen: A Step-by-Step Guide to Clear Skin
How to Fix a Chipped Pedicure
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...