A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,037
Currently Running With Scissors:
615 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 110
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED-HP Craftalong ~Summer Semester 2013~  (Read 116763 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Moonflame
« Reply #840 on: August 04, 2013 08:01:36 AM »

Moonflame, have all of the other kids in martial arts asked you to make a bento box kit for them too? Repurposing the sweater was a great idea.

LOL!  Yes, there are usually other kids there waiting while their parents do class, too, so I always pack extra. I haven't made anyone a bag or anything yet, but they always get something yummy. ^_^

Challenge: Quidditch - --Snitchnip: Any player other than Seeker touching or catching the Golden Snitch. Craft something that is not your usual craft technique or material.
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Spellbook
Project Description: I used Faux leather to cover a Harry Potter journal.  I've never used faux leather before, but it was pretty easy to work with.  The journal started out kind of boring, but now it looks more like it belongs in a Hogwarts student's bedroom. Smiley  I also used a Tim Holtz bookplate, a charm, and some rhinestones (need to rub off the extra glue now that it's dry!) and I put some fancy endpapers in.
Project Pics:

Here's a shot of one of the endpapers:

Challenge: Quidditch - --Broomstick: For many witches and wizards a broomstick is a preferred method of transportation.  Craft something for your preferred method of transportation.  This could be anything from a steering wheel cover, to decorating your earbuds for a long bus ride, to hand-painted sneakers.
House: Huffledypuffle!
Project Name:  Rambling Reticule
Project Description: I have quite a few bags that I've made over the years, but most of them are pretty big - designed to haul a lot of library books or groceries.  Often, I find that I'd like to have a smaller, more convenient size to hold just a wallet, keys and book or knitting project.  This one is made from yet another dollar store sweater that I felted as much as possible (which was not a lot.)  I simply cut off most of the body, and, where I had cut away from the arms, made boxed corners.  The bottom of the sweater became the top of the bag, which is handy, because the bottom flared out a bit, which means the top opens up to be handily large.  I knitted an I-cord for the drawstring (because that large opening was floppy!), added some clips to the side and made a strap from even MORE pieces of felted Dollar Store sweater (I bagged about 5 at some point and have been doing all kinds of stuff with them, LOL!)  I poked the strap ends through some Steampunky gear/washers that I had and sewed them down, then hooked the gears into the clips.  I LOVE how it turned out.  It's a great size, and due to the stretchiness, is a bit bigger on the inside, much like Hermione's bag. Smiley  
Project pic:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Moonflame
pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #841 on: August 04, 2013 08:29:26 AM »

@midkiffsjoy: I love all your SPEW work!!!!  And your hats are adorable!

@AnnoyingBigSister: the watermelon seed earrings...too cute

@jennie: You are making me hungry!

@Moonflame: You are most definitely a Puff Quiddy MVP!  So many fantastic scores! 

....must rush off and score for Gryffindor to catch up!
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013 08:31:36 AM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

netchez
« Reply #842 on: August 04, 2013 08:50:51 AM »

MidkiffsJoy -- WOW! Those hats are awesome!  And the stars... I am starstruck!

preg_replace('/(.{19})/', '$1 ', 'Annoyinglittlebrother') -- Good job.  Keep on crafting !

AnnoyingBigSis --   Those earrings and necklaces are really beautiful. You are awesome with clay.

Class/Challenge/House Pride: *S.P.E.W.*  July Dungeon * S.P.E.W.*
SPEW:  donate to the local baby pantry
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name:Finally finished baby booties
Project Page Link (if available): na
Brief Description: Several years ago when DD was waiting for BabySis to arrive, I found an old crochet book which my mother used for my clothes (and that tells you how old that makes me!).  I decided to make a pair of booties.  Although I followed the directions and checked my gauge, they turnes out to be too small for the baby (I had finished the first pair of two pair).  So I put this pair away for some...future use... Well here is the future use.  I cannot find the old crochet book.  All I remember is the I crocheted it flat and then sewed the seams up. 

Class/Challenge/House Pride: *S.P.E.W.* August Dungeon *S.P.E.W.*
SPEW:  donate to local baby pantry
Project Name: Shell Angel Pinafore
Project Page Link (if available): preg_replace('/(.{19})/', '$1 ', 'www.bevscountrycottage.com')(angel-wings-pinafore)
Brief Description: Several years ago, while waiting for dgd to be born, I started a pinafore of this type but didn't finish it.  The color was wrong for that beautiful redheaded baby.  You fellow students who have been doing SPEW have inspired me to begin crocheting again. So I found this pattern, inspired by all the shells on the beach by the cottage.  I gathered shells and transformed them into this pinafore. 

YEA!  I'm done with Detention!!!

Class/Challenge/House Pride: *S.P.E.W.* Quidditch -- Flacking *S.P.E.W.*
SPEW: Donate to local baby pantry
Project Name: Flowered Raspberry Hat
Brief Description:  I crocheted a baby hat in raspberry yarn.  I then added a white flower and a raspberry button on top for the center of the flower. I found the pattern in someone's blog, but when I printed it out, it did not print the URL. I'm still looking. 

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Quidditch - Cobbing
Project Name: Melting heart necklace
Brief Description:  I found this pendant while going through my "stash".  I reminds me of a melting heart, elongated and pointing down.  I crafted a kumihimo braid  in black, red and gold to hang it on. The black is for the night sky, the gold for the twinkling stars and the red for a campfire. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

« Reply #843 on: August 04, 2013 10:15:11 AM »

MidkiffsJoy -- WOW! Those hats are awesome!  And the stars... I am starstruck!
love! Grin

And netchez, way to ROCK with so many SPEW projects! Cool
THIS ROCKS   Logged

VegJess

Pretending to be a functioning adult is exhausting

View Profile
« Reply #844 on: August 04, 2013 12:04:58 PM »

Midkiffsjoy: thanks!! The nunchuks were pretty quick and easy. I only wish I had had some bigger double points and the chain would have been quicker. Also, I'm sure peaches would taste great in that recipe! Let me know if you try it :-) your hats are so awesome! :-D

Abbeeroad: thanks! Your stamp is so cool, I know someone who would love one of those! I may have to try it!

Moonflame: thank you! I love your needleholders! And the bento box trio is really neat! I never would have thought of buying cheap sweaters and felting them! Your journal is awesome! I want to make one for myself now!

Jennieingram: I'm in love with your apron! Thinking about your Carmelized onion relish pizza had my mouth watering.

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Potions
Project Name: Sleepy head eye mask
Brief Description: My fianc has been begging me to put my knitting needles to work for him and make him a sleep mask so that he can sleep soundly during the day. I had a little ball of blue yarn left in my stash so I set to work this morning and finally made him one. I sewed some satin from an old pillowcase onto the back to make it a little darker and more comfy.
Pattern Link: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/mens-sleeping-mask (I used size 8 needles because I don't have 6s and my 7s are currently in use..so I went with the medium size (co 10) and it still came out pretty large. I like the size though, it fits pretty comfortably).
Project Picture:
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013 12:21:40 PM by VegJess » THIS ROCKS   Logged
pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

« Reply #845 on: August 04, 2013 12:06:43 PM »

Had to share my discovery of this January 03, 2012 post by PfefferminzteaA Very Potter New Year (vegan) - house-colored spreads and two potions.  Features Whomping Willow Bread, Hogwart House Themed Spreads, Polyjuice Potion, Cockroach Clusters, and Felix Felicis. ENJOY! Cool

Deputy Headmistress jennie's Harry Potter Recipe Collection can be found in the Cooking Category.  Stop by, try a few new treats, and share your magical recipes. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

« Reply #846 on: August 04, 2013 12:11:19 PM »

@VegJess: Fab Mask! And so sweet to make something for your fiance. Grin  (My mask is a savior when I'm suffering from a migraine.)  What pattern did you use?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

VegJess

Pretending to be a functioning adult is exhausting

View Profile
« Reply #847 on: August 04, 2013 12:16:51 PM »

@VegJess: Fab Mask! And so sweet to make something for your fiance. Grin  (My mask is a savior when I'm suffering from a migraine.)  What pattern did you use?

Oops! I got so excited with updating that I forgot to include the pattern :-P. I used this one: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/mens-sleeping-mask 

It has some areas that are left open to interpretation, lol.. But it's easy enough to follow :-) ill update my post to include it.

Sorry to hear that you suffer from migraines :-( Thank goodness for muggle contraptions that at least help a little.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AnnoyingBigSister

EEVEE FOREVER!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #848 on: August 04, 2013 12:32:13 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Bertie Botts Chilli Pepper Bean Challenge
House: Huffelpuff
Project Name:Glaceon Icicle Earrings 
Project Page Link (if available):
Brief Description: I love Glaceon so for my Chilli Pepper Bean Challenge I made these earrings. They are made out of clay and baked.   
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Transfiguration.
House: Huffelpuff
Project Name:Clay Common Welsh Green Dragon     
Project Page Link (if available):
Brief Description: I was walking in the pasture when all of a sudden I heard the biggest commotion. When I got there, I saw that the source of the commotion was a Ukrainian Ironbelly and a Common Welsh Green dragon in the middle of a furious battle!  As I watched, the Ukrainian Ironbelly tore a piece out of the Common Welsh Green's wing and roared in triumph and flew away and the Common Welsh Green got to his feet and looked up into the sky and roared in pain and anger and defeat, and then collapsed . The dragon is made out of clay.     

THIS ROCKS   Logged
pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

« Reply #849 on: August 04, 2013 12:48:42 PM »

Oops! I got so excited with updating that I forgot to include the pattern :-P. I used this one: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/mens-sleeping-mask 

It has some areas that are left open to interpretation, lol.. But it's easy enough to follow :-) ill update my post to include it.

Sorry to hear that you suffer from migraines :-( Thank goodness for muggle contraptions that at least help a little.
Kiss Thank you for the link!  And luckily after going GF, my migraines seem to be fewer. Grin

@AnnoyingBigSister: Love the use of Glaceon for your Chili Bean! Cool  And Fab Draconifors Spellwork. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 110 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Find and Photograph Comet Lulin
DruaShield DSLR Sling bag Backpack - Product Review
How to Make a Camera Monopod Walking Stick
Digital Camera Tips: Stage Lighting Setup
Digital Camera Tips: Lens Cleaning
Latest Blog Articles
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...