A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,553
Currently Running With Scissors:
626 Guests and 33 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 110
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED-HP Craftalong ~Summer Semester 2013~  (Read 118303 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #830 on: August 03, 2013 06:08:26 PM »

Just knocked out a batch of Caramelized Red Onion Relish.  Can't wait to try it on some crusty bread or bratwurst.  Cheesy

P.S.  While I followed my recipe exactly, I ended up with 2.75 pints of the Caramelized Red Onion Relish, instead of the 3 pints I should have.  So I broke open the half jar, and put it on some pizza tonight, in place of traditional sauce.  (And added in some heirloom tomatoes, spinach and yellow bell peppers from today's Farmer's Market!)  It is, by far, my new favorite food.  I want to put it on everything.  I even ate a fork-full right out of the jar.  Despite the fact that my eyes hurt for hours after slicing the onions on my mandolin last night, I'm sure I'll be making this recipe again!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Facebook | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
pottermouth

I like Kit-Kat, unless I'm with 4 or more people.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #831 on: August 03, 2013 06:26:55 PM »

Okay, here goes again. Still on son's laptop and it's so weird. If I lose all my comments again I'm going to flip. I may eat a can of whipped cream in my fury.

teag, the document holder is so cool. Did you post instructions on how you did it?

FiberAlchemist: Gorgeous quilt!!!  Shocked I'm so jealous.

pinkleo, big huge congrats on your Featured Project!! I wants it.

Abbee, YAY on N.E.W.T. completion!!!! Can't wait to see the pics!

netchez, cute, cute dragon hat!

lelyonna, weaving is something can never wrap my head around. I'm totally in awe of your skills and it's going to be beautiful!

jennie, you are kicking your N.E.W.T.s tookus, aren't you? Love the vintage apron.

miskiffsjoy, did I already mention I heart your sewing machine? And woohoo on pom poms- love 'em!!

travelgirl, mmm...swiss meringue buttercream...pretty ingenious to use Jello, too.

Molly Merula, hee, smug bullfinch. Very cute!

Moonflame, have all of the other kids in martial arts asked you to make a bento box kit for them too? Repurposing the sweater was a great idea.

Ant Bee, I feel we may be in the same boat with our Advanced Studies. Hand me an oar. Oh, forget that, throw the oars overboard and hand me a cocktail.  Cheesy

There were so many excellent projects before this...I hate this computer...everyone has been whipping out spectacular work...this computer stinks...way to go everyone!!! Oh, the nunchucks are awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

teag
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #832 on: August 03, 2013 07:07:25 PM »

Wow so many questions about the document holder, not yet pottermouth I am working on a tutorial for it but it is in progress

Moonflame, midkiffsjoy the base is empty paper rolls- when I have the tutorial complete I will post a link for it in here
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Molly Merula
« Reply #833 on: August 03, 2013 08:02:14 PM »

Thanks, Pottermouth! I want to paint him some friends soon - now that I've actually finished something I feel a bit more inspired to make more things! I used an actual fountain pen for the lines, which went surprisingly well and looks (I think) very nice.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #834 on: August 03, 2013 09:24:28 PM »

~*Headmistress Memo*~

~*SPEW ((HUGS))*~
Notice to SPEW Members: I'm going start linking our SPEW accomplishments over in the SPEW Club Headquarters so people can easily see all the difference we make in the world as we use our crafty magic for good. Smiley  Also note that there are C.A.K.E. badges available for the snagging for all SPEW Members.
lelyonna: more cutie booties!  And love your Draconifors spellwork. ((HUGS))
midkiffsjoy: Huzzah for Days for Girls SPEW dedication! And YAY for Nursing Pads! ((HUGS))
netchez: such adorable hats, they will be loved ((HUGS))

~*Advanced Studies*~
Added travelgirl's Arithmancy OWL.
Congratulations jennie on finishing your Transfiguration OWL! (and note I'm loving all the pickle progress)
Added Moonflame's Charms OWL. (yes, you can sit for your OWL & NEWT exams at the same time)
Added FiberAlchemist's Potions OWL & Muggle Studies NEWT

~*BINGO Shouts*~
TechnicolorAquahearts: Fourth row down across
pattyO: G Down
Audania1: G Down

~*Quidditch Update*~
Fantastic scoring so far!!!  I can't wait to see what the rest of the game has in store. Cool

Scores
Gryffindor: 270 pts, 3 players
Hufflepuff: 405 pts, 6 players
Ravenclaw: 660 pts, 10 players
Slytherin: 305 pts, 8 players

~*Notices & Inquiries*~
~*Don't forget to check out Kitchen Elf Audania1 newest recipe: Almanzo’s Favorite Swiss Steak

~*Smiles & Joy*~
I love seeing everyone's project pics!  I'm am woefully behind in comment, but know I love everyone's work...often ooooooing & ahhhhhhing throughout the day, everyday!  I truly should just pretend I'm stopping by Three Broomsticks and comment as I go, which I'm going to try to employ here out.  Note that if I don't comment on your fab crafty magic, it is only because I had a brief fly-by; know that I love all the crafty magic posted here! Kiss Grin
« Last Edit: August 03, 2013 09:25:56 PM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Audania1
Christmas crafting all year round...

Magic always comes with a price

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #835 on: August 03, 2013 11:43:25 PM »

Just knocked out a batch of Caramelized Red Onion Relish.  Can't wait to try it on some crusty bread or bratwurst.  Cheesy

P.S.  While I followed my recipe exactly, I ended up with 2.75 pints of the Caramelized Red Onion Relish, instead of the 3 pints I should have.  So I broke open the half jar, and put it on some pizza tonight, in place of traditional sauce.  (And added in some heirloom tomatoes, spinach and yellow bell peppers from today's Farmer's Market!)  It is, by far, my new favorite food.  I want to put it on everything.  I even ate a fork-full right out of the jar.  Despite the fact that my eyes hurt for hours after slicing the onions on my mandolin last night, I'm sure I'll be making this recipe again!

If you haven't tried, this might help. Whenever I have to chop or slice copious amounts of onions (which is actually frequently b/c we LOVE onions! lol), I burn a tea light candle near my cutting board. It helps "burn out" or diffuse some of the chemical in the air that the onions put out when cut. Good luck and that sounds so DELICIOUS!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

midkiffsjoy
« Reply #836 on: August 03, 2013 11:50:55 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: *S.P.E.W.* Bertie Bott's Watermelon Challenge *S.P.E.W.*
House: Huffelpuff
Project Name: *S.P.E.W.* Watermelon Hat *S.P.E.W.*
Project Page Link (if available):
Brief Description:   I, originally, was working on a quilt square for my Bertie Bott but, alas, I designed a scene a bit more complicated than I should have for my second applique project ever.  When it became apparent I wouldn't finish on time I crocheted this hat.  It took much longer than I expected.  It is a green ear flap hat with a row of white trim and a row of red trim, with 2 red stars and 2 white stars, red and white braided ties, and a red and white pompom.  I just can't stop making pompoms now.  Lol  It fits the requirements because it is made of watermelon colors, red, white, and green.  Smiley  Although when I finished it I realized if I'd crocheted gold trim on the stars it would have been *perfect* for one of the kids to wear to the Hungarian festival.  roflmbo
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: *S.P.E.W.* Flacking Quidditch Penalty *S.P.E.W.*
Project Name: Starry Night Hat
Brief Description:  The requirement of having a raised component is fulfilled by the 6 yellow stars on this crocheted ear flap hat.  They were crocheted separately and sewn on with yarn.  This was the first time I sewed with yarn since I was 8 years old. Smiley  
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: *S.P.E.W.* Nursing Pads *S.P.E.W.*
Project Name: Nursing pads
Brief Description:  I had just enough baby print flannel to sew one set of nursing pads with it on both sides and a set with it on one side and the sheep print on the other side. Smiley  They will go to the Pregnancy Center's Baby Pantry in Huntsville for new mothers.  
Project Picture:
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013 10:32:43 AM by midkiffsjoy » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster.  Justifying my need for a craft room. Cheesy

Cheesy !!!!Let's go Hufflepuff Let's go!!!! Cheesy
AnnoyingLittleBrother
« Reply #837 on: August 04, 2013 12:01:19 AM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride:Bertie Botts watermelon
House:Slytherin
Project Name:Origami apple
Brief Description: It fits the description because it's the colors of a watermelon.
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AnnoyingBigSister

EEVEE FOREVER!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #838 on: August 04, 2013 12:08:28 AM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Bertie Botts Watermelon Bean Challenge
House:Huffelpuff
Project Name: Friendship Watermelon Necklaces and Watermelon Seed Earrings 
Brief Description: (how it fits the requirements, pattern/techniques/recipe used, any fun tips, etc.) I made these earrings because I have all these watermelon seeds. And I have a very good friend of mine who is very important to me. So I made two necklaces, one for her and one for me. Both the earrings, and the necklaces are made out of clay.     
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #839 on: August 04, 2013 07:41:03 AM »

@pottermouth: Thanks luv!  I'm even wearing it right now.  Smiley

@Audania1: Thanks for the tip dear!  I'll absolutely try it next time.  I had also read that slicing the onions while they are cold helps, so I refrigerated them first, and even used a mandolin so that the slicing would be as fast as possible.  It was still really rough though.  Sad  I'm just glad I did it at night, not too long before bed.  My eyes hurt so much I couldn't read before sleeping, so I had to lie down with an audio book instead. Cheesy

Ok, off to do a batch of Zucchini Pickles and Bruschetta in a Jar with my friend Amber.  Happy crafting everyone!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Facebook | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 110 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
An Extended Look at a Great Game: Hockey
Crash And Burn by Artie Lange
Ernest Cline on Giving Away a DeLorean with a Flux Capacitor
Victoria Wilson: What Are You Reading?
Bryce Andrews: What Are You Reading?
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...