A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: Craftster Best of 2014 have been announced!  Check out the winning projects here!
Total Members: 301,078
Currently Running With Scissors:
528 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 110
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED-HP Craftalong ~Summer Semester 2013~  (Read 132574 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

netchez
« Reply #800 on: August 01, 2013 08:09:38 AM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: S.P.E.W.  baby cap S.P.E.W. local baby pantry
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: baby hat
Project Page Link (if available):
Brief Description: (how it fits the requirements, pattern/techniques/recipe used, any fun tips, etc.) This is a simple baby cap in yellow, to be donated to the baby pantry at the local pregnancy center.  I have a pattern I pulled off someone's blog years ago.  Now I can't find the site so I don't have the info to post.  I'm lookiing but if I don't find it, I will post instructions.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BadWolf314

Team Textbook Captain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #801 on: August 01, 2013 08:34:45 AM »

I'll apologize for the long post now, but at least it means I've gotten lots of my craft projects done!

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Quidditch Cup: Chaser
Project Name: Starter Necklaces
Brief Description: What better team of three could you ask for then Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle. I love Pokmon and the 1st generation is what I first started playing so they will always be my favorite team.
Project Picture:
Front:

Back:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Quidditch Cup: Keeper
Project Name: Starter Magnets
Brief Description: I never have enough magnets for my all my hanging needs. So I made these Pokmon magnets with the Gen 1 and Gen 5 starters.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Quidditch Cup: Cheering/Spirit
Project Name: Ravenclaw Socks
Brief Description: What better way to show your team spirit than by wearing your team colors. Now even the littlest one can show their colors!
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Quidditch Cup: Haversacking
Project Name: Doctor Who Minis
Brief Description: Ive made these clay figures a while back and just havent gotten around to painting them. So I finally pulled out the paints and got to it.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Bean: Watermelon
Project Name: Watermelon Hat
Brief Description: I had some fuzzy yarn in white, pink and green and finally had something to do with them.
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Theres no point in being grown up if you cant act a little childish sometimes.
Summer HPC
Summer Nerd Battles!
Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Liberal Tie-Dyed Tree Hugger

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #802 on: August 01, 2013 09:16:26 AM »

August Birthday Challenges have been announced on the Gryffindor Bulletin Board! Happy Crafting!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Audania1
Christmas crafting all year round...

Magic always comes with a price

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #803 on: August 01, 2013 09:39:12 AM »

midkiffsjoy - how did you even think to fix up that treadle machine by yourself? Did you find your directions on the internet or something? I have a 1942 Singer in its own table but it's partly electric. I want to fix it so that I can use it too. It's strange - its not really a treadle, but you do have to continually push a knee leaver to make the needle go up and down. Haha all I will need once I get it working is a ThighMaster and I can work out when I sew lololol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Naantje
« Reply #804 on: August 01, 2013 02:17:36 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Quidditch - Beater
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Knitted coat hanger
Project Page Link (if available): http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=426131
Brief Description:
I made another covered coat hanger, but this time, I knitted instead of using crochet. You can't see the wood anymore, because of the cover, so the rough wood can't damage my clothes.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Quidditch - Chaser
Project Name: Three toy mice
Project Page Link (if available): http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=426133
Brief Description:
We didn'T have quite enough toys for our new kitten, so I really had to mitigate that! With three colors of yarn, a crochet hook and some stuffing, I put together this trio of toy mice, who make a little family. Gray mum, black dad, and a little pink baby, who still needs to get her fur.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Quidditch - Keeper
Project Name: Yarn Basket
Project Page Link (if available): http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=426134
Brief Description:
My house has been a mess lately (well, I did write about our 10-day festival, the two things are likely related) and my crochet projects have definitely been contributing to the mess. Not anymore! I made this crochet basket to hold my working yarns and small active projects. Now let's see if I can keep our little kitten away from it, or I might need to gift this basket to a friend...
Project Picture:
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013 02:18:26 PM by Naantje » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 in '14

Calling all talented witches and wizards to join us in the Winter Semester of the Harry Potter Craftalong.
pottermouth
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I like Kit-Kat, unless I'm with 4 or more people.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #805 on: August 01, 2013 02:24:46 PM »

Challenge: Quidditch/ Cobbing
Project Name: Pointy Kitty
Project Page Link (if available):Wee Wonderfuls pattern here
Brief Description: When I read, "craft something pointy", I ran to my giant binder of sewing patterns to sew Pointy Kitty. That pattern has been on my to-do list forever, and I was happy to finally scratch it off. The fabric came from my vintage stash bin and once belonged to my great grandmother.

Challenge: Quidditch/ Keeper
Project Name: What Time Is It? Hoop
Brief Description: A hoop for my kitchen!

Challenge: Quidditch/Snitchnip
Project Name: Happee Birthdae Harry
Brief Description: While scribbling with the GIANT sidewalk chalk with the kiddos, we thought we'd honour Harry on his special day. The girls thought his nostrils were funny for some reason and quickly "corrected" my mistake. I'm surprised they didn't give him a snout.

And it isn't Friday, but I'll be busy so I'll add my Advanced Studies now. Because I'm a rebel.

It's been so long since I proposed this, I dread looking at the date. Sheesh. Luckily my N.E.W.T. is half way completed, so I guess I've finished an N.E. and have a W.T. to do.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

midkiffsjoy
« Reply #806 on: August 01, 2013 11:24:27 PM »

VegJes-  awwwwwww The bag you knitted is so SWEET!!  (and cute, and soft looking) She is going to LOVE it!!!  Smiley  MIL approval is PRICELESS.  (You have to live with your in laws as much as your spouse.) Your crumbly tart thing looks deLICIous!!!  I'm wondering now how this recipe would be with the peaches I have in the fridge...... ponder..... Smiley

Panda Bear- GREAT JOB!!!! Cheesy  And your adorable puppy seems to love it too!!! Smiley 

Netchez- I'm gonna have to bum the pattern for the scalloped edges on your hat!!!  The scallops are perfect.  Getting perfect scalloped edges HAUNTS me. Smiley

BadWolf314- The minions saw your wonderful pokemon crafts today.  They L.O.V.E. Pokemon.  They want to take my beautifully chaotic steampunk artists farmhouse and turn it into a Pokemon house, and I lay the blame on you. Smiley  And I thank you.  (Not that I'm going to LET them, but it's good that they have a goal.  And they're working together to thwart me and everything!!  Cheesy  giggle) You should see what ABS is doing to her dresser.  Smiley  Your socks are so adorable!!! Cheesy  I LOVE YOUR ADIPOSE!!!!!  *squee*  *doing the geeky dance* Your hat is FUZZY!!!!  I love it!!! Smiley 

Audania1- Nope. Smiley  I slowly opened it, took L O T S of pictures, and used basic reasoning skills.  Dirt and grime will gum up any machine.  Cracked and broken cords have to be replaced.  Gears are supposed to fit together and move.  Rofl.  I did compare the bobbin winder to the bobbin winder on my Elna because it has one that matches.  I KNEW it just wasn't right but being able to compare helped me skip a few steps.  No point in rediscovering the wheel on my own if I'm sitting next to one.  I TOTALLY have SEARCHED for a manual (cause that's usually the first thing I do before tearing something down to rebuild it) but, alas, it's such a rare machine there just doesn't seem to be one available.  (The zigzag length is held in place by a SCREW!!  Really!! O.O)  And I checked out some seriously inclusive resources for one.  O.O  Not really a treadle, my Fiatelli didn't know it was a treadle either.  Any  machine that has an external motor attached to it is a belt driven machine (Lots of vintage machines are like this).  It doesn't matter where the belt comes from.  Motor, treadle, it's all the same to the machine.  Smiley  Plus, sewing machine motors can be used to make electric spinning wheels. Wink  Win/Win.  Cheesy  Ok... What yours is doing really sounds like it's cord is REALLY old and cracked and has a short in it.  That's b.a.d.  Don't use it anymore until you wire a new cord in, or have someone wire a new cord in.  It's SERIOUSLY easy to do, and will prevent a SERIOUSLY painful shock.  Electrocution = bad.  Blown fuse = BAD.  (Okay....  I know that physical pain is worse than property damage but Federal breakers cost $100+!!!  O.O  I had NO IDEA that was gonna happen when I said Hey everybody!!!  I'm gonna blow up the house!!! And plugged that lamp in.  cringe  Yeah...  I know better now, own some really good electrical books, and just REFRAIN from tempting the fates now.  Cheesy  Netchez still gets a kick outta telling that story. But PLEASE fix the cord before using it anymore.  Pain = bad.  Melted breaker = bad.  Electrical fire = bad.  (Dad was a master electrician.  I've seen BAD.)  HUGS

Naantje- Smiley  I love the knitted coat hanger!!!  Smiley  And it's in blues!!!  PLUS!!!  Cheesy  Omg your mice are ADORABLE!!!  Smiley  Our cat had a kitten today.  I'm going to have to crochet her a mouse reward!!!  Smiley  I love your crocheted basket!  I've never made one of those before!  It looks b e a u t i f u l.  Smiley 

pottermouth- OMG!!!  Your pointy kitty is AWESOME!!!  Cheesy  She reminds me of a calico cat!!!!  (That's one of my favorite stories. : )  And really really awesome that you used your great grandmother's fabric!!! Smiley  I love your Hoopla.  Smiley  It's vintage and I love those somewhere sayings.  Smiley  Your chalk art is THE BOMB!!!  Smiley  Great job!!!  (and I bet you had F U N too!!! : )  Omg!!  I LOVE your chair!!!!  I'm a child of the 70's and that SO takes me back to my childhood!! Smiley 

Class/Challenge/House Pride: *S.P.E.W*  Nursing pads *S.P.E.W.*
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Nursing Pads for the pregnancy pantry
Project Page Link (if available):
Brief Description: So our cat Lolipop gave birth to a kitten today in my flannel box, completely preventing me from digging through it.  SO I checked out a basket (because craft supply hoarders have multiple resources) and I found this ADORABLE baby print that I've been holding onto FOR AGES that was COMPLETELY inappropriate for moon pads but PERFECT for nursing pads (cause when we mommas are pregnant and the hormones are flowin we JUST CRAVE adorable baby prints!!! : )  It's a soft yellow with pastel blue, and purple, and pink. Smiley  I had fun figuring out how to skip steps and speed up the process (which is vital when the toddler is hollering for a nurse. : )  And I got to sew them on the Fiatelli after I nursed her to sleep and put her down.  LOVE my quiet sewing machine!! Smiley
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster.  Justifying my need for a craft room. Cheesy

Cheesy !!!!Let's go Hufflepuff Let's go!!!! Cheesy
Moonflame
« Reply #807 on: August 02, 2013 06:00:17 AM »

Jennieingram  Congratulations on your well-deserved Gryffindor of the Month!! Cheesy

DragonChilde Your pincushion is AWESOME!  And I love those labyrinth rocks.  How cool!

Teag Your earbud cord cover is inspired!  I bet it keeps it from tangling, too!  Boy, do I need to try to copy that!  And your dragon egg is amazing!  I love your document keeper, too.  What did you make it from?

Pinkleo What a gorgeous baby blanket!  And what a thoughtful donation, too.  And I've marked the link for the mad money envelope.  It's beautiful, and I MUST make one! Smiley

VegJess  Your nunchicks are adorable (and so smart, too!)  And the little girl is sure to love that sweet knitted bag. Smiley  The cobbler is making my stomach rumble.  Oh my!!

Ntrebleagain  Those brownies look sooo good!  I should know better than to look here before breakfast, LOL!

Midkiffsjoy  I love all the nursing pads you've been making.  Looking at those and the moonpads you've been turning out has given me a hankering to go buy more flannel.  Smiley

Panda Bear You did a beautiful job on the ottoman cushion.  Wow!  I'm so impressed!  (Looks like your dog is, too. Smiley  )

Netchez  Another beautiful baby hat. Smiley  They are so sweet!  

BadWolf314 Oh my goodness, those Pokemon bottlecap necklaces are adorable!! And I love all your magnets, too.  The adipose is sooooo cute!  Your socks look so snuggly!  And the watermelon hat is just TOO cute! Smiley

Naantje Your hanger cover is lovely!  And those mice are great!  I might have to make some for our kitten.  He LOVES little toys.  And your cat yarn basket is so pretty! Smiley

Pottermouth  Your kitty is beautiful!  What an awesome use for vintage fabric!  Your hoopla is excellent! ^_^  I think it's so funny that your kids had to "fix" Harry's nostrils, LOL!  And your chair!  WOW!  

I have a couple more Quidditch shots!

Challenge: Quidditch - Cheering Spirit
Project Name: Huffle Helpers
Project Description: These Huffle-flavoured dpn keepers were LONG overdue.  It's so nice to have my dpns contained at last!  I used little scraps of fabric to make these holders, and lined them with felt to make them sturdier.  They're held together by elastic (in the back.)
Project Pic:

Challenge: Quidditch - Cobbing
Project Name: Needle Gnomes
Project Description: This guy looks rather awkward, and I think it's due to his lack of arms.  Maybe there was a terrible de-gnoming incident!  Shocked  At any rate, he does serve his purpose rather well. ^_^  After I took the pic, I thought to draw a "9" on his hat with a gold paint pen so that I'd know the needle size.
Project Pic:

Project Pic:

And finally, I'm not entering this as anything, because it didn't take long enough, but I wanted to share the idea, because it's easy, practical, cute and fun! ^_^

Here's the link

And here's the pair I made using some "Sqwish" guys from a gumball machine:

« Last Edit: August 02, 2013 06:02:59 AM by Moonflame » THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Moonflame
Molly Merula
« Reply #808 on: August 02, 2013 06:07:35 AM »

Pottermouth, I LOVE your Pointy Kitty! She is SO CUTE. And of course Naantje's real kitty is adorable as well! I love her little round face.

Mether Moonflame - you have made beautiful needle-holders, as always. BARATHEON PRIDE!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
netchez
« Reply #809 on: August 02, 2013 06:42:15 AM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: *S.P.E.W.*  Quidditch Penalty Shot - Blagging  *S.P.E.W.*
Spew: Local baby pantry
House: avenclaw
Project Name: "Seize My Tail" hat
Project Page Link (if available): Radheart.com pattern LW2322
Brief Description: Blagging is seizing the opponent's broom tail. So I had to craft something with a tail.  I chose a dragon.  He is a happy dragon so a small child could wear him.
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 110 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Plaited Bridesmaid Hairstyle Tutorial
Summer Travel Tips For Natural Hair
Rock a Gorgeous Updo for Short Hair
3 Super Easy Braid Styles
How to Get Long-Lasting Hair Volume
Latest Blog Articles
April 17, 2015 Featured Projects
@Home This Weekend: Upcycled Mini-Cabinet
Laundry Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...