A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 296,762
Currently Running With Scissors:
441 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 110
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED-HP Craftalong ~Summer Semester 2013~  (Read 115750 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #790 on: July 31, 2013 05:04:35 PM »

~*Obliviate*~

Quidditch: Seeker
SPEW: donating to Elephant Tears (Ravelry group link) which collects small preemie bereavement blankets
House: Gryffindor
Project Name: Elephant Tears Blanket
Brief Description: Hitting my stash again, and this time I wanted to create a preemie blanket for the Elephant Tears charity.  The founder's story touched my heart, and I want to lend any small bit of comfort I could to those suffering this deep sorrow.  I am submitting this for my Seeker goal because I am following the golden rule of, "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."

edges look a bit wavy/wonky, they are actually small scallops (repetition of sc, hdc, dc, hdc, sc).

« Last Edit: August 01, 2013 09:58:43 AM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

VegJess

Pretending to be a functioning adult is exhausting

View Profile
« Reply #791 on: July 31, 2013 05:12:46 PM »

The tiny birdbath is so squeeee!
Thank you! I squeeed over the fact that someone would squeeee at my birdbath :-D I love your apple cozy, I totally need to learn how to crochet or find a knitting pattern for one of these....my fruit always gets beat up!

Sakuracat23 Your lantern is so awesome!!

I'm going for Unity, since this mug is for one of my favorite 'Claws, vegjess ! Grin
I hope I see her soon (hint, hint) before I end up posting everything I made her for her birthday earlier this month!  Tongue
Thank you, thank you, thank you! :-D I'm so excited, I can't wait to see it (and you!) in person sooooon!

VegJess-  Your blanky is wonderful and so very thoughtful.  Hugs I really like your quick change purse.  Smiley  It's cute. Smiley  That's a cute House Unity!!! Smiley  Oh a cotton CANDY stand!!!  HOW COOL!!!  Smiley  I remember having fun doing stuff for my mom's classroom too.  Smiley  Your tiny bird bath is adorable.  Smiley 
Thank you!! Your post made me sooo happy, I LOVE all the smiley faces! :-) Great job on the sewing machine, and I am totally going to try to make some of those curtains!

CraftyLadyMJ You have totally inspired me to make some needles and then maybe actually try to cable knit! LOVE IT!!

FiberAlchemist Your peacock is so beautiful! I totally went full "awwwwwww" when I saw it! And your stamps look so awesome...may have to try my hand at some too! Loveee the Firefly one (well, all of them, who am I kidding??).

VegJess ~ Your 'framed' house unity picture is absolutely perfect! That cotton candy stand is so cute! I love your portkey.
Thank you so much Smiley) I'm in love with your pin cushion! Such a great idea!! And it is so pretty! And your labyrinth rocks are really cool!!

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Quidditch Cup- Blurting
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: 5-year-old-proof nunchuks
Project Page Link (if available): http://theblattcave.blogspot.com/2011/08/nunchuks-away-new-pattern.html
Brief Description: I didn't expect my first move to be a penalty shot, but here we are :-P.  I wanted to make something for my nephew's birthday. His party theme (and his current dream in life) was to be Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle. So I thought I would like to make him some nunchuks (and luckily I found this really simple pattern online, it made life so sweet!) because they would be fun and functional, and also wouldn't hurt anyone, lol. He seemed to love them since he immediately started attacking with them as soon as they were unwrapped. They fit with blurting because, well, they have two handles.
Project Picture:

Read more: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=424033.0#ixzz2afVfeiLS
THIS ROCKS   Logged
VegJess

View Profile
« Reply #792 on: July 31, 2013 05:18:56 PM »

Pinkleo I admire you for being able to make so many hats!! I have such a short attention span when it comes to my patterns, I usually can't make more than two of the same thing before I flit off to something else! They are all so gorgeous!

Your blanket is so delicate looking and beautiful.
I am going to check out the Elephant Tears page, maybe I can whip up a stash busting blanket to donate.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ntrebleagain

I see no good reason to act my age.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #793 on: July 31, 2013 06:54:28 PM »

Challenge: Quidditch - Stooging
House: Ssssslytherin!
Project Name: Brownies for Bosses
Project Page Link (if available): Fake It Frugal
Brief Description: I was recently promoted at my current job and to thank my bosses I wanted to bake some brownies for them. I went to open a box mix I had and the bag was damaged! Shocked As always, I was doing this last minute and scrambled for an easy recipe so I didn't have to go to Publix and buy another/return the damaged mix. I found this easy copy cat recipe that I will definitely end up using again! It saves money and time and is very easy to make. I added walnuts and chocolate chips to my batch.
Project Picture:

Because I was baking for four people and wanted to have plenty of treats for them, I had intended to make two batches of brownies. The first batch was from a box and is on the right, but the brownie on the left is the copy cat recipe. They were very yummy and a great replacement to my usual box mix!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #794 on: July 31, 2013 08:34:51 PM »

forgot this one earlier Tongue....dinner was calling and I was starving! Smiley

Quidditch: Beater
House: Gryffindor
Project Name: for my mad money
Free Pattern Link: Little Treasures Envelope by Shara Lambeth
Brief Description: I have always had a stash of mad money..always, even as a child.  I decided that I needed a little purse to hide from my hubby store my mad money.  For Beater, I used a wooden flower button. (went on a special trip just to buy a wooden button for beater score...ROAR) Grin

~*I foresee a bit of yarn shopping in my future*~ Wink
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013 08:35:16 PM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

midkiffsjoy
« Reply #795 on: July 31, 2013 09:50:25 PM »

BadWolf314- I LOVE the baby socks!!! Cheesy  I've always wanted to make baby socks.  Smiley  Your owl stamps are awesome!!! Smiley

FiberAlchemist- Your peacock is BEAUTIFUL!!!  I love how the watercolor has bled.  It gives it a mystical quality. Smiley  I like your stamps. Smiley  The middle one reminds me of the angels in Doctor Who.  Shiver  Your dino charms are adorable!!!  What kind of glossy glaze did you use?  I LOVE shakes!!!  YUM  How tasty!! Smiley  I love how you put the match striker in the lid!!!  Smiley  I bet that minky sleep mask is SOOOOOOO soft and comfy. Smiley  What an amazing wip!!!  Your quilt is beautiful!!!  Smiley  It sounds like your tree skirt is going to be lovely!! Smiley  And I can't wait to see your garden road sign!!! Smiley 

Pottermouth- Oh your book is wonderful!!!  Its hard to believe that all paper!!  It's SO cool!!!  Smiley 

Netchez-  Those are just the most adorable little matching dresses for the girls!!!  They love them!!!  (And Im scared to death of them destroying them the second they get to wear them *hang head*)

jennieingram-  Those are adorable starfish washcloths. Smiley  Your bracelets are always so beautiful!!  Smiley  I love how reading is your favorite mode of transportation.  Smiley  Your salad look delicious.  Yum  Congratulations on winning Gryffindor of the Month!!!

jenleahlynn- Your smoothies look tasty. I love how you put them in the freezer. Cheesy  I remember my braces.  Every time they got tightened I had to eat cubed cheese and ham for a week.  My mom would have the deli cubed it up in bits for me.  They pulled 4 baby teeth that had roots almost an inch long.  O.O  Poor Panda Bear.  Sad

elektra blue- Hi!!  Hope you have fun crafting!

Moonflame- Cheesy  Thank you!!!  EVERYTHING love Texas watermelons!!! Cheesy  lol  Your apple cozy is adorable. Smiley  That would be awesome in a picnic basket or kids' backpack. 

DragonChilde- Cheesy  Thank you!!!  I'm having too much fun with my Fiatelli and Liv dolls.  Lol   ABS and ALB both grinned like jack o lanterns when they saw what you said.  Cheesy  I love your pincushion!!!  I love how it has it's own cool little stand. Smiley Your labyrinth rocks are awesome!!  What a neat idea.  Smiley 

teag- I like your ear bud covers.  That gives me an idea for a Christmas gift.  I really like that you macramed them.  Smiley  Your dragon eye egg is MIND BLOWING!!!  Smiley  I love your document holder!!!  What is it made out of? 

Pinkleo-  Your quidditch hats are sweet.  I love the detail on your bereavement blanket.  Smiley  Your little mad money purse is so cute!!  And the button is adorable!!! Smiley

VegJess-  Smiley  (My name is Joy.  So I smile a lot.  Lol : )  I KNOW!!!  Arent they awesome?  It's for the kids room, and they love it.  I'm gonna have to make some for MY room!!  LOVE glow in the dark!!! Cheesy  (though I'll never top my little sister for over the top/insane love of glow in the dark!! lol)  Your 5yo proof numchucks are AWESOME!!!  I should make some for ALS!!  She likes to smack ALB with sticks.  His might leave him less bruised.  Smiley  The knitted chain is AMAZING!!! 

ntrebleagain- drool  Brooooooooooooooooo ooooownies.  Yum  And with WALNUTS!!!! Cheesy 

I had so much fun sewing doll clothes today, but mid way through....... changed everything I was doing ..roflmbo.... so all I got finished today were these really neat nursing pads.  Cheesy

Class/Challenge/House Pride: *S.P.E.W.*  Nursing Pads *S.P.E.W.*
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Nursing pads
Project Page Link (if available):
Brief Description: I had a lot of fun practicing sewing on the treadle sewing machine today.  I even got the zig zag stitch to work for me while making these nursing pads for the local pregnancy center's baby pantry.  They'll come in handy for a new mother. Smiley
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster.  Justifying my need for a craft room. Cheesy

Cheesy !!!!Let's go Hufflepuff Let's go!!!! Cheesy
VegJess

View Profile
« Reply #796 on: August 01, 2013 04:43:23 AM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Alchemy
Project Name: A Stitch of Love Handbag
Brief Description: As some of you may remember I knitted a blanket for a little boy not too long ago. Well, he has a big sister and I didn't want to make her feel left out so I made her something too! This little purse, knitted with yarn that has the perfect peacock colors (thanks to Ntrebleagain for helping me find that ;-)). I embroidered a little heart on the back to help her feel connected to her brother.
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged
VegJess

View Profile
« Reply #797 on: August 01, 2013 06:19:25 AM »

One more submission to get me caught up :-).

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Herbology
Project Name: Cherry Crumbly Tart Thingie
Brief Description:
My future mother-in-law was in town and I had heard through the grapevine that she loved cherry desserts. I had no time to run to the store and my pantry was very low on supplies (I only had a partial stick of butter, barely any flour... It was a baker's worst nightmare, lol), but luckily I had been given a can of cherries a while back and I was able to pull some things together and make this cherry crumbly tart thingie. I think the different flavors in each layer worked very nicely together. It got the future MIL's approval!

Ingredients:
3 tbsp Butter- melted
3 tbsp coconut oil-liquid temp
1/2 c honey
1 c old fashioned rolled oats
1 c all purpose flour
6 tbsp brown sugar
1.5 tbsp cornstarch
1 can of cherries, reserve juice
Vanilla, optional

Step 1. Make cherry filling

Im a saucepan combine 1.5 tbs cornstarch, 1/2 c honey and
Juice from one can cherries. Stir on medium heat until firm and remove from heat. Stir in cherries, add a little vanilla if you want. Set aside until after step 2

Step 2: make bottom crust

Combine 3 tbs butter, 1/2 c flour, 1/2 cup oats and 3 tbs brown sugar. Mix and press in bottom of tart pan. Pour cherry filling over the crust.

Step 3: Make crumble topping

Combine 3 tbs liquified coconut oil,
1/2 c flour, 1/2 c oats, and3 tbs brown sugar. Mix together and then crumble on top of cherry mixture.

Step 4: Bake at 375 for 30 minutes

Project Photo:
THIS ROCKS   Logged
panda bear
« Reply #798 on: August 01, 2013 07:03:28 AM »

Challenge-quidditch beater
House-hufflepuff
Project - storage automan with cushion
The cube was a kit I bought and my grandpa helped with the cushion because he had tools we did not have. We took a board, layered it it with foam, wrapped it in fabric, and stapled it underneath. Then the seat was screwed in place. This was my home environment 4h project and it is going to state fair.

It's good for storage, and even the dogs likes it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

Liberal Tie-Dyed Tree Hugger

« Reply #799 on: August 01, 2013 07:10:39 AM »

Your hats are AWESOME pinks! But no rush, you can post for the birthday challenges anytime before the end of the semester.

Love those nun-chucks, VegJess!! My kiddo would love.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 110 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Photoshop - Turning a Photo into a Cartoon P.1
After Effects Tutorial - Making a Space Explosion
3DS Max 9 Tutorial - Creating a Sky
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Quick and Easy Organizer
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...