A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,112
Currently Running With Scissors:
603 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 110
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED-HP Craftalong ~Summer Semester 2013~  (Read 109856 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Liberal Tie-Dyed Tree Hugger

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #770 on: July 30, 2013 12:06:43 PM »

Love the little owl stamp, BadWolf314!

And wow, that quilt is amazing, FiberAlchemist!!

Midst all this catching up, I almost forgot to honor one of Gryffindor's finest!

Craft something inspired by Neville before the end of the summer semester to snag this badge, fellow Gryffindors!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
noodle-bug

equal parts love and evil laughter

« Reply #771 on: July 30, 2013 05:10:28 PM »

awesome dinos Wink love the wendo-stamps too
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
pottermouth

I like Kit-Kat, unless I'm with 4 or more people.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #772 on: July 30, 2013 06:38:16 PM »

Look at all the projects!!! I've been peeking at all the greatness while finishing a project for the Sideshow Swap, which was supposed to be my O.W.L. for CoMC (breathtaking creatures!) but I forgot to propose it! D'oh! Oh well, I'm adding it for my second Ravenclaw extra credit.

Class: Herbology Extra Credit
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Sideshow Spectacular Book
Brief Description: Here's the reason for my severe lack of commenting on all the fabulousness that goes on here:

Since I've posted the pics here, I won't repost them, but you could go and check it out if you want!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

netchez
« Reply #773 on: July 30, 2013 10:18:54 PM »

Y'all keep going and going...crafting things so fast. I. can't. keep. up! CraftyLadyMJ - I love those cable needles.  I used them when knitting cables (which I did when the girls were small) and yours are so beautiful.  I never would have thought about making my own... so many times resorted to the safety pin.  Thanks for the tutorial.  Gotta try this!

Class/Challenge/House Pride: History of Magic
Project Name: Watermelon dress
Project Page Link (if available): na
Brief Description: (how it fits the requirements, pattern/techniques/recipe used, any fun tips.
For all the years my girls were growing up, one of our traditions was visits from the "Watermelon Man" (my father-in-law).  He grew over 10 acres of rattlesnake watermelons every summer and 5 acres of popcorn (because his granddaughter wanted popcorn).  Did you know that coyotes love watermelon?  They would come in the patch and sniff out the ripe ones and gouge them open to enjoy!  He would pick watermelons every day and come by with a "truckload" for the girls to pick... one for each member of the household!  Then he would go take them to the old folk's home to give them some, after which he would sell the rest for next to nothing... since he didn't need the money.  He was just trying to "keep busy"! 
When I saw these materials, I thought they looked so summery and so was going to make a "pillow dress" for Annoying Little Sister (age 4) with a ladybug on it.  But she wanted watermelons and a pocket so I changed the picture on the front of the dress.  I searched for a picture of a watermelon that she would like and found one in the coloring pages available online.  I then constructed the watermelon from the materials of the dress and embroidered the watermelon face in black.  The seeds are painted on with fabric paint.  The pattern I used only went to size 4 and while ALS is only 4, the pattern was too small, so I enlarged it, guessing the reconstructed patter to be a size 6.  Here is the finished product.  The is the first dress I have sewn since their mother was little... The pattern was vintage (we collect old patterns).
Project Picture:

It was really windy today so the picture didn't come out too well.
NOTE:  ALS wanted me to also make one for her baby sister (ABS) so check out Bertie Bott's Bean this week... it's watermelon!

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Bertie Bott's Bean - watermelon
Project Name: Baby sister's watermelon
Project Page Link (if available):na
Brief Description: (how it fits the requirements, pattern/techniques/recipe used, any fun tips, etc.) When making Little Sister's pillow dress, she wanted me to make one for Baby Sister too!  Well... since the bean this week was watermelon, and I had plenty of fabric, I said "sure! why not!".  Here it is.  Baby Sister was bothered by the windy conditions, so I couldn't get a good picture of her. I used the same pattern but her watermelon is fused on rather than made into a pocket.

I tried to get a picture of the two girls together but... alas... a pixie grabbed my hand as I took the picture and the result was bigger sister's head was cut off.  Can't post that picture!  Those pixies are still causing havoc at our house!

Class/Challenge/House Pride: SPEW - Local Baby Pantry
Project Name: a hat of many colors
Project Page Link (if available): na
Brief Description: (how it fits the requirements, pattern/techniques/recipe used, any fun tips, etc.)  This baby cap was crocheted from a pattern I found years ago on the 'net but cannot find it now.  I made it from multicolored baby yarn.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
midkiffsjoy
« Reply #774 on: July 30, 2013 11:08:43 PM »

Falling..... asleep.... head.... keyboard.... must post before the girls run off with Liv again..... *snore*

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Quidditch Seeker
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: A dress for Liv (My first BJD)
Project Page Link (if available):
Brief Description: Last week ABS and I checked out the resale shop.  While she was digging through the “Barbie box” for Monster High dolls I noticed two odd dolls.  They were bald ball jointed dolls with “glass” eyes and big heads.  A quick search on the phone showed that they were Liv dolls.  I had seen them in Walmart, but they looked “different” wigless (and naked). I brought them home along with a nice scrap of gold fabric.  They needed clothes.  I initially intended to sew a dress using Butterick pattern #6668.  It's a nice repop pattern.  BUT I soon discovered that Barbie has bigger boobs and a smaller waist.  I remembered seeing a tutorial about making your own patterns for dolls and set to taping little bits of paper towel all over Liv.  I cut the body mold off Liv and set to making patterns.  Then I sewed her a gold ballgown using the bodice pattern I made from her body and a nice big rectangle.  It closes in the back with a snap at the shoulders, a hook and eye at the waist, and a nice gold bow. Smiley I both hand sewed and used the treadle sewing machine.  Its been a decade since I've sewn Barbie clothes and could only sew them by hand because the electric machine sucked the tiny scraps of cloth down through into the bobbin case.  But on the Fiatelli I can adjust the feed dog to it's up position and then just go slow and it ACTUALLY SEWS instead of sucking my fabric down into sewing machine Hell.  Smiley
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Quidditch Cobbing
Project Name: A hat for Liv (My first BJD)
Project Page Link (if available):
Brief Description: Liv needed a hat to go with her beautiful ball gown.  I made the pattern from scratch.  The pointed crown is two pieces of gold fabric fused together with double sided fusible webbing.  The brim is two pieces of gold fabric that is fused together with webbing BUT I didn't fuse them together until I sewed the brim edge together, sewed one brim edge to the crown edge, and turned the brim.  I then sewed the other brim edge to the inside of the crown and then sewed gold ribbon around the base of the crown for trim to match the bow on her dress.  I sewed the hat both by hand and with my treadle sewing machine. Smiley
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: *S.P.E.W.* Days for Girls Moonpads *S.P.E.W.*
Project Name: Days for Girls Moonpads
Project Page Link (if available): http://www.daysforgirls.org/#!patterns-and-sewing-tips/c1upv
Brief Description: I sewed these from all the extra material from making the matched ones.  It was a little tricky because the different pile on the different flannels moved a lot while it was being sewn.  I think the combination pads look cute. Smiley
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster.  Justifying my need for a craft room. Cheesy

Cheesy !!!!Let's go Hufflepuff Let's go!!!! Cheesy
netchez
« Reply #775 on: July 31, 2013 05:53:03 AM »

midkiffsjoy-- WOW!  Liv's gold dress turned out beautifully!  And that hat!  Awesome!

pottermouth -- I love your sideshow!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #776 on: July 31, 2013 08:18:07 AM »

Challenge: Bertie Bott’s - Watermelon
House: Gryffindor
Project Name: Orange & White Starfish Dishcloths

Project Page Link: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=426063.0#axzz2adNQJwZh
Brief Description: More dishcloths for my Christmas stash!  This set includes pink, white and orange watermelon colors.  
Project Picture:

Challenge: Quidditch - Broomstick
Project Name: Charlotte’s Web Bracelet

Project Page Link: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=426064.0#axzz2adNQJwZh
Brief Description: Far and away, my favorite method of transportation is reading.  Reading takes me to worlds I may never see with my eyes, but that I can see with my heart. This bracelet was a special request from a friend.  She wanted it for another friend's birthday.  The recipient loves the book Charlotte's Web.  The bracelet spells out "RADIANT", one of the things Charlotte writes about Wilbur in her web. The other charms include a tractor, 3 of Charlotte's baby spiders, a horse, Templeton the rat, Charlotte in her web, Wilbur, cow, and a tent from the County Fair.
Project Picture:

Challenge: Detention - August
Project Name: Tan Starfish Dishcloths

Project Page Link: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=426063.0#axzz2adNQJwZh
Brief Description: More dishcloths for my Christmas stash!  These two are mismatched, as I was trying to use up the last bit of ivory yarn in my stash, but I like that they are the colors of actual starfish.  This set will probably go to my SIL.
Project Picture:

Challenge: Quidditch - Flacking
Project Name: Favorite Things Bracelet

Brief Description: This bracelet is another custom request from the same friend.  She ordered it for another friend's birthday.  It contains a mix of charms to represent her friend's loves, as well as glass and semi precious stone beads in shades of purple, blue and turquoise.
Project Picture:

Challenge: Quidditch - Keeper
Project Name: Purple & Yellow Starfish Dishcloths

Brief Description: More dishcloths for my Christmas stash!  I think this set will be going to Audrey & Steve.  
Project Picture:

Challenge: Quidditch - Seeker
Project Name: Golden Corn & Zucchini Salad

Brief Description: This salad is just wonderful.  It's like summer on a plate.  I frequently make a half batch for dinner, since it's just two of us.  Usually I top it with salmon, paprika and more chives.  Give it a try!

Golden Corn & Zucchini Salad
4 ears golden sweet corn, kernels shaved off the cob
2 small zucchini, diced
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Olive oil
1 tablespoon unsalted butter (or vegan butter substitute)
1 cup minced chives

Place the diced zucchini in a colander or small bowl and sprinkle lightly with salt and let the excess liquid drain out. Set aside. Heat a deep skillet over medium heat and add a drizzle of olive oil and the butter. When the butter foams up, add the corn kernels and cook, stirring frequently, until they are tender — about 5 minutes.  Drain any excess water off the zucchini and add to the skillet, along with the chives and mint. Sauté just until the zucchini is barely tender — about 3 minutes.  Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve immediately while hot, or at room temperature.

Project Picture:
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013 04:57:44 PM by jennieingram » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong - Spring Semester

It does not due to dwell on lists and forget to craft.
jenleahlynn
« Reply #777 on: July 31, 2013 08:34:11 AM »

class-herbology.....gryffendor extra credit-potions
house-gryffendor
project-smoothie collection

Panda bear had a rough week after having 3 baby teeth and 4 impacted adult teeth pulled. we are getting ready for braces. the doctors orders were lots of cold soft foods. we did the usual ice cream, pudding, and jello, but we also wanted to get some nutrition in there as well.

i recieved a 'ninja' blender as a christmas present and it does a great job blending frozen fruit. we started with fresh cherries, and yogurt along with a cherry sorbet popcycle the kids weren't crazy about.

cherries are used in potions to reduce inflamation. i don't know if helped but it was cool and sweet she liked it.
we also did cherries, strawberries, and frozen blueberries with yogurt

our last batch was mango, pinapple, and orange juice popcycle whitch her brother approves of.

what didn't get eaten up, was frozen into silicone muffin cups. i will pop them out into plastic bags later and store them in the freezer for a quick breakfast later. i tried ice cube trays but they didn't pop out well, and the ninja can handle the larger size chunks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jenleahlynn

harry potter craft along- winter semester
2013-art journal along
journal prompt swap
shop the swap winter
breaking dawn swap
ongoing atc swap
jenleahlynn
« Reply #778 on: July 31, 2013 08:37:44 AM »

jenniegram- the zucchini corn salad looks yummy. i don't garden, but i recieved
         overflow from my mother-in-law, and i actually have all the ingredients for this!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jenleahlynn

harry potter craft along- winter semester
2013-art journal along
journal prompt swap
shop the swap winter
breaking dawn swap
ongoing atc swap
patty_o_furniture

May the force be ever in your favor, Mr. Potter.

« Reply #779 on: July 31, 2013 08:51:51 AM »

Love the Charlotte's Web bracelet!

Happy late birthday Headmistress and Happee Birthdae Harry!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 110 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Do a Classic Red Lip
Transforming Your Look with a Pop of Color
Look Younger With These Eye Creams and Gels
Sparkly Holiday Makeup Tutorial
6 Simple Ways to Add Glam to Your Style
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...