A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 302,587
Currently Running With Scissors:
599 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 110
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED-HP Craftalong ~Summer Semester 2013~  (Read 114605 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lelyonna
Tutorial Contributor

Regnflickan

View Profile
« Reply #720 on: July 27, 2013 06:45:15 AM »

So much goodies. You never disappoint me!

lynnieangel: Welcome! I really love Luna too. she is the best character ever!

Panda bear: That watermelon cartoon is so sweet!

Travelgirl: There has been a lot of tasty looking dishes in this craftalong, but that cherry sorbet beats everything. It looks soooo good!

patty_o_furniture: I loved reading your story. You must be pretty much the best adult ever for a kid to have!

sakuracat23: Love your lantern

Jennieingram: Cudos on finishing your newt! It looks really pretty!

Headmistress: happy birthday =)

And I love everyones portkeys! The flower pen especially, as it so nicely fits in with the background in such a clever way.

My own stuff:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Transfiguration
SPEW: Women's shelter
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Baby Dragon
Brief Description: I am still new to working wool with needles, but I still think this little fellow turned out cute enough. This particular sweetheart is a baby Scottish Nightwing, and will be sold to raise money for a women's shelter.

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Quidditch Broomstick
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Crawling pants
Brief Description: Now, I know this might seem strange to you all, since pants usually have nothing to do with transportation. However, I am in a condition so that all days when I am not using morpine for the pain (which is basically every other day) my feet hurts so bad that I can't walk. Hence I crawl (inside that is, outside I have a wheelchair). The problem with crawling is that it is very hard to carry stuff, since you need your hands a lot. And we all have to carry stuff more than we realise, hence I desperately need big pockets so I can carry even big things (such as my tablet and big bottles and clothes or whatever). It is however almost impossible to buy pants with that big pockets, and I only own one single pair myself so on days when those are in the laundry I am rather helpless. So yesterday/today I tossed together these to have an extra pair! I am not sure about what I feel regarding the pattern of the fabric as i is a bit crazy. But they are sooo comfortable, so I love them anyway ^^

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The key to happiness is not getting what you want- it's wanting what you get"
pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #721 on: July 27, 2013 06:52:24 AM »

Students, if you would all please join me in wishing your dear Headmisstress a VERY happy birthday.

::taps her baton on a music stand::

"Happy birthday to you...
Happ-----"

::Fred & George Weasley burst in and begin chanting::

"You're getting old
And you'll soon be told
You're nearing Merlin's age!
You'll be called a 'mage'.
And soon you'll have a beard to match
But there's a catch!
You'll have to bear this every year
Until we're too old to drink butterbeer!"

Cheesy Cheesy ♥ LOVE, LOVE, LOVE! ♥  Thank you jennie Kiss

Ohhh!  A very VERY HarryHappy Birthday to you, Pinkleo! Cheesy
Thank you Moonflame! Kiss

Headmistress: happy birthday =)
Thank you lelyonna! Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ntrebleagain

I see no good reason to act my age.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #722 on: July 27, 2013 07:42:24 AM »

Happy birthday, Pinkleo! May all your beans be in pleasant flavours today!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ntrebleagain

I see no good reason to act my age.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #723 on: July 27, 2013 08:25:02 AM »

Challenge: House Unity
House: Sssssssslytherin
Project Name: Dishwasher Safe Sharpie Mugs
Project Page Link: Tutorial - Scribbles from Emily
Brief Description: I'm going for Unity, since this mug is for one of my favorite 'Claws, vegjess ! Grin The mug I found already had blue stripes on it, so I filled in the spaces with gold/bronze and added the letters and heart.
Project Picture:
Ignore my awkward holding of the mug. I'm a righty trying to hold it with my left hand whilst taking the picture!  Cheesy

I hope I see her soon (hint, hint) before I end up posting everything I made her for her birthday earlier this month!  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Moonflame
« Reply #724 on: July 27, 2013 08:45:06 AM »

Oooooh!  I LOVE that Ravenclaw mug!  Wow!  Shocked

Lelyonna, your dragon is adorable!  And those pants are great!  I'm sorry to hear that you're in so much pain.  Sad  The pockets are a clever way around a diffcult situation!

Here's my first Quidditch shot.

Challenge: Quidditch, Stooging
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Scrapalogue
Project Description: I'm doing the summer reading challenge for 2 of my local libraries (double dipping ftw! Smiley )  For one of them, you get to decorate a card from the old card catalogue!  This was easy to make, so therefore appropriate for Stooging. Smiley
Project Pic:

and. . .

Challenge: Bertie Botts Watermelon Bean
House: Hufflepuff
Project name: Bunny Bento
Project Description: White (and yellow!) - Bunny hard boiled egg; dark green - broccoli; more green - lettuce under egg; red and more green - veggie furikake bits in the rice; more yellow/orange - cheese flowers; orange - carrot strips; there's even some pink if you count one of the silicone cups holding the veggies. Smiley  There was another little container with pink salt but I didn't think to take a pic of that.  Also another container with more white (ranch dressing.)

I made this for youngest to take to martial arts because she has to sit through my class after doing hers on Fri nights.

Project pic:

I should have taken a pic with her chopsticks and everything, but I was in a hurry!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2013 08:46:50 AM by Moonflame » THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Moonflame
FiberAlchemist

Wit Beyond Measure

View Profile WWW
« Reply #725 on: July 27, 2013 10:09:48 AM »

Happy Birthday Headmistress!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ant Bee

Expecto Procrastinatum!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #726 on: July 27, 2013 11:14:48 AM »

Ah-heh-heh-hem.

The Slytherin Glee club (yes, there is such a thing, we meet Tuesdays at 9pm on the astronomy tower.) has prepared a little something for the Headmistress.

*Winding up* THIIIIIIIII-IIIIIIIS
IS YOUR BIRTH-DAY SONG,
IT ISN'T VERR-RY LONG-

*students wander off, Ant Bee comes front center in front of the throng departing, bows dramatically, and wanders off as well*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harry witnessed Professor McGonagall walking right past Peeves who was determinedly loosening a crystal chandelier and could have sworn he heard her tell the poltergeist out of the corner of her mouth 'It unscrews the other way.
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #727 on: July 27, 2013 02:08:28 PM »

Oops!  I mislabeled my previous post.  That was not a completed NEWT, but rather a completed OWL!  Pinks, I've gone back and edited the header, so as to not confuse you later.

And JennieIngram, the quilt is truly lovely!  I love the colours you chose - so boyish and cute!  Do you free-motion quilt?  Your pickles look mouth-watering.  If my youngest were there, they'd be gone in a flash.  Pickles are one of her very faves! Smiley

Thank you dear!  And, yep, free motion quilted this one.  I tried using the walking foot to do straight lines diagonally across it, but it was catching too much, so I took them out and went back to my old standby of free motion quilting. 

And I freaking love pickles too.... Wink

And now some more NEWT progress...
Amber and I did a batch of 5 pints of Garden Salsa, and since her garden is currently overflowing with jalapenos, and we had *just enough* leftover tomatoes, we ended up doing a batch of Jalapeno Salsa right after.  Both recipes were from the Ball Complete Book of Home Preserving.

Garden Salsa:

Jalapeno Salsa:

I'm currently too tired to do the pickled carrots & parsnips I had planned for this afternoon, so I'll have to get to them tomorrow.  And hopefully the batch of Red Wine Jelly will happen either tomorrow or Monday.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong - Spring Semester

I will be out of town at a family funeral 7/13-7/16 and may not answer PMs.
Audania1
Christmas crafting all year round...

Magic always comes with a price

« Reply #728 on: July 27, 2013 02:29:40 PM »

oh my Jennie! I can't wait to hear about the red wine jelly!!!!!

Class: House Unity Hufflepuff
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Hufflepuff mitts
Project Link:  earning-my-cape.blogspot.com/2012/07/kids-fingerless-gloves-free-crochet.html
Description:
 I whipped these mitts up this morning for my youngest for when we have to start walking her sister to school in the morning when it gets cold out. She is a huge fan of lady bugs and bumble bees so I felt that the Hufflepuff colors would be perfect and she loves them!! My daughter has much smaller hands than the Ravelry pattern called for, so it is VERY loosely based off of it, with much winging-it involved.

Class: Herbology
Project Name: Bourboned Christmas Cherries in July
Project Link: none
Description: I went to the farmers market and bought two pounds of cherries for a couple of bucks. I knew I couldnt eat that much (what with all of the OTHER produce I bought for me and the fam also) so I decided to put some away for the cold months. Ive had brandied cherries before, but I didnt have any brandy on hand. So, I used bourbon. I washed the cherries and cut the stems short (leaving them on gives the alcohol a nice *extra* bit of flavor) before putting them in jars and covering them in bourbon. For the last three cherries in each jar, I stuck a whole clove in them. Seriously, it makes it smell and taste like extra Christmas when that jar is opened! I plan on keeping a jar or two for my house over the holidays and then giving the others away as extras in gifts. They are good to eat after about a week or two, but, obviously, the flavor improves with letting them sit.
I have 5 more small jars already tucked up in the cupboard... Wink

Class: D.A.D.A.
Description: Geminio Doppleganger wisps!
Project link: love Ravelry!! www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/brave-little-wisp
Description: My daughters love the movie Brave, and will-o-the-wisps feature as a major factor in it. I decided to create a Hinkypunk for each of my children. They will also double as protection, I hope, if they ever get confused by a real one. Then they can throw their dopplegangers at them, confusing the enemy by its cuteness, and they can get away!!

And with that I have completed my first B.I.N.G.O.!! Its G down.

History of Magic: strawberry rhubarb pie, gluten free
House Unity: Hufflepuff mitts
Potions: poison alice hoop
Earn a Bertie Botts Bean: Onion flavored for my pork burritos
D.A.D.A.: Geminio Doppleganger wisps
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Audania1
Christmas crafting all year round...

Magic always comes with a price

« Reply #729 on: July 27, 2013 02:58:45 PM »

Kitchen Elf Recipes

As always, I cant believe I let almost the whole of the month go by without posting a recipe from the kitchens of Hogwarts! I must go smash a windowpane on my head and burn my nose in the fire for this, surely!
*Hurries back with face wrapped but for a peep hole to see through*

Alrighty, here it is! This is from the Laura Ingalls Wilder Country Cookbook. This cookbook was compiled post mortem when some people from the house museum went through and looked through some old papers. The recipes in this particular book were all gathered and kept by Laura and just stuck in a notebook. These were used over and over and there are family favorites that were used more often than others. The one Im posting today is Almanzos Favorite Swiss Steak (Almanzo was Lauras husband, for those of you who dont know). It is delicious!

Almanzos Favorite Swiss Steak
cup flour
1 teaspoon salt
teaspoon freshly ground pepper
2-3lbs round steak, 1 inches thick
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons oil
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup, diluted with 2 cans milk or water

1) Combine flour and seasonings.
2) Pound the flour into both sides of the steak and let stand for hour.
3) Heat butter and oil in large skillet. Brown steak on both sided. Add garlic and cook for a minute.
4) Add soup and simmer for 1-2 hours, until meat is tender. Cooking time will depend upon the thickness and tenderness of the meat.

There you go! Thats it! Its a very easy and delicious meal. I just added some sauted potatoes and carrots to finish it off. Enjoy, everyone!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 110 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Importance Of Delivery in Comedy
Appearing on Television as a Comedian
Learn About the Comedy Club Host
How to Succeed as a Comedian on the Road
Finding Your Unique Voice as a Comedian
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...