A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 298,098
Currently Running With Scissors:
569 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 110
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED-HP Craftalong ~Summer Semester 2013~  (Read 120624 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Ant Bee

Expecto Procrastinatum!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #710 on: July 26, 2013 08:15:16 PM »

Note to self: Cover of darkness great for placing portkeys out of muggle sight, not so much for taking pics with muggle cameras. Also, shortly after this photo shoot a muggle "please man" car drove by slowly, so I may not have been as stealth as I hoped... I added extra anti muggle security spells, just in case.

Here is the item, a little beaded bee charm that I hung from a tree bordering the sidewalk and my driveway.

And here are the better of the 23pics I took trying to get the item in the shot and in some semblance of focus.

(You can amost make out the back of my truck in the really dark photo)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harry witnessed Professor McGonagall walking right past Peeves who was determinedly loosening a crystal chandelier and could have sworn he heard her tell the poltergeist out of the corner of her mouth 'It unscrews the other way.
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
AnnoyingLittleBrother
« Reply #711 on: July 26, 2013 08:45:08 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Quidditch Portkey
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Slytherin Garden Gazing Ball
Project Page Link (if available):
Brief Description: (how it fits the requirements, pattern/techniques/recipe used, any fun tips, etc.)  When I did this gazing ball I had to spray paint it twice.  First I spray painted a baseball green, then I put painters tape, and finally I spray painted it silver.  I took the picture in my garden.
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AnnoyingBigSister

EEVEE FOREVER!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #712 on: July 26, 2013 09:05:08 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Quidditch Portkey
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Hufflepuff Garden Rock
Project Page Link (if available):
Brief Description: (how it fits the requirements, pattern/techniques/recipe used, any fun tips, etc.) For my Quidditch portkey I made a Hufflepuff stone. First I spray painted a rock yellow,     waited till it was dry, then I used painters tape and made a letter H for Hufflepuff and spray painted the whole thing black and let it dry. My portkey is in my family's garden.     
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #713 on: July 26, 2013 10:06:19 PM »

~*TWEET!*~

"Now, I want a nice fair game, all of you… Mount your brooms, please."

Please keep in mind that our Houses are our well-loved homes, and our competitors are our friends! Anti-Slytherin, Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, or Ravenclaw statements or baiting will not be tolerated. Thank you!

*EVENTS*
Let's have a fair and fun game!  Once you have complete EVERY event, you may go back and do them one more time. Grin

--Seeker: Snitches are made of pure gold.  Craft something golden.  This could be literal, as in the color, or it could be more abstract, like an item that conforms to the "golden ratio", or the "golden rule" (i.e. mathmatical proportions or "do unto others")

--Beater: Beaters carry heavy wooden bats.  For this challenge you must craft something that contains wood as at least one component.

--Chaser: There are three Chasers on every quidditch team, who must work well together to lead their team to victory.  For this challenge you must craft three items that work together to create a whole.  (For example a pendant, earrings & bracelet)

--Keeper: Keepers must fly "close to home" to defend their hoops.  Craft something for your own home, or for the home of a loved one.

--Broomstick: For many witches and wizards a broomstick is a preferred method of transportation.  Craft something for your preferred method of transportation.  This could be anything from a steering wheel cover, to decorating your earbuds for a long bus ride, to hand-painted sneakers.

--Cheering/Spirit: Cheer on your house or favorite quidditch team by crafting something that shows your house/team pride.

*PENALTY SHOTS*
Quidditch is a rough game!  Time for you to take your penalty shot.  You can choose up to 7 shots to complete.  You may not repeat a shot once you've completed it.

--Blagging: Seizing the opponent's broom tail to slow or hinder. Craft something with a tail.

Blatching: Flying with the intent to collide.  Craft something that collides or combines two crafting techniques.

--Blurting: Locking broom handles with the intent to steer an opponent off course. Craft something that has handles.

--BumphingWatch out!  Bludgers hit towards spectators.  Craft something that offers protection.

--Cobbing: Excessive use of elbows towards opponents.  Craft something that is pointy.

--Flacking: Pushing any portion of anatomy through the goal hoop in an attempt to push the Quaffle out. Craft something that has a pushed out or raised component.

--Haversacking: Chaser is still holding to or touching the Quaffle as it goes through the goal hoop. Finish WIP you’ve been holding onto. (only exception to quidditch crafting timeline) 

--Quaffle-pocking: Tampering with the Quaffle somehow like poking holes in it so that it will fall faster. Craft something with holes.

--Snitchnip: Any player other than Seeker touching or catching the Golden Snitch. Craft something that is not your usual craft technique or material.

--Stooging: When two of a team's Chasers knock the opposing team's Keeper out of the way so that their third Chaser can score a goal easily. Craft something that is easy for you to make.

19 chances to score in 22 days.  No excuse for not taking at least the minimum of 30 minutes per score.  And remember to review the Quidditch and HPC guidelines.  Quidditch Cup competition ends August 17, 2013.  Have fun! Grin

~*Portkey Registration is CLOSED!*~
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013 10:17:47 PM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

sakuracat23

Don't make me get the flying Monkeys!!!

View Profile
« Reply #714 on: July 26, 2013 10:28:36 PM »

Holy moley! the projects on here a killer! Great job everyone!
Class/Challenge/House Pride: DADA
House: Roar ROAR Gryffindor!
Project Name: hinkypunk lantern
Brief Description:while out on the school grounds the other day i happened to see a Hinkypunk along the edge to the black forrest. i watched for several minutes as it darted around the trees and then disappeared into the woods. I desided that I wanted to make a glowing lantern but was having a hard time finding a glass globe that I liked...until i happened on a storage room while hiding from some rather bad tempered 7th year Slytherins who had the audacity to accuse me of stealing their Potions essays and using them to line the floor of the owlery... All I'll say on the subject is at least  the owls seemed to appreciate it.  Wink
Anywhoo i saw a globe from an old wall fixture that the mate had broke so I carried it back to the dorm and made a lantern like  beaded wire cage around it and modge podged some squares of text from an old book along the lines of the base. I love how it turned out!

i wish i could get a better close up of the beads

here it is lit up
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Naantje
« Reply #715 on: July 27, 2013 03:21:30 AM »

To call a Bingo with Quidditch, do we need to complete seeker, beater, chaser, keeper, broomstick AND cheering/spirit, or just one of them?

I'm also wondering: for SPEW, could I craft something for my mother's neighbours? These people have been through a lot of junk in their lives already (a lot of it of their own making, but they really are underprivileged. The mom is an analfabetic who needs somebody to dial the phone number to make a call!) but after fifteen years of debt-settlement, they are finally debt-free since a couple months. But two days ago, the father's son from his first marriage stole their debit card and spent and withdrew the remainder and lion's part of father's pension (about 800). Apparently, as a child, you cannot steal from your parents (at least, you can't be criminally sued, it has to go by the civil court) so the police was unable to do anything for them. They can't even pay their rent this month! It's safe to say that I don't like these people, but I am really, really shocked by what has happened. Mom & dad, their son, daughter-in-law and their 18 month old baby largely depend on that pension, which is around half of the entire family's income!

I'm thinking of making them several meals (especially for the baby!) so that they can spend the money they have left on utilities and rent so they don't build up new debts.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 in '14

Calling all talented witches and wizards to join us in the Winter Semester of the Harry Potter Craftalong.
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #716 on: July 27, 2013 05:58:34 AM »

Students, if you would all please join me in wishing your dear Headmisstress a VERY happy birthday.

::taps her baton on a music stand::

"Happy birthday to you...
Happ-----"

::Fred & George Weasley burst in and begin chanting::

"You're getting old
And you'll soon be told
You're nearing Merlin's age!
You'll be called a 'mage'.
And soon you'll have a beard to match
But there's a catch!
You'll have to bear this every year
Until we're too old to drink butterbeer!"
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Facebook | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #717 on: July 27, 2013 06:03:48 AM »

OWL Subject: Transfiguration - Option 2
House: Gryffindor!
Project Name: Hudson's Baby Quilt

Project Page Link :
Brief Description: Finally finished this at work yesterday around noon.  And around 2:00, baby Hudson was born!  Just in time I say.  Wink
Project Picture:

NEWT Progress:
I canned 9 qts. of pickles yesterday!  I did 7 qts. with my friend Amanda, and those had to stay at her house till they are finished setting for 24 hours.  We had so many cucumbers left over though, that I came home and did another batch of 2 qts at home.  And the fun doesn't stop there.  I'm doing a batch of salsa today with my friend Amber, and a batch of pickled carrots & parsnips right after.  

Here's the batch of two qts. from yesterday.  The others are at Amanda's house.

Ok, I'm off to the Farmer's Market.  Wish me luck!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2013 01:37:04 PM by jennieingram » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Facebook | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
Moonflame
« Reply #718 on: July 27, 2013 06:21:06 AM »

Ohhh!  A very VERY HarryHappy Birthday to you, Pinkleo! Cheesy

I love all the portkeys!! The tiny birdbath is so squeeee!  And the bee, too!  I really like the felt one as well.  I've been wanting to work more with felt lately.

Sakuracat, that hinkypunk latern is great! Smiley  

And JennieIngram, the quilt is truly lovely!  I love the colours you chose - so boyish and cute!  Do you free-motion quilt?  Your pickles look mouth-watering.  If my youngest were there, they'd be gone in a flash.  Pickles are one of her very faves! Smiley

I'm resolving to do better at checking in so I can comment better on all the excellent things my fellow students are making.  Such inspiration! Smiley

I'm SUPER excited about the Quidditch challenges!  WOW! Cheesy
« Last Edit: July 27, 2013 06:22:34 AM by Moonflame » THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Moonflame
pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #719 on: July 27, 2013 06:44:39 AM »

To call a Bingo with Quidditch, do we need to complete seeker, beater, chaser, keeper, broomstick AND cheering/spirit, or just one of them?

I'm also wondering: for SPEW, could I craft something for my mother's neighbours? These people have been through a lot of junk in their lives already (a lot of it of their own making, but they really are underprivileged. The mom is an analfabetic who needs somebody to dial the phone number to make a call!) but after fifteen years of debt-settlement, they are finally debt-free since a couple months. But two days ago, the father's son from his first marriage stole their debit card and spent and withdrew the remainder and lion's part of father's pension (about €800). Apparently, as a child, you cannot steal from your parents (at least, you can't be criminally sued, it has to go by the civil court) so the police was unable to do anything for them. They can't even pay their rent this month! It's safe to say that I don't like these people, but I am really, really shocked by what has happened. Mom & dad, their son, daughter-in-law and their 18 month old baby largely depend on that pension, which is around half of the entire family's income!

I'm thinking of making them several meals (especially for the baby!) so that they can spend the money they have left on utilities and rent so they don't build up new debts.

BINGO QUESTION: You must complete all the Quidditch EVENTs one time to fill in that square, so seeker, beater, chaser, keeper, broomstick AND cheering/spirit.

SPEW QUESTION: From what you propose above, I would count that as SPEW work.  I'm sending blessings their way.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2013 07:03:52 AM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 110 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Basic Tips for Operating a Monster Puppet
How to Make Plant Markers Out of Spoons
Capri Style Table Decoration
How to Dress Your Table with Bread and Nuts
Center of the Table Decoration
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...