A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,892
Currently Running With Scissors:
559 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 110
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED-HP Craftalong ~Summer Semester 2013~  (Read 110064 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Ant Bee
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Expecto Procrastinatum!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #680 on: July 23, 2013 12:51:05 PM »

Challenge: July Detention
House: Slytherin
Project: Granny 'Ghan
Description: I've been working on this one for along while. It was my go-to when Ineeded a yarny pallete  cleanser between knitted blocks.  It was supposed to be a stash-buster, but like most of my stash-busters it ended up needing more purchases to be completed.  In the end (with a bit of fancy stitch switchery) I managed to finish it at about 54" square and less than 10" remaining. Victory!  I loved the colors (It's Michael's loops&threads brand "Earth Ombre") and the blanket will be going to my sister's house as her knit/crochet blankets have moved out in the divorce (Having been made by her soon to be ex-in-laws.)

In process pic:

Finished pic: (Dog not included)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013 12:52:54 PM by Ant Bee » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harry witnessed Professor McGonagall walking right past Peeves who was determinedly loosening a crystal chandelier and could have sworn he heard her tell the poltergeist out of the corner of her mouth 'It unscrews the other way.
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
patty_o_furniture

May the force be ever in your favor, Mr. Potter.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #681 on: July 23, 2013 01:28:00 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: July Quidditch Pork Key
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Mockingjay Bracelet
Project Page Link (if available): -
Brief Description: Made my portkey from a Hunger Games charm bracelet.  It went to the local movie theater to be hidden along side all the muggle trash and popcorn.  Hopefully it camouflages well against the Catching Fire poster.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Divination
Project Name: Girl on Fire Bracelet
Project Page Link (if available):
Brief Description: Made this bracelet inspired by the Hunger Games.  The beads are in shades of red, orange, and yellow for fire for Katniss, the girl on fire.
Project Picture

THIS ROCKS   Logged

travelgirl
« Reply #682 on: July 23, 2013 04:01:53 PM »

Hello all
I've been super uninspired crafting wise lately so mostly just chugging away on my newt and  lurking at all the wonderful projects that have been posted. But a great sale at the grocery store gave me some motivation to complete my Herbology homework

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Herbology
Project Name: Cherry sorbet
Project Page Link (if available): :
Brief Description: (how it fits the requirements, pattern/techniques/recipe used, any fun tips, etc.) It's been hot and I love ice cream but never seem to have whole milk on hand, and once made the disastrous mistake of using 2% milk (never again!) and it was bad. So what's a girl to do when it's hot you want ice cream and there's no milk? Make sorbet!
Project Picture:

This stuff is crazy easy to make if you have an ice cream maker (maybe even if you don't but I can't vouch for that)

Cherry sorbet Recipe
2lbs cherries
1 cup water
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp lemon juice

Pit and slice cherries, combine with other ingredients in a pot
Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer and cook until the cherries are soft and mushy about 15 minutes
Next let the liquid cool and puree it in a blender or with an immersion blender.
Place in the fridge to chill throughly then freeze according to your ice cream makers directions.
Since my maker tends to make soft serve I always put it in another container to freeze overnight so it's nice and hard.
eat and enjoy! makes about 1 quart.

and since I've found some crafting inspiration I'm going to propose an owl

~*OWL PROPOSAL HEADER*~
OWL Subject & Option(if available): Arithmancy
Project Name: Baby boy biscuit quilts
Brief Description: (how it fits the requirements, pattern/techniques used, materials using, plan of action, expected timeline, etc.) I've had a picture of a biscuit/ puff quilt pinned for ages and now have the perfect opportunity to use the design! A friend is having identical twin boys in october so I propose for my owl to create two of these puff quilts each using 7 different fabrics. It will probably take me a week to plan and cut quilt squares, two weeks to assemble the squares and then a week to put it all together and bind them. 

THIS ROCKS   Logged
teag
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #683 on: July 23, 2013 04:55:38 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Bertie Bott's every flavor bean
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Watermelon flower necklace and barrette

Brief Description:polymer clay cane flower petals and glass beads

THIS ROCKS   Logged

pottermouth

I like Kit-Kat, unless I'm with 4 or more people.

« Reply #684 on: July 24, 2013 02:08:12 PM »

Way to go on your Granny Ghan, Ant Bee! Looks great!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

patty_o_furniture

May the force be ever in your favor, Mr. Potter.

« Reply #685 on: July 24, 2013 02:35:33 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: House Unity
Project Name: Butterbeer Sauce & Floats
Project Page Link (if available): -
Brief Description: What is better than ice cream to bring the houses together?  Butterbeer Floats!  Made a caramel/butterscotch sauce and added edible magic stars to the sauce and used it with homemade ice cream and cream soda for some delicous butterbeer floats.  These brought together Hufflepuffs, Slytherins, and Gryffindors all for a smiling good time.  (Sorry, Ravenclaw was at work, but I figured I could get away with three of the four houses.  I can toss a sundae in front of him later if I need to LOL) 
Project Picture:

Look at those happy house unified smiles!

~~for a fun off topic.  The girls had a friend over and they were playing "Harry Potter Classes".  I could hear them in their room playing magical creatures or charms classes.  Was cute! They were even all dressed up and everything, but they disrobed before the pic. So I got everything ready in potion bottles to make homemade GAK and told them to come to the kitchens for potions class.  Then I had them pour and mix the potion ingredients (dragon tears and powdered unicorn horn and such) together and they made it.  (Green bottle in front of them).  When they were done we went to the Three Broomsticks for Butterbeers!  After that they went to compete in the Triwizard tournament water challenge in our backyard kiddie pool.  Girls loved it.  Anyway, just a fun story!

Class/Challenge/House Pride: BINGO
Brief Description: G Down
HoM --salve
Unity--sauce
Potions--mixes
Bean--bath salts
Dada--can stove
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Naantje
« Reply #686 on: July 24, 2013 04:28:15 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Apparition
Project Name: Experimental expired can curry
Project Page Link: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=425870.0#axzz2a0Wme4ai
Brief Description:
I'm staying at my mum's, doing chores for her while being on hand to fit my wedding dress. Today, I sorted through her pantry, finding all the expired / soon to expire cans and mystery cans without labels. I hate tossing food though and it's a fact that most canned goods remain perfectly edible for quite a while after passing the expiration date noted on the tin. I opened all cans to check which goods were still edible, and while I had to throw out some food (bamboo shoots that expired in 2007!) I did find plenty that was still okay. I let those canned goods inspire me to make this curry, supplemented with some bell peppers that shouldn't spend much more time in the fridge and some chicken. It was definitely experimental cooking, but the end result is very tasty, I'm pleased with myself. The expired cans have disappeared from the pantry, a large pot of curry and a pot of rice have appeared in the fridge to last us the rest of the week, simply microwave it! (Good thing too, as we're having a heat wave. Normal temperatures for Belgium in summer range between 18C and 25C, but for over a week now, we're way past that. The last five days, we've had temperatures above 34C in the shadow. Two days ago, we measured 48C in the sun and 36C in the shadow! Probably peanuts for Texas-dwellers, but we're definitely not used to this heat!)
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 in '14

Calling all talented witches and wizards to join us in the Winter Semester of the Harry Potter Craftalong.
TechnicolorAquahearts

Proud Slytherin in the HP Summer Craftalong!

« Reply #687 on: July 24, 2013 06:22:34 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Quidditch Cup- Portkey
Project Name: Coffee Zombie ATC

Brief Description: This little ATC is an unfortunate cup of coffee that has turned into a coffee zombie. I thought he would fit in well as a portkey hidden inside starbucks where the zombified masses come to get their fix.

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Apparition
House:Slytherin
Project Name: Sticker Slaps

Brief Description: Stickerslaps are a movement among street artists and urban artists. Basically you scavenge free stickers from places like the post office or blank name tag stickers and you make art on them and them slap them up where ever you feel inclined. Disclaimer: Sticker slaps like other forms of street art may or may not be used in ways that involve having permission to place art wherever you choose. I am sure that as good students of hogwarts we always want to abide by whatever laws are in place where we live. So use caution when casting this creative spell. This its the assignment because I had some blank stickers hanging around that I made disappear and in their place these finished pieces of sticky art appeared.

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Study of Ancient Runes
House:Slytherin
Project Name: Death By Chocolate Mug Cake
Project Page Link (if available): Recipe can be found at this link, I substituted chocolate chunks for the caramels because I had chocolate but no caramels. It turned out awesome! http://www.babble.com/best-recipes/2-minute-chocolate-salted-caramel-mug-cake/

Brief Description: It was my mom's birthday this week and I wanted to make her something special that was better than ye old cupcakes from a box plan. We are usually really tight financially in the summer so I didn't have money to take her out, but this recipe was incredibly cheap to make with materials I already had on hand and it turned out so delicious that I would buy it at a restaurant. It fits the class because I made it for the generous purpose of giving my mom a handmade treat for her birthday.

Read more: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=424033.0#ixzz2a0wZ1Osa
THIS ROCKS   Logged

etsy: www.lynnaquaheart.e tsy.com
Like me on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/AquaheartStudios
Follow Me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/LynnAquaheart
I have a blog about all things creative! http://lynnaquaheart.blogspot.com
Ant Bee

Expecto Procrastinatum!

« Reply #688 on: July 24, 2013 06:36:18 PM »

Way to go on your Granny Ghan, Ant Bee! Looks great!

Thanks, Pottermouth! I do like that yarn. (And, having done up this blanket I'm off the hook for the O.W.L. quilt for August. Now I will give it the new (old) goal of being a Christmas gift. One of these days...)

I'm having wicked trouble with my internet so tomorrow the laptop and I are going on a fieldtrip and I will be able to comment properly on the amazing things the HPC summer students have been posting.

Yay, other people's internets!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harry witnessed Professor McGonagall walking right past Peeves who was determinedly loosening a crystal chandelier and could have sworn he heard her tell the poltergeist out of the corner of her mouth 'It unscrews the other way.
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
jenleahlynn
« Reply #689 on: July 25, 2013 07:21:50 AM »

class-divination
house-gryffendor
project-fire color tie dye

panda bear was doing tie dye sheets for her bedroom, and with the six colors she used, we had lots  of dye left over. we did several shirts, incuding this one that i sent in the kids swap-

the purple dye came out reddish and with the yellow dye, and the spiral pattern
it reminded me of a roaring fire. i was so glad to hear the the recipient liked it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jenleahlynn

harry potter craft along- winter semester
2013-art journal along
journal prompt swap
shop the swap winter
breaking dawn swap
ongoing atc swap
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 110 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Use the Toolbox in InDesign CS3
How to Use the Zoom Tool in After Effects CS3
How to Use the Zoom Tool in Flash CS3
How to View Rulers in Flash
How to Whiten Teeth and Eyes in Photoshop
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Stamping
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Jose Romussi
Tute Tuesday: Imprinting on Concrete

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...