A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,065
Currently Running With Scissors:
411 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 110
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED-HP Craftalong ~Summer Semester 2013~  (Read 116905 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

tiamatfire
« Reply #650 on: July 21, 2013 09:39:55 AM »

Excited for the Quidditch cup, hopefully I'm feeling well enough to get some stuff done!

So many more great things!  Especially your little Victor, Maman.  What a cutie!

I didn't get to update for Advanced Studies Friday, so I thought I'd put up a few pictures.

NEWT: Harry Potter Quiet Book

Here we have most of the "Open the Chamber of Secrects" - the zipper ends will be covered once I sew them down to the page.  I'm not sure what to put behind.  Maybe a basilisk fang?

The orange piece is for "What is Ron's favourite Quidditch team?".  It's a puzzle of the Chudley Cannons shield.  All the pieces are appliqued down, and the orange pieces are backed with another piece of orange felt and blanket-stitched together for strength.

OWL: Still working on the sleeves.  For some reason they are WAYYY too narrow so I've had to rip them back twice and might need to do it a third time.  It's weird because the body is a bit big.

Oh and if there's time I'd like to submit the nausea popsicles I made for the Blackberry Bean Smiley

Challenge: Bertie Botts - Blackberry Bean
House: Gryffindor
Name: Morning sickness popsicles

I've had some pretty nasty bouts of morning sickness with this pregnancy so far, and I found a recipe on pinterest that was supposed to help.

Approximate recipe is:

~ 2 pints of strawberries, washed, hulled and quartered
Handful of blueberries
At least a tablespoon of fresh grated ginger
Tablespoon of honey
1 banana
Good squirt of lime juice

She also suggested adding in yoghurt but I couldn't face that at the time.

They are very tasty, and I've sometimes been able to eat something else after having one of these popsicles, so I'd say they're a success!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I do love knitting patterns!" - Albus Dumbledore

Harry Potter Craftalong: Spring Semester!
jenleahlynn
« Reply #651 on: July 21, 2013 10:34:56 AM »

my daughter is eager to attend hogwarts, but as she hasn't gotten her letter yet, i'm letting her post from my account.

from panda bear

class-herbology
house-hufflepuff
project-grandmas chocolate covered cherries

i love cherries and i love chocolate so chocolate covered cherries are the perfect treat for me. i had fun making these with my sisters.   Grin

marichino cherries are rolled in powdered sugar, butter, and cherry juice and dipped in melted chocolate chips. her great grandmother made these every christmas. ours taste just as good, but hers were prettier.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jenleahlynn

harry potter craft along- winter semester
2013-art journal along
journal prompt swap
shop the swap winter
breaking dawn swap
ongoing atc swap
ErinAquaheart
« Reply #652 on: July 21, 2013 12:27:25 PM »

well. Since our home computer died it has been much harder to keep up with my posts and this awesome fast-paced thread! I am loving all the projects! That little bird is amazing! I just want to steal him.  Cheesy My blackberry bean is just a teensy bit "late." I had to wait until the library opened so that I could use the wifi to post! But ya! Here it is!

Challenge: Bertie Bott's Bean: Blackberry
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Yummy Cupcake Pendant Necklace
Project Description: There is a woman who makes the most amazing cupcakes at a local bakery. She uses juices and fresh fruits to flavor her cake and frostings. During the farmer's market season she has a booth and I can't help buying one everytime I go to the market.  Even when I shouldn't. Roll Eyes So I made a pendant to remind me of her excellent cupcakes. I chose pink because I love her strawberry frosting more than anything. And the aqua heart....well that's just for me.  Wink

And a detail.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TechnicolorAquahearts

Proud Slytherin in the HP Summer Craftalong!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #653 on: July 21, 2013 12:40:23 PM »

It's been a several days since I have been able to post here because some mean lightning killed our home computer forcing me to have to wander around finding free wifi. Anyway, everyone has submitted such amazing projects! I have to say I absolutely love the craftalong it has become a part of my life always making me smile  Cheesy

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Blackberry Bean
Project Name: Super tasty light celery and carrot soup
Brief Description: It fits the requirements because it contains fresh celery and carrots that can be found at a farmers market.
Project Picture:

The recipe is simple: 2c Broth of your choice (bullion, chicken, chikn, or veggie) mine is chicken bullion, three stalks of celery cut into pieces, and 2 oz of carrots also cut into pieces, cajun seasoning. This recipe is highly customizable you could add some rice noodles or any seasoning you wanted. As I made it the whole pot had only 50 calories which made it a perfect comfort food to add to any meal with out raising the calories or carbs too much.

Class/Challenge/House Pride: August detention
Project Name: Doggie Dress Do Over
Brief Description: I have had this ugly dress for my new puppy hanging around for a few weeks, before I altered it, it was just a plain brown print which looked dirty due to some unfortunate shading, but I bought it anyway because it was on clearance for super cheap and I knew I could do something to it to make it better.

Project Picture:

All it took was a little fabric paint and some sparkle to make it pop!

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Care Of Magical Creatures
Project Name: A Dodo Drawing
Brief Description: This is a pencil drawing of a dodo. I am constantly working with the theme of distinctive animals an extinct animals in my art work. A dodo is very distinctive and fits the assignment because it is a bird and has feathers.

Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

etsy: www.lynnaquaheart.etsy.com
Like me on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/AquaheartStudios
Follow Me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/LynnAquaheart
I have a blog about all things creative! http://lynnaquaheart.blogspot.com
noodle-bug
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

equal parts love and evil laughter

« Reply #654 on: July 21, 2013 01:37:55 PM »

great projects guys - that cupcake pendant is super cute
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
ntrebleagain

I see no good reason to act my age.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #655 on: July 21, 2013 02:32:05 PM »

::Hoping the headmistresses aren't too annoyed with late submissions yet, as I slip mine in the stack of parchment.::

Challenge: Bertie Bott's Bean - Blackberry
House: Slytherin!
Project Name: Banana bread muffins with chocolate chips
Project Page Link (if available): Well, it's been adapted some from a banana bread recipe I got ages ago, so here's the recipe for the muffins themselves:

1/2 cup butter
1 cup white sugar
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
3 very ripe mashed bananas
1 tablespoon pure vanilla
3/4 cup chocolate chips (I used a mixture of regular and minis.)

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Lightly grease muffin pan. I lined them with sugar instead of using cups.
    In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar and add vanilla. Add flour, baking soda and salt. Blend in the mashed bananas. Stir in the chocolate chips. Pour batter into prepared pan.
    Bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until it tests done with a toothpick.

I ended up with 16 muffins, but I was trying to keep them on the small side. You could easily make it 12 and have them big and puffy.  Wink

Brief Description: My PaPa bought a box of bananas and I had to make something with my bunch before they went bad! A lot more got put up in the freezer for smoothies! Wink
Project Picture:
I meant to take one with a cut open or bitten one so y'all could see the inside of them, but every time I started eating one I forgot about the picture... whoops.  Cheesy
So here's the only one I got that I posted to my Hipstergram yesterday-
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013 02:36:23 PM by ntrebleagain » THIS ROCKS   Logged
teag
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #656 on: July 21, 2013 02:44:56 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Herbology
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name:Cherry scones

Small Batch baking Cherry scones (makes 4)

Small Batch baking Cherry scones (makes 4)

preheat oven 450

combine in a small bowl;
2/3 C flour
1/2 teaspoon
1 teaspoon sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt

Stir in:  1/4 Cup chopped cherries, fresh or dried (I used Fresh)

Add:
1 egg
2 Tablespoons cream or milk

Divide mixture into four -Drop by large spoonfuls onto a baking sheet. Bake @ 450 for 15-20 minutes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #657 on: July 21, 2013 03:01:08 PM »

:::To give her wand a rest after a crazy bout of crafty magic, pinkleo grabs her trusty Magic Quill for another update.:::

Welcome to Hogwarts New Students Ravenclaw VegJess and Hufflepuff panda bear!  Help can always be found at Hogwarts for those who need it.  Do not hesitate in asking questions.  You can post your queries within this thread, or you can PM your headmistresses pinkleo and jennieingram.  Have fun, and I can't wait to see all your crafty magic! Grin

~*SPEW ((HUGS))*~
midkiffsjoy: Days for Girls is amazing charity.  ((HUGS)) for making Moon Pads!
((HUGS)) lelyonna for your cutie booties!

~*Advanced Studies*~
Way to Go pattyO on completing your SoAR NEWT!
Added tiamatfire's Alchemy NEWT.  tia, it sounds amazing!
Way to Go jennie on completing your Astronomy NEWT!
Added lelyonna's HoM OWL.  I can't wait to see your costume!
Added jennie's MS NEWT.  Sounds SUPER DELISH!

~*BINGO Shouts*~
jennieingram: 3rd Row Across, 4th Row Across, N Down

~*Quidditch Update*~
*New Portkeys registered: Audania1, ErinAquaheart, jennieingram, midkiffsjoy, netchez, pinkleo, pottermouth, tiamatfire

Portkey Challenge ends July 26th!  Don't forget to score for your house!  And remember that SPEW bonus applies for the Quidditch Cup; these extra points could secure the win for your team.
Scores
Gryffindor: 100 pts, 3 players
Hufflepuff: 75 pts, 4 players
Ravenclaw: 195 pts, 8 players
Slytherin: 115 pts, 6 players

~*Notices & Inquiries*~
@jenleahlynn: For your Divination, is your submission pics of fire?  Not clear on your crafty project.  Thanks in advance for your help. Grin
@TechnicolorAquahearts: You must be seeing into the beyond because August's Detention hasn't been posted yet.  Where would you like to submit your Doggie Dress Do-Over?

~*Smiles & Joy*~
@Abbee: Wondrous Draconifors Spellwork. Grin
@Ant Bee: Your SPEW Review Cheesy ...I just love you to pieces! Kiss
@Audania1: mmmm...Spiced Cider...yum
@BadWolf: Your Raspberry Muffins look YUM-O! Kiss for recipe.  Fabulous July Detention! (I love all the socks!)
@CraftyLadyMJ: Fab Yoga Bag and LOVE the socks! Grin
@DragonChilde: Absolutely adore your Worry Wisp, clever twist on worry dolls.  I love its cage; one can never be too safe with a wisp.
@ErinAquaheart: lovely beadwork on your Shooting Stars and your NEWT is looking amazing. Adore your portkey! Grin
@jenleahlynn: Such sweet cards!!!  I know your daughter loved them all! Grin
@jennie: Way to ROAR on completing ALL the classes!  And what a fabulous NEWT.  Your Star Quilts are just lovely.
@lelyonna: Oh, those chuck booties...so very cute...I couldn't pick a fave because I love them all!
@midkiffsjoy: Goddess Pumpkin's Beaded Collar of Immortality is fantastic...worthy of such a goddess. Cool  And your Berry Bean desciption..just LOVE!
@Moonflame: lovely dishcloth
@Naantje: You know how much I adore your red bunny cuddle Cool
@noodle-bug: Monster Hoopla with Zombie Ducky...what can I say but it's awesome! Cheesy  And clever use of shiny in your Flying. Cool
@netchez: your pickles sounds delish, and love your portkey! Cool  And your OWL is looking great. Grin
@ntrebleagain: Bourbon Cherries...oh yum...I've been meaning to get my Cherry Bounce ready; note to self: go liquor shopping!  And you are all sorts of good with your bean submission time, no worries. Grin and Kiss for recipe!
@pattyO: I have to say again...Your NEWT is A-MAZ-ING!
@pottermouth: love, love, love your portkey Hagrid Cork-key adventures! Grin
@teag: Strawberry strusel muffins & Cherry Scones...YUMMY! Kiss for recipes.  And FAB HP links; thanks for sharing. And your rocking steampunk bird Shocked  just WOW!
@TechnicolorAquahearts: mmmm... your soup looks divine and fabulous dodo drawing
@tia: CONGRATULATIONS! Grin Your booties are so sweet, and I must give your energy bites a whirl. Kiss for recipe link.
@VegJess: So happy to have you join us!  And what a thoughtful & beautiful prayer blanket.  Sending blessings to the little one and family.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013 03:06:51 PM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

pottermouth

I like Kit-Kat, unless I'm with 4 or more people.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #658 on: July 21, 2013 03:20:57 PM »

Maman, looks like Victor is nearly ready for his first broom (He's huge!!) Beautiful baby.

Abbee, during my t-shirt quilt experience I found that wonkiness adds to the charm of it. At least that's what I told myself. If I were you I'd avoid t-shirt material for the binding because there will inevitably be some stretching. Ask Headmistress jennie, she has a wealth of quilty knowledge! Looking fab so far!

jennie, I must have missed the post where you told everyone how you made/where you purchased the tiny Anglia. I need a hundred of them. And this one is my fave too, after my Flying Carpet.

lelyonna, the fuzzy Chucks are great!

pinkleo, cherry juice dye? So cool! What are you going to make?

teag, OH WOW. Love the steampunk rocking bird! Very creative!!!

netchez, the blackwork is beautiful. I love that your grandchildren have a HP room!

CraftyLadyMJ, aren't you glad you spilled that dragon breath? Your socks are very cool, I mean HOT!

midkiffsjoy, looking great on your quilt block! Moon pads. So very awesome.

AnnoyingBigSister, Fruit Basket without the Basket. Love it!

I know I have two more pages of commenting, but I smell something burning.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #659 on: July 21, 2013 03:31:36 PM »

~*Notices & Inquiries*~
@TechnicolorAquahearts: You must be seeing into the beyond because August's Detention hasn't been posted yet.  Where would you like to submit your Doggie Dress Do-Over?

pinkleo is quite correct.  I have not posted August's Detention prompt yet.  And this time it will be a miscellaneous prompt, rather than a work-in-progress.  Everyone will just have to wait to find out what I've got up my sleeve for that one!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong - Summer Semester

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 110 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decoupaged Table Top
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...