A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 302,308
Currently Running With Scissors:
540 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 110
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED-HP Craftalong ~Summer Semester 2013~  (Read 142595 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*Harry Potter Craftalong Headmistress*~

Beware the power of my Sonic Seam Ripper!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #640 on: July 20, 2013 04:17:15 PM »

jennieingram If you have any questions, feel free to contact me. I am not so knowledgeable on pickles and condiments but I am very familiar with infusions (an infusion using alcohol is called a tincture, an infusion is usually water). I mostly make infusion and the like for medicinal purposes.

Thanks DragonChilde!  Smiley  I've actually done cordials several times before, and infused alcohols are really not all that different.  Cordials just require sugar in addition to the fruit and alcohol.  This one is unsweetened and I'm going to see how I like it in comparison to those.  Also, I'm pretty sure that the terms 'tincture' or 'tisane' only refers to infusing herbs for medicines.  Alcohols that are for fun drinking are frequently referred to as infused spirits or infusions.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AnnoyingLittleBrother
« Reply #641 on: July 20, 2013 08:47:34 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Bertie Bott's Blackberry
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Origami Watermelons
Project Page Link (if available):
Brief Description: (how it fits the requirements, pattern/techniques/recipe used, any fun tips, etc.)  For my blackberry project, I made these.  I had lots of fun playing with the patterns I have. I hope you like them. Smiley
Project Picture:
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013 08:50:11 PM by AnnoyingLittleBrother » THIS ROCKS   Logged
pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #642 on: July 20, 2013 08:49:05 PM »

~Quidditch Cup News~

Hello Players!  Your coaches are prepping for the upcoming Quidditch Cup events.  Please review the following notices.  If you have any questions, please PM pinkleo and jennieingram.  And keep an eye on the Summer Quidditch Cup Page for updates.  Thank you, and I look forward to a wonderful game at the pitch!  ~Blessed Be, pinkeo

*NOTICES*

--Keep in mind that the Quidditch Cup Deadlines will be strictly enforced.  All enchantments and protections spells will end precisely on August 17, 2013 at 11:59pm CT.

--All HPC rules apply for Quidditch events!  Please refresh yourself of these guidelines; they are located first page, first post.

--Remember projects for the HPC should represent your best crafty skills.  Take pride in your work.

--Submissions should take a minimum of 30 minutes to make.

--Incomplete or partial projects will not be accepted.

--No WIPs are allowed for the Quidditch Cup. 

--All submissions need to be created during the game, from July 27 to August 17.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftyLadyMJ

A crafting I'll go...

View Profile
« Reply #643 on: July 20, 2013 11:34:45 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride:Bertie Botts Bean Blackberry
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Blackberry Window Sign
Project Page Link (if available):
Brief Description: I was out and about shopping today and ended up in the gardening selection at Homedepot. I went there for a bigger piece of tile to bake my clay pieces on, then I remembered the bean. So wandering in the garden selection checking out the plants and then I saw something that caught my eye. It was a little blackberry plant in a bucket. Sadly I didnt get it because I didnt have enough for it, but I am going back for it. So since I plan on buying a few berry plants in the upcoming weeks I made this sign to hang in the window where I plan on setting the buckets by. When the fruit is ready to eat everyone will know Fresh Berries All You Can Eat.

This project I tried a few new things, I added paint, flowers, and I made some pretty nice looking berries. I used baking clay, glaze, white paint/brush, green Christmas hooks for wire, eye pins, clay oven, and tiny letter stamps. I also ran out of space on the berry tile so it just says berry, instead of berries. Hopefully when people see it they will understand. 

PS
    Sorry no window pics, I just finished.

This evening I finally got a chance to read a few pages and everyone been real busy. So much crafty goodness.
Wow, owl, cork, peg man, shoes, bookmark, square, and necklace portkeys very clever. Im stilling deciding what and where to place my portkey. Ahh...time running out too...grumble, grumble to self and wanders off to think of a good portkey.

Pinkleo: Congratulation on finishing your Newt it look so amazing and I wish I was receiving it. Smiley

Ant Bee: Love the Buffy Vampire Slayer square, now I wanna watch the show again. Smiley

netchez: Wow. Watermelon rind preserves I have never heard of it before now I must tell my mom about this so next time she cans I can toss in some rinds too.

lelyonna: Yummy looking jam and so cute little chucks.

MamanTattoo: I take my hat off to you, because you are so crafty you are making little people. Lol, I saw this somewhere online and thought it fit perfectly for you and all the mommies on here.

teag: The posters look great, cant wait to see them in color.

midkiffsjoy: Cute market square and I never knew they sold homes for spiders interesting.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Summer HPC 2013
No more cellphone headaches!
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #644 on: July 21, 2013 05:33:29 AM »

Note from the Deputy Headmistress....

A new Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Bean Mini-Challenge has been posted!  

What's this week's bean!?!?  Take the Portkey to the Deputy Headmistresses Office to find out!  And while you're there be sure to check out the inspiration projects from all around Craftster.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #645 on: July 21, 2013 05:59:00 AM »

Note from the Deputy Headmistress...

Not sure about all of you, but I for one am extremely excited to start the Quidditch Cup!   Cheesy  

As your Deputy Headmistress (or McGonagall stand-in) however, I must stress that these rules will be taken very seriously by both pinkleo and myself.  We did run into problems last year in which a very small few, eager and excited players focused more on quantity of projects, rather than quality.  All projects posted in the HPC must take a minimum of 30 minutes of crafty time.  

If you have found that a project went faster than you imagined it would, feel free to create a second small item to go with it.  For example, a pair of earrings only takes me about 10-15 minutes to make, so I might make two pairs at the same time. Or a pair of earrings and a quick pendant. Smiley  As an alternate example, folding a piece of torn notebook paper in half and calling it a bookmark will not count.  Undecided  But an intricately folded piece of stunning origami art certainly could.   Smiley  The focus here is on crafting to the best of your ability.  

We will be watching all Quidditch submissions carefully, and conferring with one another, as well as with the 'player', if we have questions about a project.  If we were to PM with a question about a submission, please do not take it personally.  We are only doing our level best to be fair to ALL players on ALL teams, and are probably just curious about your crafting process.

Finally, please note that while pinkleo & I both happen to be on the same team, and like anyone else on the planet, we would enjoy if our team *happened* to win, we take our positions as impartial judges very seriously.  We have far more fun setting up and running the HPC, and watching all of you go crafty-crazy, than we do in winning an imaginary game.  If you have a question or a concern about the game, please feel free to send an owl to BOTH of us, and we will answer as soon as we possibly can.  If it takes a few hours, or a day to get back to you, please know that we are not ignoring you, nor are we mad at you.  We are simply busy, and want to give your question our full attention.  Smiley  By sending the PM to BOTH of us, you are actually ensuring a faster response, as one of us will probably get to it sooner than the other.

*NOTICES*
--Remember projects for the HPC should represent your best crafty skills.  Take pride in your work.

--Submissions should take a minimum of 30 minutes to make.

--Incomplete or partial projects will not be accepted.

--No WIPs are allowed for the Quidditch Cup.  

--All submissions need to be created during the game, from July 27 to August 17.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013 06:52:52 AM by jennieingram » THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

« Reply #646 on: July 21, 2013 07:50:16 AM »

Sending you ((HUGS)) and ♥ LOVE ♥ jennie!
You are the best!!!! Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pottermouth

I like Kit-Kat, unless I'm with 4 or more people.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #647 on: July 21, 2013 08:36:19 AM »

Dang! I forgot to post my Blackberry Bean! (A yummy veggie dish of broccoli and pasta,  Sad) Well, maybe I can get the new bean done and posted before I forget.

Here's my casserole anyway:

So excited for Quidditch  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

« Reply #648 on: July 21, 2013 08:42:43 AM »

@pottermouth: My bean timelines aren't as strict...your casserole looks DELISH!  Add a recipe/recipe link/recipe source and the points and bean are all yours! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pottermouth

I like Kit-Kat, unless I'm with 4 or more people.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #649 on: July 21, 2013 09:16:24 AM »

Ooooh, yay!

Challenge: Bean Challenge, Blackberry
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Mini Broccoli and Pasta Casserole
Brief Description: Ran across Martha Stewart's Meatless: More Than 200 of the Very Best Vegetarian Recipes/i] at our library and had DS choose a recipe for dinner. Being a teenager, he closed his eyes, flipped through the book, and pointed at this recipe. This was done while in the grocery store parking lot. Tried it out, and is was really tasty! The only thing I changed was the bread crumbs; I added crushed Ritz crackers instead.
See pic above.

Mini Broccoli and Pasta Casserole

2 slices whole wheat sandwich bread
1 head broccoli (about 1 pound)
Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
8 ounces whole wheat fusilli pasta
1 tablespoon plus
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
3 tablespoons plus 1 1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon ground mustard
4 cups skim milk (I used whole lactose free milk)
1/4 cup part-skim ricotta cheese, pured in a food processor
1 cup finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Pulse bread in a food processor until fine crumbs form. Transfer to a baking sheet and toast 8 minutes, tossing halfway through.
Cut broccoli into florets, stems peeled and sliced into 1/2-inch pieces. Cook broccoli in a large pot of boiling, salted water until slightly tender, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a bowl using a slotted spoon. Add pasta to pot and cook 2 to 3 minutes less than package instructions. Drain.

Wipe pot clean. Add olive oil and heat over medium. Saut onion, stirring, until translucent, about 7 minutes. Add flour and ground mustard. Cook, stirring, 1 minute. Whisk in milk in a slow, steady stream. Bring to a boil. Cook, whisking, until thickened, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Add cheeses and season with salt and pepper.
Stir broccoli and pasta into sauce. Divide mixture among six 1-cup baking dishes; top with bread crumbs. Bake on a rimmed baking sheet until bubbling and tops are browned, 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool slightly before serving.
Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition information per serving: 337 calories, 7 grams fat (3 g saturated fat), 16 milligrams cholesterol, 49 g carbohydrates, 18 g protein, and 6 g fiber.

Enjoy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 110 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Designer Biography: Roland Mouret - Videofashion
Designer Biography: Chloé - Videofashion
Temperley London - Spring 2014 - Backstage, Interviews & Runway
How To Add A 1920s Flare To Your Wardrobe
See the 10 Best Emmys Dresses of All Time
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Chia Pudding
Spotlight on: Smoothies with Recipe Goodness
Pamper Yourself!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...