A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 296,669
Currently Running With Scissors:
617 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 110
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED-HP Craftalong ~Summer Semester 2013~  (Read 115337 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Helcura
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #560 on: July 12, 2013 08:58:20 PM »

tiamatfire - those booties are soooo cute!  You have a lucky neighbor.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Audania1
Christmas crafting all year round...

Magic always comes with a price

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #561 on: July 12, 2013 09:58:15 PM »

Advanced Studies Friday Update!
Ok, so Ive actually been working on both my NEWT and my OWL!! Holy cow, right? At the beginning of the week I tackled part of my NEWT, choosing the pattern that was going to take the most work to adjust and change to make it the right size. I have every piece redrafted but one and I will be working more on that tonight. My daughter and I also have worked on the doll and have all the body parts sewn together but the head. I will be washing the whole thing tonight and it will be ready for stuffing and stitching up this weekend. Woohoo!!

Class: Divination
Extra Credit: Potions
House: Ravenclaw
Title: Hot Spiced Cider
Link: n/a
Description: I had a bunch of apple juice in my fridge because, for some weird reason, my kiddos didnt want to drink it or (more likely) forgot it was there. So I threw it in a cauldron with some potions ingredients spices, lit the fire underneath and let it simmer for 10 minutes. It was delicious, albeit weird being that its July  Still yummy though!!
Ingredients:
Apple juice
1Tbsp whole cloves (more or less)
Lemon peel
1 Tsp cardamom pods

Potions ingredients:
2 cinnamon sticks, broken in half
inch ginger root, sliced thin

Simmer for ten minutes and strain. Enjoy!!

Class: Quidditch Portkey!
House: Ravenclaw
Title: Watermelon pot holder
Link: n/a
Description: I whipped this little baby up while watching an episode of Supernatural the other night. It was so easy and cute, I might be making more summer themed ones. The place Ive chosen to hide my portkey is near my apartment building behind some bushes that my children have named Dragonfly Valley due to the copious amounts of dragonflies that are always over there and fun to watch.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

midkiffsjoy
« Reply #562 on: July 12, 2013 11:26:33 PM »

I SWEAR I wasn't gone that long this time!!!!  lol  All of a sudden there's SO MANY wonderful projects posted!!!!  Cheesy

Travelgirl- I have some windows like that.... Smiley  Glad you got to it.  It's a cute curtain. Smiley  Love your bookmark. Smiley  We go THROUGH bookmarks at our house!  I love how you beaded it. Smiley

DragonChilde- I love your dragon scale necklace.  O.O  It's GORGOUS!!! Smiley  That is an AMAZING amount of divination methods.  O.O Smiley

CraftyLadyMJ- Omg.  Your friend's birthday gifts are INCREDIABLE!!!  (I like turtles TOO, so I may be a little bias : )  SO ADORABLE!!!! Cheesy 

teag- Your posters sound awesome!  I can't wait to see them.  Cheesy

noodlebug- Your tea bag is sweet!  Smiley  I love the man on the moon charm. Smiley  Your windchime is aMAZing!!!  Your tea infuser is adorable.  So very many shinys !!!  Cheesy I love your tea bag wallet!!!  Did you make the bias tape yourself???  My mom has carried her own tea with her for y e a r s.  That gives me a idea for a GREAT Christmas present for her.  I love your portkey!  That is SUCH an AWESOME idea!!! Smiley  I've never heard of a dish like your detention dish, but I LOVE tomatos, so I bet it was delicious!!!  I've never had curry (but I LOVE little neighrborhoods like that : ) I'm gonna have to bug you for the recipe. Cheesy  I always love seeing your socks!!! Smiley  Seeing your socks have send me in search for tutorials on how to make them. Smiley  I LOVE your Observe, Hack, Make signs!!!!!  THEY. ARE. AWESOME!!!!!

Abbeeroad- I love the necklace you made.  Smiley  It makes me homesick for my Granny who had one a bit like it hanging from the lamp post on her porch for 30 years.  Smiley  (I let annoyingbigsister wear it ONE time..... million pieces.... : )  The lotus pendant is just wonderful. Cheesy  I've never seen anything like it.  Your prayer flag is so peaceful and wonderful. Smiley  Your yarn is pretty and the skelegrow charm is just to die for.  Smiley  SO COOL!!! O.M.G. That zombie plushie is AMAZING!!! Cheesy

jennieingram- Just looking at your quilted mug rug makes the rich taste of coffee envelope my senses.  Smiley  Your bracelet is adorable. Smiley  Where do you find such ingenious lampwork beads???  Your stamps are awesome!  Smiley  I love the Deathly Hollows stamp. Smiley  I love your dishclothes.  They are so pretty. Smiley  Your quilt is brainmelting. Smiley  Love how you mixed pokadots and stripes. Smiley

AugustBell- Your Dumbledore pillow looks like he's doing the wave at a quidditch match!!! Cheesy  LOVE IT!!! Cheesy

Audania1- I love your Spiro hat. Smiley  It's adorable. Smiley  Your scallops look perfect.  You are so lucky to be 10 minutes from your farmers market!  We love shopping at our farmer's market too.  Smiley  (but ours is 30 miles away)  Your fruit salad looks delicious.  Smiley  It really IS the season for corn on the cob!!! Cheesy (We had that tonight. : )  The chicken makes my mouth drool though..... Knew we were forgetting SOMETHING!!! Cheesy  I can't imagine kids not finding apple juice in the fridge.  Lucky though, that cider looks great. Smiley  And I love the watermelon pot holder portkey.

pottermouth- Smiley That's just a cute back story. Smiley  I think your did really well on your crocodile stitches.  Smiley  I've been wanting to try the crocodile stitch for over a year, but I have been too intimidated. I love the colors. Smiley  When I saw your Muggles Studies project I SWEAR I hear oh my...... in George Takei's voice.  Giggle 

Pinkleo- That's a BIG project to get finished!!!  Always great to get out from under big projects like that!!! Cheesy

ntrbleagain- Your desert pedestals are wonderful!  Smiley  I would never have thought to get supplies at the dollar store for them.  Ingenious!!!  Smiley  (And your props make me crave for sweets. Lol : )

Naantje- I love your soap bags. Smiley  I have to felt our soaps to get the boy to use it.  Rofl.  Your bags are ADORABLE! Smiley

PenguinSoup- I love your yarn!!!  Dying fiber is so much fun!!! Cheesy  I recently had a shock when I walked in my kitchen and the kids were making COOL AID out of my FIBER DYES!!!!  rofl  Guess it's all in the perspective. Smiley 

BadWolf314- Your portkey ROCKS!!!  I love macrame. Cheesy  Your muffins are totally droolworthy. Smiley  I bet they smell great too!!! Smiley

patty_o_furniture- Oh WOW!!!  Your Harry Potter Doodle is doolelicious!!!!  AWESOME!!!  Cheesy  I LOVE all the little things there are to see!!!

tiamatfire- There's not much cuter than baby booties. Smiley  Yours are adorable.  I love the pink you used for your dishcloth!!!  Cheesy  It's reminds me of an afghan my mother used to wrap up in. Smiley  Homemade energy bits!!!  How cool!!! Smiley

I SWEAR you guys have been SO BUSY!!! Cheesy 

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Alchemy Class
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Goddess Pumpkin's Beaded Collar of Immortality
Project Page Link (if available): http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=425601.0#axzz2YtyVSKFX
Brief Description: (how it fits the requirements, pattern/techniques/recipe used, any fun tips, etc.) When I researched the peacock I learned that the peacock symbolizes immortality.  A cat, possessing 9 lives, is as close as there is to an immortal animal.  I used iridescent seed beads as the background and pearly white beads for the pattern and border.  The pattern is an never ending infinity symbol, but with one color it looks like the links of a chain wrought with moonbeams has trapped an immortal animal into a mortal form, turning it into a cat. 
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Apparition class
Project Name: Clear tub cold frame
Project Page Link (if available): http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=425600.0#axzz2YtyVSKFX
Brief Description: (how it fits the requirements, pattern/techniques/recipe used, any fun tips, etc.) I needed something to protect my fragile seed starts from roving bands of farm animals and varmints.  I waved my wand and suddenly a clear storage tub dumped it's contents, a sack of concrete flew out of the garage and across the yard. A garden hose danced like a snake answering the call of a flute as the concrete mixed, and then poured in the bottom of the tub.  Old cage wire marched into the greenhouse as the circular saw with a metal cutting blade cut it into a rectangle.  (I hid behind the feed drums hearing the Musician's Apprentice playing in the background)  The dikes cut squares out of the corners, and Jclip pliers attached Jclips to hold the edges together to make a lid for the storage tub like a shoe box lid.  The lid settled on the storage box turned cold frame and the whole contraption came to a whirling stop beside the greenhouse wall.  I liked it so much, I tried it again.  I think my wand may be broken.  Smiley  In either case, as of this morning, I have 23 tomato starts from seed. Smiley
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: *S.P.E.W.*  Days for Girls *S.P.E.W.*
Project Name: Moon pads for girls around the globe
Project Page Link (if available):
Brief Description: (how it fits the requirements, pattern/techniques/recipe used, any fun tips, etc.) These flannel moon pads will enable a girl to not miss school just because she's having her monthly flow.
Project Picture:

I am still working diligently on my O.W.L.  It's kicking my butt though.  Apparently cutting a circle out of a silver teapot is like spreading butter with a hot knife when compared to cutting a ceramic tea pot.  I've gone through countless tool bits with my dremel.  I'll be trying out a new diamond blade this week.  I hope that does the trick.  In the meantime I've been designing, planning, researching, and collecting odds and ends, bits and pieces, for my project.  (I'm so thankful for my full face shield.  Ceramic bits thrown at high speed STING!! Smiley  Here's to hoping the new bit and new week make a bigger dent than I have managed thus far. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster.  Justifying my need for a craft room. Cheesy

Cheesy !!!!Let's go Hufflepuff Let's go!!!! Cheesy
DragonChilde

Head of Slytherin House

View Profile
« Reply #563 on: July 13, 2013 12:36:12 AM »

Everyone's projects are amazing! I really should start leaving individual comments but it is so late right now that I am lucky to be able to turn in these assignments.

midkiffsjoy The divination instruction book will be NEWT-worthy, I think, but as I started it in May it is a WIP and since I am a first year without any OWLs I cannot submit a NEWT... That's alright though.

Class/Challenge/House Pride: DADA
House: Slytherin
Project Name: A Wisp of a Worry
Project Page Link: N/A
Brief Description: This is a hinkypunk that tried to lead me astray and I, though slightly unsure in my path, managed to capture it. I built a compicated cage for it for my Arithmancy assignment. I have found that this will-o'-the-wisp makes a good listener and even functions a little like a worry doll.... The wisp glows at night but I was unable to get an picture showing this.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Arithmancy
Project Name: Worry's Cage
Brief Description: This structure was dangerously complicated to build (I tried at least three different techniques before finding something that would work). I built it to house a will-o'-the-wisp that I caught while out wondering. Not only was it dangerously complicated to construct, a curse breaker would need to be able to contain/neutralize different magical entities. The frame was constructed by lashing lengths of copper wire together and stringing them with bot glow-in-the-dark and UV color change pony beads. The top of the cage holds the wisp's lantern and will allow the wisp and cage to be hung or carried as a lantern. The sides of the cage consist of wire wrapping (imbued with powerful charms and spells) and the bottom is a net made of seed beads. The front panel can be lifted to take out the wisp. Pictures are as follows; the cage with UV sensitive beads activated, and the cage in an indoor situation. I was unable to get a picture showing the cage glowing at night.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: SoAR
Project Name: Pie
Brief Description: In the first project I posted for this semester, I mentioned that my grandmother had died. Tomorrow is her memorial. One of the things that my grandma gifted to me was her pie crust recipe (and lessons on how to make it). Whenever there was any kind of special occasion, my grandmother would bake pies and generously share them with any and everyone. Tonight I made two pies; a berry (my grandmother's signature pie and the one with the woven lattice top), and an apple pie (that has pie crust cut outs in the shape of a heart on top of the top crust). I picked the berries (737g of blueberries and 430g of raspberries, tayberries, and loganberries combined) on the Hogwarts grounds with my cat who would eat any overripe berries ::casts muffliato charm so that only my housemates can hear me, my cat is really my dog (a yellow lab) transfigured into a cat so that I could bring her with me and she adores berries::. The pies will be taken to the memorial tomorrow and are a way of giving a last gift (for now) to my beloved grandma and of sharing something very special with those at the memorial. I really hope this fits for the SoAR assignment but if not let me know and I can submit the pies for something else...
Project Picture:
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013 12:43:55 AM by DragonChilde » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Don't shed a tear for me/I stand alone/This path of destiny/Is all my own ~Blackmore's Night "Olde Village Lanterne"
Spring Harry Potter Craftalong
tiamatfire
« Reply #564 on: July 13, 2013 11:18:42 AM »

@dragonchilde The wisp is cute!  And pie.... must learn to make GF crust!

@midkiffsjoy Beautiful beaded collar!  You're inspiring me to go dig up my beads and make something myself!

@Audania What a pretty potholder!  I think I might just have the stuff to make it too...

I'd like to propose my new NEWT:

NEWT: Alchemy
House: Gryffindor
Name:  Harry Potter Quiet Book

I'll be making a hand-made quiet book for Evie, themed as Harry Potter.  I was inspired by this one: http://juliegillrie.blogspot.ca/2012/10/harry-potter-and-quiet-book.html

Some page ideas I have:

"button Hagrid's coat"
"open the Chamber of Secrets" (zipper)
"cast the spell" (lacing through eyelets in a pattern)
"Knot the devil's snare" (tying)
"make the potion" (putting things in a cauldron pocket)
"Catch the snitch" (follow a path)
"put on your uniform" (velcro)
"who's in the room of requirement?" (finger puppets)

Any other ideas?  Maybe something for counting, braiding, an overall buckle...I want it to be a way for her to practice some fine motor skills, especially stuff in relation to dressing and undressing.

I'll be sewing partially by hand and partially by machine, with embroidery and other embellishments.  I intend to finish it in a couple months and save it for Christmas.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I do love knitting patterns!" - Albus Dumbledore

Harry Potter Craftalong: Spring Semester!
pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #565 on: July 13, 2013 11:58:55 AM »

Class: Flying-SHINY for polish
Gryffie July B-day Celebration: For Harry Cool
House: Gryffindor
Project Name: I Open at the Close
Project Page Link: I Open at the Close...Tiny Snitch Hoopla
Brief Description & Project Pictures:  I made this tiny hoopla for Ant Bee in the OHTPT4.  Finally, the muggle mail delivered it; this snitch went on an adventure. 

I painted the outer hoop blue and adorned it snitches before adding a SHINY finish.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2013 12:44:32 PM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Moonflame
« Reply #566 on: July 13, 2013 03:38:27 PM »

Holy moondrops, Batman!  There are a TON of amazing projects here!  It would take me way too long to comment, but please know that I have been enjoying every sing one of your projects, Fellow Students!!

Here is my Blackberry Bertie Botts Bean:

Cahllenge: Blackberry Bertie Botts Bean
Project Description: This yarn looked to me as if it could have been dyed using blackberry juice, and I used the Fleck Stitch to make it, so it's bumpy like blackberries are.
Project Link: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/fleck-stitch-dishcloth-015
Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Moonflame
Naantje
« Reply #567 on: July 13, 2013 03:40:27 PM »

DragonChilde, my deepest sympathy for your loss. My own grandmother passed away on May 17th, so she's been gone nearly two months now, I understand what you are going through. For me, too, it's therapeutic to craft things in her spirit and to keep her memory alive.

I've got some more classes to turn in!

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Astronomy
Project Name: Crochet coat hanger
Project Page Link: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=425619.0#axzz2YxwaWQnk
Brief Description:
There were a lot of coat hangers to divvy up between the grandchildren when my grandmother passed away, and I volunteered to take the slightly rougher wooden ones which my cousins didn't fancy. I'm not a fan of the modern plastic ones, because my clothes slip off too easily, and for the risk of splinters or damage by the slightly rougher surface, I could just spy with my eyes and dig up a vintage technique my grandmother herself had used in the past. I forfeited the hangers she had crocheted herself (there weren't many left of those) and made my own.

It fits right in with the coathanger cluster assignment for astronomy, especially since the variegated yarn forms nice clusters of different colours.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Transfiguration - Chinese Fireball
Project Name: Rabbit security blanket
Project Page Link: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=425620.0#axzz2Yy0Wkwd8
Brief Description:
I'm afraid I haven't scored Slytherin good points with old McGonaggal. I have been a bit distracted during her classes, and I knew I missed one of my homework assignments. For summer, we were supposed to be focussing on the draconifors spell, but I was still playing catch up from last semester, when we were taught the lapifors spell. Distraught by fear of reprimands of being behind on my studies, I didn't get the focus required for a good transfiguration, and transfigured my ball of yarn into a toy that does have the colour of my assigned subject (the Chinese Fireball), but that is decidedly rabbitlike, even if its ears are rather wonky... I don't really mind what the Gryffindor lady has to say about my work though, I think this rabbit blanky is a lot more cuddlier and thus better suited as an addition to the birth present of my godchild who is due to be born on Harry Potter's birthday!
Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 in '14

Calling all talented witches and wizards to join us in the Winter Semester of the Harry Potter Craftalong.
noodle-bug

equal parts love and evil laughter

« Reply #568 on: July 13, 2013 04:43:51 PM »

Nice projects guys Cheesy

Class: alchemy
House: ravenclaw
ravenclaw extra credit: Divination
Project: nails!
Peacocks are often used to represent vanity - I am channelling that by painting my nails! I'm doing the colour run tomorrow, and wanted suitably bright n funky nails; I've never tried to do more that one colour on a nail before but I had fun - hopefully next time I'll get my lines a little more even

I choose the colours red yellow and blue since they are said to represent The stars, the sun, and the moon - 3 tarot cards of the major arcana

Class: Potions
ravenclaw extra credit: charms
Project: Mini bubblewrap monster
I used bubblewrap to make the 'fabric' of this monster; spray painted it two colours front and back so you can see both as it crinkles - I've never made a 'fabric' like that before, or sewn plastic at all really.

he also has a little zombie duck companion - the duck was taken from a phone charm I found in  the poundshop and painted

Class: SoAR
House: GO EAGLES
Ravenclaw extra credit: astronomy
I made these as a random gift for my cousins husband, since he dropped some really subtle  (hmm....) hints into the conversation a couple of weeks ago Wink He's lovely so I don't mind! Like all my socks, they are knitted on a loom - this time with sale brought noro wool

i choose this wool because the colours reminded me of the aurora. It is possible to see the aurora in the UK if you are lucky, (especially as far north as hogwarts!). but it is a late-summer & early-autumn time spot usually becasue that is the only time of year we tend to get clear enough nights.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
teag
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #569 on: July 13, 2013 06:36:49 PM »

Class: Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans -Blackberry
Project: Strawberry strusel muffins       

Strawberry Streusel muffins                                       Yield 6 lg muffins, 12 regular muffins or 24 small muffins

3/4 Cup All purpose flour
6 Tablespoons Granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon Salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 Tablespoon vegetable oils
1 egg
1/4 Cup milk
1/4 Cup chopped strawberries ( or blueberries, raspberries, blackberries etc)

in a bowl mix together all ingredients except strawberries until just moisten (be careful not to over mix or muffins will be tough) gently fold in strawberries. Fill lined muffin tin 3/4 way full with batter- top with streusel topping (optional)

Bake 400 degree oven 

Large muffin tin 35-40 minutes
Regular muffin tin 20-30 minutes
mini muffin tin 15-20 minutes

Streusel topping

4 teaspoons sugar
2 Tablespoons flour
2 T butter
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon

using fingers mix together  so mixture is in pea sized crumbs- top unbaked batter and bake as directed

Enjoy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 110 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Azure Antoinette Shares a Poem at the IdeaFestival
Devil’s Wake Book Trailer
"All In Good Time": A Poem Read by Jason Sklar
Allison Leotta on Her Latest Thriller Discretion
Lovecraft: Fear of the Unknown
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...