A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,183
Currently Running With Scissors:
428 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 110
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED-HP Craftalong ~Summer Semester 2013~  (Read 117235 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

patty_o_furniture

May the force be ever in your favor, Mr. Potter.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #550 on: July 11, 2013 08:25:11 PM »

newty newty newt!

NEWT Subject: SOAR http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=424033.msg5049506#msg5049506
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Harry Potter Doodle
Project Page Link (if available): http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=425546.0#axzz2YnWSB81e
Brief Description: So here's my NEWT.  It's a doodle with a bunch of Potterisms throughout.  I'm hoping you can decipher the obscure markings with ease!
Project Picture:

bunch more pics at the link if you want more.
And since I finished a tad early I started another, although it may go in the WIP pile for a while

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Liberal Tie-Dyed Tree Hugger

« Reply #551 on: July 12, 2013 07:04:12 AM »

Love it, patty_o! So many details!! Hope we get to see the Hunger Games one as well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BadWolf314

Team Textbook Captain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #552 on: July 12, 2013 08:07:10 AM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Bean - Blackberry
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Raspberry Muffins
Brief Description: I dont know what else says Farmers Market like delicious fresh berries. I cooked some raspberries up into muffins to make them last even longer.
Project Picture:

Ingredients
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
  • 3/4 cup whole milk
  • 1 large egg
  • 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 1/2 cups fresh raspberries

Directions
1.   Heat oven to 400 F. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners or coat it with cooking spray, vegetable oil, or butter.
2.   In a medium bowl, combine 1 3/4 cups of the flour, 1/2 cup of the sugar, the baking powder, and salt. Add the butter and combine. In a second bowl, whisk together the milk, egg, and vanilla. Gradually add the milk mixture to the flour mixture and stir until just combined; the batter will be lumpy. Toss the berries with the remaining flour in a bowl. Gently fold the berry mixture into the batter.
3.   Fill each muffin cup 3/4 full. Sprinkle the batter with the remaining sugar. Bake for 17 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean. Transfer pan to a wire rack to cool for 10 minutes. Serve warm.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Theres no point in being grown up if you cant act a little childish sometimes.
Summer HPC
Summer Nerd Battles!
FiberAlchemist

Wit Beyond Measure

View Profile WWW
« Reply #553 on: July 12, 2013 10:34:16 AM »

PenguinSoup - Beautiful yarn! I'm sure it will scare away any hinkypunks that set eyes on it.

noodle - Your OMH hoops are amazing!  I'm so impressed with your use of multiple hoops.

BadWolf - Great necklace!  Maybe the doctor will show up at the Quidditch World Cup this year!!  And Mmmm.... muffins.

Addee - I love your zombie!   Is his body made of felt?  Because if it is, it's the coolest looking felt I've seen.

Patty_O - That doodle is outstanding!  Shocked I zoomed in on it and looked for all the little hidden details.  Wonderful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #554 on: July 12, 2013 12:24:30 PM »

~*Happy Advanced Studies Friday*~
I know I've missed a few Tongue

My OWL Update: 55 or 80 done (would help if I stopped turning in squares for homework and focused on my OWL...but I get distracted by pretty yarns!)  I will finish this one soon!  Right after my NEWT Wink

My NEWT Update: Only 2 more colors to go before edging...YAY!!!  Love the construction of the ghan, so clever.  I can't wait to show-off my round rainbow. Cool

I am so sure that I'm going to finish these exams soon that I'm planning my next ones. Grin

So, how is your Advanced Studies going?
Don't have an OWL/NEWT?  Today is the perfect day to start one. Cool
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #555 on: July 12, 2013 01:54:26 PM »

Class: Divination
House: Gryffindor
Project Name: Fire Star Dishcloths

Brief Description: In my never ending quest to put away more dishcloths for gift giving, I decided to use some of the warm colors in my stash to create the Fire Star Dishcloths for my fire-loving friend, BJ.  He moved to LA recently, and some of us are putting together a care package for him.  These are going into it, along with the house blend tea from his favorite tea shop in town.  
Project Picture:

Challenge: BINGO

Brief Description: And with that Divination project, I've gotten my first BINGO!  Actually, I've gotten 3 BINGOs at once with that project.  Here they are in list form:

#1. Third row down, across. Charms, Donate Prize, All Classes, Potions, Astronomy  Smiley 
#2. Fourth row down, across.  CoMC, House Pride, Transfiguration, Bertie Bott's, Divination.  Cheesy
#3. Column N, down.  Flying, Herbology, All Classes, Transfiguration, Alchemy  Grin

So, how is your Advanced Studies going?

Good question, glad you asked.  I have completed the binding on one of my two NEWT quilts.  The other one is all ready to be bound.  I'm hoping to work up the energy to pull out my home sewing machine tonight and finish it.   But....  it's so tempting to wait and just do it on Monday at work.  (I hate pulling out my sewing machine at home, because our space is so limited, and my craft desk is dedicated to jewelry making all summer.)  Work has all those beautiful Berninas just sitting there on their counter, and that lovely industrial iron with it's 8' long ironing board...  Plus it's an excuse to slack off at work for 30 minutes!  Wink

Anyways, here's a teaser pic of the completed quilt.  I'll get pictures of both soon, and post when it's completed.

Meanwhile in the land of annoying OWLs....  I cut all my fabric, laid it out to start sewing it, and promptly fell into hate with it.  Well, maybe not "hate", but the opposite of falling in love with it.  Just don't like it at all.  But I'm trying so hard not to spend any money making this baby quilt, due to limited funds right now.  So yesterday at work, while babysitting a stray student, I chopped up my perfectly cut stripes into blocks instead.  It seems to be turning into a 4-Patch quilt, with the solids as the 4 Patches, and the prints as the larger blocks.  I figured out a layout I like.  The fabrics are a bit busy, so I might need to add some sashing.  Sad  

What do you guys think?  Should I do a row of brown sashing between the blocks, and a brown border?  Or just the brown border? Currently, it would measure 32" square, when assembled.  Adding a border would take me to about 40".  

« Last Edit: July 12, 2013 02:33:00 PM by jennieingram » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong - Summer Semester

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
Naantje
« Reply #556 on: July 12, 2013 02:58:30 PM »

I wouldn't do the sashing in between the blocks, but a border would be nice Smiley
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013 02:59:07 PM by Naantje » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 in '14

Calling all talented witches and wizards to join us in the Winter Semester of the Harry Potter Craftalong.
DragonChilde

Head of Slytherin House

View Profile
« Reply #557 on: July 12, 2013 03:21:54 PM »

What do you guys think?  Should I do a row of brown sashing between the blocks, and a brown border?  Or just the brown border?
I personally think just a brown border,but I am no quilter (or at least not yet!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Don't shed a tear for me/I stand alone/This path of destiny/Is all my own ~Blackmore's Night "Olde Village Lanterne"
Spring Harry Potter Craftalong
pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #558 on: July 12, 2013 04:31:39 PM »

What do you guys think?  Should I do a row of brown sashing between the blocks, and a brown border?  Or just the brown border?
I'm saying just brown border as well. Grin  And I have to say I like the layout & mix.

oh, patty_o_furniture!  I LOVE your NEWT!!!!  So many details....absolutely LOVE it!
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013 04:33:19 PM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

tiamatfire
« Reply #559 on: July 12, 2013 07:32:21 PM »

Wonderful stuff guys!  I've been on holidays for a little while, without even an internet connection!  We also unexpectedly discovered that we were expecting on the trip, so I'm not sure if my crafting is going to ramp up or down!  Can I submit it as a NEWT though? Wink  Just kidding.

I had a few things finished before vacation but didn't get a chance to submit them.

Class: SOAR
Name: Wee neighbour booties

Our next door neighbours had an adorable little girl, which I thrilled to hear as I was a bit tired of making boy booties!  These are a version of the Holly Booties from The Lovely Crow on Etsy.  I love this pattern as it's easy to follow and turns out a really cute shoe.

Class: Astronomy
Name: Arcturus dishcloth

When I think of stars I usually think of Arcturus, as it's so striking and can be seen early in the summer up north.  Arcturus is seen as orange-red, and although I don't have red yarn I do have dark pink!  Just a simple crochet dishcloth in a star shape.

Class: Detention!
Name: Oatmeal Energy Bites

Easy Oatmeal energy bites!  From here: http://www.gimmesomeoven.com/no-bake-energy-bites/

I added in some chopped pecans and almonds, and chopped dark chocolate.  They were a little sweet this time, I think I might need to cut back on the honey for me.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I do love knitting patterns!" - Albus Dumbledore

Harry Potter Craftalong: Spring Semester!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 110 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Use InDesign Lesson 3
Preparing to Use Photoshop Lesson 4
Preparing to Use Photoshop Lesson 2
Preparing to Use Photoshop Lesson 1
Introduction to Photoshop Lesson 1
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...