A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 296,402
Currently Running With Scissors:
836 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 110
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED-HP Craftalong ~Summer Semester 2013~  (Read 114365 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Audania1
Christmas crafting all year round...

Magic always comes with a price

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #520 on: July 09, 2013 12:58:25 PM »

I just wanted to drop in for a quick minute and say how much I love everything! You all are doing a fantastic job and i wish I could individualize my praise. I compketely applaud all of you who take the time to tell each person how special their work is and i will strive to do better at that myself. I hope you all have a fantastic day!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Audania1

« Reply #521 on: July 09, 2013 02:06:07 PM »

Class: Transfiguration
SPEW
House: Ravenclaw
Title: Spyro the Dragon Beanie
Link: From Ravelry, but heres the blog its from: http://livingthecraftlife.blogspot.com/2011/04/crochet-scalloped-beanie.html
Description: When I was a kid I loved playing video games. Some of my favorites included the Dragon Warrior games and then cute little Spyro, a little purple flying dragon.  I thought I would commemorate him in the sweet little baby beanie as the scallops look like dragon scales.

Class: Herbology and Bertie Botts Blackberry bean (can I do that? If not, I will take the bean!  Wink)
Title: Farmers Market Fruit Salad using Cherries!!
Link: n/a
Description: I am fortunate to live less than ten minutes from my amazingly awesome farmers market. It really is amazing. There are more than 50 vendors there and they are all wonderful. Every two weeks I make the pilgrimage and buy what most say is more produce than I need. But you know what? I use it all! I hardly ever have to throw anything out because it went bad. My trick is, during my off week, I look for ways to use more than one or two fresh items in each thing. Today, I made a fantastic fruit salad! Theres really no recipe, just what you have on hand, but I will break down for you what I had.

2 Saturn peaches, cut in chunks
2 mangoes (my FAVORITE!!!), cut in chunks
1 banana, cut in chunks
A handful or two of cherries, pitted and cut in half
6 or 7 apricots, pitted and quartered
2 handfuls of grapes
2 oranges, peeled and segmented
1 handful of blueberries
1 lime
Cinnamon, to taste
Nutmeg, to taste

Mix all but the lime in a big bowl. Squeeze lime juice over all and add cinnamon and nutmeg to taste. Mix and enjoy!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

pottermouth
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I like Kit-Kat, unless I'm with 4 or more people.

« Reply #522 on: July 09, 2013 02:59:03 PM »

Class: Transfiguration
Project Name: Dragon Scale Amulet Bag
Project Page Link (if available):Crocodile Stitch instructions
Brief Description: Before practicing the Draconifors spell, I thought I'd brush up on my dragon knowledge by rereading Dragon Species of Great Britain and Ireland and the classic Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. Once I had a specific dragon in mind, the Chinese Fireball, I aimed my wand at a skein of wool and said the spell. I must have messed up somewhere because I ended up with just the coloring of a dragon and not the actual thing. Poo. Also, instead of the fiery red colour of the Fireball, I ended up with a mottled red, yellow, and orange. Pretty sure this happened because I briefly thought of the Yellow Reaper and a hybridization of the two came together in the wool. Oh wellit was still pretty and I made an amulet bag out of it.

Class: Charms
Project Name: Ancient Runes Set
Brief Description: The Defodio charm came in handy while making a set of runes (see above picture). You know, that trek to the Ravenclaw Tower is a long one. I usually crack a book at the foot of the stairs and by the time I've reached the top, I'm pretty absorbed in the book and am oblivious to my surroundings. Today I reached the stair's landing just as I was at the end of a book, only to look around to see the extra credit announcement. Total facepalm moment. So, I am turning in this assignment with the hopes of getting the Ravenclaw Extra Credit since I mastered the Confundus charm by successfully using Sculpey for the first time. At least I hope it was successful!

Class: Muggle Studies
Project Name: What a Catch!
Brief Description: Muggle camping to me means fishing for sure, and since we are studying Muggles I thought I'd add their idea of what a mermaid looks like. Silly Muggles.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #523 on: July 09, 2013 03:16:49 PM »

Love the explosion of awesome!  I'll be updating tomorrow.  But had to pop in with my July Detention...YES, I served a detention in its month...Cool

Challenge: July Detention- WIP DONE!
SPEW: Blankie for Project Linus
House: Gryffindor
Project Name: daydream charms blankie
Project Page Link: to be filled in later
Brief Description: Here's a project I've had in my basket for awhile.  I just adored this color combo and knew I had to create something with it.  I decided to go with a blanket for Project Linus.  Granny Square with granny stripes on 2 sides and then continuing around with granny for rectangle. Remember to turn after rounds to prevent it going wonky. Simple sc edging.  Colors used: Vanna Yarn Soft Pink, Pink, Pink Poodle, Dusty Blue, Colonial blue, Wild Berry, and Scarlet.  One skein each color and used J hook. Grin

« Last Edit: July 22, 2013 03:01:42 PM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Audania1

« Reply #524 on: July 09, 2013 09:11:08 PM »

Class: Detention in the Kitchen - June
Project Name: Toaster oven special!
Link: n/a
Description: Its summer. Come on, I mean who wants to heat up their kitchen? Certainly not me!! So I fully try to utilize every small thing I can to keep the heat out. Today, I used my trusty toaster oven to pull double duty. I baked some chicken that had been marinating in Buffalo Bleu seasonings and olive oil at 350 for about 45 minutes and then reheated some corn on the cob from our bbq yesterday in the same oven. Too add to that, I used my rice cooker to cook up a bit of brown rice with the same seasonings and some chicken stock. Delicious!!! This is one detention I could do over and over.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ntrebleagain

I see no good reason to act my age.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #525 on: July 10, 2013 08:03:25 AM »

Class: Apparition
House: Slytherin, of course!  Roll Eyes
Project Name: Dessert Pedestals
Project Page Link: None needed. It's pretty simple and I believe in you! You can do this!
Brief Description: Our Dollar Tree has lots of interesting glassware that I wouldn't normally use. From that stash I found a small plate and bowl that I thought would look good with a cupcake on them and a couple of candlesticks. I waved my wand foolishly and shouted a silly incantation and *poof* dessert pedestals! (You can also use glass adhesive in a pinch. Wink )
Project Picture:

I just got off of work at 07:30, so I'm not really feeling the whole making cupcakes thing right meow. (Eating them, on the other hand...) Until my next bout of baking, I'm using these lovelies as props. Wink

Hope everyone has a lovely day! I'm off to Zzz...!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
travelgirl
« Reply #526 on: July 10, 2013 09:54:16 AM »

@ Dragonchilde- ooh such a cool necklace
@ CraftyLadyMJ- That turtle charm is adorable
@ noodle-bug- I love the wind chime and the mug rug
@ abbeeroad- thats some impressive wire wrapping, the little yogi is cute, and I love the multi colored yard
@Jennieingram- love the glass fruit and veggie beads and that's some impressive stamp carving.
@ augustbell- love the giant dumbledore
@audania1- that fruit salad looks good yum, thanks for the recipe
@ pottermouth- Love your muggle studies hoop, silly muggles and their idea of mermaids
@ pinkleo- wow beautiful blanket I love the colors
@ ntrebleagain- Those dessert stands are great? what kind of glue did you use? last time I tried to do something like that well... it resulted in lots of duck tape

Yesterday I had some downtime and was able to whip up my transfiguration homework.

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Transfiguration
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Welsh green bookmark
Project Page Link (if available): :
Brief Description: (how it fits the requirements, pattern/techniques/recipe used, any fun tips, etc.) I had so much fun making my last bookmark that I decided to make another. This time I used the welsh green dragon as inspiration and made scales out of felt and beads.
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AugustBell
« Reply #527 on: July 10, 2013 10:47:51 AM »

I've finally gone through and caught up on all the projects and I have to say I'm completely obsessed with all the shrines being posted. They are SO awesome!!

@pottermouth - I love that mermaid hoop!!

@pinkleo - I'm totally jealous of your afghan skills. Apparently I'm incapable of finishing one.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ntrebleagain

I see no good reason to act my age.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #528 on: July 10, 2013 11:17:46 AM »

@ ntrebleagain- Those dessert stands are great? what kind of glue did you use? last time I tried to do something like that well... it resulted in lots of duck tape
The stuff I used is called Glass and Tile Adhesive. It's supposed to be waterproof and I let it dry overnight before messing with anything. They seem sufficiently stuck to me!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
FiberAlchemist

Wit Beyond Measure

View Profile WWW
« Reply #529 on: July 10, 2013 11:42:40 AM »

Audania - I LOVE your Alice hoops!  It is one of my most favorite books.
Erin - What great stamped charms.
Jennie - More great charm bracelets!  I wish I could collect them all!!
pinkleo - That pasta salad looks amazing!  I love the addition of all the veggies, it makes me feel better about eating a pile of pasta if it's packed with veggies.  Beautiful afghan!
teag - Great sleeping fairy!  Is he a re-purposed paintbrush.
netchez - So many great projects! Wonderful!!
midkiffsjoy - Wonderful t-shirts, I especially like the Mario Bros one.
bigsister - Awesome Pokemon shirt!
travelgirl - Beautiful valance.
dragon - Gorgeous necklace.  I admire the art of chainmaille and I'm always impressed when anyone does it.
LadyMJ - Adorable turtle!
noodle-bug - I'm in love with your wind chime.  So beautiful.
Abbee - Beautiful necklace and I love the Tonks yarn.
August - DUMBLEDORE!!
pottermouth - Love your fishing hoop... too cute!

If I missed anyone I'm sorry, there was such an explosion of truly amazing projects!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 110 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Over-the-Top Chocolate Gifts
How to Make a Homemade Apple Crumble
A Sweet Dessert Cup You Can Eat
Tips For Making Lemon Meringue Pie
Five Takes on the Chocolate Chip Cookie
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...