A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,712
Currently Running With Scissors:
423 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 110
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED-HP Craftalong ~Summer Semester 2013~  (Read 118696 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Naantje
« Reply #430 on: June 29, 2013 02:57:19 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: July Detention with Snape
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Wedding ring frame
Project Page Link: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=425030.new#new
Brief Description:
I have had the supplies for this craft for over a year already, and the idea to make this wedding ring carrier probably just under a year. I needed to finally get around to actually realising the thing, as we'll be needing it come friday the 13th of september, when we're getting married! We're having a steampunk wedding, and I wanted to have something quite a bit more interesting than the standard ringboxes or white ring pillows.

The fabric and lace come from a fashion corset I wore until the boning bent beyond repair and it became too small, the frame itself came to us through a friend when her grandmother passed away. The glass had broken, but she thought we would still be able to use it and that it would really suit our tastes. She was so right! I'm so happy to finally have made this piece Smiley
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 in '14

Calling all talented witches and wizards to join us in the Winter Semester of the Harry Potter Craftalong.
FiberAlchemist
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Wit Beyond Measure

View Profile WWW
« Reply #431 on: June 29, 2013 06:57:20 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Care of Magical Creatures
Ravenclaw Extra Credit: Herbology
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: A Stack of Blue Washcloths
Brief Description:  Last semester I learned how to crochet so this semester I wanted to learn some new stitches.  I had some blue Sugar & Cream yarn lying around (I had intended it to be for Swiffer covers, but that never happened) so I made three washcloths.   The bottom one was using the pattern on the inside of the yarn wrapper, the middle one is shell clusters and bars and the top one is just shells.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: June Detention
House: Ravebclaw
Project Name: Grilled Pizza
Brief Description:  My husband and I love having homemade pizza on Friday nights as a way to kick off the weekend; but when I was on my way home from Trader Joe's (to get pizza dough) and my car said it was 90 out, I decided there was no way I was heating up the oven.  So we fired up the grill and made some pizzas that way.  We made a simple margherita pizza and a fig and prosciutto pizza.  It was great we got delicoius pizza and the house stayed cool didn't get any hotter than it already was.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: June Quidditch
Project: Travel Mug Rug
Brief Description:  I enjoy a icy cold beverage while I'm at the pitch watching the game; but in these summer temperatures my cup tends to get a little sweaty leaving my with a damp spot on my trousers (after my cup has sat there).  So I made up a travel mug rug (in team colors) to set on my knee and catch the condensation from my mug.
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FiberAlchemist

Wit Beyond Measure

View Profile WWW
« Reply #432 on: June 29, 2013 06:59:55 PM »

I've been a bit behind in my commenting; but everything looks wonderful!!  I'm always so impressed with what my fellow witches and wizards craft up every semester.  Bravo!!! Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BadWolf314

Team Textbook Captain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #433 on: June 29, 2013 09:01:22 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Root for the Cannons! June Challenge
Project Name: Weasley is Our King
Brief Description: The Cannons favorite fan is Ron Weasley! So obviously he needs his motto in the Cannons colors!
Project Picture:
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013 08:01:53 AM by BadWolf314 - Reason: Adding Image to Post instead of link » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Theres no point in being grown up if you cant act a little childish sometimes.
Summer HPC
Summer Nerd Battles!
FreakieGeekie

Queen of Quirky, lover of all things cute and creepy

Proudly lets her freak flag fly

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #434 on: June 29, 2013 10:29:00 PM »

Class: SoAR
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Wire thumb ring
Brief Description: I made a wire ring for my sister because she saw one online and thought it was cute. I don't believe the one I made is quite as pretty as the one she saw but she still likes it. It's made of copper and gold colored wire.

Though the ring is for my sister, that is MY hand.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Audania1
Christmas crafting all year round...

Magic always comes with a price

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #435 on: June 29, 2013 11:09:12 PM »

I know Im late for Advanced Studies Friday, but I wanted to post an update anyway. When I proposed my OWL and NEWTs I completely forgot about the week and a half we were going to have out of town company. That will at least put me back a week and a half for the NEWT. I may be able to stay on track with my OWL, the cloth doll, but we shall see. As it is, I have not got anything to report for my NEWT lol. Elli and I have gotten things done on her doll, though. I completely embroidered the dolls face and we managed to stitch together the dolls arms and legs before company arrived. Whew!

And now for some projects that ARE done

Class: History of Magic
Title: Gluten-free Strawberry Rhubarb Pie
Link: http://www.foodandwink.com/recipes/deep-dish-strawberry-rhubarb-pie?crlt.pid=camp.L5Bnj4rPTWhs
Description:
Ive read online that in Sweden much as here in the USA, midsummer is festive and very lively. A typical dessert would consist of the fruits in season such as strawberries that may have been eaten with cream or cake. My sister in law got married a few months ago but it was on the other side of the USA. They are here this week now and having a reception with just our (rather large) family and we are all supposed to bring something food-wise. I chose to bring pies because that is something I know I am good at. Well, my other SIL can only have things that are gluten-free and I didnt want her to be discluded in yummy things so I attempted to make it that way for her. I have to say, Im not a fan of how it visually turned out. The crust didnt come together the way a normal pie crust does and I had to prebake it for about 10 min to get some of the moisture out before putting in the filling. Then I had to use the gluten-free flour in the filling, not thinking that it wouldnt gel well. Well, it didnt gel well. I havent tasted it yet, but Im sure it tastes fine, but it will definitely be runny. I learned from my mistake, though and adjusted for the next pie.

Class: Care of Magical Creatures
Title: Gluten-free Blueberry Cream Pie
Link: http://mybakerlady.com/2012/07/21/blueberries-and-cream-pie/
Description:  I used blue berries! Plus, Im told that jobberknolls are fond of pie.
I had the same issue with the crust as with the strawberry rhubarb one as here but I used a teaspoon of cornstarch in place of the flour in the filling this time and it came together nicely. I am much more pleased with the end result of this one.

Class: Arithmancy
Title: Old Fashioned Rock Candy/Glass Candy
Link: http://oneshetwoshe.com/2010/06/pioneer-taffy-and-old-fashioned-rock-candy.html
Description: So, as Ive mentioned before, my daughter and I have been reading the Little House series. Every Christmas, in the stories, each of the Ingalls children gets Christmas candy. I was perusing Pinterest and came across an old fashioned candy recipe that is possible it could have been one of the candies referred to in the books and we decided to make it. It was a lot of fun! But you also have to be very careful as it is quite dangerous when breaking it apart. You need a butter knife and a hammer and you tap the back of the knife to get the candy to break into pieces. Be sure to also be careful when putting the candy in the bag of powdered sugar as the edges can be quite sharp personal experience speaking! And it fits Arithmancy because candy making is dangerously complicated! If you dont get it to the right temperature at the right time, you will NOT get the candy you are trying to make. It was a lot of fun and I see this as something she/we can do as a gift for her friends that is cheap but thoughtful.

I will be back in a few days to comment on all of the awesomeness Ive seen here! You guys are fantastic!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

Liberal Tie-Dyed Tree Hugger

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #436 on: June 30, 2013 06:16:05 AM »

Indeed!  Grin

Yay LadybugsAndBumblebees!! Jump in! Gryffindor is always recruiting! Wink

lelyonna - Wow! Hardcore! Awesome that you even make your own tea.

pinkleo - LOVE. Awesome dedication to Dobby! Smiley

Moonflame - I'm so jealous of your swiffer covers. I wanted some forever. Someday.

netchez - Love the cross stitch iPhone cover. Sorry the gift didn't work out, but if you get your daughter a new phone to go with it, your gifting will be doubled, lol!

Listessa - Awesome earrings. Way to root!

AnnoyingLittleBrother - So sweet! Way to start sewing!

pottermouth - love the cannons bag! Adorable pic of your DD, and I love that you had her sew on the button for the brooch.

teag - LOVE the owls. So cool that they are made from plastic eggs. That's some real magic right there.

Naantje - Such a sweet ringbearing set.

FiberAlchemist - I love everything you just posted. Awesome washclothes, grilled pizza is a fave (and yours look AMAZING), and that mug rug is perfectly executed. Love.

BadWolf314 - Love Weasly is Our King!

Audania1 - Oh my gosh. Everything in your post looks delicious. I'm suddenly craving dessert for breakfast!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

Liberal Tie-Dyed Tree Hugger

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #437 on: June 30, 2013 06:30:33 AM »

Class: Arithmancy
Gryffindor Extra Credit: DADA - Inspired by Umbridge - notice the resemblance?
House: Gryffindor!
Project Name: "Knock and the door will open"
Brief Description: I think the Labyrinth would be a place curse breakers would work, no?
Project Picture:

« Last Edit: June 30, 2013 06:31:18 AM by Abbeeroad » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #438 on: June 30, 2013 09:03:57 AM »

Abbee, those are freakin' BRILLIANT!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Facebook | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #439 on: June 30, 2013 09:24:11 AM »

Challenge: House Pride
Project Name: Red & Gold Star Dishcloths

Brief Description: I've been working on making some more crocheted cotton dishcloths to give away as part of my Christmas gift baskets this year.  (I usually include some jar mixes, homemade soaps, etc.)  This year I think I'm going to add in some natural multi-surface cleaner and homemade jams to the mix to make them kitchen themed.  When I dug through my stash of cotton yarns, I found this dark red and yellow, and knew I had to make a Gryffindor set too!

Pattern is Starfish Dishcloths available for free from Coats.  

Project Picture:

Class: Flying
Project Name: Key to My Heart Necklace & Earrings

Brief Description: I just whipped up this SHINY little set for myself.  It features gunmetal and vintaj arte metal charms, and a faceted glass heart, that shines beautifully in the sun.  (Sorry for the slightly dull picture.  It's cloudy & rainy out.)
Project Picture:
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013 12:38:16 PM by jennieingram » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Facebook | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 110 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Me And My Mannequin Husband
Stunning Time-Lapse Video of the Milky Way
Ends of the Earth Photography: A Photographer Follows Her Passion
This Is What Happens When You Attach Your Camera To A Kite
Photographers Capture Urban Decay
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...