A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,023
Currently Running With Scissors:
371 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 110
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED-HP Craftalong ~Summer Semester 2013~  (Read 116730 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

netchez
« Reply #420 on: June 28, 2013 07:00:05 PM »

Class: Study of Ancient Runis (SoAR)
House:Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw extra credit: using symbols in the project
Project Name:  Hufflepuff iPhone cover
Project Page Link (if available): none
Brief Description: (how it fits the requirements, pattern/techniques/recipe used, any fun tips, etc.)  I bought a cover for my iPhone and when I got home saw that it did not fit my phone but my daughter's phone .  I had not decided on a project for SoAR and I thought that this would be a nice example of Gebo, the gifting rune.  Since she was a Hufflepuff, I decided to design a cover showing her house colors in the script resembling that of their banner.  The five crosses (symbols) on the cover represent the five members in her immediate family.
Project Picture:

When done I presented it to her. She loved it but when she tried to put it on her phone, it was too big!  Turns out it fit my phone after all... So her comment was..."I'll just have to get a phone like yours, Mom!"  lol

I was proud of the work I did on the cover, just need to read packaging better!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Listessa
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Summertime Slacker Crafter

Buried in Beads!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #421 on: June 28, 2013 07:44:40 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride:  June Root For The Cannons!
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name:  Chudley Cannon Earrings

Project Page Link (if available):

Brief Description:  In honor of The Cannons I decided to recreate one of my favorite pairs of earrings that I lost sometime this winter. 
They are made of awesomely sparkly ORANGE Swarovski crystal beads with a couple of black AB coated as highlights.  The main bead is a good sized faceted round orange, that symbolizes the Quaffle (yes- it's orange for Chudly rather than red) and the bottom black discs symbolize Bludgers flying up to give the Beaters a run for their money. 

Project Picture:

The black is an AB, but the coating liked my camera a little more than usual... BEADS ARE FRUSTRATING TO PHOTOGRAPH!!!!

Catching up on comments, since it's slightly cooler tonight and I really wanted to post!

lelyonna, I can't wait to see your OWL when you finish.  It sounds like a great project, and fun to get to create something you have had in mind for a while.  Your oatmeal with cocoa sounds yummy too.  Great start to the day.  Those warmers are just adorable too!
There is never a bad time for tea.  Wink  To me, it's a necessity!  Sounds good!

pinkleo Adorable hats, and for such a great cause!  I love all of the variations.  Plus that bath mat looks like it must be heavenly to rub your clean toes on after a shower.  The texture is so neat!  All I have to say about your shrines, is that I bow to them!!!!  Cheesy  Really, they are fantastic- so well put together and adorable.  Every time I look I notice some other detail. 
Beautiful Charms book, I love the idea of a charm bracelet inside too!

ntrebleagain I am just DYING to try that fudge recipe.  It sounds nothing short of amazing!

Moonflame  I love the colors and name of your Astronomy project!  The swiffer covers are such a good idea too.  I don't know if I like the blue or green one best.  They are both so nice!  I might attempt one again.  For some reason I really screwed one up and gave up forever ago.  I might have to revisit that sometime this summer.  Cheesy  The scissor holder is too cute.  Very handy to have!

Naantje  Lovely!  All of the personalized details, and getting to learn a little about your culture is awesome.  I bet she will adore it.  And congratulations to your friend!

DragonChilde  You are the reason I need to buy a pile of lemons at the store this week!  YUM!  The syrup sounds just perfect.  I love lemonade too!  I think I'll try putting some in some of that unflavored tonic water stuff for fizzy lemonade.  Awesome idea. 

Ant Bee  Happy vacation!

jennieingram  Your beans look yummy.  If I snag some good mint at the farmer's market tomorrow, I think I will give it a shot.  The flavors really appeal to me!

patty_o_furniture Wonderful sounding salve!  That's certainly important for summer.  Cheesy  I bet it smells nice too.

Abbeeroad Your pendant is gorgeous!  Sea glass jewelry is one of my favorites, anything from the shore is great by me.  I also have wicked bag envy.  I really like that style.

BadWolf That patio looks professional!  Wonderful job!  I'm going to give your strawberry shortcake bites a shot too.  Welcome to the HPC!  Cheesy

netchez  That looks like a great phone cover!  It's too bad it didn't fit, but I guess it's incentive for her since she seemed interested in getting one like yours. Cheesy  You did a really great job!

I have a couple of update photos for Advanced Studies Friday on my quilt.  I didn't get too far, since it was too hot this week, but here's an official update:

All of the existing strips in the final order for stitching.  (Now hanging up and numbered)

Fabric I chose for the additional squares, and what I wanted to be which type of square.

Squares I cut.  I have to do the strips for the large square block, but I haven't made it that far.  I was really freaked out to cut at first.  I didn't want to mess anything up!  But it was really fun once I got going.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking to de-stash cross stitch magazines, particularly Cross Stitch Gold or New Stitches?  Please drop me a line!  I'd love to swap or buy some missing from my library!
AnnoyingLittleBrother
« Reply #422 on: June 28, 2013 08:09:25 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Bertie Bott's Onion Challenge
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Turtle Taggie for AnnoyingBabySister
Project Page Link (if available):
Brief Description: (how it fits the requirements, pattern/techniques/recipe used, any fun tips, etc.) This baby toy has a baby blue ribbon for the head,four dark blue ribbons for the legs,and a thin yellow ribbon for the tail. This is the first time I have ever sewn in my life.  I apologize for submitting this late.  I've been trying to submit it all week, but had problems every time.  I know it's too late to get points, but I wanted to get my badge.  I will work harder to post my projects on time in the future. (This is the fourth time I've tried to post my project today.)
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged
netchez
« Reply #423 on: June 28, 2013 10:28:24 PM »

Annoying little brother:  That project shows a lot of love for your baby sister... and a lot of courage to post it even though it was past the deadline.  Good work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Listessa

Summertime Slacker Crafter

Buried in Beads!

« Reply #424 on: June 28, 2013 10:53:35 PM »

Wow!  Dedication by preg_replace('/(.{19})/', '$1 ', 'AnnoyingLittleBrother')!  I think he deserves to get points for his perseverance as well as a sweet project for his baby sister!

Great job, I'm sure she will enjoy it.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking to de-stash cross stitch magazines, particularly Cross Stitch Gold or New Stitches?  Please drop me a line!  I'd love to swap or buy some missing from my library!
pottermouth

I like Kit-Kat, unless I'm with 4 or more people.

« Reply #425 on: June 29, 2013 08:41:48 AM »

pinkleo, yay baby hats! The Slythie one is my fave. Lovely bath mat, too. You crochet like the wind!  All of your shrines are divine! The SEW one! Ah!
Midkiffsjoy, your moon pads are beautiful!
Moonflame, pretty centaur map and if you made any mistakes, they most certainly are invisible.
DragonChilde, luscious Lemon Syrup is perfect for summer. I bet it's delicious.
jennie, exquisite shrines! You and pinkleo are a perfect match anyway, but I think the Shrine Swap gave everyone else a peek at how much you two care for one another.
Abbee, great idea with the shell bag. I need some of those.
BadWolf, Ra Ra Ravenclaw! Wow, awesome addition!
lelyonna, Thumbs up to hardcore camping; a true Slytherin! I think a Ravenclaw's idea of camping is sitting outside the bookstore, with a book, while you wait for the release of a book you really want to read.
patty_oh!, great Charms book and I saw the bracelet
netchez, cute phone cover! I like the placement of the lettering.
Listessa, ooh, pretty CC earrings! Whenever I have attempted making jewelry I feel as if I've been conked with a bludger, so I stopped trying.
AnnoyingLB, fantastic job on the turtle toy! Never would have guessed it was your first try at sewing. Too cute!
Alright, my kids have barely let me get this much writtenwill return with projects later.

And finally, welcome all new students!!! Happy to see you around the castle!

Challenge: Root for the Cannons! June Challenge
Project Name: CC Cosmetic Bag, or toiletry bag but it didn't sound as nice.
Brief Description: Just a quicky bag to show some Chudley Cannon spirit!

Class: CoMC
Project Name: Seersucker Summer Dress and Brooch
Brief Description: Dug through the stash again and found some pretty blue seersucker fabric to make a pillowcase dress for a DD. There is rick rac around the waist but she wasn't interested in pictures, so I'm lucky to have this one. Also crocheted a speedy flower brooch and had DD sew on a button that she chose.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

jenleahlynn
« Reply #426 on: June 29, 2013 11:12:53 AM »

it's not my project to turn in, but i wanted to brag on my partner for the one small harry potter thing...teag sent me the most adorable set of nesting owls

hedwig, errol, hermes, and pig. more pictures on the swap gallery. they are formed around plastic eggs in graduated sizes...

i took pictures of the package that i sent, but after i returned form the post office i realized there was no memory card in my camera. ugh.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jenleahlynn

harry potter craft along- winter semester
2013-art journal along
journal prompt swap
shop the swap winter
breaking dawn swap
ongoing atc swap
BadWolf314

Team Textbook Captain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #427 on: June 29, 2013 12:17:38 PM »

Those owls are adorable!!! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Theres no point in being grown up if you cant act a little childish sometimes.
Summer HPC
Summer Nerd Battles!
teag
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #428 on: June 29, 2013 01:37:28 PM »

Hey! I was just about to post those owls,lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

teag
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #429 on: June 29, 2013 02:12:53 PM »

Class: Alchemy
Ravenclaw Summer extra credit: Care of magical creatures
Project Name: Bird Altered Paintbrush

Brief Description:
I found this rare and wonderful bird on  a recent outing- My research tells me that this magnificent bird shares quite a few traits with the peacock, not only his glorious colors but is prized for it's  protected ability's

Class: Apparition
Ravenclaw Summer extra credit: flying
Project Name:  The Owls of Harry Potter

Brief Description:
These birds appeared in placed some plastic eggs I have been keeping

« Last Edit: June 29, 2013 02:17:37 PM by teag » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 110 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Ursula Le Guin Discusses Lord of the Rings
Ursula Le Guin on Writing for Teens
Ursula Le Guin on Writing Earthsea as a Series
Ursula Le Guin on Her Favorite Childhood Books
Ursula Le Guin on the Influence of the Earthsea Series
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes
Meatless Monday: No Meat Lasagna

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...