A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 297,454
Currently Running With Scissors:
620 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 110
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED-HP Craftalong ~Summer Semester 2013~  (Read 118096 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ntrebleagain

I see no good reason to act my age.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #380 on: June 25, 2013 05:13:04 PM »

Challenge: Detention in the Dungeons June - Kitchen Duty
House: Sssssslytherin!
Project Name: (Less than) 10 minute Cake Batter Fudge
Project Page Link: Shamelessly taken from Baked from a Box. I do enjoy the recipes and writing from this blog. You should check it out! Smiley

(ETA recipe to post) I made a few adaptations based on what I had in my kitchen at the time. This is for my double batch version of the recipe, the picture shown using a 7.75x7.75 pan.

Cake Batter Fudge
    2 cup white cake mix
    2 cup powdered sugar
    1 stick butter, cut into small squares
    1/2 cup half and half
    sprinkles

Mix cake mix and sugar in microwave-safe bowl. Add butter and half and half. Don’t stir.
Microwave for 4 minutes. Stir immediately until completely combined. Add sprinkles. Do not overmix as sprinkle colour may bleed.
Spread into greased pan. Refrigerate for at least one hour. I let mine cool on the stove top for the first 20 minutes since I had used an aluminium pan and it was HOT after pouring the batter in. No need to heat up your fridge!

Brief Description: This fudge takes less than 10 minutes to make, is made entirely in the microwave, and then placed in the fridge to set up. And the batter? OMG it smells and tastes wonderful! I challenge you to make this and NOT lick the bowl/spoon/wisk/spatula!   Wink
Project Picture: I was excited to actually finish something after a crazy couple of weeks, so the pic I'm posting is before it's completely set!  Cheesy I used white cake mix since I didn't have yellow. I can't wait to try this again with other flavor mixes or flavored sprinkles/bits!
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013 05:44:22 PM by ntrebleagain » THIS ROCKS   Logged
pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #381 on: June 25, 2013 06:43:27 PM »

@ntrebleagain: Oh, that sounds divine!!!  And I Magic Quilled your project; you are officially on the Slytherin Roster. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ntrebleagain

I see no good reason to act my age.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #382 on: June 25, 2013 06:44:54 PM »

@ntrebleagain: Oh, that sounds divine!!!  And I Magic Quilled your project; you are officially on the Slytherin Roster. Grin
Hooray! Glad to hear it!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pottermouth

I like Kit-Kat, unless I'm with 4 or more people.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #383 on: June 25, 2013 07:52:21 PM »

Pottermouth your yarn dyeing has me drooling.  Do you buy yarn or spin it?  I can't believe how gorgeous it is!  Can it be washed?  Ooh, and your glow in the dark patronus purse is awesome!  You should charm it to be bigger on the inside.  Grin

No, I bought cheap-o Paton's Classic wool yarn with a coupon and a teacher's discount! Funnily enough, I have had better luck with this, even over the super nice stuff. It's hand washable, just like other wools. As far as charming the purse to be bigger, well, I've spent all my wizard money on yarn so there was no need.  Cheesy

What really kills me is for years and years I saved most of our Samoyeds' fur when I brushed them out, thinking, "One day I'm going to do something with this," all before I even knew how to knit. I had several bags of beautiful, white, heavenly fur and as I collected it, one Sammy went back to his owner (we were keeping him for a while), one of our own succumbed to cancer, and our last, which belonged to my husband from 17 to 33, passed from kidney failure. This was the most devastating loss and I tossed all the bags because it was so painful. How I wish I had that fur now! Oh, it's so soft and I bet it would make the best yarn ever.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013 07:54:12 PM by pottermouth - Reason: clarification » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Moonflame
« Reply #384 on: June 26, 2013 06:15:55 AM »

Pottermouth  I like Patons, too!  But I'd never thought of dyeing it.  I really, really want to try it now. Smiley

Your Sheldon is soooooooooo squeeeeeeee!    OMG, I'd never heard about him before.  I think I'm in love. Smiley
Your crocheted pillow cover is gorgeous!  

Midkiffsjoy Yep, the Falcons Under Glass are also cufflinks.  I love the blanks I got at etsy.  The glass bezels pop in with a satisfying click and hold everything in nice and snug. Smiley

Oh, your moon pads are beautiful!  I was just thinking the other day about how I'm due to make another batch soon.  (My youngest will probably be joining the other 3 of us in needing them soon!)  id you make your own patt?

Jennieingram I so admire your quilting abilities.  I'm SO not good at precision.   Tongue  I love what you've done so far!

Pinkleo  Mmmm, those chunky baby hats look soooooo snuggly!  (Esp love the Slytherin one!)  And that flower mat is awesome!  I bet it feels lovely underfoot!

ntrebleagain  YUM!  That fudge looks great!  And I love the sprinkles idea! Smiley

« Last Edit: June 26, 2013 09:10:36 AM by Moonflame - Reason: forgetfulness potion! » THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Moonflame
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #385 on: June 26, 2013 06:41:03 AM »

pinks, I love the baby hats and your flower rug came out beautifully!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Facebook | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
lelyonna
Tutorial Contributor

Regnflickan

View Profile
« Reply #386 on: June 26, 2013 01:34:25 PM »

Evening fellow witches.
I have realised I quite like living in an other time zone from most, since this means that I will probably wake up each morning to new inspirations and amazing crafts to enjoy! You all rock.

ntrebleagain: good heavens that looks tasty! I want some right away!

Pinkleo: i love that rug. And the hats too, but mostly the rug. It looks so soft and cozy.

Onwards to....
Today's classes!
Okey. Honestly. I skipped classes. Which put me in detention. Which wasn't all too bad, since I learned a nice recipie and also met a veeeery cute Ravenclaw girl. So I did do something today.

1. Kitchen Duty.
This is a very modest recipie and hardly anything you would serve to guests as a treat, but it is tasty and very useful. It is a bit like a cereal bar in use-eases hunger and gives extra energy. I make it a lot for crafting, and as comfort food, since it is quick, tasty, sweet and gives energy.
Basically you simply pour oat in to a cup, and about 1/3 sugar, then a bit of cocoa, then mix them with a spoon, and add big spoonful of butter. Put it in the microwave just untill almost all the butter is melted. Mix untill the butter is evenly divided in the whole thing, and et voila. Fast energy for the busy little snake. *takes an other spoonful and uploads picture*

2. House Unity & Spew
In honor of my new friend today I made this mouse-shaped wheatwarmer in the colours of our houses. It is really much brighter, but the camera seems to fade the colours in mostly everything I take a picture of.

This is made for a project with women's shelter (where my sister works). The shelter is still in it's cradle, and though we have the house and everything needed we now need financial support to actually be able to take in the women and children (the shelter is for mothers in particular) in need, and support them with food and other necessities. These mice, and also a sort of bunny my sister have designed are made both to raise money for the shelter, and to promote it so that more people might hear about it and support them. They are all made from reused children clothes, which means 1. Recycling (jay), and 2. Most toxics from the fabricmaking have been washed away by now, so they are safer for babies to stuff in their mouth than most stuffed animals out there. Win-win!
The one I made today is only the last in a  loooong line I have produced lately.  Here is a picture of my last batch, just to get an incling of the insane amount I have been doing recently. Think those are about half or a third of what I have made so far.

And an angle showing some of our bunnies too, if anyone is interested. I am so very proud of my sister for grafting these cute patterns):

If anyone happen to have children's clothes lying around these mice are insanely easy and fast to make, and should you have time you wish to donate we would love having help in creating these little cuties. Just thought I'd let you know. Every bit of help is much appriciated!

Anyway, do Not tell Anyone that I have been doing charity work! Or that I befriended a Ravenclaw! Ah, the shame!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The key to happiness is not getting what you want- it's wanting what you get"
pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

« Reply #387 on: June 26, 2013 04:20:22 PM »

Be shocked because this is not crochet Shocked Cheesy

Class: SoAR
House: Gryffindor
Gryffie Extra Credit: Herbology-I certainly got dirty making this
Project Name: To Sew, To Live
Project Page Link: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=424999.0#axzz2XY5nJRui
Brief Description: A shrine to sewers who take that craft to their heart.  May the crafty gods smile upon you!  (made as a gift for one talented sewing artist, my crafty BFF, jennie, who agreed to go on a shrine crafty adventure with me...thank you jennie Kiss)
Project Picture:

Challenge: House Pride ROAR!
Gryffie Extra Credit: Transfiguration-Use an Animal
Project Name: True Blue Gryffindor
Project Page Link: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=424998.0#axzz2XY6yHjxN
Brief Description: For dear jennie, who is a true blue Gryffindor! Kiss
Project Picture:

so you can see depth...reflective surfaces are not my friend Tongue

Class: CoMC
Gryffie Extra Credit: Alchemy-Used Crackle paint Medium
Project Name: For in dreams, we enter a world that is entirely our own.
Project Page Link: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=424996.0#axzz2XY6yHjxN
Brief Description: Blue and has feathers, this Dream Shrine is to celebrate one's imagination and reminds one to dream.
Project Picture:

Challenge: Astronomy
Gryffie Extra Credit: Astronomy-Use a Moon
Project Name: Moon Shrine
Project Page Link: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=424997.0#axzz2XY6yHjxN
Brief Description: So that I can enjoy that grandeur of every summer full moon, I researched the nights when I can enjoy them.  They are: June 23rd Full Strawberry Moon, July 22nd Full Thunder Moon, August 20th Full Sturgeon Moon, and September 19th Full Harvest Moon.
Project Picture:

« Last Edit: June 28, 2013 02:35:55 PM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

« Reply #388 on: June 26, 2013 04:46:16 PM »

~*Congratulations me pinkleo!*~
~*You are the first to earn the Gryffindor Pride Badge!*~

To claim your badge, right click and save to your computer.  Then, you can do whatever you wish with it.  Ideas on how to show-off your badges: use it as an avatar, put it in your profile under Brief Bio, or create a pinterest board for all your badges. 

*Once revealed, a class badge can be found in the Badge Station.*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TechnicolorAquahearts

Proud Slytherin in the HP Summer Craftalong!

« Reply #389 on: June 26, 2013 05:38:01 PM »

Wow! Pinkleo those are beautiful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

etsy: www.lynnaquaheart.etsy.com
Like me on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/AquaheartStudios
Follow Me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/LynnAquaheart
I have a blog about all things creative! http://lynnaquaheart.blogspot.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 110 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet a Dish Cloth Part 4/9
How to Crochet a Dish Cloth Part 3/9
How to Crochet a Dish Cloth Part 6/9
How to Crochet a Dish Cloth Part 2/9
How to Crochet a Dish Cloth Part 5/9
Latest Blog Articles
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche
@Home This Weekend: Buzy Bee Activity Chart

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...