A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 301,548
Currently Running With Scissors:
611 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 110
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED-HP Craftalong ~Summer Semester 2013~  (Read 126597 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Ant Bee

Expecto Procrastinatum!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #320 on: June 20, 2013 09:10:24 PM »

It seems like every time I visit the HPC, I get hungry....go figure Wink Cheesy Grin

I KNOW!! You guys are killing me. I really have to stop checking in at midnight. While, sure, there are snacks specifically named for this time of day I'd risk waking up the light sleeping bears that I live with and, frankly, I prefer them in their human form after a good night's sleep! So suffer I shall until the morrow when I break fast. (I feel so very Hungry Hobbitish.)

Comments on some (though, alas, not all) since my last commentpalooza:

Jennie- So many wonderful things! That Art quilt is really truly fabulous and in my mind I see a fashionista wearing all black except for your turquoise jewelry set admiring it in an art gallery somewhere.

Erin- That lion! Great Gryffindor but that's talented!

Naantje: That's a cool idea for reusing the cards.

Travelgirl- love the milkyway mug rug. It makes me chuckle that you might put milk in your tea on your milkyway mug rug. (Because I'm a dork, but you is my people so...  Wink)

Ntrebleagain: WELCOME TO SLYTHERIN! Also: I'm insanely jealous that you were at the IQA World Cup so get out. Kidding! (Sort of.) No really, welcome!

Netchez: So many great food ideas! That last onion you carved is incredible! (and now all I can think about is a bloomin' onion from that chain restaurant. and I am so.hungry.!)

Tia: Love the hood! I could easily see that sweater as a sleeveless number for the warmer months. It's a bummer you didn't care for the licorice- I could see making licorice mice for holidays food gifts. (Is that a thing? It should be. Licorice Mice sounds fun!)

Whistlefish: Cherry salsa? intriguing! And congrats on WoW- I loved the colors in that project! I drooled all over attic24 not long ago. I love the cheery yarns she picks.

SiakelA: I will have to try that candle crockpot trick. Nicely done!

FiberA: Love the fingerless gloves- and it's funny that it was originally Jayne yarn turned Iron Man palm covers in Gryffie colors!

Audania: I don't blame you for my grumbly tum (as Pooh bear would say) I don't. I do, however, now crave banana bread. crrrraaaaaave it. *looks longingly at bedroom door and listens to family snoring. Wonders if they'd really notice the banging and baking of a fresh loaf of banana bread...*  Oh, and jam!

Moonflame: Thanks for your snuggly S.P.E.W. support!

PattyO: Yay, combining S.P.E.W. and cookies!? *whimpers what sounds like "cookies"* That's fabulous, or in the immortal words of one Wilford Brimley, "It's the right thing to do, and the tasty way to do it."

AnnoyingBigSister: love the clay- disco onion makes me laugh (and now we're back to bloomin' onions!)

Noodlebug: I want pretty much every TM patch you make. and those embroidered pillows. and... well, let's cut to the chase: Will you just come here and make me stuff? (Bring snacks.)

Jenleahlynn: Such detail for the VBS! My goodness! Thank you for your S.P.E.W. support!

Pottermouth: Love the colors on that yarn!

Listessa: Those pen sleeves are amazing!

Molly Merula: mmmmm... Buttermints...  Smiley

Pinkleo: Glad to hear my silly slythee anouncements made you smile.  Grin You know I take that as a high compliment indeed.

Phew!

And now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to try the Muffliato spell... mmmm, muffliato sounds like muffins... To the kitchen!

*Mischief Managed.*

« Last Edit: June 23, 2013 09:34:58 AM by Ant Bee » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harry witnessed Professor McGonagall walking right past Peeves who was determinedly loosening a crystal chandelier and could have sworn he heard her tell the poltergeist out of the corner of her mouth 'It unscrews the other way.
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
ErinAquaheart
« Reply #321 on: June 21, 2013 01:08:45 AM »

okay...quick post before bed!

Challenge: Bean--Onion
House: Slytherin
Project Name: S'mores Cookies
Project Description: Can't get more layered than this. Thumbprint cookies filled with marshmallow fluff and then dipped in dark chocolate and finished with a sprinkle of graham cracker crumbs.  So layers...cookie. fluff. chocolate. crumbs. All equals really yummy!!!

Class: History of Magic
Project Name: A Nod to the Sun Lord
Project Description: The Midsummer is all about celebrating the longest day of the year. One custom is to party hard for the Sun Lord on his strongest day of the year before he gives up his power...leading to autumn. So I made a necklace celebrating the sun! Welcome Funshine Bear and all the yellow fiery glory of the sun to this years Midsummer festivities!

Challenge: House Unity
Project Name: Ravenclaw Star Wand Pops
Project Description: I made these root beer lollipops and covered them with bronze shimmer powder in order to make some Ravenclaw inspired star wands. They may not be magical but they sure taste that way!!! p.s. they look so much more bronze in person

Challenge: BINGO!!!!!
Project Name: Bingo! G--down!
Project Description: I have now turned in H.O.M., House Unity, Potions, A bean challenge, and DADA! My first Bingo...maybe I can finish another soon! This is so much fun!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
TechnicolorAquahearts

Proud Slytherin in the HP Summer Craftalong!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #322 on: June 21, 2013 01:59:44 AM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: BEAN - Onion
House:Slytherin
Project Name:Layered Vegetarian "Chicken" Nachos
Brief Description: Something I love when I go out to restaurants is some really good fajita nachos, but those are not good for the diet or the wallet, so I made some at home using a chicken alternative called Quorn. There are four layers to these nachos: Chip, beans, Quorn chunk, and cheese. Optionally you can add more layers like taco sauce or sour cream. I added a lot of flavor by sauteing the Quorn pieces in olive oil, lime juice, chili powder, and onion salt. The lime really makes the flavor pop.

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Transfiguration
House:Slytherin
Project Name: Hungarian Horntail Candy Dragon Spikes

Brief Description: The hungarian Horntail is the dragon that Harry ends up fighting in The Goblet of Fire. It is a Brown colored dragon with spike like horns on its head and tail.

These playful pops are a rootbeer reminder of the fierce Hungarian beast. Look for them at honeydukes!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

etsy: www.lynnaquaheart.etsy.com
Like me on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/AquaheartStudios
Follow Me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/LynnAquaheart
I have a blog about all things creative! http://lynnaquaheart.blogspot.com
noodle-bug
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

equal parts love and evil laughter

« Reply #323 on: June 21, 2013 03:30:24 AM »

More carebear necklaces! I may have to look into getting myself some of those figurines... How do you thread them?

Ant bee, you pay the air fare and I'm yours...  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
Listessa
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Summertime Slacker Crafter

Buried in Beads!

« Reply #324 on: June 21, 2013 04:24:00 AM »

Oh my gods!  I hardly know where to start- everyone's food is making me so envious!  *drool* 
It's hotter than anything up here right now, so I'm really holding off on cooking anything to keep my house cool.  (particularly since it doesn't cool off until nearly midnight. 

I made a little progress on my OWL quilt, but have been holding off on ironing for the above mentioned reason, so I'm waiting a little.  I'll post pictures later. 

For now I had a little side project to pop out.  Thank goodness beading is cool work, and the local bead shop has a slew of new and totally awesome Alaska animal pen sleeve patterns.

Class/Challenge/House Pride:  Potions Class, Ravenclaw Extra Credit:  Muggle Studies (Can I combine extra credit for a different class?  I think so, if I read it right...) 
House:  Ravenclaw
Project Name:  Bear Beaded Pen Sleeve
Project Page Link (if available):
Brief Description:
A while ago when I was doing some research for a different project, I happened upon some Ojibwa legends.  One in particular that stuck with me was The Legend of Sleeping Bear Sand Dunes. 
Here's a link to the story: http://www.edhelper.com/ReadingComprehension_49_51.html  Basically a mother bear and her two cubs had to swim across the lake to escape a horrible forest fire.  Mom made it, but the babies fell behind and the Great White Spirit saved them from drowning by turning them into two islands:  North Manitou Island and South Manitou Island.  Mother Bear witnessed all of this witnessed all of this from a tall sand dune, when she realized the Great White Spirit took care of her babies, exhaustion overcame her and she fell asleep on the dune.  The Great Spirit took care of her, by blanketing her with sand to keep her warm so she could forever watch over her island cubs. 
The bear on the pen sleeve pays homage to the mother bear when she was looking for her swimming cubs, before she fell into her deep sleep and became the dune. 

For the Ravenclaw Extra Credit:
When I was stitching the pen, all I could think of was the movie, Brave.  Between the triplet bear cubs and Merida trying to get her mom back to normal, rather than bear form there are a whole lot of bears involved.  This pattern reminded me of some of the scenes when Queen Elinor was standing on two legs in the castle trying to do human things as a big bear! 

A pretty fun pattern, again from my local bead store.  I love the Alaska animal designs they are coming out with.  They make great gifts, and are a quick and fun project. 

Project Picture:

The round pen makes it a PITA to get pictures of the whole pattern. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking to de-stash cross stitch magazines, particularly Cross Stitch Gold or New Stitches?  Please drop me a line!  I'd love to swap or buy some missing from my library!
SiakelA
Summer is finally here again!

Wit beyond measure...

« Reply #325 on: June 21, 2013 07:13:15 AM »

There is a new notice up in the Astronomy Tower.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013 07:14:17 AM by SiakelA » THIS ROCKS   Logged

patty_o_furniture

May the force be ever in your favor, Mr. Potter.

« Reply #326 on: June 21, 2013 08:44:12 AM »

Erin.  I must make those cookies.  Marshmallow and dark chocolate.  Yes, sounds like breakfast to me.  They look delish!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DragonChilde

Head of Slytherin House

View Profile
« Reply #327 on: June 21, 2013 09:36:01 AM »

House Pride
Project Name: Power of Three
Project Page Link (if available):None
Brief Description: This is a set of three bracelets that I made in the Slytherin colors. The bracelet on the far left was made out of a hospital identification band that I filled with silver and green fine glitter. My grandmother died almost a month ago and prior to her death she had been in and out of the hospital with some regularity (she joked that she was a "frequent flyer" at the hospital), she gave this identification bracelet to my mother thinking that I might want to use in in a project. It sat around for some time until I removed the paper from it but until recently I still didn't know what I wanted to do with it. I decided to turn the bracelet into a tribute to my house that I could wear while remembering my grandmother. The middle bracelet is a chainmaille bracelet made using the dragonscale weave. The green rings were individually wrapped with green yarn. The maille weave reminds me of the emblem of the Slytherin house, the snake. The final bracelet is made with a lighter green than the other two, to remind everyone that Slytherins are not evil by definition. The bracelet was made by braiding silver and green wires together. The three bracelets may be worn together or separately. The number three is sometimes regarded as the number of fate (the Wiccan or Pagan "Threefold Law") or as a representation of the divine feminine (the maiden, the mother, and the crone).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Don't shed a tear for me/I stand alone/This path of destiny/Is all my own ~Blackmore's Night "Olde Village Lanterne"
Spring Harry Potter Craftalong
TechnicolorAquahearts

Proud Slytherin in the HP Summer Craftalong!

« Reply #328 on: June 21, 2013 10:22:02 AM »

Patty_O I'll tell Erin to post the recipe, they are truly decadent!

DragonChilde Awesome bracelets! Go Slytherin!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

etsy: www.lynnaquaheart.etsy.com
Like me on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/AquaheartStudios
Follow Me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/LynnAquaheart
I have a blog about all things creative! http://lynnaquaheart.blogspot.com
midkiffsjoy
« Reply #329 on: June 21, 2013 10:44:23 AM »

Audania1- I have that pattern!!!  I can't wait to see what you do with it!!! Cheesy  The only doll making I've done in the last 20 years has been The Praire Flower doll, but I love dolls so I'm excited for you.  AnnoyingBigSister and I love the Laura Ingalls Wilder series too. Smiley  If you're in Texas y'all should check out Barrington farm!!! Smiley  And ohhhhhhhh Shreaded pork.  Now I'm hungry. Smiley

noodle-bug- Observe Hack and Make sounds like glourious fun!!!  AnnoyingBigSister is a blacksmithing apprentice, and ran an anvil at the forge next to her master's anvil recently at the Sam Houston Folk Festival.  She'd have a blast forging with you. Smiley  Now I have that song running in my head.  *giggle*

TechnicolorAquahearts- Oh that's some wonderfully fluffy looking taffy.  *drool*  Netchez *melts* for taffy.  I'm gonna have to try making your recipe for her. Smiley  (I'm collecting stocking stuffer ideas. : )  Your cake looks AMAZING!!!!  I wouldnt want to eat it!!!  lol  Just spray it with shellac and keep it in the display case.  Smiley  I've never heard of Quorn.  That's pretty neat!  The horntail candy spikes are such a great idea!  Plus.... I can almost taste them just by looking at them.  Smiley

pottermouth- I LOVE Kool-aid dying!!!  Always makes the house smell so good and the colors are so much fun!!!  Smiley 

jenleahlynn- The castle looks GREAT!!!  How much fun!!  And your banners simply blow me out of the water!!! 

Molly Merula- Butter Mints which aren't minty. I love that name. Smiley  I'm still struggling with my June project to get it to work. 

Ant Bee- Netchez is on an onion roll.  She keeps texting me pics of carved onions.  She's DYING them now with food coloring.  O.O  Smiley  I BEGGED AnnoyingBigeSister to make a white onion, with the gold medallion after watching her build the pink onion and it looked like it was wearing a deep plunging 70's shirt with the wide collar while she was making it.  rofl.  She was so frusterated when I put on the Bee Gees and disco danced around the livingroom.  Teenagers can be so *roll eyes at mom* like that.  *giggle*

ErinAquaheart- Those cookies......  *breaks out the marshamallows*  I would have NEVER thought to DO that with a carebear!!! O.O That's AWESOME!!! Cheesy  Those lolipops look like so much fun!!!  *googles shimmer powder*  Smiley

Listessa- I am so jealous!!!  Your beading looks like so much fun!!!  I havent been able to bead since AnnoyingBigSister was an AnnoyingOnlyChild (she LOVED cutting the warp threads on my loom and watching all the beads bounce to the floor).  lol  I'm planning on beading for Alchemy, so I'm crossing my fingers. Smiley

DragonChilde- Your bracelets are wonderful.  I especially love the one on the left.  What a wonderful wonderful idea.  And I am so sorry for your loss.  *hugs*

So many great great projects!!!  I'm trying really hard to wait until I have more than one thing finished to post (I only have my Onion done at the moment.  I THOUGHT one of my classes was done, but then I thought of more I could do.  Isn't it *always* that way???  lol) But working on 5 things at once isn't condusive to actually finishing anything.  rofl  But that's how I work.  Cheesy  Can't wait to join the party.  Y'all are all having too much fun.  Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster.  Justifying my need for a craft room. Cheesy

Cheesy !!!!Let's go Hufflepuff Let's go!!!! Cheesy
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 110 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Get the Right Depth of Field
How to Create Great Tribute Videos
10 Tips for Better Home Videos
Moviemaking Techniques - 180 Degree Rule
How to Create Lighting Basics
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Candy, Anyone?
Crafty Kitchen
Meatless Monday: TVP Jerky

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...