A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 297,482
Currently Running With Scissors:
550 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 110
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED-HP Craftalong ~Summer Semester 2013~  (Read 118165 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

patty_o_furniture

May the force be ever in your favor, Mr. Potter.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #270 on: June 16, 2013 08:13:03 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: SoAR + SPEW
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Father's Day Monsters
Project Page Link (if available): -
Brief Description: A lady over the children's group of the local church needed a gift for all the fathers for Father's Day.  I said I would make her my cookies that are starting to get quite a following (pressure!) after I made a bunch for the young women's fundraiser.  I made 150 of these babies..... with no air conditioner.  Was hot and I burned myself.  DH said it was because making cookies wasn't enough of a sacrifice for me.  I had to laugh.  I bake these cookies 6 at a time so you can imagine how long this took.  Then I bagged them and made a cute little tie Happy Father's Day tag for them too. 
Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

SiakelA
Summer is finally here again!

Wit beyond measure...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #271 on: June 16, 2013 08:53:54 PM »

@Patty you are dedicated and thoughtful! It's good that your husband has a sense of humor, but I am humbled by your charity. Way to go!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TechnicolorAquahearts

Proud Slytherin in the HP Summer Craftalong!

« Reply #272 on: June 16, 2013 10:21:10 PM »

Wow! Patty-O I know those cookies took a lot of hard work! They look totally yummy too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

etsy: www.lynnaquaheart.etsy.com
Like me on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/AquaheartStudios
Follow Me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/LynnAquaheart
I have a blog about all things creative! http://lynnaquaheart.blogspot.com
Listessa
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Summertime Slacker Crafter

Buried in Beads!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #273 on: June 17, 2013 01:30:25 AM »

*waves*  Hi!
I've been quietly lurking around the corner watching the awesome things all of you Hogwarts students have been handing in, and finally decided to give it a shot!

Class:  Muggle Studies
House:  Ravenclaw
Project Name:   Muggle Style Lucky Fish
Brief Description:
From what I have learned about Muggles, many have their own non-magic rituals and "lucky charms" that don't actually contain any magic when it comes to fishing.  In my research I have found some rely on wearing the same hat every time they go out to catch the big one, can't eat bananas on a boat (they say it is unlucky), must sing a certain song, or have to eat a particular kind of snack - I even came across some muggles stuffing the bait with their lucky snack in order to get fish to bite!  Others will bring with them some sort of icon representing a fish to inspire a good catch. 

As I wasn't able to bring enough crunchy Cheetos or WD-40 (whatever that is) with me on the field trip to get the fish to bite, I decided to make my own non-magical muggle-style lucky fish of the non-magical variety.  I'm not sure if it will be lucky or not, but it reely Wink looks like a big one!  Modeled after the Alaskan King Salmon, typically hitting the rivers of interior Alaska starting in early June for spawning season.  Tubular peyote stitch with size 11 delica beads.  Smiley

Project Picture: 

Class/Challenge/House Pride: DADA
Project Name:  The Angered Wisp Pen
Project Page Link (if available):
Brief Description: 
When the Will-O'-The-Wisp is angered, it uses its lamp to propel fireballs!  What better way to protect one's self, but to be aware and prepared for this by representing the Hinkypunk's dangerous side! 
Intertwined in lovely ethereal shades of blue, is the light yellow of the lantern- as the wisp realizes you are trying to capture it, the brighter shades of yellow represent the growing fireball it is ready to propel directly at the unaware! 

Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride:  SoAR
Project Name:  Housewarming Maypole Pen
Project Page Link (if available): 
Brief Description:
One of my very best friends just moved in with her lovely boyfriend.  It was a really big move for her, since she just moved to a new state as of last week!  She's Wiccan, and we both like to gift each other with Pagan themed gifts for the holidays and in general.  Her favorite color is purple, which isn't particularly mine so it's a bit of a running joke between us. 

I designed a May Pole inspired pen for the May Day Pagan swap this year, and it dawned on me a purple themed version would be a wonderful housewarming gift!  So I chose 6 different shades of purple, and used tubular peyote stitch to create this pen sleeve.  The ribbons are attached with a little bit of very thin scrap copper wire so you don't really see them when you use the pen.  It is also a pen with purple ink, so she can even write in her favorite color.  (She loves to write in purple ink.)

It's actually a surprise gift, as I sent it to a mutual friend who is going to surprise her with it shortly....
Project Picture:

(The dark color really is a very deep purple, not blue.  I couldn't get a good picture.)

Hopefully I did all of that correctly.  Honestly, I've been watching the HPC for ages, but was afraid to jump in.  I figured this was as good a time as any, particularly since you all seem to have such a great time.  Smiley

I'm trying to figure out something for an OWL...  at least how to make the next project fit in correctly! 

ETA: 
Ok, I think I figured out my first OWL.
OWL Subject & Option(if available): 
--Potions: Option 1- Show off your ability to work with many ingredients by showcasing at least 3 different colors/pattern/textures.  Colors can be monochromatic.  A variegated yarn or one fabric swatch with various colors within it count as one color.

Project Name:  Resurrected Quilt
Brief Description:
I found a hand made quilt in a garbage bag when the students moved out in May.   Since then I have been obsessing over first fixing it, and upon further inspection, recreating and restoring it to the glory it should darn well have! 
It involves many colors: blues, reds, oranges, yellows, tans.  It also has a large variety of patterns including different ocean and sea life themes from batiks to prints. 
When it is finished, it will have multiple layers- the pieced together top portion, the batting in the middle, and the more-or-less flat back.  (Textures include piecing, right?)

I think it will only take about 4 weeks of work, since most of the quilted top is useable with only three or four blocks needing repair and sewing the strips together; however, I also want to add on to it so it will be large enough for my bed rather than lap quilt style. 
This also will be my first quilt, so there may be a bit of a learning curve time-wise here.   

Here are a couple of pictures, so you can see what I'm working with:

All together.

Really pretty fabric.

Some of the damage.  Lined with polar fleece inside too. 

And there's the back.  Fortunately it was only tied, so taking it apart will be super easy.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013 02:14:28 AM by Listessa » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking to de-stash cross stitch magazines, particularly Cross Stitch Gold or New Stitches?  Please drop me a line!  I'd love to swap or buy some missing from my library!
CraftyLadyMJ

A crafting I'll go...

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: June 17, 2013 02:00:36 AM »

I have finally made it back to Hogwart after getting mistaken for a muggles student. An being assigned some strange and unusual homework. Then I was lead into their finals, which requires hours and days of studying. As soon as it ended I made my way back to Hogwart as quickly as I could. Phew, Ill have to be more careful next time I explore the muggles campus.

There are so many amazing projects and I love the bingo challenge( I love bingo in general). I cant wait to spout BINGO!  I have also started working on the classes and before this upcoming week is over I will hopefully be able to post pics.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Summer HPC 2013
No more cellphone headaches!
noodle-bug

equal parts love and evil laughter

« Reply #275 on: June 17, 2013 05:38:06 AM »

Class: Herbology
ravenclaw extra credit: SoAR
House : well, ravenclaw, i would think...
Project: cherry patch
kindda self explanatory, really....

Cherries have some pretty varied symbol - everything from lust, sexuality & virginity (modern western) to spiritual beauty (western biblical) or the transience of life (japanese). Personally, I think just think they are tasty... and I like putting the stones in an empty kinder egg shell for my cat to play with Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

Liberal Tie-Dyed Tree Hugger

« Reply #276 on: June 17, 2013 08:41:55 AM »

Just popping in to say that work is taking over my life, and I might be a little MIA...but I'm here!! I'm crafting!! And I'll have a huge round of catch up to play when I can spare a few moments....

Missing roaming the castle all day!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
FiberAlchemist

Wit Beyond Measure

View Profile WWW
« Reply #277 on: June 17, 2013 10:16:38 AM »

@Audania - That jam looks delicious!  Canning is addictive, I made my first batch last summer and now I want to can all the things!!
Moonflame - What a great blanket.  It looks very snuggly.
pattyO - Yum cookies!  I cannot believe you made that many... with no air conditioner!! I also have no AC and I don't even want to think about turning on the over during the summer months.
Listessa - Welcome!  It's always nice to meet a fellow Ravenclaw.  Amazing work on your pens, I'm impressed with all the detail in the designs- especially the salmon!  Shocked
noodle-bug - As always I love your patches.  I predict you will inspire everyone to make their own TM patch by the end of summer!  Cool
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mamaneedles
)O(

Homeschooling explains a lot of my crafts!

« Reply #278 on: June 17, 2013 10:43:01 AM »

Hello everyone!... this thread is going crazy fast!!

I'm still very tired so I won't be entering the craftalong before a little while, but I wanted to show you the biggest "thing" I made so far:

We welcomed our second baby son on father's day! He's huge! 9,5 lbs Cheesy We don't have a name for him yet, but we are very thrilled. He's so calm, too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Previously known as MamanTattoo.
My Blog!
I made a chidlren's book about homebirth!!
noodle-bug

equal parts love and evil laughter

« Reply #279 on: June 17, 2013 11:24:07 AM »

Ah- he's gorgeous (and so is his hat)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 110 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Katy Perry’s Hair Colorist on Adding “Adult” Streaks
Discover the Cure For Dry, Lifeless Hair
How to Create the Sock Bun Hairstyle with the Wrap Up
Beyonce and Miley Cyrus Bring Back Pixie Cuts
How to Create a Summer Fish Tail Plait Hairstyle
Latest Blog Articles
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3
September 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...