A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 300,872
Currently Running With Scissors:
637 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 110
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED-HP Craftalong ~Summer Semester 2013~  (Read 123964 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

FiberAlchemist
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Wit Beyond Measure

View Profile WWW
« Reply #260 on: June 16, 2013 01:53:54 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Apparition
House: Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw Extra Credit: Muggle Studdies
Project Name: Fingerless Iron Man Gloves
Brief Description:  After making a couple of "Jayne" hats I had a bit of red and yellow yarn in my stash.  Since I hate having small amounts of yarn cluttering up things I decided to make a pair of Iron Man gloves.  I found a pattern on Ravelry and whipped them up.  This was my first time crocheting something in-the-round and I think they turned out pretty well.  There're a tad bit snug getting them on but once they are on they fit just fine.
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FiberAlchemist

Wit Beyond Measure

View Profile WWW
« Reply #261 on: June 16, 2013 02:12:27 PM »

@Technicolor - Lovely jewelry!
@pattyO - Cute bows and I love the shadow box.  What a great way to display little HP trinkets!
@pottermouth - I'm loving all of your shrines!
@Ant Bee - What a cute baby sweater.
@jennieingram - Gorgeous quilt!  I love art quilts; but have never attempted one.  And as always your jewelry never fails to impress.
@Erin - That dip looks so yummy!  And that pink lion! I'm in love with him!
@Naantje - What a great idea repurposing those cards.
@travelgirl - Love the mug rug and the calendar!
@natchez - I'm so impressed with your onion carving!!  And all of your foodstuffs look delicious!
@Whistle - Cherry salsa sounds amazing
@tia - Yum licorice
@SiakelA - Lovely candles and I love your house pride mani!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

TechnicolorAquahearts

Proud Slytherin in the HP Summer Craftalong!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #262 on: June 16, 2013 02:16:00 PM »

OWL MODIFICATION REQUEST:

I have made some realizations about the current OWL I am working on and would like to request some modifications. When I proposed my OWL in Alchemy in the Winter semester: proposed that I basically make an entire collection of finished art pieces that could potentially show in a gallery. Well, that was extremely ambitious of me, after I did all of the pre-work which was covered in my proposal, I realized that this project was more on the NEWT level, it could even be two NEWTs. So, what I would like to do is put my current OWL on hold, propose a new OWL, and once that OWL is completed come back with my Alchemy project as a NEWT.

So, assuming that my plan will be alright with the Headmistress here is my new OWL proposal:

OWL Subject & Option(if available): Muggle Studies
House: Slytherin
Project Name: A collection of custom art toys (munny, dunny, etc.) based on Muggle folk tales and fairy tales.
Brief Description: One of my favorite things going on right now in the urban art scene is the phenomenon of urban art toys they can be vinyl like the ones made by kidrobot, or they can be fabric like the ones made by Camille Rose Garcia ( http://www.jeremyriad.com/blog/art/3d/art-multiples/winchester-hoot-owl-art-dolls-by-camille-rose-garcia/ ) They can even be paper, like the ones found here on www.cubeecraft.com There is a whole network of free printable art toys out there and I am totally addicted to them another one of my favorite paper toy sites is www.harlancore.com Anyway, for my owl I would like to make a collection of art toys based on Muggle folk tales and fairy tales. I will use several different mediums including vinyl, paper, and fabric, and maybe even some hand cast resin. I want to leave this pretty flexible on the number of them so if I get super involved in detail I am not trapped into making more than I can finish in the OWL time frame, so I am going to say somewhere between 6 and 10 different pieces.

I hope this plan gets approved, I am super excited about this idea! ErinAquaheart pointed out to me that it is still really ambitious, but it is going to be super fun!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

etsy: www.lynnaquaheart.etsy.com
Like me on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/AquaheartStudios
Follow Me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/LynnAquaheart
I have a blog about all things creative! http://lynnaquaheart.blogspot.com
Audania1
Christmas crafting all year round...

Magic always comes with a price

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #263 on: June 16, 2013 02:32:01 PM »

Ok, I have another quick question. I have just completed a project for a swap that I am sending out on Monday for. It completely qualifies for the Onion Bean project, however, my partner will not get it in time before this bean is over as she lives in Canada. Is it possible for me to privately send a pic and description, etc. to my HoH and headmistresses and then post a picture in the thread AFTER my partner gets it? That way I can show that I got it done in the timeframe?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Audania1
Christmas crafting all year round...

Magic always comes with a price

« Reply #264 on: June 16, 2013 02:57:58 PM »

Class: Transfiguration Ravenclaw Extra Credit
House: Ra Ra Ravenclaw!
Project Title: Canned Strawberry Rhubarb Jam
Idea from:...... Pinterest!  Link  http://made2style.com/2013/05/30/strawberry-rhubarb-jam/
Description:
Alas, I did not fully turn my glass into a goblet. But I did turn it into a jar! I thought to myself, "Self! You should put something delicious in this jar to remind you of summer when its frickin' freezing outside!" So I perused Pinterest and found a delicious strawberry rhubarb jam recipe and went with it. Cheesy I only did a half batch, though, because I've never canned a thing in my life and wanted a small batch. This is so delicious and easy, though, I see myself making a larger batch to give to friends in the very near future. Like next weekend.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Harry Potter Craftalong Headmistress*~

Beware the power of my Sonic Seam Ripper!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #265 on: June 16, 2013 03:03:40 PM »

Ok, I have another quick question. I have just completed a project for a swap that I am sending out on Monday for. It completely qualifies for the Onion Bean project, however, my partner will not get it in time before this bean is over as she lives in Canada. Is it possible for me to privately send a pic and description, etc. to my HoH and headmistresses and then post a picture in the thread AFTER my partner gets it? That way I can show that I got it done in the timeframe?

Absolutely.  Just PM both pinkleo & I with a pic.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Facebook | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
noodle-bug

equal parts love and evil laughter

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #266 on: June 16, 2013 04:06:10 PM »

I LOVE the care bear necklace Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
Moonflame
« Reply #267 on: June 16, 2013 04:17:56 PM »

Ooooh!  FiberAlchemist, I've made those, too!  My youngest likes to use hers for soccer when it's cold, because they work great for throw-ins! Smiley

Here's my latest:

Class: Potions and S.P.E.W.
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Sweet Dreams Blanket
Project Description:  This wee kitty blanket is VERY snuggly.  It's made by holding together 2 strands of yarn (in this case worsted weight pink and grey.)  It made its own pattern, depending on which yarn was in front at the time I made the stitch, and I really love how it turned out!  One of my kitties climbed into my lap while I was making it and gave it the Kitty Seal of Approval.  I'm donating this to a local animal rescue org. in the hopes that it will make some kitty a very happy, comfortably sleeping kitty while she (or he!) awaits her forever home.
Project link: It's from Ravelry, of course.
Project Picture:

Oh, and WELCOME ntrebleagain!!  Which house have you been sorted into?  We can always use another Hufflepuff **wink-wink, nudge-nudge**
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013 04:20:55 PM by Moonflame » THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Moonflame
pottermouth

I like Kit-Kat, unless I'm with 4 or more people.

« Reply #268 on: June 16, 2013 05:04:58 PM »

tia- the cherry licorice looks delish! Reminds me of Turkish delight.

netchez- blood orange marmalade? Yum! I bet it's really good on crumpets. Or anything else you put it on.

ErinA- loving all the shiny! My DD's saw the necklace and both screamed "AWWWW!"

ntrebleagain- Welcome! (Ravenclaw, Ravenclaw, Ravenclaw... Cheesy)

SiakelA- Great way to show house pride!

Ant Bee- thanks for the SPEW updates and for reminding me I got to get some charity knitting finished.

FiberAlchemist- isn't it wondeful to find a project that uses up leftover yarn? And what better way to do that? Iron Man mitts. Awesome.

Audania- I'm glad you turned your goblet into a jar instead, and then filled them with strawberry rhubarb jam. It looks scrumptious!

MoonFlame- the kitty blanket looks purrfect; thanks for the link! I had to laugh at your "wink-wink, nudge-nudge" (we're big Monty Python fans here!)

Have some finished assignments here but we're still enjoying Father's Day. Happy crafting.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ntrebleagain

I see no good reason to act my age.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #269 on: June 16, 2013 06:01:21 PM »

When will the next bean flavor be posted? I had an idea for onion, but wanted to make sure I had time to submit it before time ran out!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 110 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Making Cards From Sandpaper
Three Tips for Embroidering Your Own Monograms
How to Make a Candy Box
Martha Stewart Shows How to Make a Felted Heart Scarf
Martha Stewart Shows How to Make Paper Heart Cutouts
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Grey & Plum Button Wreath
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...