A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 297,717
Currently Running With Scissors:
666 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 110
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED-HP Craftalong ~Summer Semester 2013~  (Read 118742 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

tiamatfire
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2013 06:58:51 PM »

Way to go Moonflame!

And GREAT prompts, I totally agree.  Something I'll be working on next week will fit in I know!

I missed yesterday's Advanced Studies Friday, but as usual no work on my NEWT (I think I'm going to put that on hold again, is that OK Headmistress?  It's just NOT working for me at the moment, and honestly I probably won't start on it again until I have another baby and am back on Mat Leave Tongue). 

I had nearly finished the hood of my OWL sweater when I realised that the combination of extra cabling and back-and-forth work instead of in-the-round work had upped my gauge by a row/inch.  This meant the hood was huge, and I had to rip the whole. thing. back.  This was a ton of work because of the heavy cabling.  Back up over halfway through it again though.

Can't wait to start out this new semester!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I do love knitting patterns!" - Albus Dumbledore

Harry Potter Craftalong: Spring Semester!
noodle-bug
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

equal parts love and evil laughter

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2013 07:24:32 PM »

those beads are a perfect shape for peacock feathers Smiley

awesome prompts ladies, thank you so much for your efforts in setting everything up  Cheesy You make us craftalongers very happy, we are so spoilt!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2013 07:59:35 PM »

New semester, new start!  I have a lot of projects to do over the course of the summer.  Including completing 5-6 baby quilts.  (One is a WIP, so that might be June's Detention Challenge.)  So, in order to help get them all done, I'm proposing a new OWL & NEWT...

OWL Subject & Option: Transfiguration
House: Gryffindor
Project Name: Striped Baby Boy Quilt

Brief Description: My sister in law is expecting her first son this summer.  In fact, it's only a month or so away!  So better get started on her new baby quilt.  For this one I'm going with a simple pattern of stripes of fabric, alternating between solids and prints.  (So really, no specific pattern to link to.)  It should be approximately 42" x 50" or 42" x 58" when completed.  The fabrics will all be coming from my stash, and I hope to work on it a little bit every day after I get out of work.  

Here are the fabrics I'll be using:

NEWT Subject: Astronomy
House: Gryffindor
Project Name: Constellation Gemini Quilts!

Brief Description: For my NEWT I will be studying the constellation Gemini, and creating TWO quilts from it for my second cousins.  (The girls are not twins, but second baby has just come along, and I never got around to a quilt for first baby, so might as well make one for both!)  Both quilts will be made from the same pattern, but in two different color ways.  The Giant Star Block Quilt by Jeni at In Color Order.  Since the pattern is so big, I think I'm going to make them both a bit smaller though, to be more kid sized.  One will be Lime & Raspberry, and the other will be Turquoise & Lime.  Both will have either off white or charcoal as the background color.    

*If I finish it early, I may make another one in Mustard & Charcoal.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013 07:35:57 AM by jennieingram » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Facebook | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
Ant Bee

Expecto Procrastinatum!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2013 08:12:08 PM »

Lucky babies, Jennie! I love the fabric choices... especially the bees  Wink Cheesy

We're off to a great start- yay, summer!

(OK, enough socializing. Back to my transfiguration project...)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harry witnessed Professor McGonagall walking right past Peeves who was determinedly loosening a crystal chandelier and could have sworn he heard her tell the poltergeist out of the corner of her mouth 'It unscrews the other way.
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
AugustBell

« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2013 09:05:42 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Muggle Studies
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Hooded Towels
Project Page Link (if available): None yet
Brief Description: This is my first sewing project in probably 15 years. The last time I sewed was when I was about 12 and my mom helped me make a pillowcase. I inherited this sewing machine from my grandmother and I finally decided to break it out and make my son a couple of hooded towels. Everyone knows you need towels to dry off when you get done swimming in the lake while Muggle camping!!
Project Picture:

Little man trying one on. And for fun, that's our 20+ pound house cat Neville peeking out the door back there  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

travelgirl
« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2013 09:09:20 PM »

we're off to a great start already

Moonflame- I really like the way you paired the cold with the peacock colors very pretty.

For my nephew's birthday I wanted to make him something similar to his sister's present which was a crayon holder, but wanted to little boy it up some so I present my flying homework

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Flying- Handbook
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Cars on the go
Project Page Link (if available): :http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=424181.0#axzz2V1bmCYXx
Brief Description: (how it fits the requirements, pattern/techniques/recipe used, any fun tips, etc.) I made up this little tutorial for this car carrier because while there were many similar ones none that I found had any sort of close able pocket for storing other things and I really needed a pocket to put the road pieces in.  So I made one up and I figured I can't be the only person that wanted something similar so I decided to try to help my fellow crafters out.  I'm pretty darn pleased but also realized I made too many pieces of felt road to fit in the pocket and still make it close... whoops, he'll just have to pick and choose.  So I hope he'll enjoy, it's got a place for six different cars, and a velcro pocket that can hold the felt pieces of road I made and can be rearranged to have a place to drive the cars around on.
Project Picture:
pocket all lain out
And all folded up and ready to go
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Moonflame
« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2013 05:42:51 AM »

Thanks, ladies! Smiley

Jennie, I love your fabrics! 

Ant Bee, your towels are adorable!  Your little wizard looks very pleased with them, too. Smiley

Travelgirl, I wish I'd thought of something like that when my stepson was little.  He would have LOVED it!  Your road pieces are inspired!  And that car button is an awesome touch.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Moonflame
noodle-bug

equal parts love and evil laughter

« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2013 05:48:41 AM »

those towels are so cute!
I love the fabric you choose for the car transporter Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
sakuracat23

Don't make me get the flying Monkeys!!!

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2013 08:23:31 AM »

August bell-I think adults should get hooded towels too yours are just too good to let the kids have all the fun.lol
Travelgirl- love the fabric. Iv been wanting to make a "take-along" toy but haven't gotten to it.
Moonflame- crocheting with wire can be tough iv tried it. I think the teardrop beads was the perfect choice
Jennieingram-love the color combos. The charcoal and lime would be really hip...oh my...did that sound cheesy?...yes it did but I assure you I'm being genuine. Lol I'm such a dork.

This semester is gonna be fun! I'm already working on my CoMC assignment. Here's a hint...bigger on the inside  Wink   
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2013 08:24:47 AM »

~*Casting House Point Spell*~
@Moonflame: Way to start the Summer!  Lovely bracelet. And Way to Go on trying something new! Grin
@AugustBell Perfect thing to bring along for Muggle Camping!  Adore the towels to pieces, so practical and adorable. Grin
@travelgirl: WooHoo! Grin So excited you posted a tute...which looks fantastic by the way! Cool  And absolutely love the cars on the go...I must admit that I adore playing with cars, kind of sad my kiddos are growing out of them.

~*Dear Advanced Studies Students...for the mo,Dear jennie*~
I will pull out my Magic Quill for you later today, after I update the final entries of Spring HPC.  I do not want to mess up anything. Smiley
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013 08:25:38 AM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 110 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Coconut-Indian Curry Chicken Recipe
Korean Chili Sauce With Gochujang
Chicken Banh Mi Recipe
How to Make Homemade Stuffed Sesame Leaves
Thai Fish Tacos With Latin Slaw Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...