A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 302,546
Currently Running With Scissors:
532 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 110
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED-HP Craftalong ~Summer Semester 2013~  (Read 114404 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #760 on: July 29, 2013 02:10:43 PM »

Hi everyone!  Popping in for a quick HI! Grin  Can you believe that I'm still celebrating my birthday?!?! Shocked  I am the luckiest girl in the world to have so many loved ones that prepared all these fabulous surprises and treats. Grin  I am going to try to sneak in some crafting today, and I must post my Anniversary/Gryffie Neville project...oh and pics of my Quiddy scores and Watermelon bean.......okay, seriously, before I get sucked into the world of the internet, I must dash and craft....see you soon, and wishing everyone bright blessings! ::::flies off, waving bye, and blowing kisses:::: Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Moonflame
« Reply #761 on: July 29, 2013 03:24:00 PM »

Oooh!  have fun, Pinkleo!!

One more for today.

Challenge: Quidditch - Flacking (pushed out or raised component)
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name:  Harry Bookfriend
Project Description: This is a pieced and embroidered felt bookmark with raised epoxy lenses for Harry's glasses. Smiley
Project Pic:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Moonflame
pottermouth

I like Kit-Kat, unless I'm with 4 or more people.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #762 on: July 29, 2013 03:59:01 PM »

Hi everyone!  Popping in for a quick HI! Grin  Can you believe that I'm still celebrating my birthday?!?! Shocked  I am the luckiest girl in the world to have so many loved ones that prepared all these fabulous surprises and treats. Grin  I am going to try to sneak in some crafting today, and I must post my Anniversary/Gryffie Neville project...oh and pics of my Quiddy scores and Watermelon bean.......okay, seriously, before I get sucked into the world of the internet, I must dash and craft....see you soon, and wishing everyone bright blessings! ::::flies off, waving bye, and blowing kisses:::: Kiss

Did you do any crafting while lounging in the hot tub?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

netchez
« Reply #763 on: July 29, 2013 08:22:32 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride:  Quidditch challenge - snitch
SPEW - for local Baby Pantry
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Golden Cap
Project Page Link (if available): http://www.redheart.com/free-patterns/preemie-hats
Brief Description: (how it fits the requirements, pattern/techniques/recipe used, any fun tips, etc.) The snitch is golden so this preemie hat is golden for the little boy or girl who wears it.  I used the preemie pattern from Red Heart yarn.  I am just relearning to crochet after many years so this is my second attempt.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
CraftyLadyMJ

A crafting I'll go...

View Profile
« Reply #764 on: July 29, 2013 11:29:30 PM »

Sitting in the Hufflepuff common room reading peacefully. Hm... I look from up my book and realize Hogwarts has gone silent. I lay the book on the sofa and have a look around the school. After finding the halls empty and theres no classes in session I wander outside. To my surprise, I see all four houses gathered at the quidditch field. Oh-no, I cant believe Im missing the game. Hufflepuffs are down one seeker, I gotta get a move on it. All on lookers see is a flash of yellow as I race pass them to the field. I seize a broom as I pass by and skit onto the field.  Up I command the broom and before I know it Im flying into action.

Pinkleo- Happy belated birthday, I hope you had a wonderful time and all your birthday wishes came true.

Jennieingram- Congratulations on finishing your owl, I love the color theme and block patterns.

Lelyonna- I love the fabric you used for your pants, they look great.

Sakuracat23- Cool lantern idea and a great way to reuse an old light bulb.

Ntrebleagain-Very nice mug and sharpie details.

Moonflame- I love the bento box you made. I cant help but think if my veggies came in a cute box with a side of rice and cheese I probably would eat more of them.

Jennieingram- looking at all the things you guys are canning on here is starting to make want to borrow a few jars and try it for myself.

Midkiffsjoy- Thank you for the comments, and yeah I asked my mom about the rinds. She knew about it the whole time but never made any for me because she doesnt like it. Im still going to try it next time I catch her canning anyway, even if I have to freeze the rinds in advance. (Just kidding) .
Way to go with restoring a classic machine back to operating conditions. Happy pedal sewing to you. Thats not nice startling poor drivers, but awesome Astronomy class project.

Audania1 I love fingerless gloves and these even more since they are Hufflepuff theme.
Christmas Cherries yum, I bet they would go nicely on top of cheesecake.

Tiamatfire Thats surely is blue magic, the sweet and tasty kind I bet. Humph, only its not fair because I dont have any.

Teag- Wow, thats a great way to store small items and it was free. Awesome projects.

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Flying
Project Name: How A Hufflepuff Makes Cable Needles
Project Page Link:
Brief Description:

This evening I started to mess around with the stuff on my desk. I picked up the knitting needles for some practice. I went over the basics and then started attempting the cable.  I dont have a cable hook for knitting. I know people can do cables without a cable needle, but I dont have a clue how to.  So I needed a cable needle and I wasnt going to leave the house just to go buy one. I set my knitting a side and went to work on making my own cable needle. (Sometimes I wonder why I just dont keep it simple. I could have used a safety pin...) I have a strap basket of clay on my desk from doing other little things so I decide to use it for this project. Below I will share how I made my cable needle out of clay.
How to make your own cable needles out of clay

This is a fun, affordable, easy project, for all levels of Polymer clay fans and knitting lovers.

Total: 2hours (Im sure it only took so long because I was watching TV as I was making them.)

Materials you will need:
-small ball of clay or random scrap clay
-Knife or razor blade
-hard surface to work on or glass tile
-glass tile for baking or baking sheet
-foil paper
-oven 
-oven-mitt
-glaze (optional)
-Kitchen timer (optional)

Step1: Condition your ball of clay by rolling it around in your hands and preheat oven/set to temperature required for your clay brand. You can find the baking time information on the back or side of your clay packaging.

Step2: Roll out your clay on your chosen work surface into a cane. If you want a smaller size needle keep rolling your cane until you reach your desired length and size. Otherwise stop rolling your cane or else it will become very thin and fragile.

Step3: Now you chose what style of needle you want. Straight, craved, slope in the center or cane shape needle, etc.

Step4: Once you have picked the style you want and bended your cane into the shape. Round out the ends by rolling them back and forward until you have a nice pointy tip.

Step5: Your needle is now ready for baking, cover your baking pan or tile with foil and lay your needle(s) on top. You can now place it in the oven or continue to make a few more needles like I did. Use a timer if you dont want to sit and watch your needle(s) if you are using a oven without a timer.

Step6: Remove your needle(s) from the over but be careful the tile or baking sheet you are using will be very hot. Use a oven-mitt to remove tile/baking pan and let it cool off. Once everything is cool you can use your needle(s) as is or add a coat of glaze like I did for a more finished look.

Step7: Start knitting cables with your new needle.

Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoyed my first clay how-to everyone.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Summer HPC 2013
No more cellphone headaches!
midkiffsjoy
« Reply #765 on: July 29, 2013 11:37:45 PM »

Jennieingram- Smiley  My dad was the same way.  He wanted meat, biscuits, and potatoes at every meal.  My mother's family is Hungarian, but I only got stuffed cabbage and stove burnt bread at my Granny's house.  I'm making sure my kids have a much wider range of palette.  Every Thanksgiving, children always get the drum sticks.  It has always been so at my house.  I would be afraid to attempt denying them that. LOL Smiley  We will have to try parsnips. Smiley  Omg!!!  Enjoy every second with your new nephew!!!  Babies are so wonderful!!! Cheesy  

Naantje- Oh nooooo.  I am so sorry, but it's awesome that you sowed the seed of knitting in the minds of those who saw you.  You may be thought back upon with inspiration.  There is no telling what feat may be laid at spying you. Smiley  I love your quotes. Smiley

Moonflame- Smiley  Oh WOW!!!  You made your own dishwashing tabs??  That's so cool!!!! Cheesy  That is a COOL bookmark!!!  I love it!! Smiley  I love the epoxy glasses!!!

pinkleo- Glad you're having such a great birthday week!!! Smiley

Netchez- Oh WOW!!!  I watched you crochet that hat!!!  It IS gold, but the picture sure makes it look yellow.  O.O  (I still think it's pretty : )

CraftyLadyMJ-  True, but it's a *creative* giggle, at least. Smiley  I once designed a manor house 8 stories high to be built in the middle of 1000 acres surrounded by pines.  The only part that would be seen from the road was a tower with a gargoyle on top painted with glow in the dark paint.  rofl  OH WOW!!!  I have no idea what a cable needle is, or to it's use but it's AWESOME!!!  (and now I want to learn how to use them so I have an excuse to have some!!!! lol Cheesy )

I had TWO things to post, a class, and my seeker but darned if AnnoyingBabySister didn't pick up my seeker and run off with it.  We have yet to find it.  Rofl.  Serves me right for sewing doll clothes as a challenge.  Lol  Cheesy  It will just have to wait.  But tonight I have these to post. Smiley  

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Study of Ancient Runes Class
Project Name: A shirt for Super Geek
Project Page Link (if available):
Brief Description: (how it fits the requirements, pattern/techniques/recipe used, any fun tips, etc.) Every trip to Hobby Lobby has us driving 120 miles round trip, so we draw out as much time as possible between them.  We deeply enjoy every trip due, in part, to a manager.  A man we refer to as Super Geek.  He wears a name tag with a Star Trek uniform pin, a one ring wedding ring, geek tshirts, and is a fountain of anime knowledge.  ABS enjoys discussing pokemon with him as often as she gets the chance.  He enjoys the conversations as much as she does.  I had seen a meme that was a wonderful mishmash of many geeky themes.  I used Gimp to make it even geekier by changing the bottom text to that of a different geeky mishmash I had seen, then printed it out onto iron on paper and ironed it onto a shirt as a gift of testament to his geekiness.  Both he and his lady wife absolutely adored it.  Smiley
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: *S.P.E.W.* Days for Girls Moon pads *S.P.E.W*
Project Name: Days for Girls Moon pads
Project Page Link (if available): http://www.daysforgirls.org/#!patterns-and-sewing-tips/c1upv
Brief Description: (how it fits the requirements, pattern/techniques/recipe used, any fun tips, etc.) I have sewn some moon pads from some adorable piggy flannel that I had left over from sewing diapers.  
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster.  Justifying my need for a craft room. Cheesy

Cheesy !!!!Let's go Hufflepuff Let's go!!!! Cheesy
Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

Liberal Tie-Dyed Tree Hugger

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #766 on: July 30, 2013 06:28:14 AM »

HPC Overload. Can't. Process. All. The. Awesomeness.

Happy Belated B-day Headmistress!

Yay for Quidditch! Love the fast and furious crafting going on!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BadWolf314

Team Textbook Captain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #767 on: July 30, 2013 08:19:24 AM »

So many awesome crafts! I feel like I've been such a slacker!

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Alchemy
Project Name: Peacock Socks   
Brief Description: I saw this yarn at the craft store and the blues, greens and whites screamed peacock to me. So I whipped up these cute little baby socks.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Charms
Ravenclaw Extra Credit: Charms
Project Name: Owl Stamp
Brief Description: I decided to try something new and learn how to carve my own stamp. I used the gouging spell and this cute little owl popped!
Project Picture:

« Last Edit: August 07, 2013 01:20:05 PM by BadWolf314 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Theres no point in being grown up if you cant act a little childish sometimes.
Summer HPC
Summer Nerd Battles!
FiberAlchemist

Wit Beyond Measure

View Profile WWW
« Reply #768 on: July 30, 2013 11:42:34 AM »

I have a big batch of projects to turn in today, it's going to be a longish post.   Roll Eyes

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Alchemy
Project Name:  Watercolor Peacock
Brief Description: I had a peacock pattern in the embroidery folder on my computer (design by Urban Threads) and I thought it would fulfill my homework requirements; but I wanted to jazz it up and try something new. After completing the stitching I added some watercolor paints to give a wash of color.  I very much like how the tail turned out; but the body bled a bit farther than I would have liked.  I enjoyed the technique and will try it again the future.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Charms
Project Name:  Whedonverse Stamps
Brief Description: I mastered the gouging spell making these rubber stamps.  Armed with my trusty wand... er lino cutter I removed layer after layer until my desired image was revealed.  These stamps are based on the Muggle television programs Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, and Firefly.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Flying (Shiny)
Project Name:  Dino Charms
Brief Description: I made a orange Stegosaur and a purple T-Rex out of polymer clay and added headpins to charmify them.  After they were baked I added a coat of glossy glaze to give them a shiny finish.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Herbology
Project Name:  Cherry Shakes
Brief Description:  I love ice cream!  It is one of my absolute favorite things and when I can turn it into a yummy dink I’m even more happy.  Using vanilla ice cream, milk and a jar of Morello Cherries I blended up a delicious pink concoction, that tastes like summer.  Yumm.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Muggle Studies
Ravenclaw Extra Credit: Transfiguration
Project Name:  (mostly) Water Safe Match Jar
Brief Description:  Since it often rains here in the Pacific Northwest it’s best to keep your matches in something a little more water proof than the cardboard box they come in.  I have bunches of mason jars floating around my house, so I decided to re-purpose one into a match holder. I used two coats of a  silver mirrored spray paint to give it a faux mercury glass look and then cut the strikers off of the box and used them as the jar lid.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Potions
Project Name:  Minky Sleep Mask
Brief Description:  I have a very difficult time sleeping in a room that is not 100% dark.  Since that it hard to come by most times of the year (especially during the summer with 5:30am sunrises) I made myself a sleep mask.  The front is leftover quilt scraps and the back is snuggly gray Minky.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: July Detention
Project Name:  Zig Zag Quilt
Brief Description:  This WIP has been hanging around my sewing space for the better part of a year.  I completed the quilt top last summer and was never exactly sure how I wanted to quilt it, so I hung it up for a while.  I finally settled on some stitch in the ditch quilting for the middle section and some free motion loop-de-loops for the borders.  Finished size aprox. 75” x 75”.  Pattern from the Moda Bakeshop.
Project Picture:

« Last Edit: July 30, 2013 05:48:10 PM by FiberAlchemist » THIS ROCKS   Logged

FiberAlchemist

Wit Beyond Measure

View Profile WWW
« Reply #769 on: July 30, 2013 11:44:01 AM »

And I also have some advanced studies to propose.

OWL Subject & Option(if available):  Potions Option 1
Project Name:  A Very Weasley Christmas
Brief Description:  To show my ability to work with many different ingredients I plan to crochet a Granny Tree Skirt.  The pattern uses ten different ingredients (colors) and blends them together into a festive final project.  Also I love the pattern because it reminds me of something Molly Weasley would have in the Burrow at Christmas time.  I plan on a completion date of August 21.

NEWT Subject:  Muggle Studdies
Project Name: Do you know the way?
Brief Description:  I have always been inspired by “road signs” that tell the way to fictional places.  For my NEWT I will study both classic and modern muggle fairy tails and create a piece of art for my garden showing the way to many different fairy tale locations.  I plan on this project taking about 5 weeks with a proposed completion date of August 30 (right in time for the end of term).  Week 1 - I will research muggle fairy tails and choose the locations I will be using.  Week 2 -  I will design each sign with paper and pencil.  Week 3 - Purchasing and prepping my supplies.  Weeks 4 & 5 - Painting and sealing the signs and completing the project.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013 03:33:52 PM by FiberAlchemist » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 110 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Beauty Masterclass: Get a Pretty Party Look
How to Get Cinderella Makeup for Halloween
Going to College in NYC
How to Get a Sun-Kissed Look!
How to Get Fierce Lion Makeup for Halloween
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...