A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 297,505
Currently Running With Scissors:
406 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 110
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED-HP Craftalong ~Summer Semester 2013~  (Read 118211 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #660 on: July 21, 2013 04:31:18 PM »

~*Notices & Inquiries*~
@TechnicolorAquahearts: You must be seeing into the beyond because August's Detention hasn't been posted yet.  Where would you like to submit your Doggie Dress Do-Over?

pinkleo is quite correct.  I have not posted August's Detention prompt yet.  And this time it will be a miscellaneous prompt, rather than a work-in-progress.  Everyone will just have to wait to find out what I've got up my sleeve for that one!  Wink
Oh thank goodness, I thought I was reading my tea leaves all wrong! Cool

...I looked at that Google parchment and added my notes.  Let me say overall SUPER LOVE!!!! Cool

pinkleo, cherry juice dye? So cool! What are you going to make?
I'm thinking a felted roll for paint brushes. Grin
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013 04:34:12 PM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

jenleahlynn
« Reply #661 on: July 21, 2013 05:05:46 PM »

i saw the question about my divination project and i will reread the assignment and resubmit.

challenge-bernie botts blackberry beans
house-gryffendor
project-blueberry cake

blackberries are hard to come by in our area, but we took a trip to the blueberry pathc this weekend, and came home with 9lbs, plus what ever the kids ate while they were working. pretty good for about an hours work. most of them went into the freezer, and some went into this blueberry cake,
i always forget to post until it is already half gone. the recipe is from the cake doctor. we leave off the coffee cake toping and use cream cheese frosting instead. sometimes we also add a blueberry syrup.

combine-yellow cake mix, 8 oz. cream cheese, 3 eggs, 1/2 cup oil, 1/2 cup sugar, 1/4 cup milk. pour into greased 13x9 pan (i used a bundt pan and the blueberries all ended up on the bottom when i flipped it) scatter 1 1/2 cup berries on top and bake 45m at 350.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jenleahlynn

harry potter craft along- winter semester
2013-art journal along
journal prompt swap
shop the swap winter
breaking dawn swap
ongoing atc swap
pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #662 on: July 21, 2013 05:43:17 PM »

i saw the question about my divination project and i will reread the assignment and resubmit.
No prob, just let me know before the end of term. Smiley  And your cake looks sooooo yummy!  Man, the HPC makes me hungry.  And the half-eaten pic is the best.... :::off to search for sweet snack:::
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ant Bee

Expecto Procrastinatum!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #663 on: July 22, 2013 08:52:46 AM »

Greetings and salutations, my fellow Hogwartians! Firstly, I want to thank those of you who have kindly left encouraging comments on my grand "Blow your wrists out knitting geekiness" project squares. I have 14 done now and am still going. Thinking of finding/inventing wearable wrist icepacks...

Congrats to MamanTattoo on her little Victor- so cute! Slytherins, the posted denial of baby requests in the common room remains in effect. If you are not familiar with that announcement see the bulletin board on page 2.

The quilt projects this summer have both encouraged and shamed me- please don't look at the O.W.L. list and certainly pay no mind to the proposal date of SEPTEMBER 8 under my name. Nope. Don't do it. That is not the O.W.L. you are looking for...

And now it is my pleasure to welcome a guest correspondent reporting on the S.P.E.W. project posts of the week! So, without further ado I give you Sybill Trelawney with The Weekly S.P.E.W. REVIEW! *Applause*

Trelawney: *Blink. Blink.* (pause) Thank you, Thank you....
(A few minutes pass in an uncomfortable silence)
Me: Ahem, Sybill?
T: *Blink. Blink.* Hush! One cannot rush the inner eye to see!
M: Well, um, You don't need it really, the students posted everything already. We went over this before the broadcast, Sybill.
(Sound of sherry bottles shifting in deep robe pockets and the patter of typing on a keyboard)
T: Ahhhh, yes.... My inner eye is tuning into them annnnnd  I can see them now...
M: Ah. Good. Shall we begin then?
T: (Pause) mmm, yessss....  Slytherin house has provided for the tiny feet of 4 little house elves...? No.... Babies... yes, babies in neeeeeed...... (*Blink. blink.*)
M: Oh, that's great! That must be Lelyonna. She's been on a roll with those cute booties.
T: ...yessss... and.... I see... A lion wearing a tiny striped hat and juggling....  a garden...
M: (sighs) Orrrr, maybe you see the cute baby beanie Pinkleo made for Bundles of Joy and the flower squares for Pine Ridge?
T: One cannot always interpret the visions of the inner eye.... It is a gift, and not all have been granted that gift...
M: Right. Well then, do you see anything else from last week's posts?
T: ... yess..... I see.... There are... Days for Girls moon pads made by... a badger...
M: Excellent, that would be Midkiffsjoy, she's been making those this summer. A good cause, that.
T: *Blink... Blink... stares off into nothingness...*
M: *cough*
T: The eye is closing, I can see no more...
M: Great, tha-
T: WAIT! I see something new.... You.... You are in Great danger!
M: (To audience) Well, that's all the time we have today, folks! Thanks for tuning in and as we close out with a golden oldie from Celestina Warbeck here are the house standings as of right now:

Gryffindor:120
Slytherin: 110
Hufflepuff: 40
Ravenclaw: 20

Next week's password will be "Humperdink." Thank you all and Happy Crafting!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harry witnessed Professor McGonagall walking right past Peeves who was determinedly loosening a crystal chandelier and could have sworn he heard her tell the poltergeist out of the corner of her mouth 'It unscrews the other way.
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
lelyonna
Tutorial Contributor

Regnflickan

View Profile
« Reply #664 on: July 22, 2013 09:12:51 AM »

Soooo much love one that broadcast <3
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The key to happiness is not getting what you want- it's wanting what you get"
VegJess

Pretending to be a functioning adult is exhausting

View Profile
« Reply #665 on: July 22, 2013 11:06:39 AM »

Thank you Pinkleo for the lovely words of welcome Smiley. I have been going through all of the pages here and I already feel at home! Loving everyone's projects and the overall spirit of the castle. I hope to settle in for years to come!

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Watermelon Bean
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Loose Change Quick Purse
Brief Description: I'm home sick from work today and I decided to check out what was going on at school today (Seems backwards right? :-P). I saw that the bean had changed to watermelon so I searched my craft room for the right colors. I came up with a small leftover ball of green yarn and a scrap of pink satin and I got to work. This was the first time that I have ever sewn a piece of fabric into any of my knitting projects, so please forgive it for not being perfect. I'm pretty happy for a couple of Torchwood episodes' worth of work. Smiley
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #666 on: July 22, 2013 12:42:53 PM »

Challenge: July Detention
House: Gryffindor!
Project Name: Lucky Charms Bracelet

Project Page Link: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=425815.0#axzz2ZnmDZNfP
Brief Description: This poor bracelet has been about 3 years in the making.  I started collecting the charms right after making my first ever charm bracelet for pinkleo back in the IYP Round 11 Swap.  I managed to collect things I liked, and eventually even put together some bead pins, but after that they all just languished in a bag waiting to be put onto a bracelet.  I bumped into the bag while looking through my stash for more bracelet chain, and decided it was finally time to knock out this work in progress! 
Project Picture:

Challenge: ****House Unity****
House: Gryffindor!
Project Name: Ultimate Harry Potter Charm Bracelet

Project Page Link: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=425814.0#axzz2ZnmDZNfP
Brief Description: The bracelet is a celebration of all things Hogwarts and includes 31 charms in a mix of pewter and Tibetan silver. This is a variation on my usual style, and does not include any bead work.   Wink  Not sure what I think of it so far.  It feels a little "naked" to me, but maybe I'll get over it.  Cheesy
Project Picture:

~*Advanced Studies Update*~
I began my Blackberry Bourbon and Red Raspberry Vinegar on Saturday.  Here they are steeping.  They need 4 more days before straining and bottling.   The bourbon has turned a deep purple-black color that looks like stained glass in the light.  Smiley  The raspberry vinegar is a bright vibrant red. 

I also did a first round of small batch canning, to practice a bit before canning with friends.  Here are the 3 pint jars of Heirloom Tomato Salsa from the book Put 'Em Up!  There is a little "fruit float" going on (a condition in which the fruit/veg solids float up above some of the liquid), but according to the books, this is just fine. 

My plans for Friday include doing a large batch of Dill Pickle Spears with Amanda, and I will be doing a large batch of the same Heirloom Tomato Salsa recipe on Saturday with Amber.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Facebook | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
lelyonna
Tutorial Contributor

Regnflickan

View Profile
« Reply #667 on: July 22, 2013 01:02:26 PM »

Jennieingram: those bracelets are awsome (and that coming from someone who for irrational reasons has a phobia of jewlery and mostly feel sick looking at them. Don't ask, it's weird)! I love the nerdiness and details of the harry potter one, but the green one is so gorgeous in colours!

VegJess: What a cute little purse. And so practical! I could probably make such a thing myself too.. Mine tend to just fall to the bottom of my bag and lie there for ages...

Tiamatfire: I love the work. Such cute pieces!

CraftyLadyMJ: I love your little line of signs. Just my style, in colours and styling and everything. Just perfect!

Mamantattoo: Best piece in this entire craftalong, by far. Such a little wonder! Deepest congratulations.

Everyone: For the love of Merlin, stop baking so many temptations! I get hungry everytime I am here!

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Bertie Bott's - Watermelon
House: Slytherin
SPEW: Women's shelter
Project Name: Red and white
Brief Description: So, yet another pair of socks for our shelter. These ones are made in the lovely red and white colours of a watermelon.

OWL UPDATE!
I know it isn't friday, but last friday I hadn't even started, and now I am so pleased with the progress that I simply had to show you! This is the beginning of my elf dress. I am glad that the structure came out so nicely, becasue that means I shall have time to weave decorations and embroider some on it too. Lovely! It was a bit tricky in the top, because it is sewn in a way so that all seams end up inbetween the outer and inner layer as you go along sewing, so it is impossible to go back and alter a line without starting over from scratch. So.. you need to have the shape all clear before starting to sew or it will end up horribly. Sooo... right now I am working on the sleeves (as you might see in the picture. It is not really attached yet, but it is gaining shape at least). This is so much fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The key to happiness is not getting what you want- it's wanting what you get"
DragonChilde

Head of Slytherin House

View Profile
« Reply #668 on: July 22, 2013 03:51:57 PM »

Time for more comments!

Abbeeroad ~ That Tie Dye is fantastic, I love the colors. Your quilt is looking fantastic!
pottermouth ~ your Cork-key us the cutest thing! I have got to try that broccoli and pasta casserole.
noodle-bug ~ Those hoops are fantastic! I love the LED lights
ntrebleagain ~ Rainer Bourbon Cherries, I have got to hear how that works out! Those banana bread muffins sound delicious!
VegJess ~ Your SoAR blanket  is the sweetest. I love the thought and symbolism you put into it. Your change purse is very cute.
jennieingram ~ Those Gemini Quilts turned out wonderfully! I love the bee fabric. Your portkey bookmark is so wonderful, I would be worried someone would snatch it us and use it. Both of your charm bracelet look wonderful! It looks like your NEWT will be a fun and delicious project!
pinkleo ~ I love the Potion Master's Ghan! It looks fantastic! Your Puff Spider Portkey Square truly looks fearsome. Those berry square look wonderful! I love the cherry dyed yarn. Another beanie? So cute!
Ant Bee ~ I love the space junk square and your Arithmancy square is wonderful as well.
netchez ~ Dill pickle relish and watermelon rind preserves sound delicious! That dream catcher looks fantastic and your portkey looks beautiful. Your OWL looks great!
jenleahlynn ~ Those cards are gorgeous. I would have loved to have received one of those from my mother when I was at camp. It looks like you had fun camping muggle style! That blueberry cake looks soo good.
BadWolf314 ~ Those socks look nice and warm! The Bad Wolf necklace is very pretty and so is the Always necklace.
ErinAquaheart Your portkey is so very cute. That cupcake necklace looks sweet.
lelyonna ~ That Lingonberrry jam looks so good. I love the booties that you have been making and for such a good cause as well! Red current berrie square, that is one lucky neighbor. Even more booties! So cute. Your dress looks like it is coming along swimmingly.
tiamatfire ~ That owl portkey is adorable. I bet your Harry Potter Quiet Book will be fantastic! I really like the chamber of secrets. Those popsicles sound delicious, even though I don't have to deal with morning sickness!
MamanTattoo ~ Victor! So adorable. THat owlet sweater is also adorable (additionally, I just noticed that your personal text is the triple moon symbol. Merry Meet to another pagan [feel free to correct me if I am wrong])
teag ~ That whimsical rocking bird is fantastic! Your advertisements look gorgeous. Those cherry scones looks fantastic!
CraftyLadyMJ ~ I love the colors of your yoga bag. Those socks look really warm. I love the Blackberry window sign.
midkiffsjoy ~ That black berry quilt square is really cute. I love the idea of a garden spider home! I think it is fantastic that you are making and donating moon pads.
AnnoyingBigSister ~ Your clay fruit is cute!
AnnoyingLittleBrother ~ Your origami watermelons look great!
panda bear ~ Those chocolate cherries sound yummy! Make sure you are extra nice to your mother for letting her use your account!
TechnicolorAquahearts ~ That soup looks so very yummy! That doggie dress is cute.The Dodo! So cute! (It reminds me of Alice in Wonderland)

And finally caught up with the comments.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Don't shed a tear for me/I stand alone/This path of destiny/Is all my own ~Blackmore's Night "Olde Village Lanterne"
Spring Harry Potter Craftalong
lynnieangel
« Reply #669 on: July 22, 2013 06:22:00 PM »

Hi i am lynnieangel! Jenleahlynn is my mom and panda bear is my sister. I would like to join the ravenclaw house. I have a project for extra credit but i havent scanned it Grin. I really like drawing. I like luna lovegood and hermione. I like the first harry potter book and all the movies except the deathly hallows are kind of creepy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 110 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Art of Painting on Guitars
Mark Millar Nemesis Chat
The Dragon Tales Cartoon from Sacramento, California
Painting Prehistoric California
Learn About the Life of Leonardo Da Vinci Part 3/3
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...