A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 299,123
Currently Running With Scissors:
658 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 110
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED-HP Craftalong ~Summer Semester 2013~  (Read 123733 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

AugustBell
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #570 on: July 13, 2013 08:28:24 PM »

Pinkleo I adore the hoop!!!! I have had that pattern pinned as "tattoo inspiration" forever, but I need to face it...it's not gonna happen. So I'm pumped to see your hoop. I need to make one for me. It's so fabulous and I love that you painted the hoop. I need to try my hand at that technique!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WhistleFish
« Reply #571 on: July 13, 2013 08:31:12 PM »

Whoa...I had 13 pages to catch up on. So many awesome things! And now I'm strangely hungry. There's been a lot of food this semester! I don't have much time to comment on every person's crafting, but there are some awesome projects this semester!

Okay, one in particular I will comment on...
tiamatfire - I am BEYOND excited for your NEWT. Please be sure to give us update pics! I've been seeing pictures of that quiet book floating around the internet and I'm in love. How old is Evie?

I'll see you all soon!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #572 on: July 13, 2013 09:03:08 PM »

Pinkleo I adore the hoop!!!! I have had that pattern pinned as "tattoo inspiration" forever, but I need to face it...it's not gonna happen. So I'm pumped to see your hoop. I need to make one for me. It's so fabulous and I love that you painted the hoop. I need to try my hand at that technique!
Glad to inspire; I can't wait to see your final results. Grin  (and can I say there are way too many fab HP tattoo ideas out there...but now I want to make hooplas of them all! Cool)

« Last Edit: July 13, 2013 09:05:55 PM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Harry Potter Craftalong Headmistress*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #573 on: July 14, 2013 07:01:37 AM »

Note from the Deputy Headmistress....

Our newest Witch of the Week for the semester has been posted!  Be sure to check the Witch of the Week Board to find out who it is!!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Facebook | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #574 on: July 14, 2013 01:08:46 PM »

~*Headmistress Swap Temptation*~

Hello fabulous HPCers! Grin  I am stopping in on this fine SPEW Sunday to let y'all know about a future HP Swap.  Can you believe it's time for our annual Back to Hogwarts swap!?!  Yup!  It's time to get ready for your return to school.  And if you received your letter, then it is time to go shopping, pack your trunk, and prepare to go back to Hogwarts.  Here's a handy ~*PORTKEY*~ for those wishing to look into joining us. Hope to see you there! Cool

Few Dets..
--SIGNUPS: August 2-16
--SENDOUTS: October 4
~* 2 weeks of signups and 7 weeks to craft*~
--You can Invite Your (own) Partner (aka IYP).

« Last Edit: July 14, 2013 01:13:44 PM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

ErinAquaheart
« Reply #575 on: July 14, 2013 01:57:26 PM »

I am about to do cartwheels over all the great stuff!!!!!!!! Great work everyone! So many favorite projects!

Class: Astronomy
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Shooting Stars
Project Description: My favorite summer night sky event happen every August. I await the Perseid Meteor shower every year with great anticipation. So in honor of these events and how much I love to watch it I made a celestial shooting star necklace. I hand beaded a mix of yellow, pearl, and a blue mix of seed beads and then used little white resin stars for my shooting stars. I'm really happy with how it lays. I was afraid that the drops would hang all crooked. Got lucky I guess.... Cheesy

And then, its not Friday, but its been forever since I did a Advanced Studies update.
So NEWT update.
I took a while off when Technicolor had her health problems so I fell off my schedule but am now working on completion, hopefully within the next few weeks. Here are some of the zodiac symbols that I have completed so far.
Pisces

Virgo

Gemini

and Ares midprocess

*note: I don't know why the pics are different sizes but the pisces and virgo are the same size and the gemini and ares are the same size....weird that they look like that....hmmmm.*
I have designed all the other symbols and am working on transferring them all to watercolor paper right now.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
DragonChilde

Head of Slytherin House

View Profile
« Reply #576 on: July 14, 2013 07:21:55 PM »

I finally found the time to write up individual comments! Everything so far has been fantastic! Also, for those who care to know, our little urban farm had babies yesterday. Baby bunnies!

patty_o ~ That doodle is fantastic! I might have to do something similar for myself.
BadWolf314 ~ Those muffins sound fantastic!
jennieingram ~ I love those Fire Stars. The fabric for your NEWT quilt is so cute. I like how your OWL quilt looks as well (I really need to learn how to quilt)
tiamatfire ~ YOur neighbor sure is lucky! I love the color of your Arcturus dishcloth. Those booties are adorable. I will have to try those energy bites.
Audania1 ~ Hot spiced cider is a wonderful use of forgotten apple juice. I love your Quidditch portkey
midkiffsjoy ~ That beaded collar is really pretty. Were you using a bead loom? That is a clever cold frame. Your S.P.E.W. project is wonderful. I need to make some flannel moon pads.
pinkleo ~ That hoopla so gorgeous! I will see you at the Back to Hogwarts swap (YAY! It will be my first swap!)
Moonflame ~ That yarn is a wonderful color.
Naantje ~ That crochet coat hanger is wonderful.  The rabbit security blanket is soooo cute.
noodle-bug ~ Your nails look fantastic. The bubble wrap monster is really adorable. Those socks look warm and wonderfully mismatched (I almost always wear mismatched socks, it wards off faeries, so that is a compliment). I would love to learn how to knit socks and hats and hand them out to house elf cosplayers at the next LeakyCon
teag ~ Those strusel muffins sound fantastic.
CONGRATULATIONS TO the WotWs travelgirl, noodle-bug, patty_o, and pinkleo
ErinAquaheart ~ That Shooting Stars necklace is beautiful (I'm really glad that it lays correctly, it is a pain when jewelry doesn't). Your NEWT looks wonderful thus far.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013 07:22:59 PM by DragonChilde » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Don't shed a tear for me/I stand alone/This path of destiny/Is all my own ~Blackmore's Night "Olde Village Lanterne"
Spring Harry Potter Craftalong
Ant Bee

Expecto Procrastinatum!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #577 on: July 14, 2013 07:33:40 PM »

Dear S.P.E.W. Review subscribers,

Due to someone falling disastrously behind on a crafty-gift deadline the S.P.E.W. Review for the week of July 7-13 will be posted tomorrow afternoon, Eastern Standard time. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.  While no official reason for the deadline issues has been announced, we can neither confirm nor deny it has been impacted greatly by the editor gazing lovingly at a newly acquired Pinkleo Hoopla Original and chanting "Mine. Mine. Mi-mi-mi-mine. Mine. Mine. Mi-mi-mi-mine" repeatedly while dancing.

Your business is important to us. We thank you for your continued subscription support.
~Management
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harry witnessed Professor McGonagall walking right past Peeves who was determinedly loosening a crystal chandelier and could have sworn he heard her tell the poltergeist out of the corner of her mouth 'It unscrews the other way.
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
teag
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #578 on: July 14, 2013 08:55:36 PM »

I don't happen to crochet or knit, But many of you do - and I thought I'd share this: Neville earmuffs

http://www.favecrafts.com/Crochet-Hats-Scarves-Gloves/Coziest-Ear-Muffs/ml/1

in today's email from favecrafts there was a host of free Christmas crochet and knitting patterns for free, in fact all the craft patterns and tutorials on this sight is free

http://www.favecrafts.com
THIS ROCKS   Logged

teag
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #579 on: July 14, 2013 09:08:52 PM »

My E-mail is sending me all kinds of Harry Potter fun, take a walk down Diagon Alley London

click here: http://tinyurl.com/n3rp4wu
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 110 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Gooseberry Jelly
How to Make Mayonnaise - Whip It Up!
How to Make Butter
How to Make Tequila Chicken
Beer Can Turkey
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow
Tute Tuesday: Cross Stitched Sewing Box

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...