A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 302,793
Currently Running With Scissors:
846 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 110
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED-HP Craftalong ~Summer Semester 2013~  (Read 115198 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

DragonChilde

Head of Slytherin House

View Profile
« Reply #510 on: July 08, 2013 03:58:02 PM »

Wow, gone for a week and so much happens... I managed to complete one class assignment (looks like I get another detentions)... I see that it is a 'thing' to post individual comments (mayhap that will me the reward I give myself for cleaning the dormitories) so I will try to get to that at some point.

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Transfiguration
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Of the Dragon's Scales
Project Page Link (if available):see description for links to basic scale maille instructions and the weave info for the maille chains and for my supplier
Brief Description: This necklace (made for my mother) was inspired by the common Welsh Green Dragon. The chain is a chainmaille weave known as the box weave and the supporting chains are the fool's dilemma weave. The scales have a Celtic knot for protection inscribed on the back (we all know that dragons guard their treasures jealously). The scale portion of the necklace is a modification of the basic scale maille weave.
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Don't shed a tear for me/I stand alone/This path of destiny/Is all my own ~Blackmore's Night "Olde Village Lanterne"
Spring Harry Potter Craftalong
CraftyLadyMJ

A crafting I'll go...

View Profile
« Reply #511 on: July 08, 2013 06:50:08 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: SOAR
House: Hufflepuff
Project: A Store Birthday Gift
Brief Description: I needed a last minute gift for my friend birthday. I decide to make her a bath salt and a turtle cellphone charm that can be attached to any necklace or bracelet. On the inside of the charm is .her name and a tiny round mirror. She is a big turtle fan, turtle stuff everywhere. So I knew this would make a great gift.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013 07:22:17 PM by CraftyLadyMJ » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Summer HPC 2013
No more cellphone headaches!
teag
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #512 on: July 08, 2013 08:45:27 PM »

~*OWL PROPOSAL HEADER*~
OWL Subject & Option(if available): Potions option 1
House:Ravenclaw
Project Name: Diagon Alley Advertising posters

Brief Description: I discovered that drawing was something you could learn to do- and as I showed in my HP encyclopedia- I am getting pretty good at it, however I tend to shy away from shading and color- I will create adverts and poster to help Diagon Alley get back on it's feet after the second wizard war nearly destroyed their business-

I will be sketching using pencil, pen and ink for outlining and shading a combination of watercolor paints, colored pencils, and
/or art markers to add color.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

noodle-bug
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

equal parts love and evil laughter

« Reply #513 on: July 09, 2013 05:39:39 AM »

Ok... I have quite a lot to update here... Cheesy

Class: Astronomy
House: ravenclaw
ravenclaw extra credit: alchemy
Project: reusable tea bag
In the summer we always go to the herstmonceaux observatory and use their vintage scopes to look at the moons of jupiter - I always think of how amazed the galileo must have been; I choose this bead, of a man sitting on a moon looking rather stunned, to represent summer star-gazing.

I also used a piece of tiger's eye stone, becasue it is said to represent patience, determination, focus and deliberation - skills and attributes all good astronomers need

Class: Charms
ravenclaw extra credit: transfiguration
project: windchime
I made this windchime based on one from jennie's pinterest; i gouged holes in the metal of 3 cookie cutters to use them as the top, and then decorated with braids and beads;
i wanted it to be quite eclectic, so there's lots of different materials of bead; wooden, glass, ceramic, metal, plastic. I included some to represent jennie's life and the potterverse; hogwarts castle, dragons, pixies, a gryfindor lion, the dramatic masks (for jennie's job), owls.... 

Class: Divination
ravenlaw extra credit: potions
project: tea infuser
I added some charms and a double sided hexie to this tea infuser to make it a bit prettier Smiley I used red to represent fire.

And, frankly, if you don't consider tea a magical healing potion, I can't even talk to you!

Class: arithmancy
ravenclaw extra credit: herbology
This tea wallet is for storing one plant (tea!) and is made from another (cotton!)

It opens up to have [pockets for tea bags on one side, and a padded mug rug on the other

Challnege: July Quidditch - Portkey
Project: a fancy dress outfit for a book
I had intended on buying some bunny ears to leave on this book when I bookcrossed it - but it turns out no where sells bunny ears except at easter, so I made these out of cardboard instead, and a carrot too Smiley the book is pictured in in leicester square, where I left it for some passerby to take - it's a muggle portkey since like all books it will transport you to different places Cheesy

I have more but I have to go to work! Boo! I'll finish updating later Smiley
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013 09:13:17 AM by noodle-bug » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

Liberal Tie-Dyed Tree Hugger

« Reply #514 on: July 09, 2013 07:22:25 AM »

Class: Alchemy
House: Gryffindor!
Project Name: Lotus Necklace
Project Page Link: N/A
Brief Description: The strand of this necklace is multicolored and multitextured, much like a peacock's tail. The charm on the end is a wire-wrapped little yogi in lotus pose, around a green triangle bead.
Project Pictures:

Class: Herbology
Project Name: Breathe Prayer Flag
Brief Description: Cherry wood wands inspire self-control and strength of mind to those who wield them. Similarly, yoga inspires the strength and self-control of the body, the mind, and the spirit both on and off the mat. Prayer flags are excellent reminders to maintain the lessons of yoga throughout daily life.
Project Picture:

Class: Flying
Project Name: Tonks inspired dyed yarn
Brief Description: This hand-dyed cotton yarn is laced with a SHINY thread. Inspired by Tonks, who can change her hair color and appearance with a shimmer and a shake of her head. BONUS: Shiny Skele-Gro charm.
Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #515 on: July 09, 2013 07:23:49 AM »

Challenge: Alchemy
Gryffindor Extra Credit: Used Fabric
Project Name: Cuppa Love Mug Rug

Project Page Link:
Brief Description: My Alchemy homework was inspired by the bold, rich colors of a peacock's plumage. Teal, gold, and even bits of wine and plum.  It is a sweet little quilted mug rug made for noodle-bug.  The fabric was a gift from sheepBlue in the IYP swap.
Project Picture:

Challenge: Bertie Bott's - Blackberry
Project Name: Farmer's Market Bracelet

Project Page Link:
Brief Description:  This entry isn't inspired by a single item from the farmer's market.  It's inspired by *everything* I find at the farmer's market!  It holds 30 lampwork glass fruits, veggies, and flowers, including pumpkins, strawberries, bok choy, red apples, mushrooms, sweet corn, carrots, garlic, roses, peppers, golden apples, and eggplants.
Project Picture:

Class: Charms
Gryffindor Extra Credit: Used pink rubber and blonde wood.
Project Name: Carved Rubber Stamps

Project Page Link:
Brief Description:  To master the gouging charm, I practiced for hours on something not to hard.  Just to get my eye in.  I created these three carved rubber stamps for noodle-bug.  The Deathly Hallows, a teapot, and a little tea time spread.  I'm afraid I'm now hooked on making stamps.....  Wink
Project Picture:
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013 07:39:41 AM by jennieingram » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong - Spring Semester

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

Liberal Tie-Dyed Tree Hugger

« Reply #516 on: July 09, 2013 07:48:29 AM »

noodle-bug, I'm so in love with that wind chime!!!

jennie - hahaha....what an awesome Farmer's Market bracelet! Only you would have the perfect veggie glass beads.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AugustBell
« Reply #517 on: July 09, 2013 07:50:45 AM »

Hello again!!! I have been MIA for quite a while, and I'm happy to have a new project to share! I'm going to have to catch up on all these amazing projects today. I can't wait to see what's been going on in here.

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Apparition
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Dumbledore!
Project Page Link (if available): http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=425445.0#axzz2YYgqqLC1
Brief Description: So I've had a lonely bag of polyfil sitting in my trunk for quite a while and I felt like it was time to whip something up with it. What better than a giant stuffie of our favorite Headmaster, Professor Dumbledore? I've made the Potter Puppet Pals version of Dumbledore and he is almost 4 feet tall with his hat...Not only did I make the whole bag of polyfil dissapear but I had to go digging in my closet for more of it! Yay stash busting! Anywho, I got the idea from the wonderful pottermouth and she was so nice to send me the guide to making him. He's my first sewn stuffie and I love him!!
Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

fluttermuffin
« Reply #518 on: July 09, 2013 09:33:10 AM »

oh my goodness... love the "cuppa love" mat.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

noodle-bug

equal parts love and evil laughter

« Reply #519 on: July 09, 2013 09:36:30 AM »

I'm doing a 'mine' dance, jennie Cheesy sure, it's smug, but I can't help it!

Great flags too, and I love that dumbledore!

Ok... more updating...

Challenge: June Detetion
House: ravencalw
Project:
I went home this weekend to see my mummy & daddy, and I cooked our (non-tradional) sunday dinner ... but i wanted to keep the actual cooking to a minimum, since it was HOT (or, hot by Uk standards). So for our starter I made tzatziki (which is basically just chopped cucumber, chopped fresh mint & greek yoghurt) and a puy lentil salsa - puy lentils, lots of roughly chopped tomatoes (I like to mix plum, cherry & pomodora) and some sliced celery

served with popadums to dip

Challenge: blackberry bean
Project: Paneer curry
In leicester where my parents live there is a big India & Pakistani community, so spices feature heavily at the market - and there's one stall that sells the BEST paneer. Nom Smiley So, I whipped up a paneer jalfrezi - basically fry the paneer with cumin, fry an onion, fry tomatoes with garlic, cook some lentils (I like a mix of red & green) - then mix all that in a big pan, add some sieved tomato juice, a squeeze of lemon, spice to taste (cumin, coriander, tumeric, fenugreek... whatever you like. My mum doesn't like her curries too spicy so I kept it minimal). Then right at the last minute throw in some chopped sweet peppers.
served with peshwari naan bread and a spinach salad

Challenge: House pride
Project
yet more socks...
with a little bit of ravenclaw blue, trying to subtlety turn my cousin's husband to the eagles!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 110 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Gourmet Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Beer Brats Recipe
How to Make Pork and Hominy Stew Part 3/3
How to Make Pork and Hominy Stew Part 1/3
How to Make Pork and Hominy Stew Part 2/3
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...