A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 300,921
Currently Running With Scissors:
644 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 110
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED-HP Craftalong ~Summer Semester 2013~  (Read 124202 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #500 on: July 07, 2013 11:14:37 AM »

Challenge: June Detention-Kitchen Duty
House: Gryffindor
Project Name: Marinated Pasta Salad
Project Page Link: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=425393.0#axzz2YNtQ1ihR
Brief Description: Okay, here is something I make every summer (really any season, but since my mom made it for me in the summer, I make it because it's a yummy memory)  Before I give the recipe, I want to state that I fulfilled my Kitchen Duty by not heating up the kitchen.  Instead of boiling up pasta, I soaked some rice noodles in hot tap water for 30 minutes.  Didn't even have to use my hot pot.  Okay, the most important part of kitchen duty, pics & recipe. Grin

I love this dish.  It's quick to prep, makes a ton, yummy, and gets in those veggies.  My mom used to make it for me every summer; now I make it, with my own twist.  This salad adapts easily and can be adjusted to include what you have on hand or your fave items.

See...looks yummy doesn't it? Grin 

And did I mention, it's perfect thing to bring to summer BBQ or picnic. 

Okay let's dive in...

Marinated Pasta Salad
1 pound pasta, cooked & cooled (Can be any pasta. I'm using rice noodles because I'm gluten-intolerant.)
3-4 tomatoes, diced
1 cucumber, peeled & diced
1 onion, diced (I'm using red onion because I like the color here)
3/4 to 1 bottle of your fave Italian dressing (to your liking really)
1 Tablespoon salt
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (you don't have to add this, but I like the kick)
Other items you can add: Parmesan cheese, olives (I had a tin of them I threw them into this batch), sesame seeds, bell pepper, parsley, and I have been known to diced up a leftover chicken breast into my serving for dinner.

Combine everything into large bowl.  Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, overnight is better.  Then dish out & enjoy. Grin

Challenge: Bertie Bott Bean-Rotten Egg
House: Gryffindor
Project Name: Grippy Quiddy Mitts
Brief Description: For the element Fire, I created a pair of fingerless mitts to capture some of Fire's warmth.

« Last Edit: July 07, 2013 03:07:09 PM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

TechnicolorAquahearts

Proud Slytherin in the HP Summer Craftalong!

« Reply #501 on: July 07, 2013 03:18:03 PM »

Yay! A new bean!

pinkleo That pasta salad looks amazing! Pasta salad is one of my top ten favorite foods!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

etsy: www.lynnaquaheart.etsy.com
Like me on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/AquaheartStudios
Follow Me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/LynnAquaheart
I have a blog about all things creative! http://lynnaquaheart.blogspot.com
teag
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #502 on: July 07, 2013 07:09:52 PM »

Class: Potions
Ravenclaw extra credit: Muggle studies
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Roosevelt the godfather fairy

Description:

While everyone is familiar with sleeping beauty many people don't realize that not all the fairies invited to bestow a gift upon Briar Rose were girls, Roosevelt a very special fairy was invited to be a fairy Godfather to briar rose. In fact, it was Roosevelt who softened the wicked fairy's curse to induce the entire kingdom to sleep.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ant Bee

Expecto Procrastinatum!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #503 on: July 07, 2013 07:23:27 PM »

::The students in the Slytherin Den hear the mirror over the corner table mutter, "She's baaaa-aaaaaack!" and they hastily make themselves presentable for the returning HoH.::

How wonderful to be back at Hogwarts!

Thanks go to the Slytherin students for working so hard during my vacation- what projects! Well done!

Welcome new and returning students, our ranks have swelled to a dozen now!  I also give thanks that you all managed to all hide evidence of any uncouth behavior- I don't want to know the mess the poor House Elves had to deal with, but judging by Peeves's saluting of several Slytherins as I passed the Great Hall tonight I suspect it was legendary!

And for the rest of the school here is the latest S.P.E.W. Review!

Ravenclaw has made it on the board through the Charitable efforts of Audania and her hats for the local hospital-nicely done!

Gryffindor gains points through the ever-increasing yarny yardage worked up by Headmistress PinkLeo- I love the Slythee hat and *blush* a dedication to me? You flatterer, you!  Kiss

And finally for this edition of The S.P.E.W. Review we have Slytherin Lelyonna wowing the masses with her wheat warmers, arm warmers and baby booties- great work!

That leaves us with the tallies.  Unless I'm much mistaken, and it is quite possible, I got a lot of sun this week, the totals for House S.P.E.W. submissions stands thus:

With a strong lead Gryffindor holds for first place with 90 points;
Coming in Second is Slytherin with a healthy 70 points;
Hufflepuff is cheering the world with a total of 20 charitable points and-
Ravenclaw is on the board and making the world great with a respectable entry of 10 points to get them going!

Well done, everyone!

As you look for July projects to send out into the world to "do good" perhaps you might combine a charity project with the Portkey challenge.  You might also commemorate some of the other July events in the HP universe such as Sirius's escape from Azkaban on July 30th, Neville's birthday that same day and Harry's the next.  The Escape from Privet Drive was during the last week of July (perhaps a project with 7 of the same item to represent the 7 Potters?) and Professor Dumbledore is said to have a summer birthday as well. (Great man, Dumbledore...)

Happy Crafting!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harry witnessed Professor McGonagall walking right past Peeves who was determinedly loosening a crystal chandelier and could have sworn he heard her tell the poltergeist out of the corner of her mouth 'It unscrews the other way.
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
netchez
« Reply #504 on: July 07, 2013 07:33:41 PM »

Well it's been a long week... so here goes...
Class/Challenge/House Pride:Bertie Bott's Bean Challenge: Rotten Eggs
Project Name:things around the farm
Project Page Link (if available):
Brief Description: (how it fits the requirements, pattern/techniques/recipe used, any fun tips, etc.) Having taught science in high school, the item on the left is a natural.  This one on the right is done in "barn red" for my daughter's garden.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Divination
Project Name: Burning crochet hook keeper
Brief Description: (how it fits the requirements, pattern/techniques/recipe used, any fun tips, etc.) I used flaming material to create this crochet hook keeper.  I began with a rectangle of flame and one of black (for the inside).  
Project Picture:

I am always losing my hooks and sometimes divining to find them so I thought this would help.  Now they are all in one place (at least the ones I have found so far).

Class/Challenge/House Pride:Potions
Project Name: Sweet Dreams
Brief Description: (how it fits the requirements, pattern/techniques/recipe used, any fun tips, etc.) one of the options was to create something to help you get to / stay asleep.  The pillow contains a bag of dried lavender buds, clouds and the soothing color blue.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Transfiguration - the Draconifors spell
Project Name: Annoying little sister's dragon
Brief Description: (how it fits the requirements, pattern/techniques/recipe used, any fun tips, etc.) This dragon was inspired by the dragon chained in the caves below Gringott's Bank.
Project Picture:

Little sister was upset that Little Brother and Big sister had both received something fun to eat...  she pointed to the new watermelon and asked for a dragon.  So, thinking of that dragon and swishing my wand, I cast the spell and her dragon appeared.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
midkiffsjoy
« Reply #505 on: July 07, 2013 08:51:35 PM »

I haven't been getting on in the last week and a half, because the farm has just been KICKING MY BUTT!!!  I know I have about 20 pages to read.  Smiley  I know everyone has been doing awesome projects without even looking.  I hope to get back on track this week, or to (at least) find a way to work my farm work into a project!!!! lol Cheesy

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Bertie Botts Periodic Table Challenge
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Tshirts for the minions
Brief Description: (how it fits the requirements, pattern/techniques/recipe used, any fun tips, etc.) We sat down and poured over AnnoyingLittleBrother's periodic table the day this challenge was posted (yes he has his own periodic table).  I did a search and saw that people like to use it to spell out things.  So I made a t shirt for AnnoyingBigSister with her two favorite My Little Ponies.  I couldn't stop myself from adding pie. Smiley  I made a tshirt for AnnoyingLittleBrother where I replaced items in the picture with the element that item was made of.  I added some things to the picture just for the fun of it. It is *very* nerdolicious:)
Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster.  Justifying my need for a craft room. Cheesy

Cheesy !!!!Let's go Hufflepuff Let's go!!!! Cheesy
AnnoyingBigSister

EEVEE FOREVER!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #506 on: July 07, 2013 09:05:47 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Bertie Botts Rotten Egg Challenge
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Ariados tshirt
Brief Description: (how it fits the requirements, pattern/techniques/recipe used, any fun tips, etc.) I made a black tshirt with a picture of Ariados and the word "Boo" underneath him spelled out with Boron and Oxygen. Cheesy  This is the first tshirt I've ever made.  I used Paint to crop and Word to put the picture all together.  I really enjoyed making this tshirt.  I'm going to make more tshirts now. Cheesy
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Liberal Tie-Dyed Tree Hugger

« Reply #507 on: July 08, 2013 06:14:11 AM »

patty_o_furniture - Awesome breakfast mixes. I feel like you actually do everything that's always on my to-do list! Super cool.

noodle-bug - Love the yarn in those socks!!!

ntrebleagain - Perfect pops!!

CraftyLadyMJ - that dress is EPIC! I love it!!

Naantje - very cool and clever eye band!

BadWolf314 - Cool Texas pride!

lelyonna - AH! Boo is awesome!! My kiddo would flip. And love all those yarn goodies.

pinkleo - Everything you do looks so well done and awesome. I want to eat all of that pasta salad. Mmmm.

travelgirl - that shawl is AWESOME! I love the color and texture.

teag - Ah! A Talking Firecracker?!?! Only Fred and George (a la teag Wink )

TechnicolorAquahearts - Yummy!

sakuracat23 - Yay! Welcome Back fellow Gryffie! Love the Tardis hoop!!! Smiley

Audania1 - Awesome Alice Hoops!  I love the use of the zig zag stitch.

ErinAquaheart - Awesome pendants and that candy looks yummy!!

jennieingram - Amazing as usual!

Welcome back, Ant Bee! The halls were unusually quiet in your absence.... Wink

netchez - I LOVE the elemental labels!!! So cool and clever.

midkiffsjoy - Again, super cool use of the elemental representation. Especially in the Mario shirt!!

AnnoyingBigSister - Awesome!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
midkiffsjoy
« Reply #508 on: July 08, 2013 01:44:53 PM »

So very *very* much has HAPPENED in the week I've been AWOL!!!  O.O 

pottermouth- I LOVE your crocheted pillow!!!  I just LOVE the variegated blue!!! It's beautiful!!! Smiley  I first learned to spin on a drop spindle with hair combed from my mother's beloved Alaskan Malamute who succumbed to kidney failure during the whole Beneful packaging poisoned dog food incident.  I found it in a book the other day.  It was really awesome to have.  nod.  hugs.  Your chudley cannons bag would be GREAT at the gym!!!  Cheesy  It's always fun sewing for the kids. Smiley  It's my favorite.  Smiley

pinkleo- I love how many different variations you can get from that one hat pattern.  Smiley  They all look so different. Smiley I loved all your picture boxes!!!  I think annoyinglittlebrother would jack me if I glued scrabble tiles to anything.  Lol  Those are adorable squares. Smiley

ntrebleagain- I liked your fudge.  It never occurred to me that I could just add sprinkles to a cake mix.  The ideas I'm getting from your project is exhausting me.  Smiley Those cake pops are making my mouth water!!!!  Smiley

Moonflame- Thank you!  Smiley  Yes, that pattern I made myself.  Its really easy.  Just fold a piece of paper in quarters and then draw, and cut out.  We had printed out free patterns that just didn't really fit our needs.  So we measured and drew and cut.  We have TONS of patterns we made up for them. Smiley  (Which is a GOOD thing, cause as SOON as I finished using this pattern someone splattered it with broccoli cheese and rice on it then tore it into a million pieces.  Your dishrag is really pretty!!!  The mistakes are completely unnoticeable.  Smiley Your swiffer covers are very motivating!!!  I was just bought a kitchen scrubby machine and I've been thinking about making an extra cover for it. Smiley I like your scissors keeper!!!  Smiley  I've always thought macaroons would be too complicated for me to make.  Yours make me hungry!!!  I'm gonna have to try making these.  Smiley Your tiles are cute, and the fingerless gloves are adorable. Smiley

lelyonna- Oatmeal with chocolate in it!!! Smiley  I've never been able to get plain oatmeal to taste edible.  I can't WAIT to try your variation.  Your mice dolls are wonderful, and such a great cause. Smiley Your pillows are adorable. Smiley  I like that tradition about walking through fields.  ABS and I will have to try that next year. Smiley Your half gloves are AMAZING!!!!  O.O  SO AWESOME!!! Cheesy  And those baby shos are so cute!!! Smiley I love your portkey. Smiley  Wild strawberries wouldn't last long here.  The kids pick everything.  Lol 

Naantje- I always love seeing your projects.  I always learn something new. Smiley  Camping, no sleeping bag, shiver.  Shiver,Shiver,Shiver,Shiver.  I've turned blue that way before. Cheesy  lol  I LOVED seeing the tea from your garden!!!!  My goats ate all my mint and now I have none (didnt know you could KILL mint!!!  O.O) I miss it terribly.  Your ring carrier is sweet. Smiley  I like your lace nightmask/headband. Smiley  Its very pretty.  Smiley

DragonChilde- I really like your lemon syrup.  Smiley  That looks like it would be a wonderful thing to keep on hand.  Smiley (I wanna make some now : )

jennieingram- Rum in beans.  O.O  I'd have never thought of that.  Smiley Your wash cloths are really cute!! Smiley  Your jewelry is cute!  Love all the keys. Smiley  I really like the bees on your quilt!!!  I've really wanted to quilt, and never have the time.  I always love seeing your charm bracelets!!! Smiley  I've been playing with jewelry making, and seeing your work is gonna motivate me to try making something awesome one day. Smiley

patty_o_furniture- OH HOW COOL!!!  I love your ointment!!!  Ointment is such a mystery to me.  Smiley Your book is neat. Smiley  I love book crafting.  Your breakfast mixes are awesome.  I LOVE your dream catcher!!! Smiley

Abbeeroad- Thank you. Smiley  I just couldn't contain myself.  Cheesy  lol  I LOVE your mesh bottom bag!!!  What a great idea!!!  The kids spend tons of time in their kayaks, and these would be great.  Cheesy  Your pendent is very nice! Smiley The kids dig vintage soda glass out of the dirt all the time up at the ranch.  It'd be nice to make pendents out of them instead of make them sit in a box. Smiley I LOVE your knockers!!!!  I love Labyrinth!!! 

BadWolf314- Oh WOW!!!  That was WORK!!!  Cheesy  There is nothing more appreciated than more porch space!!! Smiley Cream cheese, and strawberries. Yum Cheesy Your Weasley embroidery is so fun! Smiley  Your magnets are AWESOME!!!  ABS is gonna freak when she sees them!!! Cheesy You look like you had fun making your book.  Smiley  I love your Texas rock.  Smiley  I'm gonna have to ask ABS and ALB to make me some for my garden.  Smiley

Netchez- I DO love the phone cover, Mom!!!  I'm pouting that it doesn't FIT!!!  pout.  I love the element implements!!!  Smiley  I love how much the kids learned about the periodic table this week!!!  The crochet hook holder is awesome!  It's gonna make it so much easier for AnnoyingBabySister to run off with all your hooks!!!  rofl  I love the sleeping pillow!!!  Smiley  You worked so long on all that hand stitching.  Im gonna have to try to do some ribbon crafts. Smiley  That was the BIGGEST watermelon I've EVER seen!!!!  I'm gonna have to get a bigger fridge to HOLD these huge melons that you keep apperating!!! 

Listessa- Your earrings are shiny. Cheesy  Your quilt is coming along beautifully. Smiley

annoyinglittlebrother- Smiley  You will never understand how proud and happy I was watching you sew. Smiley You'll get better at fringe.  It's all good. Smiley

jenleahlynn- OH HOW COOL!!!  You are SO lucky!!!  teag did AWESOME!!!!

teag- GREAT JOB on the owls!!!  Cheesy  I've never seen an altered paintbrush before.  Lol  Those are really cute. Smiley How COOL!!!  A talking firecracker!!!

FiberAlchemist- I've always wanted to make wash clothes. Smiley  That's cool.  I LOVE grilled pizza. Cheesy  Your mug rug is very very nice!!! Smiley  It looks so neat and well sewn. Smiley

FreakieGeekie- I like your wrapped wire ring. Smiley  You did a very good job. Smiley  I did wrapped wire in high school and didn't have fingerprints for days afterwards. Lol

Audania1- Your pies looks delicious Smiley I can't believe I lived in Texas all my life and never tasted Rhubarb pie.  I love rock candy, but I haven't been able to bring myself to make any since high school.  I once poured the syrup over my hand while pouring it into jars which led to a late night emergency room trip.  Facepalm  Smiley  I still love to EAT it though!!! Cheesy OMG!!!  Your Alice hoops are AWESOME!!!!  I LOVE Alice crafts!!!  They are some of my fav to make. Cheesy  ABS- oh MY!!  Her Alice hoops are a WHOLE BUNCH OF AWESOME!!!! Smiley  See??  When a teen agrees, it MUST be AWESOME!!! Cheesy lol

annoyingbigsister- I really loved watching you learn how to draft patterns and sew. Smiley

Oath Keeper- Your scene box is SO CUTE!!!  You did a really great job on it!! Smiley

TechnicolorAquahearts- Those candies look like they taste GOOD!!  (even if they ARE evil ; )  Your ceramics are mind popping. Smiley  Pizza muffins!!!  I'm so making these for lunch!!! Cheesy

Whitlefish- Peach salsa!!!  O.O  I'm INTRIGUED!!!  That sounds awesome!!!  Your glasses are very pretty!!!  Smiley  I love blackberry jam!!  ALB and ABS ate all of the blackberries this year.  Lol  The bunting and name tags look so sweet and the cupcakes look delicious. 

Noodlebug- I LOVE your socks!!!  Making socks have always been on my bucket list.  Your socks are awesome!!!!

CraftyLadyMJ- OMG!!!  Look at that DRESS!!!  *eyes bug out*  O.O  YOU GO GIRL!!!! Cheesy

travelgirl- Your shawl is AMAZING!!! Cheesy  GREAT JOB!!!! Smiley I know someone who would LOVE your pepper poppers!!!  Your strawberry cupcake cookie looks so scrumptious!!!

sakuracat23- I LOVE your Doctor Who hoop!!! Smiley  I'm sending your mom my best!!! 

ErinAquaheart- THOSE NECKLACE CHARMS ARE AWESOME!!!!  You have inspired ALB with your awesomeness!!!! Smiley  I LOVE your candy!!!  They look amazing!!! Smiley  ABS is LOVING your elements drawings!!! Cheesy

OMG I'm NEVER going that long without checking in EVER again!!!! Smiley  I'm off to go work on my projects.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster.  Justifying my need for a craft room. Cheesy

Cheesy !!!!Let's go Hufflepuff Let's go!!!! Cheesy
travelgirl
« Reply #509 on: July 08, 2013 03:41:43 PM »

@Sakuracat23- I love that it glows in the dark, how cool is that.

@Audania1- those are some great hoops I especially like the last one with the lace on it.

@Erin Aquaheart- ooh fire scale candy that looks tasty

@jennieingram- I'm always in love with your charm bracelets and that fairy tale one is awesome.

@pinkleo- I'll have to try that pasta salad, it looks awesome.

@teag- that's such a cool way to alter a paintbrush

@netchez- that's an awesome watermelon carving

@midkiffsjoy- such cool shirts, I love the spelling of things using elements from the periodic table.

Class/Challenge/House Pride: June detention with Snape
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Curtain of 3 years
Project Page Link (if available): :
Brief Description: (how it fits the requirements, pattern/techniques/recipe used, any fun tips, etc.) I made curtains for my house when we moved in three years ago, except for this one little window on the side of the house that I was uninspired by. Well i figured it was time to buckle down and finally make it looked finished So I whipped this valance up today. It's nothing fancy but I feel like it really finishes off the window and the room.
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 110 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Cook Bacon in the Oven
How the New Orleans Dosant Was Created
Tart and Tangy Tuna Salad Recipe
4 Ways to Make School Sack Lunches More Fun
Chef Serves Next Level of Local Food
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...