A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 304,884
Currently Running With Scissors:
546 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 110
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED-HP Craftalong ~Summer Semester 2013~  (Read 120765 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

travelgirl
« Reply #490 on: July 05, 2013 05:09:19 PM »

@lelyonna- wow look at all that knitted goodness, those little baby booties are adorable

@teag- very cool firecracker

@Technicolor- Those pizzas look tasty, Yum

I have two projects to turn in today

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Charms
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Jalapno bacon poppers
Project Page Link (if available): :
Brief Description: (how it fits the requirements, pattern/techniques/recipe used, any fun tips, etc.) These are an appetizer I have been avoiding making mainly do to the carving, but thanks to my practice I was able to successfully perform the Defodio spell to slice and carve out the insides of 10 Jalapeno peppers without having to deal with the sometimes nasty side effects of working with peppers, mainly burned hands.

Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: History of Magic
Project Name: Strawberry shortcake cookie
Project Page Link (if available): :
Brief Description: (how it fits the requirements, pattern/techniques/recipe used, any fun tips, etc.) There is little that is more summery to me than fresh strawberries, and this dessert is one that my mom would make every year around 4th of July so I continued the tradition with my friends and family this year. It's basically just your favorite sugar cookie recipe, then a layer of strawberries, and a whipped cream pudding mixture and repeat.
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lelyonna
Tutorial Contributor

Regnflickan

View Profile
« Reply #491 on: July 05, 2013 05:14:23 PM »

Oh my. Both that strawberry cake and that pizza looks lovely. Why does this thread always make me hungry?
I am so curious for a recount of the points right now, because with all the awsome stuff people have turned in I think slytherin might be on top ^^
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The key to happiness is not getting what you want- it's wanting what you get"
TechnicolorAquahearts

Proud Slytherin in the HP Summer Craftalong!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #492 on: July 05, 2013 05:25:26 PM »

Oh my. Both that strawberry cake and that pizza looks lovely. Why does this thread always make me hungry?
I am so curious for a recount of the points right now, because with all the awsome stuff people have turned in I think slytherin might be on top ^^

ooh I know!! I am so excited for our house  Grin I have like 10 WIPs I am working on that will soon be finished, hopefully I can use this as motivation to go ahead and tie up all those loose ends and get them all posted  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

etsy: www.lynnaquaheart.etsy.com
Like me on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/AquaheartStudios
Follow Me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/LynnAquaheart
I have a blog about all things creative! http://lynnaquaheart.blogspot.com
pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #493 on: July 05, 2013 08:07:40 PM »

sorry, slightly belated...

~*Congratulations Moonflame!*~
~*You are the first to earn the Hufflepuff Pride Badge!*~

To claim your badge, right click and save to your computer.  Then, you can do whatever you wish with it.  Ideas on how to show-off your badges: use it as an avatar, put it in your profile under Brief Bio, or create a pinterest board for all your badges. 

*Once revealed, a class badge can be found in the Badge Station.*

THIS ROCKS   Logged

lelyonna
Tutorial Contributor

Regnflickan

View Profile
« Reply #494 on: July 06, 2013 10:05:23 AM »

ooh I know!! I am so excited for our house  Grin I have like 10 WIPs I am working on that will soon be finished, hopefully I can use this as motivation to go ahead and tie up all those loose ends and get them all posted  Wink
Awsome! keep on the good work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The key to happiness is not getting what you want- it's wanting what you get"
sakuracat23

Don't make me get the flying Monkeys!!!

View Profile
« Reply #495 on: July 06, 2013 01:45:09 PM »

Hello everyone! Iv been seeing everything thats been turned in but sadly Iv been too busy to add my two cents. My mom had a triple bypass done almost 4 weeks ago and the drama around that was pretty intense. Thankfully she did well from the surgery and things have calmed down some. So heres my first project!

Class/Challenge/House Pride:CoMC
House:ROAR!!!!!
Project Name:Whoooo..hoop (yes its a play on the noise the tardis makes lol)
Brief Description: Right now if you ask me what comes to mind when i think of the color blue...you"ll get nerded out when I yell "The TARDIS!!!" So when I read the CoMC assignment I imediatly wanted to make a hoop but didnt know what i wanted on it. i had bought some fine plastic canvas at a yard sale a few weeks ago and cross stitched a tardis on it useing a pattern from online (I need to find it again)...well once finished i couldnt deside what to make with this tiny tardis...A pin? necklace charm?...nothing seemed right till i came across some stary fabric in my stash and said "OMG thats it! now wheres my glow in the dark thread?"

every white thread on the tardis glows so theres an outline of the tardis. the big white stars glow and some random dots are skattered agout to fill it in...i wish I could get a pic of it glowing...does anyone have any advice?

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Audania1
Christmas crafting all year round...

Magic always comes with a price

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #496 on: July 06, 2013 08:21:52 PM »

Class: Potions
Ravenclaw Extra Credit D.A.D.A.
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: curiouser and curiouser
Description: I was in the Alice in Craftsterland 3 swap and I created this hoop for my awesome partner, Onyxnox. In the Alice story there is a particular line that says "If one drinks much from a bottle marked poison, it is certain to disagree with one sooner or later." If one drinks too much... you could be put to permanent sleep.... My extra credit is for the wonderful Professor Snape, the D.A.D.A. professor who was a potions master. The bottle she drank from was most definitely a potion, as it made her shrink.

Class: Astronomy
Ravenclaw Extra Credit: Apparation
Project Name: Twinkle Twinkle
Description: This hoop was also created for my partner as it is one of her favorite parts of the book. "Twinkle, twinkle little bat." I don't know if I see a tea tray in the stars, but they sure were fun to add. I can only picture this scene happening during the summer time otherwise they would all be in heavy coats with umbrella's Cheesy. (Is that too far a stretch? Let me know, please?!) For my extra credit, I want to spend my summer holidays at a tea party in Wonderland!!

Class: Apparition
Ravenclaw extra credit: Care of Magical Creatures
Project Name: Meet Chess
Description: I took many different scraps and materials, trinkets and chains from my stash and made this Cheshire Cat hoop! For my e.c. Chess, is most definitely a magical creature and I love him so!

« Last Edit: July 06, 2013 08:38:28 PM by Audania1 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

ErinAquaheart
« Reply #497 on: July 06, 2013 11:46:13 PM »

Oh my gosh!!! There are so many great projects that I don't even know how to begin telling everyone how amazing they all are!  And then we have so many new Slytherins! EXCITING! GO SLYTHERIN!

Anyway. All this crafty goodness is not good for my insomnia. I just want to make things until I pass out on my craft table.  Grin Grin Grin

That being said....

Class: Divination
House: SLYTHERIN
Project Name: Ceramic Necklace pendents
Project Description: These pendents were stamped and then fired...just like clay must be to make it lasting. Working with clay is so much fun. Expect more in the future. I painted them with watercolor which stained them and then sealed it with a thick layer of varnish.

and one of the pendents all made up into a necklace

Class: Transfiguration
Project Name: Chinese Fireball Scales Candy
Project Description: The Chinese Fireball is a dragon that is known for its smooth and beautiful scales. I managed to harvest a few recently...but I won't tell you my sources. That's top secret.  Wink I have here some beautiful (and tasty...who ever would have thought dragon scales would be tasty!) scales.  *cinnamon hard candy gems anyone?* They are extra yummy.

And with those two classes! I have a BINGO!
Challenge: BINGO
Project Name: BINGO 4across or COMC across
Project Description: I have finished COMC, house pride, transfiguration, a Bertie Bott's Bean, and divination.

Challenge: Bean--Sulfur
Project Name: Card Captor Sakura Fan Art
Project Description: I decided to do some fan art from one of my favorite animes for this challenge. I drew up my altered versions of The Windy, The Fiery, The Earthy, and The Watery... representing air, fire, earth, and water.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #498 on: July 07, 2013 10:53:54 AM »

Challenge: Bertie Bott's - Rotten Eggs
House: Gryffindor!
Project Name: Nautical Charm Bracelet

Project Page Link:
Brief Description:  For this challenge, I decided to go with one of the natural elements, and one that I love best, water.  I greatly miss the ocean since moving down to Kentucky.  Especially sunny summer days (liberally doused in SPF 1000), spent on a family member's boat, or walking the boardwalk at Hampton Beach in my native New Hampshire, with the waves crashing and birds circling.  This bracelet is my ode to those days.  The charms are pewter and tibetan silver, and include familiar nautical items like shells, light houses, ships, fish, compasses, etc.  The beads are a mix of glass, moonstone, agate, and jade beads in shades of aqua, turquoise, teal, carribean blue, azure, periwinkle, seafoam, and white.
Project Picture:

Class: Potions
House: Gryffindor!
Project Name: Fairy Tale Charm Bracelet

Project Page Link:
Brief Description: Nothing puts one to sleep like a good fairy tale.  And in honor of all the fairy tales I gre up listening to, I created this "Fit for a Princess" charm bracelet.  The charms are pewter and tibetan silver, and include: frog prince, rose, spinning wheel, crown, magic lamp, dragon, enchanted mirror, princess, castle, fairy, key, apple, unicorn, enchanted tree, entwined hearts, engagement ring, and pumpkin coach.  The beads are a mix of AB cut glass, crystal, pressed glass, semi precious stone, and shell beads in shades of violet, plum, rose, lemon, spring green, azure blue, and turquoise.  Special thanks goes out to pinkleo, for her excellent advice on color choices.  Cheesy
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Facebook | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #499 on: July 07, 2013 10:56:04 AM »

Note from the Deputy Headmistress....

A new Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Bean Mini-Challenge has been posted!  

What's this week's bean!?!?  Take the Portkey to the Deputy Headmistresses Office to find out!  And while you're there be sure to check out the inspiration projects from all around Craftster.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Facebook | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 110 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Buy a Calligraphy Pen
How to Master the Art of Calligraphy
How to Create a Wing Drawing
How to Draw a Teddy Bear
How to Select Calligraphy Fonts
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...