A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 296,658
Currently Running With Scissors:
463 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 110
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED-HP Craftalong ~Summer Semester 2013~  (Read 115313 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

CraftyLadyMJ

A crafting I'll go...

View Profile
« Reply #470 on: July 02, 2013 10:26:20 PM »

One late Hufflepuff comes running through the great halls of Hogwarts, with late  homework held in one hand and a WIP in the other. Im here the Hufflepuff spouts as she enters the classroom huffing and puffing all out of breath. Lol

Summer here and Im loving it, just not the heat so much. Im also turning a project in for the Cannons so I can collect the badge. I know its too late to collect points but I want to mark the BINGO spot for the
Quidditch events off my card. I hope this is ok, if not please let me know.

Class/Challenge/House Pride: ROOT FOR THE CANNONS
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Cannons Fan Bracelets
Project Page Link:
Brief Description: Lately I have been making bracelets again, I think it's partly due to the summer and I tend to wear a lot of arm candy during the summer. So I made two fan themed bracelets in the Cannons team colors orange and black. They are both crocheted bracelets made from leftover yarn from another project. I had planned on posting them before I left for vacation, but I didn't get a chance too. Sorry Hufflepuff house, mew I let you guys down. Sad

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Hufflepuff House Pride
Project Name: Hufflepuff & Friendship Bracelets
Project Page Link:
Brief Description: Since I was already making bracelets I decided to make a Hufflepuff theme one and a one for my friend who I went on vacation with.  

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Alchemy
Project Name: Summer Times Dress
Project Page Link:
Brief Description: I crocheted this little dress for a music event for this upcoming weekend. I know it's going to be a hit because of the crazy colors and the fact no one else will be wearing a crochet dress but me. Also my crazy sunhat and glasses are going to help me stand out like the proud peacock I am. I don't have feathers but I do have crochet. Smiley

Class/Challenge/House Pride: June Challenge
Project Name: Radiated Pasta
Project Page Link:
Brief Description: It so hot today I was refusing to cook anything. Then this afternoon I was very hungry and had to fix something. Its very hot right now so I crossed off the stove, oven, toaster oven, and rice cooker. Only thing left is the microwave and I didnt waste time finding something to cook. I just grabbed the easiest ingredients I had on hand which is pasta. I poured 2cups of pasta in a Ziploc container, filled it with water and popped it into the microwave for 12mins. Then added cheesy roasted garlic parmesan sauce by Ragu and it popped back in the microwave for another 3mins. Snapped a finished pic, added a dash of grated parmesan cheese and my dinner is served. Smiley

One more thing, I left the pasta in the microwave for so long because I have never cooked pasta with a microwave before. So I figure I would just set the time for 12mins and if it wasnt done then add more time. It worked and Im eating great tasting pasta now.

That's all for now Smiley
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013 10:10:44 AM by pinkleo - Reason: fix imgs » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Summer HPC 2013
No more cellphone headaches!
Naantje
« Reply #471 on: July 03, 2013 03:18:20 AM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Potions
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Lacy sleep mask head band
Project Page Link: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=425139
Brief Description:
I travel by train a lot, generally rather long trips. I crochet or read a lot, but if they're early or late trips, I also like to sleep. There's generally too much light on the train though, so it was a blessing to get a sleep mask from a friend three years back. Unfortunately, the elastic had totally worn out and needed replacing. Also, the color had faded quite a lot. I removed the old elastic and got out some stretchy lace from my stash and made the mask prettier and make it do double duty: it now doubles as a headband to tidy up bed head!
Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 in '14

Calling all talented witches and wizards to join us in the Winter Semester of the Harry Potter Craftalong.
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #472 on: July 03, 2013 06:45:05 AM »

Advanced Studies Update!
Yes, I know it's Wednesday, and not at all Advanced Studies Friday, but I'm updating anyways.  Because I'm a rebel.  I live life on the edge.  That's just who I am.  Deal with it.   Cool

I haven't made any progress on my OWL in the last few days, but I have made major progress on my NEWT.  I have both quilt fronts pieced together now.  Here's one of them:

AND...  As of yesterday afternoon, I have one of them completely quilted, and the first side of the binding sewn on!  The other side needs to be hand sewn, which I'll do this weekend at home. 

Here's a detail shot of the quilting:

I am hoping to get the second one quilted today at work before some students (and even one teacher) show up for extra help.  Got my audio book all queued up, and two full bobbins.  Wish me luck.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong - Spring Semester

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
BadWolf314

Team Textbook Captain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #473 on: July 03, 2013 07:42:19 AM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: SoAR
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Texas Rock
Project Page Link (if available): http://www.artfulparent.com/2012/06/melted-crayon-rocks.html
Brief Description: My Idahoian Mother-in-Law needed some Texas in her lawn. So I heated up a spare rock I had lying around and put my broken and well-loved crayons to good use. I'm probably going to make another one for my garden!
Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Theres no point in being grown up if you cant act a little childish sometimes.
Summer HPC
Summer Nerd Battles!
LadybugsAndBumblebees

View Profile
« Reply #474 on: July 03, 2013 07:54:41 AM »

I LOVE the bumblebee fabric!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lelyonna
Tutorial Contributor

Regnflickan

View Profile
« Reply #475 on: July 03, 2013 10:43:12 AM »

So many brilliant things! I love looking through this thread each day to see all amazing things!

BadWolf314: Those strawberry-chessecake-thingies! Sooo tempting.
Listessa: I adore your patchwork. Wish I was that good at colour coordinating. It's such a lovely design.
jenleahlynn- Those owls <3
teag- I love the creativity of re-using the brush like that! And such a sweet bird it made too!
Naantje- Lovely use of the old frame! I love the style! And I love the fact that it is so much more special than ordinary such things. Now I am curiuos about the rest of the wedding!
TechnicolorAquahea- Yumyumyum. Between that and Badwolf's starberries my sweet tooth is screaming for snacks right now.
patty_o_furniture- Brilliant idea! Saving that in my clever-ideas-portfolio in my brain. Good tip for the future.

I have been busy later, crafting from morning to late night. Have to take pictures of some more stuff later, but here are a few of yesterday's doings:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Detention with Snape
Project Name: Booo
Brief Description: Wonderful to get a kick in the ass to finally finish off things that have been lying around for ages. I'd do anything to spend more time with our beloved Snape after all Wink
Anyway. I started on this patchwork pillow a few years back, and only made one side. It has been bumming me out that I never got around to finish it, seeing as I actually had the pieces to the second half cut out and ready, so there was really not that much left to do.. Sooo... finally I got around to finishing this, and when the family gets back from vacation I do believe there will be two very happy mario-crazy-boys who will love their new addition to the video-games-corner.
Before:

Other side and finished pillow:

Class: D.A.D.A
Project Name: Bounty full nature
Brief Description: Inspired by the Hinkypunk I decided to make lemonade inspired by what it looks like when turned in to a puff of smoke. It is a method I have never tried before, using the leaves of a black currant bush (which we have growing here). I really like this idea, since it is a nice flavour, and the leaves are otherwise just wasted (when not used for tea). I ran out of bottles though, so I had to put the rest in jars...
Basically it is just boiling sugar/water/lemon poured over a big bowl of leaves, seeping in the flavour for a few days.
(the bottle is ready-to-drink-lemonade, the jars is darker because it is concentrated syrup)

Class: H.o.M
Project Name: Nightly findings
Brief Description: At midsummer my most important tradition is that of picking flowers. I don't know if you have this custom in your countries, but here it is an old tradition hardly anyone does any more. At night all the unmarried girls go out to pick flowers. You are supposed to walk through 7 different fields/patches, and pick seven different flowers, and from the moment you pick your first flower until you wake up the next morning you may not speak one single word. Then you put the flowers under your pillow and dream of the man you are going to marry. Also, midsummer to me means rhubarbs. Rhubarb pie mostly, but other things as well. So... Combining those two things I went out to pick some rhubarb along the stream among the flowers, and then made lemonade out of that to share with my girls coming over for a visit =)
(as with the D.A.D.A: the lemonade in the bottle is the colour it gets when already mixed with water, the darker one is the original colour of the syrup)

House pride: Slytherin
Project Name: Healing slime
Brief Description: I have been using aloe vera a lot lately, for mosquito bites and itches and burns from nettles and the like in the garden, so finally I decided to try to simply make my own juice/gel from our plant, so that I always have a stash ready when needed (which is a few times per day, when I am tending my garden. Frakking nettles).
When scraped out of the plant the mess was a mix between green and silver, but now it is mostly just dark green. Also, it's very slimy. Doesn't get any more slytherin than that, right?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The key to happiness is not getting what you want- it's wanting what you get"
pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #476 on: July 03, 2013 10:44:10 AM »

Class: Potions
SPEW: Afghans for Pine Ridge
House: Gryffindor
Project Name: Peaceful Rest Squares
Brief Description: I think for anyone under the influence of the Draught of Living Death or for those who are just looking for a peaceful rest, you need a cozy blanket to cuddle under.  It's sad to think of anyone without a blanket to keep them cozy so I hooked up these squares that are being donated to Afghans for Pine Ridge.
Project Picture:

« Last Edit: July 03, 2013 10:44:52 AM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

FiberAlchemist

Wit Beyond Measure

View Profile WWW
« Reply #477 on: July 03, 2013 03:07:48 PM »

@BadWolf - Great patch! And I love your re-purposed book!
@FreakieGeekie - Love the thumb ring!
@Audania - Those pies look delicious!!
@Abbee - Love those door knockers!  What a great idea!
@Jennie - Star dishcloths!! That's something new to attempt!  Also I love the fabric in your quilt! So many little bees!!
@BigSister - What a cute tiger cape and such a good job for your first time using a machine!!
@LittleBrother - Great shirt!
@Moonflame - Mmm.. macarons *drool*  And fingerless gloves... LOVE
@Oath Keeper - Welcome! What a great shrine!  Is it in an Altoid tin?
@Technicolor - Those truffles look so good.
@WhistleFish - So many great projects, they all look great!!
@patty_O - Loving your idea of have so many baking mixes on hand!
@noodle - Cute socks!
@ntrebleagain - Gorgeous cake pops!  I would never have the patience to dip them all.
@CraftyLady - Amazing crochet dress
@Naantje - I love the idea of using stretch lace to keep your sleep mask on (and the fact that it can double as a headband).
@lelyonna - A Boo pillow!!  Cheesy
@pink - I love the yarn you used for your squares!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

ladychris2010
« Reply #478 on: July 03, 2013 08:48:53 PM »

Hi. Just looked through this thread. I definitely want to try to give some of these a try.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Started a craftalong for Sailor Moon fans. Come join in!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=430909.msg5147318#msg5147318
TechnicolorAquahearts

Proud Slytherin in the HP Summer Craftalong!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #479 on: July 03, 2013 09:12:28 PM »

Hi. Just looked through this thread. I definitely want to try to give some of these a try.

You should! We would love to have you here at Hogwarts! Might I suggest Slytherin? I hear it's the house to be in.  Wink Of course I am partial Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

etsy: www.lynnaquaheart.e tsy.com
Like me on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/AquaheartStudios
Follow Me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/LynnAquaheart
I have a blog about all things creative! http://lynnaquaheart.blogspot.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 110 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
DIY Save The Date Postcard
DIY Save The Date Photo Notecard
DIY Save The Date Calendar
How to Read a Knitting Patten
How to Understand Jupiter
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...