A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 296,634
Currently Running With Scissors:
504 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 110
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED-HP Craftalong ~Summer Semester 2013~  (Read 115283 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

BadWolf314

Team Textbook Captain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #410 on: June 28, 2013 09:35:40 AM »

This looks like a great way to keep me motivated to do lots of crafts this summer!

Class/Challenge/House Pride: History of Magic
Ravenclaw Extra Credit: Alchemy
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Patio Addition
Brief Description: What better way to enjoy Midsummer than out in the yard by the fire (in our case a grill)! Our patio was too small to have any room for a table and chairs in addition to the grill so we decided to add on this little addition! After digging up all that sod and dirt, I wasn't sure what I had gotten myself into! The result was worth the effort and now I can enjoy Midsummer with many a grillin' nights!
Project Picture: Unfortunately I can't post a picture yet but here's a link! YAY!!! I can post pictures now!

« Last Edit: August 07, 2013 01:22:31 PM by BadWolf314 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Theres no point in being grown up if you cant act a little childish sometimes.
Summer HPC
Summer Nerd Battles!
LadybugsAndBumblebees
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #411 on: June 28, 2013 10:54:30 AM »

Indeed!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #412 on: June 28, 2013 11:54:04 AM »

::A patronus looking like a bear, or maybe a large dog, comes into the Slytherin common room. A voice comes from it::
I am away from Hogwarts for a week and a half.  Do not let that give you ideas, though, as I have ways of watching over the students and will know if anything is afoot.  Be kind to the other staff and students, I do not want to hear of any elitist talk, snarkiness, nor Muggle Baiting of any kind. Happy Crafting!

::The patronus fades away::

Kiss  You will be missed!  Sending blessings of joy your way! Grin

I'm back in the crafty spirit so I'll be trying to post something here in the next week or so.
This makes me very giddy! Grin
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013 11:54:14 AM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

lelyonna
Tutorial Contributor

Regnflickan

View Profile
« Reply #413 on: June 28, 2013 12:10:23 PM »

Oh the lovelinesses of creativity overflowing here. I love seeing what you all do.

Abbeeroad: That bag is so very clever! I have never thought of something like that before. Please do come to detention and teach me smart tricks like that. (And on an other note: A wheat warmer is like a heat pad or something to that extent. Basically a piece of fabric filled with wheat ((whole, not flour)), that you can put in your microwave to warm up. A good comfort for kids and dementia people, and most of all very useful for pains.)

patty_o_furniture: Thanks for sharing! I didn't know St Johns could be good for such things. Now I want mine to grow even more than I did before! did you use essence of it to some bee wax-base?

Moonflame: That piece is really beautiful. I love the colours, and the pattern of the stitches! I can not for the life of me see how you made that! And here I thought I was pretty brilliant at both crocheting and knitting....

Dragonechilde: Yuuuum. Lemons. Must have. Now. You actually made me go do my own lemonade today, because I got so tempted. Sadly no citrus at home, but I made some almost as good I hope.. I so want try your way some day!

pinkleo: Oh. My. God. Those shrines.... especially the sewing one.. and the deer... and the lion... and the moon... and the sewing one, and...

Ant Bee: I promise to behave. Somewhat.

So, here's one of all the things I have been doing today: (the rest is either unrelated to school, such as tending my muggle-garden, or unfinished like my soon to be aloe vera cream. I hope.)

Class: Muggle Studies
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Heat me up
Brief Description: When I go camping I really go camping. The medieval way (larp is in my blood. it's what I do). meaning no sleeping bags, no tents etc. And I live in sweden. It's up north. Need I say more? You will never appreciate tea as much as when you're shivering cold late in the evening, and need some warmth before going to sleep. Hence- tea! From bushes in my own garden. I love being able to be totally organic and environmental friendly in as much as I can.
Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The key to happiness is not getting what you want- it's wanting what you get"
pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #414 on: June 28, 2013 12:34:00 PM »

SPEW: I'm making baby hats for Bundles of Joy and a Ghana Maternity Clinic
Gryffie June Birthday Celebration: celebrating Dobby
House: Gryffindor
Project Name: In Honor of Dobby Beanie
Free Pattern Link: Based off of Jennifer Bennet's Baby Boy Beanie with the following modifications to adjust size (12circumference): Using H hook. Adding inc round of 3dc, inc, skipping last inc so to have even number for rib (44sts around).
Brief Description: In Order of the Phoenix, Dobby began wearing all the hats that Hermione knitted for the house-elves because the others found Hermione's attempts to free them "insulting."  So in honor of Dobby, I crafted a baby hat for SPEW. Grin
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

patty_o_furniture

May the force be ever in your favor, Mr. Potter.

« Reply #415 on: June 28, 2013 01:08:15 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: CoMC
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Charms Textbook Box
Project Page Link (if available): http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=424994.0#axzz2XXeONGch
Brief Description: I laugh that my Charms textbook has helped me out with Care of Magical Creatures, but doesn't it seem sometimes one lesson will help another?  Here's my blue charms textbook.  Made with one of the regular ol' smooth paper book boxes Hobby Lobby has.  Put texture, painted, and fancied it up.  Also added a charm bracelet inside when it got handed down to the next student!
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Moonflame
« Reply #416 on: June 28, 2013 02:25:17 PM »

jennieingram Those pinto beans look marvelous!! 

Patty_O Your herbal salve has to go on my to-do list.  I love calendula salves, and being able to make my own would be awesome!  I love your charms book, too!  Those book corners you used are excellent!

Abbeeroad LOVE your clever beach bag.  And that sea glass pendant is soooooo pretty!

BadWolf WELCOME!  Your patio looks awesome !  I hope you have many excellent evenings out there. Smiley

Lelyonna  How long did you dry your leaves?  Did you use the oven?  Love the IKEA tin. Smiley  I always look at that set when we're there. Smiley

Pinkleo  Another sweet baby hat. Smiley  And I really love the yarn you used!

I'm trying to knock out those Bingos.  I think I may have a record for # of projects withOUT getting a bingo, LOL!

Class: CoMC
Project Name: Messy Jobber
Project link: Right here
Project Description: Inspired by the lovely blue feathers of the jobberknoll, this works great on my swiffer.  I decided to forego the sewn sides since I can poke the cloth right into the holdy-parts of my mop.  Super simple project, but I really love how it works.  Most of my microfiber cloths are too small for the mop.  (Shouldn't have bought a "max" I guess!)
Project pic:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Moonflame
lelyonna
Tutorial Contributor

Regnflickan

View Profile
« Reply #417 on: June 28, 2013 02:32:24 PM »

How long did you dry your leaves?  Did you use the oven?  Love the IKEA tin. Smiley  I always look at that set when we're there. Smiley

Yeah, I like the Tin too ^^
I really don't know how long I dried them... Just popped them in the oven (with the lid slightly open of course) on 40 C and waited untill they were dry enough to crumble by mere touch. A couple of hours at least. I put in the last batch 3,5 hours ago and they are still not done... so maybe 4-5 hours?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The key to happiness is not getting what you want- it's wanting what you get"
BadWolf314

Team Textbook Captain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #418 on: June 28, 2013 03:19:14 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: June Detention: Kitchen Duty
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Strawberry Cheesecake Bites
Project Page Link: http://www.nutmegnanny.com/2011/05/30/cheesecake-stuffed-strawberries/
Brief Description: I found this quick and simple recipe a while ago and I love making it, so I just had to whip some up for this challenge. No heat involved!
Project Picture:

Ingredients:
-1 lb large strawberries
-8 oz. cream cheese, softened
-3-4 tbsp powdered sugar (4 tbsp for a sweeter filling)
-1 tsp vanilla extract
-graham cracker crumbs

Directions:
1. Rinse strawberries and cut around the top of the strawberry. Remove the top and clean out with a paring knife, if necessary (some may already be hollow inside). Prep all strawberries and set aside.
2. In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla until creamy. Add cream cheese mix to a piping bag or ziploc with the corner snipped off. Fill strawberries with cheesecake mixture. Once strawberries are filled, sprinkle graham cracker crumbs on top. If not serving immediately, refrigerate until serving.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013 08:00:51 AM by BadWolf314 - Reason: Adding Image to Post instead of link » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Theres no point in being grown up if you cant act a little childish sometimes.
Summer HPC
Summer Nerd Battles!
Moonflame
« Reply #419 on: June 28, 2013 04:02:57 PM »

Yeah, I like the Tin too ^^
I really don't know how long I dried them... Just popped them in the oven (with the lid slightly open of course) on 40 C and waited untill they were dry enough to crumble by mere touch. A couple of hours at least. I put in the last batch 3,5 hours ago and they are still not done... so maybe 4-5 hours?

Thanks!

BadWolf YUM!!!!

OK, I FINALLY got a bingo!  CoMC across!

Challenge: House Pride
Project Name: H is for. . . Scissors!
Project Description:  I made a little felt scissors pouch to help keep my knitting scissors from getting lost in the bag.  I added a buttoning strap so I could attach it to a handle on the bag.  Ingredients: felt, thread, 1 button.
Project Pic:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Moonflame
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 110 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Rhubarb and White Chocolate Muffins
Foolproof Lemon Meringue Pie Recipe
How to Make Batman Cupcake Toppers
How to Make Captain America Cupcake Toppers
Dark Chocolate Raspberry Brie Grilled Cheese Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...