A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 296,709
Currently Running With Scissors:
609 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 20
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: ART DOLLS 2 - Send out July 7th, 2013  (Read 13899 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Smmarrt
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #90 on: June 16, 2013 09:35:20 PM »

Almost finished with my altered paintbrushes and I have waaaaaayyyyyy too many ideas for dolls. I have 3 piles of scraps that I add too as I sort thru my bag of fabric samples and other fabrics. I hope to choose a direction this week and get started.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.pinterest.com/smmarrt/
Fabric Art Journal Pages Swap ROUND 3
Altered Puzzle Pieces - again!
Ninni Swap in August
Fall Dotee Swap in September
Scrapkatt
« Reply #91 on: June 17, 2013 06:15:19 AM »

Almost finished with my altered paintbrushes and I have waaaaaayyyyyy too many ideas for dolls. I have 3 piles of scraps that I add too as I sort thru my bag of fabric samples and other fabrics. I hope to choose a direction this week and get started.

Me too! Paintbrush almost complete then straight on to this!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/cupcakekatt/

Tempted by personal swaps. Hoping to one day have an etsy shop!
Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: June 17, 2013 10:37:47 AM »

I've finished  Shocked yes, it came as a shock to me as well  Grin I don't know if I'm mailing tomorrow or on Saturday yet but will let the relevant people know as soon as I get it posted  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
bambam91
The rogue Queen

Where is my mind?? Probably listening to hip hop :

« Reply #93 on: June 17, 2013 04:04:09 PM »

I am still going Smiley

I have been crazy busy. It has also been horribly cold down here.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am currently inactive, due to being hit by a car. I will be back on once I am healed
artista83

« Reply #94 on: June 17, 2013 04:22:34 PM »

Well I can't believe it but it's actually looking like it's gonna work Grin. Not exactly as I wanted but at least the parts are there.I finally got the arms and legs on. More difficult than I thought. Now working on the head. I can't wait for the gallery too. From what I've been reading we're gonna have all kinds of interesting art dolls. YEAH
I have to keep remembering Artista83 needs CUDDLY though! My kids think the doll is cool so I really hope Artista83 likes it. Undecided  I might be finished earlier than I thought too.

lol it is ok if it is uncuddly! i can love it without squishin it too! lol i am too excited to mind so have at it in whatever direction you want to take it! note to you, the one i made you i do not think is very cuddly lol. making you a small doll also though in case you dont like the biggie, i think i have shipping anxiety lol thinks to self omg what if she doesnt like it? lol but i always worry so.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Loves poppets and anything zombie! Will personal swap !
mightyminniemouse
« Reply #95 on: June 17, 2013 06:39:12 PM »

ARGH!!!!! Someone (who shall remain nameless [daughter number 2]) has used up all but a small handful of my stuffing. And, of course, I won't be able to pick up any more until Thursday. And I was on a roll too. Have the body all cut out and sewn, ready to be lovingly filled and embellished....I hate having to wait Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There comes a time is every woman's life when she has to say to herself "What the hell was I thinking?!"
erica_tattoos
« Reply #96 on: June 17, 2013 08:41:21 PM »

ARGH!!!!! Someone (who shall remain nameless [daughter number 2]) has used up all but a small handful of my stuffing. And, of course, I won't be able to pick up any more until Thursday. And I was on a roll too. Have the body all cut out and sewn, ready to be lovingly filled and embellished....I hate having to wait Sad

as someone used to living long distances from craft stores, i am used to being resourceful. when i reach the impasse that you are at now (it's happened a time or three, i'll admit!) i find that it's really not so difficult to find a pillow somewhere around the house that's on its last leg and has lost most of it's comfy-squishiness and is pretty much flat and needs to be retired anyways. then i cut it open and rip out its' guts...   Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  Grin pull the fibers apart to re-fluff them and then stuff your dolly - pin the pillowcase shut and stick it in a corner of your craft room and save for your next fiberfill emergency....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

susanab
« Reply #97 on: June 18, 2013 05:38:23 AM »

And fabric scraps/unwanted pieces are terrific, too. ESP good to fold up and put in small parts like limbs.

as someone used to living long distances from craft stores, i am used to being resourceful. when i reach the impasse that you are at now (it's happened a time or three, i'll admit!) i find that it's really not so difficult to find a pillow somewhere around the house that's on its last leg and has lost most of it's comfy-squishiness and is pretty much flat and needs to be retired anyways. then i cut it open and rip out its' guts...   Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  Grin pull the fibers apart to re-fluff them and then stuff your dolly - pin the pillowcase shut and stick it in a corner of your craft room and save for your next fiberfill emergency....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my photo blog:
nysnaps.blogspot.co m
Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: June 18, 2013 09:51:39 AM »

I've sent to Midnight this afternoon  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
artista83

« Reply #99 on: June 18, 2013 10:47:20 AM »

lol i have that problem with my daughter! although sheee takes all my clothes. somewhere i saw someone posted the funniest place to hide them where a daughter would NEVER look! THE LAUNDRY ROOM! i lmao when i saw it! maybe you could hide your stuffing there! lol. my daughter just stole three spring skirts from me yesterday and i just found out. and she has a zillion clothes! when she outgrows them, i reuse them, peices for art dolls, buttons, interesting zippers, and if the pic on the shirt is something she loves i make them into pillows for her. she is getting a redone room where the theme is neon and peace signs as she loves those so many of her shirts where peace signs in neon! so they will work perfect for her new room!

hey i just had an idea i didnt try yet, old t shirts that have pictures on it somewhere containing any face, you could totally use those for an art doll! imagine a husbands or someones old bob marley shirt being turned into a bob marley art doll complete with t shirt ripped dreads or multi yarn for fun or ribbon dreads or whatnot! possibilities are endless! dang it, another thing to search outgrown clothes for! lol but oh so worth it! i hope i didnt throw some away!

i saved an old white furry bear that is ripped and a blue furry monkey bc i am going to make my daughter a yeti!

and one more thing, before getting rid of plushies that have seen their last day...deff takt the stuffing, but also take the eyes to use for new dolls!!!! i cut some off an old puppy one and after i cut it i swear it looks like it is ready for a mogwi to bad i dont know how to make one! argnesss!  this doll thing is turning into another obsession! find myself wanting to go thrift it up and get a bunch of old dolls, clothes and whatnot to repurpose!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Loves poppets and anything zombie! Will personal swap !
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 20 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Select What goes in the Image
How to Create a Sunstar Effect in Camera Part 1/2
How to Take a Beautiful Cityscape Part 1/2
How to Take a Beautiful Cityscape Part 2/2
How to Use Repetition As An Element Of Visual Unity
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...