A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 297,523
Currently Running With Scissors:
532 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My Rainbow Prom Dress: Year 11 2013 Prom  (Read 6608 times)
Tags for this thread: prom_dress , rainbow , petticoat , category_featured_project  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

stefaniegk
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2013 07:48:41 PM »

A great rainbow skirt, wonderful job.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://stefaniegk.tumblr.com         

76/124 in 2013!                          I love personal swaps!
Listessa
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Summertime Slacker Crafter

Buried in Beads!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2013 12:10:00 AM »

You're awesome!  It sounds like a really fun time.  Also, going with a date is really overrated.  (After parties, even more so.) 

I'm very impressed by your dress.  Smiley  Great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking to de-stash cross stitch magazines, particularly Cross Stitch Gold or New Stitches?  Please drop me a line!  I'd love to swap or buy some missing from my library!
mandanak

I maded puppets!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2013 11:11:54 AM »

You did an awesome job! Congrats for creating a vision of what you wanted your dress to be like, and totally sticking with it. I love the accessories, I love the asymmetrical peek at the front with the rainbow petticoat -- and most of all, I love how happy you look in all the pictures! Be proud of yourself, because you rock.

(and I'm so curious--where are you in the world that dancing is "sort of prohibited?" I know my relatives live in a country where that's the case.)

Best of luck in your future sewing endeavors!
Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

To craft and to solve.
Kazuneko78D
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2013 05:38:48 PM »

You did an awesome job! Congrats for creating a vision of what you wanted your dress to be like, and totally sticking with it. I love the accessories, I love the asymmetrical peek at the front with the rainbow petticoat -- and most of all, I love how happy you look in all the pictures! Be proud of yourself, because you rock.

(and I'm so curious--where are you in the world that dancing is "sort of prohibited?" I know my relatives live in a country where that's the case.)

Wink
Thank you very much!  Cheesy I really appreciate your comment
And I live in Brunei (dunno if you know where that is) and the gov is very peculiar of 'western influences' such as prom and the slow dancing - primarily contact between female and males who are not related. (which sucks)
And just as a fact, one of my friends found out that there is actually a law here which defines an 'illegal party' as being a group of more than 9 people (I don't know the exact details but this is what I understand from what I've been told)
I don't understand how this law works at all because, of all I know, my family has gatherings where there are more than 50 people attending and we didn't get arrested  Huh
Diya
THIS ROCKS   Logged
acraftyjean
Wasabi Snobby~ It's green and it's hot!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2013 07:16:37 AM »

That dress is so awesome!  I wish I could wear it! You are gorgeous and should be happy you are talented too!!! Great job, keep it up!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

recycled repurposed denim and such for handmade accessories!
Boo_its_Brittany
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2013 05:06:09 PM »

Super duper cute! I love the end product. Very nice work. You look gorgeous <3!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

See something you like? Check out my shop!
www.facebook.com/FrillsandChills (Don't forget to "like" Cheesy!)
www.etsy.com/shop/FrillsandChills
*custom orders welcome!*
Myrdda
I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I'm saying. - Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2013 09:59:06 PM »

Dude - your dress is lovely! You did such a great job.

In my high school (way back when) we had four or five dances a year. Every year for five years, I was never asked by anyone. I totally survived. It sucked to be there, and I admit I had a crappy attitude .... but man, it totally gets better.

You got skillz, girl. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SWAPS:
Geeky Swap - sent

My Wists! www.wists.com/Myrdda
My Pinterest! www.pinterest.com/Myrdda
Tenitsu
Oh my, where do I start? Here? Okay!

(⌒▽⌒)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2013 11:43:45 PM »

Wink
Thank you very much!  Cheesy I really appreciate your comment
And I live in Brunei (dunno if you know where that is) and the gov is very peculiar of 'western influences' such as prom and the slow dancing - primarily contact between female and males who are not related. (which sucks)
And just as a fact, one of my friends found out that there is actually a law here which defines an 'illegal party' as being a group of more than 9 people (I don't know the exact details but this is what I understand from what I've been told)
I don't understand how this law works at all because, of all I know, my family has gatherings where there are more than 50 people attending and we didn't get arrested  Huh
Diya

If I'm correct in my research, its because your country follows a lot of islamic rules, while a gathering of 9 (completely unrelated people) would be illegal, a gathering where everyone is related (either by marriage, or blood) is perfectly fine (i know some of these islamic rules because my step-father is egyptian and muslim XD) =D Though I know right where your country is, I had a friend who traveled from china to malaysia all the time and visited brunei a few times and sent me pictures =D
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hito no ji wa hitori ja tatenai...=)

Pintrest!

You dont need to be weird to belong here...there's a tutorial for that somewhere!
Kazuneko78D
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2013 06:15:12 PM »

If I'm correct in my research, its because your country follows a lot of islamic rules, while a gathering of 9 (completely unrelated people) would be illegal, a gathering where everyone is related (either by marriage, or blood) is perfectly fine (i know some of these islamic rules because my step-father is egyptian and muslim XD) =D Though I know right where your country is, I had a friend who traveled from china to malaysia all the time and visited brunei a few times and sent me pictures =D
Ahhh, that why! Haha, you know more about this country than me whose actually living here XD But also, my family likes to invite their friends as well so... lets not go there Shocked
P.S. I like how you know the islamic rules as I don't have to elaborate on some of them (and the reasons behind them) ^^'
So far, from the pics, how do you like the country? Cheesy
Diya
THIS ROCKS   Logged
moon_angel314

Nature has music for those who listen....

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2013 08:34:28 PM »

Very pretty! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Anna Banana
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Developments In Architecture Today
The Collaboration Between Designers and Science
Paola Antonelli on Forces That Shaped Humanity Most
Paola Antonelli on Features of Designs
The Advantages of Print Cartoons Over Animation
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...