A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 302,576
Currently Running With Scissors:
772 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Common Ground swap Gallery  (Read 9082 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lindyv321
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

That is sooo Craftastic!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #60 on: June 17, 2013 09:07:13 AM »

More great packages!!! There is something from each that I would love to snatch up for myself.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kbrison

Genealogists trace history

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: June 17, 2013 01:37:12 PM »

Received from Lindy last week while I was out-of-state, but wasn't able to post photos until now. Embarrassed
Lindy sent me a white chocolate-raspberry scone mix because we both love making and eating bread. I love chocolate and evidently she does, too. Almost didn't get the candy bar though. It was 100 degrees here when it arrived, so the chocolate was liquid. Luckily the candy bar package didn't leak, so nothing was spoilt with chocolate stains. High temperatures are another thing we probably wish we didn't share!

We both do embroidery and like birds. I don't like hooplas very much, but they're one of her go-to projects, so we compromised. She left my new birdie unframed so I can use it in a quilt or as a patch pocket on a bag. Isn't it cute? I'm going to love using it. The wristlet keychain is very similar to a project I had pinned, so she did a great job of stalking me, something I enjoy doing with my partners. She sent a fat quarter of green fabric because we both like nature (looks like raindrops or leaves to me), and I sew a lot.

Lindy made me a set of bird-in-a-cage tags. It's funny because I have almost the same birdcage image, but as a diecut rather than a stamp. Our tastes are very similar in that regard.

This photo shows the necklace I received. It's hard to tell but the chain is purple (one of our favorite colors) and celebrates one of our favorite movie series, HP. Love that she used Dumbledore and Harry's Patronus. DH and I were just re-watching Deathly Hallows last week, so the necklace was very appropriate attire for the event. Grin

The last two photos are the exterior and interior of a card Lindy included. I've already picked up several ideas from it for the next cards I make.

Thank you so much, Lindy! You've been a great swap partner!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." - Helen Keller

http://pinterest.com/ancientofdays/
93/50 in 2014, 47/50 in 2013
bunny1kenobi

Ruler of the Roost, Protector of the Progeny, Conqueror of Comestibles, Chieftain of Chores, Consort Extraordinaire, and Crafty to Boot!

Best of 2013 Winner! I like my avatar, tho....

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #62 on: June 17, 2013 01:43:35 PM »

Lindy, where did you get that scone mix?  It sounds delectable!  Love the cute embroidery birdies and the card, especially.  Very cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lindyv321

That is sooo Craftastic!

« Reply #63 on: June 17, 2013 02:13:59 PM »

I am so glad you liked everything and you hit the nail on head with the descriptions of what we have in common!  I found the scone mix and chocolate bar at Cost Plus while shopping for another swap.  I love that store!  I wish I could take credit for the birdy card but the wonderful Babalina58 sent me that in a swap eons ago as part of a note card set.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013 02:14:21 PM by lindyv321 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

bambam91
The rogue Queen

Where is my mind?? Probably listening to hip hop :

« Reply #64 on: June 18, 2013 02:56:52 AM »

Argh sorry I have been a bad commenter, work has been hectic!!!!

I am loving the sea glass pendant, I always wanted a piece of sea glass and using it in the pendant is awesome!!

I am loving the signs!! They look like something straight off Pint rest

I love the Star Trek mannequin, it would look very nice in my craft room Cheesy

I absolutely love the Little Red Ridding Hood and the wolf!!! It is amazing, it is making me feel as though I need more art work on my bear walls :?/

I love the birdie embroidery, I think it would great in a quilt!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am currently inactive, due to being hit by a car. I will be back on once I am healed
Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: June 18, 2013 03:18:12 AM »

I received an awesome package from Homerof2 this morning  Smiley I am over the moon and can't wait to hang it and get pics but for now you'll have to make do with a description.

Homerof2 made me a string of Granny Heart crocheted bunting in fabulous bright colours to hang in Yarnia,my craft room  Grin It's super and I can't wait to show it off! Our common ground being,bright colours,crochet and hearts <3
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
bunny1kenobi

Ruler of the Roost, Protector of the Progeny, Conqueror of Comestibles, Chieftain of Chores, Consort Extraordinaire, and Crafty to Boot!

Best of 2013 Winner! I like my avatar, tho....

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #66 on: June 18, 2013 08:19:36 AM »

I received from pilarfarmer!  And I got spoiled!   Grin

We both love stained glass, and I am in awe of anyone who can do it!  Here's what she sent me:

and with the sun shining thru it (ignore the water barrels in the background  Cheesy):

We both enjoy sewing and she made me an adorable zippered pouch! One can never have too many of those!

She also made me some jewelry:
a domino pendant:

She made these favors for her daughter's bridal shower and shared with me - isn't it cute!  Eat me / Drink me:

She also sent some extras that I actually squeed over!

These will definitely be put to good use!   Grin

THANK YOU, PILAR!  What a great package!  I love everything!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lindyv321

That is sooo Craftastic!

« Reply #67 on: June 18, 2013 09:08:12 AM »

I received from kbrison yesterday and I got super spoiled!  Sorry a few of the pictures are yucky.  Not sure what is up with my camera right now....

First up she made me this fabulous tote!  I had pinned one she made in a different swap and am so happy to have one of my own!  In fact it is going to be my new going to work tote.

Then this gorgeous purple butterfly artwork!  I already hung it in my craft room

A tissue holder made from a turtle batik fabric along with a new turtle friend for me

These awesome coasters which are being used in the kitchen as we speak!  I always have four coasters on the counter for everyone to put their cups.  That way the kids use the same cup all day rather than 10!

These awesome rooster notecards!  I love these and think I must frame one to go up in my kitchen which is rooster themed.

Last but not least is my very own crocheted dish cloth!  (Sorry for the blurry pic) and a wooden L for me to alter!

Thank you so much kbrison!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bethimusprime

I'm officially whelmed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: June 18, 2013 11:58:46 AM »

Thanks so much Bethamusprime!!! I love everything!!!

You're very welcome!!

[edit]: Also, forgot to mention - Red Riding Hood is actually one of my favorite fairy tales too Smiley And Ghostbusters is one of my favorite cheesy 80s movies. Right along side Karate Kid, Bill & Ted's, and the Ninja Turtles.

Ssssooooo I actually received from gozer last week, it's just taken me AGES to have to time to post pictures. But trust me, it's all amazing.

First up -

I LOVE this! It's now officially my new work coffee mug Smiley Absolutely adorable! Incase you can't tell, she wrote "Today I'm reading..." and left a big blank space for me to fill in Smiley (Yes, that's "Fall of Reach" I'm reading)
Common Ground: We both love reading Smiley

Next -

Yeah, that's a Marvel comic book clutch!!! I'll have you know, I spent an ENTIRE weekend telling people that I SERIOUSLY needed to get a clutch for when we go out. Then this arrived THE VERY NEXT DAY!!! It made me love and appreciate it SO MUCH MORE! I think gozer is a mind reader though..
Common Ground: She actually already had this fabric! How absolutely awesome is that?!

The rest of the items she said just reminded her of me:

A GIRL SCOUT coin purse :O

I was a Girl Scout for 13 years Smiley This is totally becoming my new "candy pouch" for my purse!

And Extras!! -

The nerds lip balm completely cracked me up. I told her in my survey "I swear I like more than just nerdy stuff!" And the reference to my obsession of Batman and the obvious play on my username with Transformers Smiley

Close up on the Batman snack pack because I think it's way, way too adorable.

There was also chocolate in the snack pack, but uh, that didn't survive long enough to make it to the photo shoot Tongue

THANK YOU SO MUCH GOZER!!! I loved it all!!
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013 03:12:36 PM by bethimusprime » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Miss Martian: I feel so silly. Who knew a Martian could be vulnerable to a human virus?
Robin: Uh... H.G. Wells?
kbrison

Genealogists trace history

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: June 18, 2013 01:27:13 PM »

Gozer, you did an awesome job of feeding Bethimusprime's addictions!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." - Helen Keller

http://pinterest.com/ancientofdays/
93/50 in 2014, 47/50 in 2013
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Read Crochet Patterns
How to Triple Crochet
How to Crochet and Change Color Without Knots
How to Make a Wallet from a Computer Keyboard
How to Make Emergency Sunglasses Out Of Duct Tape
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...