A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 304,873
Currently Running With Scissors:
748 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Tim Burton Swap! Sign ups May 20 - Jun 1 Send outs July 1  (Read 11115 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

artista83
« Reply #90 on: June 12, 2013 11:51:26 AM »

i am done! whoot! i like them aloootttt so i hope you like them pilarfarmer!!!!! and i found the coolest extra to send with it! was like omg! this is perfect for the swap so i am sending it. and of course i had to do a ....ooop almost gave it away lol!

lets just say i did a lil thing to go with the med item thing i did....i am allllll readddyyy, just need to go to the post office and see how much to ship and ship it! i hooooopppppeeee you like them pilar!!!!

man i have such a hard time with swaps! the reason being i keep thinking of extras and then i never know if i am done bc i keep thinking of extras to do  lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Loves poppets and anything zombie! Will personal swap !
gozer
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

If only Mogwai were real... at least we have Bigfoot

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #91 on: June 12, 2013 12:05:14 PM »

I have one neat extra so far but I am sure I will pick up a couple extras once I have everything packed and I need box filler.  Tongue
 Can't wait to see what you made artista83! Watching the gallery grow is always my favorite part!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

GrannysAnnie

"It's always something!"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: June 12, 2013 12:42:13 PM »

Gah!! How are y'all crafting so fast??!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The screenname says it all - I'm my Granny's Annie!

*PhD student and audiologist extraordinaire*
Helena Puck

« Reply #93 on: June 12, 2013 12:57:47 PM »

I have a neat story to share. While stitching on one of my swap items in the waiting room, a little girl in the 2nd grade started asking me what I was making. I told her about the design and that I was tracing the design with thread.

I put it away and showed her another kit I was working on, a cross stitch panda. I showed her how to cross over the stitches as she asked about the materials in the kit: the aida, the tapestry needle, and thread. She crossed over two of the stitches on her own and I showed her on the pattern which stitches she completed. She had some trouble finding the right hole and she was surprised about how long the small design was going to take.

She asked to see the other project and wanted to know more about how to embroider. I told her she could draw or trace any picture she wanted on a piece of material, any material and embroider over the lines with the thread. I showed her on my fabric and she did two stitches on her own. She really enjoyed it.

Her grandmother and I chatted a bit too. She admired my Mockingjay bag that smileyyogini made for me. I think she appreciated that I was showing her grand daughter crafts.

I image she took her grand daughter out to get a tapestry needle and some thread.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Etsy Shop
Blog
pinterest

Open to trades for Smurfs, minions, and personal swaps
gozer

If only Mogwai were real... at least we have Bigfoot

« Reply #94 on: June 12, 2013 06:38:44 PM »

Ah! That is awesome when a kid shows interest in something other than electronics! I think kids are loosing their creativity.  Cry  It's awesome you sparked some interest in a little girl Helena Puck!!! We should all do that a little more often.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

La Chapa

Hardcore Yarnie!

« Reply #95 on: June 12, 2013 09:06:37 PM »

Helena Puck, that is a beautiful story.  I love how curious children at that age.  Gozer, yes, it is sad what personal devices are doing to the up and coming generation.  Very sad indeed Sad

On a good note, I started my medium!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Currently Swapping in:
October Holidays OTT 6, Vintage Halloween Swap, Anatomy Swap

Hoping to join:
3-D Bug Swap!

http://pinterest.com/laachapa/
SharieFairy
« Reply #96 on: June 13, 2013 06:05:08 AM »

That is an awesome story.  I often feel like it's hard to get younger people interested in needlework; but to be fair,  I didn't really get in to it until I was an adult.  It's such a confidence builder though.  That's why I love crafting in general. It's this feeling of "I made that, and it's awesome".  I think it's great that you are passing that on to a child.  Just imagine how confident she could become.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
La Chapa

Hardcore Yarnie!

« Reply #97 on: June 14, 2013 10:52:38 AM »

Finished my medium!  Now the hard part, which is choosing between the 50 billion ideas I have for the smalls.  I have it narrowed down to about 4 ideas that I really, really like.  I kinda wish I had two partners!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Currently Swapping in:
October Holidays OTT 6, Vintage Halloween Swap, Anatomy Swap

Hoping to join:
3-D Bug Swap!

http://pinterest.com/laachapa/
artista83
« Reply #98 on: June 16, 2013 12:01:52 AM »

went to send out saturday only to find the post office closed....grumble...so i will be sending monday! i am sooo excited as i got all 5 of the swaps im in stuff done, well except a lil extra i am making for the art doll one, whew!

hoping to mail all my packages at once....so excited! on a side note, my grandmothers birthday is tomorrow, she is totally into watching me make stuff (she is turning 90!) and anyway she doesn't know how to use a computer but she said she wishes she did as she would love to do a swap! she used to hand make gowns and sewing anything, but she cant anymore but sais she thinks she can crochet. i tried to find her a pattern from joannes but accidentally got a nitting one...dang it! i really wanted to have something for her to do! she is bed ridden as she broke her hip a while back and gets completely bored...i gotta get her into crocheting again. anyone have a pattern or something to crochet a dollish thing as she watched me for the art doll swap and seems facinated (i didnt crochet it as i dont know how) i have no printer though so that is a problem. maybe someone could mail me some patterns or somethin as an idea to give grandma somethin to do? dang it i need a printer! sigh...

anyway back on subject, i hope you like your package pilar. havent heard from ya in a bit, hope everything is going good for ya!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Loves poppets and anything zombie! Will personal swap !
whenindoubtsew

I do love knitting patterns - Albus Dumbledore

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 16, 2013 12:28:23 AM »

Helena Puck - that story is beautiful - I smile when I hear of another generation being inspired to be creative and crafty!! You too artista83 - your grandmother sounds like a wonderful lady.

I feel like I am going so slow compared to everyone else  Undecided Hoping to get cracking on the smalls but probably will be sending on send out date. The postage times haven't been too bad lately though so thank goodness for small wonders  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/winsomelonesome/
http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/7049637-kylie
http://www.ravelry.com/people/buildingastash 
Lexophiles Unite - sent
Vintage Halloween - crafting
Anatomy swap - crafting
Monster High swap - waiting partners
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Trend Alert: Cut Outs
Get Inspired by Nature for Your Summer Wardrobe
Sienna Miller Looks Summery and Sweet in a Seafoam Dress
Tips For Helping Your Swimsuit Confidence
Behind The Scenes: Kate Hudson For Ann Taylor Summer 2013
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...