A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 302,549
Currently Running With Scissors:
731 Guests and 39 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Woodland Baby Shower (pic heavy)  (Read 1980 times)
Tags for this thread: baby_shower , woodland  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

LovelyMiss
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: May 19, 2013 01:19:28 AM »

We found out my cousin was pregnant in January and my mom and I immediately started planning a baby shower.  We decided on colors and a theme pretty early on, so I had plenty of time to craft!

The first big project I worked on was making clip art.  I decided to do it in Publisher because that's what I was going to be using to design most of the printable items.  Inspired by clip art I found online, I made each of the woodland critters and trees from standard Publisher shapes.

We picked a date and I started working on the invitations right away.  I designed and printed the invite and used my Xyron to attach them to a chipboard backing.  I made reminder magnets, also using my Xyron, and attached them to a textured brown card stock band that I wrapped around the invite.  I added some clip art to the front of the envelope as well, to keep things festive.

The next project I worked on was a ribbon topiary.  I used push pins and a 5" styrofoam ball.  All of the ribbon was from Dollar Tree...it took 50 yards in total.

My mom and I made badges for the parents to wear.

We decided to have four games, and we wanted to keep them neutral since it was a co-ed party.  I put together a word scramble, a "baby face" game, and a baby themed homage to the Price is Right.  We also had a "guess the number of pieces" game where the prize was the jar of candy.

I used my Silhouette to cut out blank baby faces and attached them to large craft sticks.  I also cut out sets of eyes and eye brows, and noses and mouths and ran them through my Xyron.  Everyone chose their items and assembled their sweetest baby face. The parents served as the judges and the winner received a prize.  (It was my way of working a craft project into the shower!  Smiley )

For the Price is Right style game we purchased seven baby related items and I crafted flip cards to attach the prices to each one.  I made a game sheet for everyone to track their guesses, but we were looking for the person who was closest to the grand total.  Of course, all the items went home with the parents-to-be.

I added critter stickers I made to the front of some pocket folders to hold all of the games.  We added a pen and put them out at each spot.

I used my Silhouette to make a few other decorations as well, including the "congrats" bunting we hung over the gift table.

For even more fun I made water bottle labels, and we set up the ribbon topiary, as well as two tissue paper ones, on the food table.

We had the cake on a separate table along with some of the game items.

For favors we decided to send people home with cupcakes that had the same decorations as the cake.  We put them in cute take out boxes and added a thank you sticker I made, again, with the Xyron.  

The final cute little item was made by my mom...he was the perfect sign post!

It ended up being a great day!  The mommy-to-be even took home some of the decorations for the nursery.  Cheesy
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013 07:19:05 PM by LovelyMiss » THIS ROCKS   Logged

kjlutz
Tutorial Contributor

I am woman watch me grow!

Wherever you've been, He's been there

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2013 04:47:14 AM »

everything looks so beautiful.  I love the clip art you made (and am in awe of that skill).  I also love the games you chose (especially the baby face game). 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sometimes you get to change the world, and other times the world changes you.

Currently drowning in the sea called PhD.

Interested in swapping for I-Spy Quilt Squares and Scraps.
LadybugsAndBumblebees

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2013 05:35:08 AM »

How awesome, and such a lot of effort!  Soooo cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LovelyMiss

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2013 07:01:18 PM »

Thank you!  It was a lot of work, but also a lot of fun.  We don't get to see my cousin and her husband very often because they live pretty far away, so it was nice to be able to do something for them.  Plus I really love planning parties and a baby is a great excuse.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ninjaturtlegal
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2013 01:56:42 PM »

That is all really well put together! I bet everyone had a blast!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Britney Spears Inspired Hair and Make Up Tutorial
Carrie Underwood Inspired Hair and Makeup Tutorial
How to Create a Hair Side Braid with Ribbon
Tinkerbell Fairy Hair and Makeup Tutorial
Learn About Toxic Beauty Ingredient Sodium Laureth Sulfate
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...