A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 296,717
Currently Running With Scissors:
685 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Fabric Printing Swap Gallery  (Read 12408 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Bobomom
« Reply #80 on: June 07, 2013 03:21:36 PM »

I love the zombies!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fancybutch
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #81 on: June 07, 2013 03:48:36 PM »

Wow so many goodies!  Love all the sun prints people made.  The unicorns are awesome and adorable Zombies!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I reserve my right to be complex." Leslie Feinberg
ivoryh1632
« Reply #82 on: June 07, 2013 09:06:35 PM »

Recieved fro Lo{ve} today. she sent me this awsome wonder woman fabric

i so love the design, i may have to make myself a stamp of it so I can make matching stuff.

i have this chunk of superhero fabric that i found in the remnants at walmart a while back and have been waiting for inspiration to strike on what to use it for, i think i may have to pair it up with this to make a purse

thank you sooooo much i love it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sheepBlue

Crafting to keep insanity at bay.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: June 08, 2013 07:01:20 AM »

Lewlou - those sun prints are great! I love the variety of resist objects you played around with. And the unicorn print you made turned out great - the fabric you chose for the background fits with it so well.

ivoryh - 9 screens! I see what you mean now. It looks so great!! What are all the characters you did? I think I see a wolfman? and the creature from the black lagoon? The framing detail is fantastic! And the red background fits that theme perfectly.

mcook - those zombie prints are adorable and creepy at the same time. A great mix!

lo{ve} - the wonderwoman stamp is awesome! I love how sort of minimalist it is but instantly identifiable.

Ok my turn!
I received from all my partners and I was finally able to take some pictures with decent lighting.

I received an awesome topography inspired print from smashu on a gorgeous emerald linen. I'm stunned at how well the repeat is integrated flawlessly! It looks just like a map  Smiley

I had to do a detailed shot so you can see the lovely linework.

I also received an awesome package from sezouli who played around with different techniques for her prints. I'm not sure if she intended it but I love the gritty textural quality all these prints have. I have a hard time choosing a favorite.

Lastly, because I'm a goof miscalculating who wanted how many partners, I partnered up with luckdragon, and am so happy I did so because I received a most awesome fish print, with live fish swimming with their more bony counterparts  Cheesy She said it was her first time screen printing and I think it looks great!

Thanks to all my partners, these prints are all so awesome and unique. I can't wait to use them.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just a side note: If anyone makes something with the fabric they receive I'd love to have the pictures posted here. It would be so awesome to see our creations incorporated further into awesome crafts!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fancybutch

« Reply #84 on: June 08, 2013 07:09:19 AM »

Love the chicken wire.

But best of all, so amazing is that topography print!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I reserve my right to be complex." Leslie Feinberg
Lo{ve}
« Reply #85 on: June 08, 2013 12:28:18 PM »

Ivory printed Frankenstein, Bride of Frankenstein, Dracula, Wolfman, Godzilla, and King Kong! That's a lot of work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ivoryh1632
« Reply #86 on: June 08, 2013 04:38:21 PM »

ivoryh - 9 screens! I see what you mean now. It looks so great!! What are all the characters you did? I think I see a wolfman? and the creature from the black lagoon? The framing detail is fantastic! And the red background fits that theme perfectly.

Lo{ve} beat me to listing them, i tried soooo hard to do the creature from the black lagoon but i couldnt' find a good side profile that would make an easily recognizable silhouette, he just kept looking like a fish or a blob. but i'm realy glad i did everything on a seperate screen for this one because now i can use them all individually for other designs, and i have plenty in mind

smashu- that topography fabric is so crazy, i am in awe of how well the repeat blends together. how did you get it lined up so perfect?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

smashu

punk rock meets saturday morning cartoons..

« Reply #87 on: June 09, 2013 05:22:34 AM »

I received an awesome topography inspired print from smashu on a gorgeous emerald linen. I'm stunned at how well the repeat is integrated flawlessly! It looks just like a map  Smiley
YAYYY! I am so glad you like it Cheesy

smashu- that topography fabric is so crazy, i am in awe of how well the repeat blends together. how did you get it lined up so perfect?
Thank you so much! How? With great pain (lol).. When I created the screen I made the repeat so it overlapped a few inches on the screen instead of matching up exactly at the edges. Then I manually taped out all the overlapping open parts in the screen (from the bottom) until I ended up with the precise place where the next pass would match up. It ended up that I was only using about half the screen doing each additional repeat, but I have an easier time controlling how things match up. This was the most complicated fabric I've created because of the matching lines, that is for sure!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Smashu :[    ♥   My blog! http://smashworks.blogspot.com/    ♥   Pinterest   ♥   Projects 2012(114)

In progress:   ♥   50+ Projects 2013(Cool
smashu

punk rock meets saturday morning cartoons..

« Reply #88 on: June 09, 2013 05:23:42 AM »

Just a side note: If anyone makes something with the fabric they receive I'd love to have the pictures posted here. It would be so awesome to see our creations incorporated further into awesome crafts!
Also.. THIS! I would love to see what everyone makes with their fabric Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Smashu :[    ♥   My blog! http://smashworks.blogspot.com/    ♥   Pinterest   ♥   Projects 2012(114)

In progress:   ♥   50+ Projects 2013(Cool
edelC
Tutorial Contributor

find love everywhere

« Reply #89 on: June 09, 2013 09:57:49 AM »

There is no way I can comment on all the fabric that has burst onto this gallery since I last looked, there isn't one piece of fabric that I wouldn't LOVE to own, high praise indeed because mostly swap galleries have some highs and lows...this gallery, all highs!

and more highs to add, I got these fabulous fabulous ones from KawaiiHelen, she is soo talented..One from my theme of Day of the dead,

and the other was a print of hot air balloons that she had done before and she very kindly did some more for me...awesome!

and a close up
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Coconut Rice With Shrimp Recipe
How to Make an Indonesian Beef Stew
How to Make Thai Chicken Pizza
How to Make Kimchi with Chef Judy Joo
Pho Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...