A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 298,689
Currently Running With Scissors:
372 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Fabric Printing Swap Gallery  (Read 13834 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Nolansmomster

Yes. I am THAT mom.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #130 on: June 16, 2013 04:43:58 PM »

nolansmomster - that leaf print is so simplified and classic. I love how it pops on the dark fabric background. The stamped geometric print turned out great too! I love the two layers of circles together - I'm guessing you took a page from LimeRiot's toilet tube tutorial for that one?  Wink

Absolutely! Except I used a foam coffee cup for bigger circles Wink and that was the one that was actually feeling like the craft fall (though I admit I liked it better the next day).
THIS ROCKS   Logged
smashu
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

punk rock meets saturday morning cartoons..

« Reply #131 on: June 16, 2013 06:36:00 PM »

b]smashu[/b], that topography fabric is amazing! I can not believe that you matched that print by hand- outstanding! I was looking for some topographic map printed fabric last year to make an apron for my classroom, but I couldn't find any. I never thought to print my own (but it never would have come out as well). Duly impressed...
Thank you! Smiley I feel like there is a clear demand for topography fabric based on all the comments, I might have to look in to this Wink lol

smashu - I love the frog cycle fabric! Again another masterful integration of a repeat. You have some serious skill!
You are too sweet! I am so glad both my partners like their fabric Smiley

I received from sheepBlue!! It's an adorable fox curled up and I love the pattern on the fabric behind Cheesy I have no clue what I am going to be making with it yet but I've been showing it off to everyone!
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013 12:47:31 PM by smashu » THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Smashu :[    ♥   My blog! http://smashworks.blogspot.com/    ♥   Pinterest   ♥   Projects 2012(114)

In progress:   ♥   50+ Projects 2013(Cool
smashu

punk rock meets saturday morning cartoons..

« Reply #132 on: June 16, 2013 06:36:46 PM »

Also I love the avocado fabric! It is so quirky and stylized, really interesting Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Smashu :[    ♥   My blog! http://smashworks.blogspot.com/    ♥   Pinterest   ♥   Projects 2012(114)

In progress:   ♥   50+ Projects 2013(Cool
fancybutch

« Reply #133 on: June 16, 2013 06:45:43 PM »

wow! I love how that is an adorable fox, but also it comes off so geometric and graphic! brilliant

I also thought the avocados were great, and loved that they had different colour pits
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I reserve my right to be complex." Leslie Feinberg
leather and lace

I'm too 'XC' for my spikes!

« Reply #134 on: June 16, 2013 08:01:36 PM »

I just marathoned through the whole gallery right now---- everything is FANTASTIC! I love all the techniques and themes; they made for a great gallery Smiley

Just to answer a few questions I noticed. . .

The gradient color on Jen Sews's feather print was made by globbing drops of white, pink, red, and blue screenprinting ink on a clipboard, blending them with a brayer, and applying them to the linocut.

The steampunk silhouette on her gear fabric was also a linocut that i just integrated with the gears.

Hayleylujah's avocados were a linocut outline with Inkodye sunprinting ink to color the pits (is that what they're called? I don't like avocados personally, so I'm not sure Tongue), then handpainted with green acrylic paint with an additive to make it fabric safe. You guys should check this stuff out. It is waaay too much fun. It's the same stuff loulew28 used. You can even print photographs using negatives!
   Anyways, here are a couple more photos so you can see the colors. I hope you don't mind, hayleyluah!

ANYWAYS (lol), let me show you what my partners made!!!

From hayleylujah comes two yards of awesome prints made using glue resist and
dye:

Dog fabric:

Running fabric:

I love them both. They're both very subtle, yet cute. I can't wait to get using them! Thank you so much, hayleylujah!!!

And Jen Sews sent me the fantastic running skeleton she previewed earlier. It's screenprinted on the coolest natural canvas, my favorite fabric EVER.:

I am going to have so much fun with this one. I'm thinking a new bag for my running gear. She also sent an extra piece of the koi fabric:

Thanks SO MUCH, Jen! I love them both to pieces Smiley

You guys were both great, patient partners. I sort of lost my head with time these last couple swaps, and you guys didn't get mad. Thank you for a great swap Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2013 2/50
2013 Art Journal-along

LV Charlotte Bee Marie's Blog: http://little-rabbit-on-the-prairie.blogspot.com/

Little Visitors Swap
Superhero & Comic Fan Swap
Fabric Printing Swap
kawaiihelen

printing on every surface I can find

View Profile WWW
« Reply #135 on: June 17, 2013 12:49:02 AM »

Craftaddict- thank you! I drew the foxes, hot air balloons and day of the dead man myself and the spaceships are a collaboration that a friend of mine and I did together. I use light sensitive emulsion to coat my screen in and then have my line work on acetate so the emulsion reacts through the stencil. You can pretty much put photo quality stencils on a screen with the stuff its amazing!

The fox repeat took a whole afternoon to print as I did a full width of fabric and could only do one print at a time so I could see to line it up!

Btw that frog repeat is awesome I want some!! And love the avocado and the skeletons too Wink

Sheepblue - girl your printing is beyond! The rabbits arrived and are beautiful - My boyfriend cant get over the fact you just do it in your living room and make it look so professional! Neither can I  Grin

Everyone has done such a good job with their fabrics!
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013 12:56:55 AM by kawaiihelen » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I make screen printed clothes and accessories!
www.etsy.com/shop/nellystreasuresuk
I've Entered the Women in Making competition
Please vote https://campaign.triumph.com/uk/profiles/helen-smith?thankyou=facebook#_=_
sheepBlue

Crafting to keep insanity at bay.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #136 on: June 17, 2013 04:12:27 AM »

Sheepblue - girl your printing is beyond! The rabbits arrived and are beautiful - My boyfriend cant get over the fact you just do it in your living room and make it look so professional! Neither can I  Grin

Everyone has done such a good job with their fabrics!

Yay! I'm glad you like it! I'm flattered that you think my prints are professional looking  Smiley Unfortunately for all the FQs I make, there's a fair amount of flubs and mess ups that I keep  Cheesy

And ditto - everyone has done incredible work for this swap!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sloth003

i still have all my marbles.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #137 on: June 17, 2013 06:03:00 AM »

While I was on vacation i received from leapfeetfirst.  And my fabric is awesome. Smiley
game of thrones inspired greyjoy house sigil.
In not one,  not two, but three. Incarnations.

And we agreed to extra fqs. (taps foot at leapfeetfirst. Tho not this many I thought. :p)

And i amso glad we did. I LOVE these fabrics. I know exactly what I'm doing with the batik. My Cards Against Humanity girlfriends will squeal at the card pouches I am making this into.

But this one  I plan on hoarding.Cheesy and looking at it. And placing an order for eleventy million more metres. 
Thanks so much leapfeetfirst. 

And to the orgs. Thank you as well. This swap was a learning one for me for sure. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Seeking scraps! I'm in need of a variety of white on white scraps. (2.5inch square minimum) for pixel quilts. Have any? Swap for? PM me! Smiley

Stupid men are often capable of things the clever would not dare to contemplate- Terry Pratchett
Jen Sews

Formerly known as lukenlarry

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #138 on: June 17, 2013 06:35:48 AM »

nolansmomster - that leaf print is so simplified and classic. I love how it pops on the dark fabric background. The stamped geometric print turned out great too! I love the two layers of circles together - I'm guessing you took a page from LimeRiot's toilet tube tutorial for that one?  Wink

Absolutely! Except I used a foam coffee cup for bigger circles Wink and that was the one that was actually feeling like the craft fall (though I admit I liked it better the next day).

Oops!  Sorry nolansmomster.  I thought you met the leaves one since you said the freezer paper stuck to it.  Anyway I love them both!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Nolansmomster

Yes. I am THAT mom.

« Reply #139 on: June 17, 2013 07:50:17 AM »

Oops!  Sorry nolansmomster.  I thought you met the leaves one since you said the freezer paper stuck to it.  Anyway I love them both!

No problem! I realize how confusing that comment was now!  The freezer paper was just down to protect my work surface... But of course I had the paper side up on accident (rather than the plastic side), so the whole thing stuck to the paper! Such a silly mistake...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Cleveland Brown Sr. From The Cleveland Show
How to Draw Devyn from Maximum Ride
How to Draw Dorothy from Dorothy of Oz
AOL Motion Canvas: Rezeption
Using Selective White Balance Controls in Camera Raw
Latest Blog Articles
Challenge #104 Halloween Costume Winner
@Home This Weekend: Painted Countertops
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...