A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,210
Currently Running With Scissors:
506 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Shrine Swap  (Read 13612 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

AMIFRIENDS

I LOVE MONKEYS!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #130 on: June 30, 2013 09:10:15 AM »

Hockey theme shrine seems fun!!!
But I loove the tree one!!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I DON,T NEED TO GET ORGANIZED. I JUST NEED A BIGGER CRAFT ROOM =)

Im up for personal swaps...

My wists:
http://www.wists.com/AMIFRIENDS

my pinterest:
http://pinterest.com/amifriends/
PerfectlyBohemian
« Reply #131 on: June 30, 2013 09:55:25 AM »

I got my fantastic package from Wulf last night with three amazing shrines.

For my Alice in Wonderland theme, I received a small Queen of Hearts shrine:

The little details are so impressive on this. The outer frame is from an actual playing card, there is a checkered pattern painted on the inside, he used pages from an Alice in Wonderland book, and then crowned it with what appears to be the top of a chess piece.

Then there was an awesome steampunk rabbit shrine:

In the background there is a balloon ship being loaded, and is actually textured. The vacuum tube is attached to a coil and bounces about on the top.

And the best for last, a fantastic whimsical woodland shrine:

So many working doors! And the teeniest little gnome and mushrooms hiding in the bottom. This thing is so amazing. I already have it a home hanging with my other favorite crafty things, but I am torn about wanting to keep it open but not seeing those adorable little squirrels sharing their acorn on the front. It is also a real acorn, which amused me because I very nearly covered one of Wulf's shrines with acorn caps.

Thanks, Wulf, for being an awesome partner, and thanks, Lindy, for organizing this amazing swap!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #132 on: June 30, 2013 10:19:42 AM »

I have to ask forgiveness from all of you on my deplorably late posting of the shrines pinkleo so lovingly crafted for me.  It's been so hot here, no one wants to go outside, least of all me. Plus, I've chained myself to my work desk and am madly crafting bracelets for my shop.  Neither of those are anywhere near good excuses, and so please accept my apologies. 

For anyone who doesn't already know this, pinkleo and I are crafty BFF's here on Craftster, and usually do official swaps together about 2-3 times a year, as well as send one another Christmas, birthday, and random "Thinking of You" presents throughout the year.  I explain this so you will be able to understand why we seem to know each other so well, and why we were able to go so overboard crafting for one another. 

First, is the sweet little Dream Shrine.  So cute, so simple.  I love the little feathers in the doe's nest.

And check out the details on the edge.  I love the AB glass heart beads she used here, which definitely add to the dream like quality of the shrine.

Next we have the True Blue Gryffindor Shrine.  Pinks wanted to give a nod to my favorite HP House, but go in a slightly less traditional route, so that it would be more subtle.  I love the shadowbox idea, and the depth it allows.  It now lives in my kitchen, to give me courage to try new recipes.  Cheesy

The simplicity and serenity of this next shrine, paired with the delicious textures of it's materials, might just make it my favorite.  It's inspired by several shrines I have on my Pinterest, made by Knickertwist.  This beauty is currently hanging on the wall in my hallway, near a wall quilt pinks also made me of the moon.  Smiley  Note the crackled effect on the frame.  I think we were both on the same wavelength this time around, since I used crackle medium too!

And here's a close up of the Moon face.  You can also see the jewels she used as the stars in the background.

Finally, we have the crazy-big, extra-extra-extra-large To Sew, To Live Shrine!  Cheesy  This wonder is enormous, and so full of details that I keep noticing new ones each time I look at it.  It's about the size of a traditional bird house.  The silver disk at the top is actually a vintage sewing machine bobbin.  Looks like the type that is used in industrial machines. There's also a domestic machine bobbin on the inside back wall.  This one is going to work with me tomorrow morning, where it will be displayed on my desk, for all the student stitchers, actors, dancers, and other theatrical folk to see when then come in.  We have a wall that we turned into a shrine to the gods of vintage fashion, and I think this will make a nice foil to that one.  Cheesy

The left wall features a pair of scissors.

The right wall has a vintage package of needles.

Here's a detail of the Stitcher Spirit that inhabits the shrine.  She's made of wire, wrapped with embroidery floss, wears a thimble hat, and holds a tiny antique sewing machine to her heart.

And let's not forget the outside and the top!  I love the distressed texture of the paint, and the detail of the vintage clothing advertisement on the back.  But my absolute favorite part, is the button roof!
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/showphoto.php?photo=595162&ppuser=153888#axzz2XicpAf5s

Pinks, I cannot thank you enough my darling girl.  Each and every one of them is a treasure, and I love them all.  Thank you so much for diving into this crafty adventure with me.  When we craft together, even so far apart, I feel like there's nothing we can't accomplish.   Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong - Fall Semester

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #133 on: June 30, 2013 10:21:58 AM »

Wulf, those are all so stunning!  Well done my friend.  Cheesy

....and thanks, Lindy, for organizing this amazing swap!

I must second that statement.  Thank you again and again lindy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong - Fall Semester

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
LovelyMiss

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #134 on: July 01, 2013 12:20:41 AM »

Wow, those shrines are amazing, Wulf! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AMIFRIENDS

I LOVE MONKEYS!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #135 on: July 01, 2013 06:29:41 AM »

Amazing shrines!!!!!  Pinner finger ... Ready!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I DON,T NEED TO GET ORGANIZED. I JUST NEED A BIGGER CRAFT ROOM =)

Im up for personal swaps...

My wists:
http://www.wists.com/AMIFRIENDS

my pinterest:
http://pinterest.com/amifriends/
bunny1kenobi
Ruler of the Roost, Protector of the Progeny, Conqueror of Comestibles, Chieftain of Chores, Consort Extraordinaire, and Crafty to Boot!

Best of 2013 Winner! I like my avatar, tho....

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #136 on: July 01, 2013 08:10:56 AM »

My first thought on seeing the blue doe was "patronus".... Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lindyv321

That is sooo Craftastic!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #137 on: July 01, 2013 09:34:47 AM »

oh my what fabulous additions!  I love the tree shrine with the tree in it!  The Alice shrine has been pinned, and that sewing shrine is amazing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pottermouth

I like Kit-Kat, unless I'm with 4 or more people.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #138 on: July 01, 2013 11:37:30 AM »

Everyone's shrines are incredible!
The Kwan Yin shrine (before) was beautiful and I really hate writing about it in the past tense.
Is that a wee wire fence in the Halloween one? Too cute.
All of the Dia De Los Muertos ones are wonderful, especially the largest with all of that colour.
pinkleo and jennieingram's are clearly crafted with love. It's always enjoyable to see what they do when they are partnered.
Solar powered multi-purpose shrine? That's fantastic. And ingenious. And art!
I think the love shrine with the tree is very thoughtful (and it may just be me, but it's coloured all Gryffindor-y!) You made a great tree, dinkime!
And then came Wulf's magic. Beautifully detailed, so creative. (Are those the bitty hinges I see there?)
Thanks, lindyv, for an amazing swap!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wulf

Smalltacular is bestter.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #139 on: July 01, 2013 04:19:41 PM »

So relieved you got the Steampunk Rabbit shrine put back together, PerfectlyBohemian. (There was a shipping incident.) And no, Pottermouth, those aren't the teeny-tiny hinges - they really were too small even for this!

I love the winged deer shrine, both the nest and the fantastic blue crackle paint. It's so perfectly crackled!

And the sewing shrine is wonderful - of course you have to put it up at work. That's where you need the Sewing Spirit's help! I especially like the secondary shrine in the tiny frame at the back.

Wulf
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Choose a Calligraphy Brush
How to Do Calligraphy Flourishing
How to Find Calligraphy Courses
How to Illustrate a Sphere
How to Paint Building
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...