A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 300,949
Currently Running With Scissors:
718 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: ALTERED PAINTBRUSH SWAP (signup 05/17/13-06/01/13 ; mail by 06/30/13)  (Read 12649 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

artista83
« Reply #60 on: June 01, 2013 12:53:34 PM »

can we do larger paintbrushes if our partner agrees?  the 2" ones are so skinny.

one idea is to use the thicker part of the paint brush as the focal point if people do the 2". the ones i put up are a 3", a 2 1/2", 1, 1/", and a 1". i have to get some 2" the one people linked to on here is 2 1/2"

here is the link to four finished ones i did. mod lightened pics for me. i still feel they look much better in person as the shiney in all the pics gets to me. still tryin to get my hubby to give me a 1 1/2 he isn't using so i can alter it. once you start it is very addictive!

to sculpt the faces i did the same as what i do for my altered eggs, papertowel and toilett paper lol. make balls of it for certain facial features, and twist/ roll for others, then modge podge over it some flat papertowel. i sculpt the faces then while those are drying i do the bottoms then the hair...weaving into the bristols looks really awsome! i use a pencil to weave in and out then lower the fake hair and colored strands into it. would probably be really neat with diff textured yarns. i love using feathers, paper flowers and whatnot! adding tin wings helps smaller 1" brushes feel more complete. i had no buttons atm which is what i really wanted to use for the handle clothing embellishments but i had rinestones so i used those.

after the faces are half dry, a thin exacto knife (triangle shape) works well to define more as it doesnt stick as you drag it sideways while pushing lightly. takes a lil getting used to to figure out how to get it to not stick. then let it dry maybe a 1/2 hour longer after defining and paint! ps, at first i used to wrap the handle tightly but because many handles are weird shaped it is best to apply a coat of tackyglue before winding.

i did not have money to go buy clay or polymer clay or super sculpty, so papertowel/ toilett paper is a great inexpensive alternative that adds texture. just a fair warning that metalics do not photograph well but look great in person! hope i gave some ideas! it is fun to play with even if you do a different way for this swap, great for stepping outside the box and adding dimention! imagine what you guys can do out there that know how to sew! (i don't) they could be sculpted and have clothes and whatnot! i love the bird one also in the examples on the main post page here! most my brushes had dark bristols so i didnt get to dye them so i weave in it, but they can be painted too! i can't wait to see what everyone makes!

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=424113.0#axzz2UzhvZ8ZU
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Loves poppets and anything zombie! Will personal swap !
downtownmonsters
« Reply #61 on: June 01, 2013 02:07:21 PM »

wow ... that is a great idea using toilet paper - paper towel and mod podge for adding little features ... not only for this but for a lot of projects ... i honestly wouldve never come up with that! :p
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.daisybythebay.etsy.com 
vintage finds and one of a kinds
downtownmonsters
« Reply #62 on: June 01, 2013 03:18:45 PM »

so i am going to wait until i get home from gym time with the hubby ... but i have my list of partners made up! im waiting to allow for any stragglers who wait until the eleventh hour to sign up ... just in case i have to make adjustments to the partners list Cheesy so excited!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

downtownmonsters
« Reply #63 on: June 01, 2013 06:49:09 PM »

PARTNERS ARE POSTED!!

everyone should have received an inbox message with your partners info ...
now i will say things got a little ... well ... confusing once i started "quoting" and copying and pasting and sending and what not ... so if you have any issues let me know.
the partners listed by your name on page 1 of the forum are correct and true ... so if you need me to send or resend info to you i dont mind.

if you have any other issues that need to be fixed let me know.

please be aware just because person A is sending to person B ... it does not mean person B is sending to person A ... so you can check up on page 1 of the forum at the partners list to see who is sending to you if youd like as well :p
THIS ROCKS   Logged

artista83
« Reply #64 on: June 01, 2013 07:00:53 PM »

just wanted to post that for Cyndy225 i am doing a paint brush for you, hopefully your other partner can do the one for your boyfriend.

also does soemeone else have me that i don't know about? just wanted to find out, i have 2 people but one person has me. thanks.

side note to who has me: you can do whatever your heart desires on my brush! it DOES NOT HAVE TO BE THEME RELATED! I HOPE YOU HAVE FUN MAKING MY BRUSH!

yeah i use that to sculpt my plastic egg people i posted on the boards too! i know clay would be smoother but i dont have any!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Loves poppets and anything zombie! Will personal swap !
downtownmonsters
« Reply #65 on: June 01, 2013 07:39:44 PM »

just wanted to post that for Cyndy225 i am doing a paint brush for you, hopefully your other partner can do the one for your boyfriend.

also does soemeone else have me that i don't know about? just wanted to find out, i have 2 people but one person has me. thanks.

side note to who has me: you can do whatever your heart desires on my brush! it DOES NOT HAVE TO BE THEME RELATED! I HOPE YOU HAVE FUN MAKING MY BRUSH!

yeah i use that to sculpt my plastic egg people i posted on the boards too! i know clay would be smoother but i dont have any!

it should be that GRASSHOPPER has you (artista83) and cmarion 3 as well ... also CYNDY225 should have you (artista83) and moniqueramsey ...

i think when i was typing out my written list i accidentally had written in "grasshopper's' name three times where yours shouldve been one of them  ... just getting sleepy and sloppy with my typing :p

i already messaged the both of them to confirm that i did indeed send the correct info to the two of them so that they know they have you along with their other assigned partners
THIS ROCKS   Logged

susanab
« Reply #66 on: June 01, 2013 07:50:39 PM »

Hooray 4 partners! I'm so excited to be swapping with brokenbutterfly!! The wheels are already turning Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my photo blog:
nysnaps.blogspot.com
FoxyBlue
« Reply #67 on: June 02, 2013 05:55:06 AM »

I am soooooo excited to get started on this! So excited about my partners, too!! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I looooooove personal swaps! Anyone want to do a wall art swap??
My blog: http://foxybluecreations.blogspot.com/
facebook fan page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Deedras-Art/257639572940
blupaisan
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

crayyyyyyzeeeeeee about cats!!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #68 on: June 02, 2013 06:34:57 AM »

Wahoo! I am gonna go get my brush this afternoon after work! I have been lucky enough to get our esteemed organizer! With awesome themes!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It were lightnin'...
cyndy225
« Reply #69 on: June 02, 2013 07:55:44 AM »

If I end up with two for me and none for the boyfriend, that'll be okay too.

I've just got to finish off a Garfield stuffy for my dad and then I'm off to buy some paintbrushes!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Luli Fama Spring/Summer 2014 - Swimwear - Backstage, Interviews & Runway
Biggest Fall Fashion Trends
DIY Cut Off Denim Shorts
Luxury Lounge-Wear for Less: Cozy Up in Style and on a Budget
ABC Family and Wet Seal Collaborate on Clothes
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...