A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
November 17 News: WOW!  Congratulate the winner of DIY Halloween Costumes 2015!
Total Members: 303,769
Currently Running With Scissors:
383 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 3 Seam Baby Booties and Scratch Mittens  (Read 2888 times)
Tags for this thread: baby_clothes  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
« on: September 11, 2012 10:27:32 PM »

Made these for a friend a couple years ago as a super last minute baby present, I didn't know she was even pregnant until she told me she had the baby so I didn't have much time.

They were super easy, the whole lot took me maybe an hour or 2 to finish. The booties I used a 3-seam pattern I found here http://www.newconceptions.com/patpdf/Footiespdf.pdf and the scratch mittens (I think that's what they're called, those little mittens so newborns don't scratch up their faces) I just kinda winged it. I think I trace a drinking glass for the size and just added elastic to the wrist.

Everything's linned with teddy bear flannel just because I had a ton of it on hand. One of the sets is made out of that same flannel. The rest are made with fat quarters. Turns out one fat quarter makes 2 sets of booties and 2 sets of mittens, which was awsome cuz that means I could use a few different fabrics and still keep it cheap and not have to wait in line to get fabric cut.

Ok on to pictures, lets see if I can get this new photo loader thingy to work....

Black and white checkerd

green with skull and crossbones

this one's kind of a frogs and flowers spring time kinda thing, its a little less boy-ish than the others, but i figure frogs always work for boys

and here's the teddy bears which i call prison bears because they're all wearing striped shirts and i absolutely hate this fabric but that may just be because i've had to stare at the bolt of it sitting in the closet for so long. I originally only used it as a tester but threw it in cuz it turned out good and she ended up liking it so it may be just me that has a thing against the prison bears.

Thanks for looking! C&C always welcome.

Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2012 11:02:11 PM »

Those are nice. I like the fabric you used, in fact I have to confess preferring the prison bears over the black and white  Roll Eyes
But they are all l lovely and well done to you for getting them done so quickly.  Thanks for the link to the pattern.
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2012 10:24:16 PM »

Thanks! Like I said, I think the only reason I hate the prison bears is cuz I've had so much of that fabric sitting there for so long  Tongue The funny thing is I dont even know where it came from in the first place.

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2012 05:47:54 AM »

Very cute!
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2012 06:00:45 PM »

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2013 09:46:00 AM »

Cheesy Brand new first time grandmother- can't wait to whip up a set or two!
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2013 01:54:21 PM »

congrants on the new grandbaby! these are so quick and use such little fabric i'm sure your new addition will have a whole new wardrobe in no time

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Grecian Garden Vegetables with Chef Michael Psilakis at Anthos
Porcelet with Chef Kerry Heffernan at South Gate
Holiday Game with Chef Craig Hopson at One if by Land, Two if By Sea
Sumptuous Short Ribs and Steak with Chef Gavin Kaysen at Cafe Boulud
Seafood Sensation with Chef Marucs Gleadow-Ware at Aureole
Latest Blog Articles
November 25, 2015 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Cube Advent Calendar
Thankful for Family

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...