A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,127
Currently Running With Scissors:
593 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 38
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: IYP 23: Summer Do Si Do GALLERY!!  (Read 31197 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Belladune
Fiber Arts Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

crazy crafty momma

'darn kids, they were pesky from the start' D. Lee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #300 on: June 19, 2013 06:00:23 AM »

Amazing! I love all the things!  This gallery is mind blowingly awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bunny1kenobi
Ruler of the Roost, Protector of the Progeny, Conqueror of Comestibles, Chieftain of Chores, Consort Extraordinaire, and Crafty to Boot!

Best of 2013 Winner! I like my avatar, tho....

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #301 on: June 19, 2013 06:03:47 AM »

This is a fantastic swap!  Look at all this goodnesss up in here!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #302 on: June 19, 2013 06:14:37 AM »

ha There are so many things to oogle that it looks like we are just making blanket remarks: I LOVE IT ALL!! Grin

the spoon really caught my eye as did the flamingo items (I, too, am obsessed by flamingos!)...

the Monkee needlebook is hilarious!  Love it!  The jewelry making skills you guys have are incredible! I need that minion lanyard--too cute!

I am loving all of the overprinted fabrics...glad a lot of them are showing up here in this swap!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2014 101/150 ?
PINTEREST
Will swap for art
LadybugsAndBumblebees

View Profile
« Reply #303 on: June 19, 2013 09:24:41 AM »

Get ready to read about and see some more AMAZINGLY AWESOME crafts!  Alwaysinmyroom and I agreed to swap with each other for this swap.

I am unable to take and post photos, and AIMR said she would, WHEN I RECEIVE THE NEXT PACKAGE!   Grin  Even so, I wanted to post about what I received today.

*First of all, you need to know that she sent in a shoebox, and wrote on the outside:  "I didn't send you shoes!", which made me giggle!  Wink*

Ok, onto the goodies:

-An amazing piece of artwork, depicting the words and images of the quote:  "Not my monkeys, not my circus".  I have had a tremendously difficult time both in my personal and work life this year and that quote has been my mantra in many situations I have been in this year.  I cannot adequately describe how great this piece of work is, you'll just have to wait for the photo!

-She carved me a long-wanted MUSTACHE stamp, and a LADYBUG AND BUMBLEBEE stamp!  I am going to be able to stamp all sorts of Craftster items with my screen name now!

-A set of notecards with the ladybug and bumblebee stamp!  These will be used when I send my Craftster packages!

-Two felt owls with pinbacks that she received in a 'Shop the Swap' swap, that were made by Gatorwrangler!

-A CD of her husband's music, which was written in support of the people of New Orleans (a place I have longed to visit for a long time) after Hurricane Katrina.  Too bad we couldn't post music, you'll have to take my word for it-IT IS GREAT!

Lastly, she wrote me a note in a card that was beautiful, made by ScrapKat in the notecards swap!

Best thing of all...better than any swap package...I made a friend!

THANK YOU ALWAYSINMYROOM   THANK YOU ALWAYSINMYROOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Grin Cheesy Wink[/color]

« Last Edit: June 19, 2013 09:26:06 AM by LadybugsAndBumblebees » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://Pinterest.com/LdybgGrl

You can call me Queen Bee!
Or, Ladybug Girl, if you'd prefer.
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #304 on: June 19, 2013 09:58:45 AM »

oh my--I am so glad you like what you got in box #1!  ha ha I forgot to mention sooner that I could not find boxes so I had to break up the stuff into two (and the last box was squished full!!)...so, when you get box #2, I will post pics...

Thanks for giving credit to some of my other fabulous swap partners for some of the extra goodies you got!  I love getting things in the Sweat Shops, Swap the Shop, etc. to pass along as gifties...so many talented people to share with others!

Phew!  I am going to need a tiny break before the next round...this was just so much fun but the swap anxiety was super high and exhausting! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PINTEREST
Will swap for art
Calabaza
Tutorial Contributor

It's a long story.

« Reply #305 on: June 19, 2013 10:21:22 AM »

LOVE all of the flamingo goodness and all the muppet things and the printed fabric!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Toralune

View Profile WWW
« Reply #306 on: June 20, 2013 09:59:55 PM »

My partner let me know that she'll take a while to undo her magic yarn ball since she's going to crochet it all out, so we agreed that I'd go ahead and post the pics for her. So adrienne_bowers, look away if you don't want to ruin the surprise! Wink

Unfortunately I only got pics of the actual crafted items, so you can refer back to adrienne_bowers' earlier post showing the yarn ball I stuffed everything into. Also not pictured here were a couple things of chocolates (wasn't quite sure what kind she'd like Tongue) and some purchased charms, buttons and various other trinkets to fill things out.

A shot of the yarn before I started winding the ball. The pink is a really soft cotton yarn from my local yarn shop and is also the yarn you see when you first start unwinding the final ball.

A crocheted flower motif with a sparkly button center, loosely inspired by some of her pins. Sadly I forgot to put a pin or something on it before wrapping it all up, so hopefully she'll still find a good use for it. Embarrassed

A set of knitting stitch markers I made from some cute beads I found. The colors get a little lost in this photo, but I really liked how they turned out.

I also made this antique-inspired charm for her, matching chain included. It was based around the heart charm, which opens up to reveal a tiny compartment inside. Smiley

Finally at the center of the yarn ball is this flower purse, complete with sparkly button at the center of the blooming side.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013 10:02:42 PM by Toralune » THIS ROCKS   Logged
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #307 on: June 21, 2013 05:49:13 AM »

I am so glad you posted what was in the yarn ball!!!  Curiosity was killing me! Grin

I love the crochet purse so much!  All of the color-coordinated items are just lovely as well...the flower with the little pin in the center would be perfect as a pin for a coat or even a hair ornament! 

Thanks for letting the goodies out of the ... ball!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PINTEREST
Will swap for art
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #308 on: June 21, 2013 06:05:14 AM »

I am also going to post pictures for my partner, Ladybugsandbumblebees....she did such a lovely job describing what I sent that I am going to copy and paste her words and just insert pics (lazy Friday!) Grin:

-An amazing piece of artwork, depicting the words and images of the quote:  "Not my monkeys, not my circus".  I have had a tremendously difficult time both in my personal and work life this year and that quote has been my mantra in many situations I have been in this year.  I cannot adequately describe how great this piece of work is, you'll just have to wait for the photo!

-She carved me a long-wanted MUSTACHE stamp, and a LADYBUG AND BUMBLEBEE stamp!  I am going to be able to stamp all sorts of Craftster items with my screen name now!

-A set of notecards with the ladybug and bumblebee stamp!  These will be used when I send my Craftster packages!

-Two felt owls with pinbacks that she received in a 'Shop the Swap' swap, that were made by Gatorwrangler!

(Pic from the Sweat Shop Swap--made byGatorwrangler

-A CD of her husband's music, which was written in support of the people of New Orleans (a place I have longed to visit for a long time) after Hurricane Katrina.  Too bad we couldn't post music, you'll have to take my word for it-IT IS GREAT!

The name of his CD is "Xatanga"...all proceeds were sent to the Red Cross for victims of Hurrican Katrina that hit New Orleans so hard...

-Two big boxes of 'Sour Patch Kids' and two big boxes of 'Skittles Riddles' candies....one box of each went to DS (He happened to be in the room when the package was being opened...and it was fun to watch DD's face as she ate the Sour Patch Kids!  )

-A postcard of Hershey Park from around the 1960's!  (It makes me giggle, b/c in the far left hand corner, I think I see a person's house in it, with the laundry on the line!)

-FIVE SKEINS of 'KnitPicks' cotton yarn in the following colors:  blue, creme brulee , clementine  , jalapeno  , swan  , and fiesta red !  (Not only do the names crack me up, but it also says "dishie" on the label!  )

-A dishcloth pattern book, which will get a LOT of use, since I tend to make a lot of dishcloths for swaps, and keep on using the same tired stitches.

-A coiled fabric bowl!!!!!!   (I hope I have the name right for this.)  It has a lot of ORANGE   in it too!  I need to find the perfect place to put it...

-THE MOST AMAZING POCKETBOOK/TOTE EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  When I stalked AMIR at the beginning of the swap, I saw that she made bags using kimono fabric.  I found that intriguing and beautiful, so I asked for one.  Boy, did she deliver!  Keep in mind that I am very picky about my pocketbooks....pref er them large, need inside pocket, zipper closure on top...SHE DID IT ALL!  The outside of the pocketbook is a purple fabric that almost looks like suede, and there is a big loop of varying kimono fabrics going around it.  The lining is a blue/green/white fabric that reminds me of the ocean, or a stream...  One set of inside pockets looks like it is made out of kimono fabric, and the other inside pocket has a zipper closure and a small, silver DRAGONFLY zipper pull!    

(I will post the details of the bag in a separate post!)

Thanks for your patience and helping me get through some tough times I was going through while doing this swap!  I am glad you like everything...it was a joy to make these items just for you, my lovely dance partner!

WOO HOO! What a fun swap!
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013 06:21:59 AM by alwaysinmyroom » THIS ROCKS   Logged

PINTEREST
Will swap for art
Calabaza
Tutorial Contributor

It's a long story.

« Reply #309 on: June 21, 2013 08:10:44 AM »

Thanks for posting pics, Toralune and AIMR! I was hoping you guys would.

Toralune- I love all the sparkly items! I especially love the antique-inspired one. It's lovely!

AIMR- Cool stamps and great bag! I'm going to go check out its own post right now.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 38 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Chicken Tikka Masala
How to Make Fried Rice
How to Make Mango Chutney
How to Make Korean Tacos
How to Make Naan Bread
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...