A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 302,806
Currently Running With Scissors:
562 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 38
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: IYP 23: Summer Do Si Do GALLERY!!  (Read 30472 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Calabaza
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

It's a long story.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #130 on: June 06, 2013 09:02:29 PM »

I get to add to the awesomeness in this gallery! I received from StickerChic87!

We agreed on a smaller swap this time around (our 6th Smiley ) Less stuff does not mean less superness when receiving from Sticker, though, let me tell you! She sent me...

A wonderfully me coin purse! I adore typewriters. I didn't get a pic of the lining but the fabric has sweet round typewriter keys printed all over it. I love it!

She sent these great cards too! Each is a little different. These are sets of stationary I will be keeping a selection of for myself. I have to keep a bike and a bird for myself! They're much too wonderful.

I am in love with this stellar bag! Oh my gosh, it's so cool! The fabric is super and it's a perfect size for me to take all my emergency supplies with me but not so big that I look like a pack rat. And it zips! And it's so pretty too! I LOVE it, Sticker!

She sent travel bits as well! I am into anything travel so these were absolutely marvelous to get. They'll have a good home here!

Thank you mucho, Sticker! It was a joy to swap with you again. I hope you like your package too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

GlassKicker

« Reply #131 on: June 06, 2013 09:38:03 PM »

Awww, thanks everyone!  Quaggy, I'm so happy you smiled!  I know things have been absolutely crazy for you.

So, the license plate story.  We do a tree for the local Festival of Trees fundraiser every year.  We own a trucking company and try to somehow theme the tree along the lines of our business - all the drivers wives help decorate and it's just a big company feel-good event.  A couple of years back we did a tree with a license plate from every state - I purchased those from an online vendor.  They were not cheap.  About a week after we finished, hubby is registering a vehicle and the gal behind the counter had seen our tree at the festival or something so they wind up talking about it.  Turns out our DMV will allow you to buy old turned-in plates for fifty cents each!!!  Shocked  So wish I had known that before.  So when I saw that sign on quaggy's board, I just knew I had to make it.  I had a few plates laying around and I figured I'd go to the DMV and get the rest.  Well, it's quite a task to get ALL the letters you need when you are trying to do something specific, and many of the recently turned in plates are the newer plastic designs - yuck!  After awhile, I gave up and ordered letters from the company I originally got the plates from for the tree.  Turns out they take the plates that are not 'collector quality' and cut 'em up and sell them fairly reasonably.  When they arrived, they were beautifully cut and pre-drilled, which made my crafting pretty darn easy on this one - paint the board, attach the pieces with finishing nails and hangars on the back!  I've already made a couple others for Christmas gifts this year.  But for those who have plates lying around, a band saw with the appropriate blade makes short work of cutting up the plates, though you might need to do a bit of filing after the cutting.

And sadly, quaggy, I can't claim that I cut the tin for the POOL sign either - I painted the board, inserted the pre-cut tin, and attached the vinyl, which a friend of mine was kind enough to cut for me on her machine.

Gosh, now I feel like a slacker - I DID make the buttons and the initial pendant!   Grin  These buttons were made with crushed glass and a mold.  I've tried a few different techniques, right now I'm making disks and drilling holes in them prior to contour fusing - we'll see how they turn out later this week.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

This Shall Be For Music

« Reply #132 on: June 07, 2013 04:14:56 AM »

Wow!  Both Sheepblue's bag and wall art are AMAZING!!  Stickerchick's purses rock!  And OMG I love the sign that Glasskicker made!!  Smiley  Fabulous job all!!  

Hey, I think those A's are from a Hawaii license plate--ALOHA with the rainbow!
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013 04:20:07 AM by underthemountain » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hi! I'm looking for a spinner to transform my awesome fiber into yarn for me....have some fantastic jewelry and commercially purchased fiber for trade. my etsy
Live aloha
ThriftyLiving4U

Walking around with paint on my fingers

« Reply #133 on: June 07, 2013 05:30:54 AM »

Awww, thanks everyone!  Quaggy, I'm so happy you smiled!  I know things have been absolutely crazy for you.

Turns out they take the plates that are not 'collector quality' and cut 'em up and sell them fairly reasonably.  When they arrived, they were beautifully cut and pre-drilled, which made my crafting pretty darn easy on this one - paint the board, attach the pieces with finishing nails and hangars on the back!  I've already made a couple others for Christmas gifts this year.  But for those who have plates lying around, a band saw with the appropriate blade makes short work of cutting up the plates, though you might need to do a bit of filing after the cutting.

Cool! (rushes out to buy a band saw)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Would love to swap for art of my fur babies

My Pinterest
bunny1kenobi

Ruler of the Roost, Protector of the Progeny, Conqueror of Comestibles, Chieftain of Chores, Consort Extraordinaire, and Crafty to Boot!

Best of 2013 Winner! I like my avatar, tho....

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #134 on: June 07, 2013 06:16:44 AM »

After awhile, I gave up and ordered letters from the company I originally got the plates from for the tree.  Turns out they take the plates that are not 'collector quality' and cut 'em up and sell them fairly reasonably.  When they arrived, they were beautifully cut and pre-drilled, which made my crafting pretty darn easy on this one - paint the board, attach the pieces with finishing nails and hangars on the back!  I've already made a couple others for Christmas gifts this year. 

Ok, I'd love to know where you bought these!  I have Christmas gifts galore floating around in my brain now....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Calabaza
Tutorial Contributor

It's a long story.

« Reply #135 on: June 07, 2013 07:10:44 AM »

Hmm, this is what I get for posting pics at night: You can't see how cool the clutch is from the pic! Here's a bit better one:

Thanks again, Sticker!
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013 07:11:03 AM by Calabaza » THIS ROCKS   Logged

mandykaye
« Reply #136 on: June 07, 2013 07:15:13 AM »

Wow! Love all the bags and patches! Love the license plate sign! Awesome stuff ladies!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

GlassKicker

« Reply #137 on: June 07, 2013 08:41:42 AM »

Beautiful blue clutch that sticker made for you - not a big purse gal, but I love wristlets! 

@bunny1kenobi ~ sent you a PM
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cackle
Swap Moderator
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator
Pottery, Ceramics, Polymer Clay Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Whenever I close my eyes the lights go on.. Lummis

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 07, 2013 09:28:38 AM »

Two really lovely packages! They are starting to come in fast now!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #139 on: June 07, 2013 11:02:10 AM »

Love everything...the blue wristlet and the typewriter purse are fabulous!

Also loving the license plate art!  ha ha I know a few people in my family that would howl over it!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 38 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Replace Color - Photoshop
How to Create Shadows - Photoshop
How to Use New Media - ScreenFlow
How to Create a Shining Orb - Pixelmator
How to Create a False HDR Image - Photoshop
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...