A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,381
Currently Running With Scissors:
532 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 38
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: IYP 23: Summer Do Si Do GALLERY!!  (Read 30047 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

gotgrey
You are, which ever beast you choose to feed

Right and wrong are just words, it's what you do

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #320 on: June 24, 2013 11:20:33 AM »

I received from Rhymesworange today.  My youngest son and I were coming home from visiting my grandma at her nursing home.  Coming up our street I saw the PO van.  Then I saw the mail carrier walking from our house.  I checked for a box, because I had a feeling my package from Rhymes would be coming today.  Nope, no package.  A few minutes later, the door bell rang.  I knew it was my package.  I brought the big box inside.  Both my son and I at the same time starting singing, "I like boxes and I cannot lie!"   Grin  I cut the tape, and read the lovely card 1st.  Then I started unwrapping the beautiful tissue paper.  On the very top was a stuffed, crocheted version of my late greyhound, George.  I started to cry, and cry, and cry.   Cry  It looks just like him!  She even had a tag made up for the stuffed animal w/George's name on the front and RIP on the back!  My dogs even think he is real.   Cheesy  I love him so much!  I have never been able to make anybody understand how much I loved George, or how much I miss him, even 6yrs later.   Sad  A part of my heart and soul died w/him.  He was my soul dog, and 5yrs went by in a flash.  5yrs wasn't long enough.  I have never been loved by anyone, in the same  way that beautiful boy loved me.  He was my world, and I was his.  He loved me w/no conditions or strings attached.  He loved me as I am.  To him, I was perfect.  She also made a beautiful greyhound wash cloth for me.  Nobody else is going to get to use it.   Grin  Then she made an ear warming headband for me, that will come in handy this winter.  I don't really like to wear hats all the time, fingerless gloves, and 2 bars of handmade soap, which nobody else will get to use either.   Grin  I love all the colors she chose!  Thank you soooooooo much Theresa!!!!  You made my day, my week, my year, my life!!!!  Thank you for being my swap partner!!!!  You rock!!!!

« Last Edit: June 24, 2013 12:11:09 PM by gotgrey » THIS ROCKS   Logged
ThriftyLiving4U

Walking around with paint on my fingers

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #321 on: June 24, 2013 11:28:00 AM »

Wow!  What a great gift.  I have been so lucky to get art of my furever dog, the dog to which all other dogs will be compared.  I love how she even achieved the brindle fur! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Would love to swap for art of my fur babies

My Pinterest
gotgrey

« Reply #322 on: June 24, 2013 11:45:36 AM »

Oh, Theresa nailed every detail, right down to how George held his ears, when he was lying on the couch, looking out the big front window.  He held one ear cocked, and the other not so cocked.  She made a fancy, wide collar for crocheted George.  I never could afford a fancy, wide collar for the real George.  I still have George's tag, from his collar.  I'm going to add it to crocheted George's collar.  I also have George's martingale collar.  I might put it on crocheted George too.  All other dogs that have come into my life since his passing, and that may come into my life in the future, will always pale in comparison to him.  He was truly, and genuinely one of a kind.  My heart and soul dog.  Those only come around once in a life time.  His time has come and gone.  There will never be another even remotely like him.  I understood that I wouldn't be allowed to love him forever.  But, it still devastated me when he died.  Life is fleeting, so I try to enjoy each day as it comes. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #323 on: June 24, 2013 11:55:44 AM »

What a lovely lovely personal swap!  I am amazed at people who can make images of our pets!  How very special for you...those are some mad crochet skills...wow...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

GlassKicker

« Reply #324 on: June 24, 2013 12:01:11 PM »

Wow.  So much goodness in this gallery.  I went back to where I left off and went through page by page............and was continually impressed and just kept saying, "wow".  Then I got to the last page.  And I cried.  I'm not a crier - never have been, just don't really cry much ever.  But gotgrey's posts teared me up, and my own precious pup was at my side in a flash.  What an amazing love, and what a beautiful tribute, rhymeswithorange.  Just simply beautiful.

Now that I've admitted to being a softie............. ...HOLY COW this gallery is just simply stunning!  I can't believe all the crafty goodness in here!  Averia is one busy stitcher and that denim jacket is awesome!  How the heck did you manage to produce such an intricate mold, patty_o_furniture - that table setting is freaking adorable!  Ffrogg526's polymer frame is beautifully detailed.  Underthemountain is, as usual, awesome - 'Be the Change' on a penny - how clever is that??  Also love the FEARLESS and BRAVE bracelets.  jennieingram's geode pieces are stunning.  That twirly skirt is so fun, smeddley!  I cannot get over the talent and patience mountainsandclouds must have to produce that teeny tiny crane garland.  Calabazza's corset bag is so playful!  And I was just flat out wowed by ColoradoDeb's quilt!  My brother had those same Pacman sheets back in the day!  And seriously, no idea where it comes from, but absolutely LOVE 'Not my Monkeys, Not my Circus'.  I know I've left off a few - there's just so much AWESOME in here, and I was a little blindsided by the beautiful George.

« Last Edit: June 24, 2013 12:53:55 PM by GlassKicker » THIS ROCKS   Logged

luckdragon

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

« Reply #325 on: June 24, 2013 12:20:16 PM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CALABAZA!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 in 2012 (24/50)
Looking for a vintage magazine (1974 - 1978) that has a fabric nativity set w/ people and animals. An example: http://www.craftster.org/pictures/showphoto.php?photo=440861&ppuser=143144.
gotgrey

« Reply #326 on: June 24, 2013 12:37:38 PM »

Many happy returns of the day Calabaza!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
GlassKicker

« Reply #327 on: June 24, 2013 12:54:46 PM »

~Happy Birthday to You!~  I hope it's a beautiful day and a wonderful year ahead.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RhymeswOrange
please excuse her for the day, its just the way the medication makes her...

« Reply #328 on: June 24, 2013 02:32:32 PM »

I'm so glad you love him gotgrey!  I was very touched by your request and your post of crocheted George.  I'm glad he can be a comfort to you!  I showed some of the girls at work who have been following my crocheted George progress, they were very impressed so I was very excited for you to receive.   Anytime you want to swap again you've got my number!  LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I think my cat is sending me subliminal messages...
gotgrey

« Reply #329 on: June 24, 2013 02:50:37 PM »

George was the only living, breathing, feeling being that has ever loved me w/his entire heart and soul.  He was also the only living, breathing, feeling being that was ever loved w/my entire heart and soul.  W/him, I held nothing back.  Pure, unadulterated love flowed freely between our hearts. 
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013 03:19:51 PM by gotgrey » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 38 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Top Swimsuit Trends For Summer
Is Olivia Palermo Going Back to Reality TV?
Make a Splash With 3 Gorgeous Poolside Outfits
Running in Style This Summer
Eliminate "Back Fat" With the Right Bra
Latest Blog Articles
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects
How to Make Summer Treats
July is National Blueberry Month

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...