A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 299,157
Currently Running With Scissors:
485 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: interweave's corset pullover?  (Read 3599 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

AWynkoop
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2005 09:58:10 AM »

Scarletkittycat, Thanks so much for the yarn link... I almost cried when I realized I would be paying over $60 for yarn!  I thought well, there goes that idea...Just ordered my yarn though and can't wait to get started!

ysolda, can't wait to see the sweater!  Congrats!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would like to swap my knits (or amigurumi stuffies) for your handmade journal...pm me!

The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.~Winston Churchill
ysolda
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2005 03:41:08 PM »

finally took a photo - its on my blog, I'll try and nab someone to take one of me wearing it soon Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

knitting patterns and all sorts of  crafty adventures: http://ysolda.me.uk
AWynkoop
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2005 05:28:51 PM »

My yarn arrived today as well as 52 knitting needles I won from ebay for $16!!!  Yay! I would like to know, Ysolda, did you notice any mistakes in this pattern, or can you direct me to a page with corrections? I checked out your blog, and your corset pullover looks great!  I can't wait to get started!
gotta do a tedious gauge swatch first!!!  off to knit!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would like to swap my knits (or amigurumi stuffies) for your handmade journal...pm me!

The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.~Winston Churchill
ysolda
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2005 01:16:42 AM »

I didn't notice any actual mistakes. The charts are given in a kind of weird way - I didn't actually follow the stitch patterns properly, accidently at first and then decided I liked my simpler version better in the yarn I used.
Also, perhaps obviously I did the sleeves completley differently.
The only problem I have with the fit is the shoulders, I think it was designed for someone with really round sloping shoulders, there is short row shaping at the shoulders and personally I think it is too much. I know a few bloggers have said that the neckline ended up too wide - I think this problem is mainly that the shoulders fall outward, I'm trying to fix it by blocking but at the moment the shoulders fall off.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

AWynkoop
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2005 08:57:36 AM »

Ysolda... another question if ya don't mind.... Undecided I started the lace chart last night but am not sure if the first square (with the "b" in it) is the selvedge stitch or should I knit the selvedge stitch and then follow the chart? and... when there is a grey square (no stitch) does that mean to move to the "sl 2tog kwise, k1, p2sso" ? 
Thank you for your infinite knitting wisdom!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ysolda
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2005 01:09:49 AM »

you knit the first stitch and then follow the chart. You can double check this because all of the cast on number of stitches should be 3 stitches (the 2 selvage sts and the last one of the pattern that is outside the red 'repeat' box) + a multiple of 6 (the number of sts in eace pattern repeat). This works so you know thats definitely what you're doing Smiley

infinite knitting wisdom... yeah right
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AWynkoop
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2005 06:28:03 AM »

Thanks for your help. after starting over 5 times yesterday ( I am determined to make this perfect!) I took out my calculator to figure out the pattern.  I also printed my pattern in black and white, so I didn't notice the red pattern repeat until about the third attempt (since mine was a grey pattern repeat). All is well now and I am finally up to the bodice pattern. There will be no tv watching while knitting this beast.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ysolda
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2005 06:29:55 AM »

good luck with it... those red boxes were what i meant when i said the charts were stupid, at least on the bodice pattern its easy to memorise so you shouldn't have to refer to the chart after your first few rows

THIS ROCKS   Logged

AWynkoop
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2005 08:33:02 AM »

Angry Angry Angry Angry
This pattern is really making me doubt my intelligence. Three rows up the bodice pattern and my knitting has no definite pattern.  I see frogging back to the beginning and picking up all those stitches in my future.
resisting the urge to curse since children are in the room.  Realizing I am not as good of a knitter as I thought I was when I made up my mind to knit this lovely sweater.  ( I must admit my DH is being very encouraging) brownie points for him!

EDIT: broke down and emailed Interweave and begged for help... within 2 hours Lisa Shroyer emailed me back!  She took the time to explain stitch by stitch how to read the pattern! very helpful indeed! Now I can try to tackle this pattern once again!

Thank you Lisa!
« Last Edit: August 31, 2005 05:24:57 PM by AWynkoop » THIS ROCKS   Logged

ysolda
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2005 01:12:54 AM »

im glad they could help you... I hope its going well - I'll be online for the next 8 hours or so if you happen to be knitting and need some help -
il be on msn and proabably on here  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Do a Side Bun with a Bun Ring
The Best Picks for Hair Masks
New Holiday Party Hair Ideas
How to Get Volume in Your Hair for Christmas
Messy Braids Hairstyle: Backstage at Nicole Miller Spring 2014 Show
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...