A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 302,354
Currently Running With Scissors:
585 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: ideas needed for photographing onesies and baby blankets  (Read 1083 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ivoryh1632
« on: May 12, 2013 05:40:11 AM »

I've been making onesies, baby bankets, swaddler blankets, and taggie/lovie type mini blankets. I'd like to take some nice pictures so I can put them up on etsy, but I don't know anyone with a baby I can borrow to be my model.

Does anyone have any good ideas for how set them up to be photographed that won't look like i just thew them on the floor and snapped some pictures lol?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jungrrl
Global Moderator
Crafty Business Advice Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I'm a portmanteau.

Former Full-time Craftster-er

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2013 02:53:06 PM »

Hrmm... Do you have any nice lush grass you could throw them on instead? Cheesy That seems like a decent way to me (although I don't know squat about babies and what could possibly make their mothers freak out).  Otherwise, just inside but set up with a nice background would do fine. Seems like plenty of people show off onesies just lying flat! Most baby blankets I just looked at didn't have babies in them, either.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ivoryh1632
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2013 03:15:39 PM »

Thanks for the idea, maybe I'll try going to a park and taking some pics. But you're right you never know what parents are going to freak out about and I know quite a bit about babies.....hmmmm maybe if I tell them that everything has been washed before being sent......although if i go down this road i'm going to drive myself crazy because people will always find something to freak out over lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AshtonagoL
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2013 10:35:09 AM »

You can get a cute wooden hanger to hang the blankets over and hang it in a tree or something.  For onesies you could clothespin them to a clothesline or to the hanger and do the same thing there.
https://www.google.com/search?q=wooden+hanger&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=2d6oUYa9L-m6yAH5goGwBQ&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1301&bih=612#facrc=_&imgrc=P1afbsGJ57uHCM%3A%3Bn381lDh7sf0ibM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.fixturesanddisplays.com%252Fmedia%252Fcatalog%252Fcategory%252FWH1731BNC.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.fixturesanddisplays.com%252Fstore-supplies%252Fclothing-hangers.html%3B1000%3B1000
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ivoryh1632
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2013 05:18:16 PM »

that's so funny, just last night i had one of those stroke of genius while you're in the shower moments and i was thinking of decorating some baby hangers all cute and using them to display the onesies on, but i didn't think of doing it with the blankets on full size hangers, such a great idea, thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AshtonagoL
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2013 12:11:54 PM »

No problem! I think my pictures always look better outdoors! That's an easy way to do it and keep your stuff off the ground!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Phone Book Flower Pressing
How to Prepare Your Bubble Bowl Vase
How to Arrange Flowers in a Bubble Bowl Centerpiece
How to Prepare Your Flowers for a Bubble Bowl Center Piece
How to Make a Bubble Bowl Center Piece
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fabric Boxes
Tute Tuesday: A Pod of Narwhals
Hey, it's summer. Go outside!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...